• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Don't trust the text leaks. The picture/video leaks are pretty much impossible to deny at this point, but those text leaks have no evidence and I don't believe them. It's just some potty-mouthed troll who keeps making false claims as an attempt to cause confusion amongst all the other things that have been happening.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Even though Nintendo took down the video, I still believe it isn't real. Why would Sakurai cuts characters from other franchises, like Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers, for more Mario characters. Until Sakurai says “Here's Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario as playable characters” it is fake.

Leaks: They're fake unless proven real

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice

We're not done yet!

Bandana Dee can still spear his way to victory! Just have hope!

Now, let me fill you all in.

1. Yes, the leak is real. It was taken down by Nintendo, which guarantees it's validity. Like I said earlier though, the roster is not finished! At most, we can expect 4 or 5 more newcomers. Bandana Dee MUST be one of them!

2. Have we all forgotten why we support him? Bandana Dee is one of the most important characters in the Kirby series. He's smash material, and I knew it was his destiny when I first saw him. He's still got a chance!

3. He hasn't been deconfirmed yet! Apparently the NintenCops took down the footage, and found out where the leaker is. I don't think we'll be hearing from him anytime soon, so we're still on Bandana Dee's wild ride!

With that being said, keep your spirits high, fellow Dees. Bandana Dee's chances may be up in the air right now, but he isn't alone. How do you think the Ridley, K. Rool, and Issac threads all feel right now? Exactly the same.

Bandana Dee is a smasher who has a high chance of getting in, especially with 3 Kid Icarus characters?! Kirby deserves more than them. You know it's true! We're getting closer to the final stage!

i love this post, good going my friend

hold you spears up high boys and girls, we are about to enter the vortex

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
You're right, I need to pull myself together...

WHAT HO, BRIGADEERS!

WE SHALL STORM THE INTERWEBS WITHOUT MERCY UNTIL OUR FAIR GAME IS RELEASED!

FOR WE CANNOT REST UNTIL WE FIND OUR LEADER!

NOT RAIN, NOT SNOW, NOT LEAK-PRONE FEARS,

SHALL STOP US FROM THE DEE THAT SPEARS!

HUZZAH!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh1uwvVj4fo this is it

beware of clicking incase its real and spoilers ect ect
OH wow. Jeez. Looks like those leaks could be legit than. Hard to disprove straight up video. Sheesh if that's the case I can't believe Dark Pit might actually be his own character and bowser junior is in. Oh well.

I'm more pissed off that the gold intensity system is back for Smash Bros. I really hated it in Kid Icarus Uprising. *sigh*

These combined things are a real turn off for the game to me. Maybe I'll wait for just the WiiU version.

Or Kirby Fighters. I really want Kirby Fighters Z.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
._.

So...the secret newcomers are still...secret?!
From what I know, there's apparantly stuff left, but yes, nothing is confirmed by our leakers, from what I have seen.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Chandelure, you continued this thread, yet you change your avatar as if he's deconfirmed. I wouldn't expect that from the person who owns the Bandana Dee support thread! Get your head back into the game, and get rid of that avatar. Bandana Dee is just as happy being an unlockable, hidden character.

@ Gunla Gunla

your signature though

i love it

/offtopic

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Chandelure, you continued this thread, yet you change your avatar as if he's deconfirmed. I wouldn't expect that from the person who owns the Bandana Dee support thread! Get your head back into the game, and get rid of that avatar. Bandana Dee is just as happy being an unlockable, hidden character.

@ Gunla Gunla

your signature though

i love it

/offtopic
Yeah! Remember, Bandana Dee still has a chance!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well I guess we can't still say he's out if we haven't seen all the unlockable characters but considering these possible odd additions I wonder now. Seems all the most wanted characters weren't even considered. Maybe Sakurai's strategy this time changed to characters people lease expected to be their own character like Wii Fit Trainer, Bowser Jr, Duc*k Hunt Dog, etc.

I dunno.

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I go to school, and I miss the biggest news ever. I will never give up! I will fight until the end! Until the very end! *raises spear* Also, I still don't trust this leak but screw it! I still will support until the end!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, I want to put one of the Bandana Dee signature pictures from the OP in my signature. Which one do you guys think I should put?

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I've stressed this enough, but Bandana Dee IS NOT DECONFIRMED. This includes if he's not in the game's initial release, too, as he could be released as DLC. I'm sure a lot of characters are going to be released as free, or very cheap DLC. Kirby's Return to Dream Land was released on October 24th, 2011 in North America, and October 27th, 2011 in Japan. This is after the initial game release, so he actually has a fairly high chance to be an anniversary DLC on either one of those dates. I truly believe that he will be revealed as DLC on one of those dates.

Really, you guys are still acting as if he has barely any chances. He has a great chance to still be included in the game. It's depressing, honestly, to come to this thread and see long-time Bandana Dee supporters believe that he has no chances at all.

Last edited:

Servine

Smash Cadet
Guys, let's keep the hype train rolling for just a little bit longer! CHOO CHOO
(Also, just wondering but what do the YouTube trailer leaks show? I was too late to catch them.)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Out of all the characters to be secret newcomers, I just don't know if Bandana Dee fits the quota. I really want him, but just a little skeptical. My day is ruined... Oh well... Must. Stay. Strong. For the Dee...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm less confident now but it's true that he's not technically deconfirmed. I have bad luck when it comes to characters I want in smash because it's always mostly just the Kirby series and Sakurai keep wanting to be modest with additions with that series . shrugs* if I want more Kirby so much than maybe I should just wish for Kirby Fighters Z to be released in the west I guess.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Yeah, guys, that's true, thanks!
I will support Bandana Dee even if his chances are 0,1%!
We will support Bandana Dee til the very end!

