• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
well there was never full proof that he was in, so he didn't technically drag us along. and theres always dlc and the remaining slots as well as smash 5 -shrug- and we get to speculate and look for stuff for next time, im lookin forward to getting to go threw all this again, the talking with you all and stuff next smash, should he not be in. which he might still be, who knows.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't understand how this leak could seem fake anymore. The Project M Dev Team said it takes over 700 hours to animate a character, meaning only two characters, Roy and Mewtwo, took over 1,400 hours just to animate, excluding effects, textures, particles, collisions, coding, models, etc, so I doubt somebody had managed to completely re-create Lucina, change the physics and animations of Ganondorf, add in Shulk with complete animations, add in Bowser Jr. with complete animations, and have Bowser, Kirby, and Pikachu all with their new 3DS models and animations. Nobody has so much time on their hands they can completely re-create several characters just for a minute of video. We've seen renders of all these characters, which are professionally done, and also have seen complete videos including them. I don't think anybody is as creative as Sakurai and his team to put Bowser Jr. in his Koopa Clown Car.

------

While I won't go into detail right now, there's no reason to think Bandana Dee isn't making the cut. He's more relevant than over half of the most requested Smash Bros. characters, and is part of one of the most popular Japanese franchises. Sakurai obviously takes more consideration into the Japanese requests than North American ones, and Bandana Dee is a highly requested character there. Also, for those wondering why a Bandana Dee trophy hasn't been seen, it's because the ESRB was sent a video of some of the content in the game that may be considered inappropriate, such as "demons", nudity, and other "scary" things. I'm not sure if anybody would consider Bandana Dee to be a nude, scary demon.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I hope Sakurai could just tell us straight that Bandana Dee isn't in the game, for dragging us along this far only to have our dreams crushed.

Dude. For real? Now your being insane. It is okay, accept it.
I don't understand how this leak could seem fake anymore. The Project M Dev Team said it takes over 700 hours to animate a character, meaning only two characters, Roy and Mewtwo, took over 1,400 hours just to animate, excluding effects, textures, particles, collisions, coding, models, etc, so I doubt somebody had managed to completely re-create Lucina, change the physics and animations of Ganondorf, add in Shulk with complete animations, add in Bowser Jr. with complete animations, and have Bowser, Kirby, and Pikachu all with their new 3DS models and animations. Nobody has so much time on their hands they can completely re-create several characters just for a minute of video. We've seen renders of all these characters, which are professionally done, and also have seen complete videos including them. I don't think anybody is as creative as Sakurai and his team to put Bowser Jr. in his Koopa Clown Car.

------

While I won't go into detail right now, there's no reason to think Bandana Dee isn't making the cut. He's more relevant than over half of the most requested Smash Bros. characters, and is part of one of the most popular Japanese franchises. Sakurai obviously takes more consideration into the Japanese requests than North American ones, and Bandana Dee is a highly requested character there. Also, for those wondering why a Bandana Dee trophy hasn't been seen, it's because the ESRB was sent a video of some of the content in the game that may be considered inappropriate, such as "demons", nudity, and other "scary" things. I'm not sure if anybody would consider Bandana Dee to be a nude, scary demon.
Yeah, I'm grasping straws. I'm just really hoping that this leak isn't real, even if one of the characters I want in the game is DLC. Which isn't probably going to happen.

I rather have situation that they would both be unlockables rather than having one for DLC, either way I'm thankful for at least getting one character.

Either way, this leak is suspicious to me and I'm not trusting any character leaks unless Sakurai states them as playable characters.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I personally think these "leaked" videos are just really good Brawl retexture hacks with a bit of photoshop.

Look at leak6 at 0:34,

What's that black thing? I think it's the character model, this shouldn't happen when a character falls.

I really hope I just Megaton punched this leak into oblivion or at least brought someone's sprits up about this possibly being fake.

Also, someone in the comments also brought up that gannondorf has the same moveset from Brawl.

I really don't think Sakurai would give other characters revamped movesets and let him sit with the same moveset. I think this gives more proof of these characters just having really good retextures and this gameplay actually coming from Brawl.

This leak is so fake in my opinion, I can almost taste it...:chuckle:
I see not a black thing. All I saw was a character getting KO'd. Plus, Brawl is insanely floaty and that special animation on Ganondorf as he flies offscreen is not in Brawl either. Not to mention, one of the characters fastfalls. Fastfalls didn't exist in Brawl unless you use a DAir that causes a stall-then-fall. Smash 3DS is not going to be floaty, or at least not as floaty as Brawl was.

Not to mention the other things, like Bowser's movements---

------

----Yeah, ^ that. precisely that. And even with the leak real, there's no reason to doubt that Bandana Dee is in. He may seem more unlikely now, but he's not out yet.

Smash 3DS is rated E for Everyone 10+!
Plus he's not exactly nude, he's wearing a bandana......

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Was gone for awhile. Did I miss anything?
Leaked turned out to be true, no sign of Bandana Dee anywhere. Leaker allegedly claims that Impa, Mach Rider, Ridley, Dixie, and MewTwo are the final characters.