*raises spear*

HUZZAH!

I literally forgot about how Nintendo can confirm things! Now I think the leak was pretty much confirmed when Nintendo took the video down, they didn't do this with the fake chorus kids video.

I think the chance of this leak being 99.9% if not true and having only a few newcomers that could probably be revealed literally put my hype into maximum overdrive!

Let's stay strong unless he gets dee-confirmed by Nintendo or Sakurai himself!

Servine

Smash Cadet
For a little discussion point, if the Kirby franchise wasn't Sakurai's creation, what would the chances of Bandana Dee be then?
He's already at a solid 65% right now, but he'd drop to 25% if he wasn't Sakurai's character from his series.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Well apparently there is gonna be a direct on Friday so I suppose let's wait until then

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm less confident now but it's true that he's not technically deconfirmed. I have bad luck when it comes to characters I want in smash because it's always mostly just the Kirby series and Sakurai keep wanting to be modest with additions with that series . shrugs* if I want more Kirby so much than maybe I should just wish for Kirby Fighters Z to be released in the west I guess.
I honestly think you should be more confident, because this gives him better chances of being revealed on Return to Dream Land's third anniversary. He'd be DLC, of course, but that shouldn't matter much. I agree with you though, it's hard having expectations for Kirby content in Smash Bros. because Sakurai wanting to be modest, but just imagine how Metroid and Donkey Kong fans feel. Also, I don't think you should even question Kirby Fighters Z being a Japanese-exclusive game. Most of the assets for localizing the content is already included in Triple Deluxe, so they'd really just need to switch out some files and get it ready for the eShop. I'm really excited for it, mainly for those alternate costumes. I hope that Nintendo of America adds in online, although Nintendo hasn't had much differences compared to the Japanese titles in a while.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Well, it seems we won't get any more information out of the leaker. According to a report I read, the guy was a employee of Nintendo of America and decided to leak out this information.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127040606&postcount=16458
I have a source that has just informed me that Nintendo have identified the leaker. He has been fired and is being sued. He does not work at ESRB itself. He was an employee of NoA, who was sending materials to the ESRB. This is a completely internal leak.

The leaker, despite having been fired, still has a copy of the Smash Bros 3DS game in his possession; as well as one of the 3DS systems used for internal ratings. Nintendo has yet to seize these from him. It's a copy of the final build of the game.

If there is more to be unlocked in the game, such as new characters, it is possible we'll see more from him (if he still cares to share it); given that he still has it.
Nintendo is probably ready to sue the pants off this guy. If this is true, then this guy messed up big time.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
For a little discussion point, if the Kirby franchise wasn't Sakurai's creation, what would the chances of Bandana Dee be then?
He's already at a solid 65% right now, but he'd drop to 25% if he wasn't Sakurai's character from his series.
I think has chances would really depend on how popular the franchise he's apart of is, what role he'd play in the series and if he's a 3rd party character, then what relationship do they have with Nintendo. If he's a character from Nintendo then I think his chances would be around 20%-30%ish but that's if he's still apart of a popular franchise (like Starfox if he was somehow apart of that franchise or something similar) and having a role that's the similar to his role right now, if he was a character from an outside company that was a popular franchise, like Sonic or something similar with a good relationship with Nintendo and had a similar role, then maybe 5%-10%ish.

Well, it seems we won't get any more information out of the leaker. According to a report I read, the guy was a employee of Nintendo of America and decided to leak out this information.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127040606&postcount=16458

Nintendo is probably ready to sue the pants off this guy. If this is true, then this guy messed up big time.
Well if that's true that makes way more sense then an guy from the ESRB that somehow got his hands on the game even though the ESRB rarely gets the games they rate.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
He was about to reveal Bandana Dee when Reggie broke down his door and yelled "I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!" and then jumped into his room. He FALCON PAWNCH'D his computer monitor, while the leaker backed into the corner, panicking. Reggie turned around, and looked him in the eyes, and asked him "Is your body ready?". Sobbing, he replied "My body is ready.".

*censored content*

Reggie is love, Reggie is life.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
He was about to reveal Bandana Dee when Reggie broke down his door and yelled "I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ***!" and then jumped into his room. He FALCON PAWNCH'D his computer monitor, while the leaker backed into the corner, panicking. Reggie turned around, and looked him in the eyes, and asked him "Is your body ready?". Sobbing, he replied "My body is ready.".

*censored content*

That's probably exactly what happened! :laugh:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Despite the exaggeration, Reggie's probably not happy right about now.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
I think Sakurai would be more angry than anything, think about it, he's the king of hype and anticipation, and everything just goes to hell in seconds.

I really am holding out for Bandana Dee, he's gotta make it! HE'S JUST GOTTA.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
He was about to reveal Bandana Dee when Reggie broke down his door and yelled "I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ***!" and then jumped into his room. He FALCON PAWNCH'D his computer monitor, while the leaker backed into the corner, panicking. Reggie turned around, and looked him in the eyes, and asked him "Is your body ready?". Sobbing, he replied "My body is ready.".

*censored content*

You have no idea how badly I want to make this quote my signature.

Top Bottom