Sad day. At least I got Robin, my second most wanted character.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Didn't they prove one of the leakers was just an inposter? There's still hope if that's the case.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
i doubt that, simply because mach rider, we got duck hunt for the retro character, i don't see why we'd get mach rider too

and guys

no sign of bandana is a GOOD thing, lets hope he isnt in the game at all for now
cause that means he has even bigger shots at comming out as DLC, with a big shiny trophy

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Leaked turned out to be true, no sign of Bandana Dee anywhere. Leaker allegedly claims that Impa, Mach Rider, Ridley, Dixie, and MewTwo are the final characters.

Sad day. At least I got Robin, my second most wanted character.
Source, I've heard about Dixie and the others but didn't recall Mach Rider and Impa.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Onto the leak, I have a few things I like, don't like, and things I hope happen.

Characters:

Bowser Jr. -
When the leak has initially risen, I wasn't excited for Bowser Jr. at all. I didn't want him in the game, and I truly expected him to be a character I would never play. Now, today, after seeing actual footage of him, he makes me very excited. Bowser Jr. fits into the Mario franchise very well, and actually makes me happy to see him on the roster now. While I may be liking the Koopa Clown Car more than Bowser Jr. himself, I love the character. I love the expressions that the Koopa Clown Car shows, and really like the unique attacks he has. If I saw correctly, the car actually has an attack to lick people, haha. Also, it seems that the rumor about Bowser Jr. having no alternate palettes, and instead having alternate costumes of the different Koopalings is true, as we have seen a trophy of Larry riding in the Koopa Clown Car. I'd honestly prefer just Bowser Jr. with different colors, but the Koopalings are sure to please fans.

Shulk - While I haven't gone through XenoBlade yet, it seems like Shulk is a very requested fighter. From what I've seen so far, Shulk has a more "nerdy" personality compared to other sword wielders in the game, so that'll be fun to watch. So far, Shulk seems to be a more unique wielder with his Monado, and the different modes that it includes. I feel like he will be one of the most unique weapon wielders in the game, as he seems that he'll have more gimmicks than others.

Duck Hunt - When I saw the "Duck Hunt Dog" requests, I immediately discarded them. I didn't like the dog's design, and had thought he would be more of an annoying, obnoxious character than anything. After seeing his render in the first leaks, my opinion on him changed. He looked more like a casual, happy dog that, for some odd reason, had befriended a duck. His design had changed for the best, as he had a lighter, more cartoon-y style, and lost most of the obnoxious feel from him. While we haven't actually seen him in-game, I'm very interested in how he fights. If he grabs the ducks by the neck and swings them around, I don't really know how much I'd like him, but from what I've heard, the dog will be fighting along side the duck, with the ducks assisting him with certain attacks. I'm not sure how much I'd like an actual dog fighting, as I'm not sure really what he'd do, unless he's one of the more... creepy dogs, that likes to stand on it's hind legs all the time. In terms of his expressiveness and attacks, I hope he takes notes from Kirby, similar to his Animal Copy Ability.

Clones (Lucina, Doctor Mario, Dark Pit) - I have a few problems with the clones this time around. First of all, Lucina and Dark Pit aren't grouped with their respective franchises. While I don't care much if Doctor Mario is grouped with his franchise, as having two versions of Mario next to each other would look odd, I'm not that happy that Lucina and Dark Pit aren't grouped with their franchises, as it makes them feel like they're not supposed to be part of those games. Another one of my problems is Doctor Mario being included as a stand alone character. While it isn't taking any development time, Doctor Mario could easily go over as an alternate costume. Doctor Mario may possibly not work as an alternate due to the fact that he doesn't use F.L.U.D.D, but I'd prefer Doctor Mario to not be in the game at all if not an alternate costume, as I feel like having two variations that are still the same character on the roster is a bit dumb. Dark Pit is better about this as he's still a completely different character, as he isn't just Pit in a different pair of clothes. Dark Pit actually has his own personality, so I feel like he fits in better. Lucina follows this the same way, as she isn't Marth wearing a wig in different clothes, and instead is a completely different character with a different personality. Both Lucina and Dark Pit are staying true to their series, as they technically are clones of their respective characters in their actual games, too.

Veterans (Ganondorf, Ness, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch) - While I'm not going to go over them much, there's one thing they all have in common that I don't like. I really feel like their renders does a poor job of showing them off, and is poorly designed. After seeing Ganondorf's renders, I'd say they did a nice job on him, and fits in well with both Link and Zelda. In terms of Ness, I don't really like his render, as it poorly expresses him and feels too plain. I actually much more prefer the fake render that was made of Ness, as it generally looks better, and expresses Ness more. I hope that both Wario and Mr. Game & Watch's renders are place holders, as they both look horrible. Wario's render looks like garbage, and doesn't even express him that well, while Mr. Game & Watch looks like they took the model from his shield pose and put it in. I hope that they both change, as I really don't like them.

Stages (Kirby's Dream Land) - This is actually very exciting, as I'm sure many of you know. The amazing, classic GameBoy stage that we are receiving is none other than a stage dedicated to Kirby's Dream Land! As much as I'd love Bubbly Clouds, having a true classic Kirby stage still wins. I'll probably be playing on this stage a lot, and using it's music in Smash Run. I actually hope that the stage is a scrolling stage, only because I'd like to see more areas than just one part of the level. Also, it basically is confirmed to be a Kirby stage rather than a general GameBoy stage that switches cartridge, as that is the only Kirby stage on the 3DS.

General - Overall, the design of the game is beautiful. The menu design fits throughout the game well, although I'm not a big fan of the plain, black background on the character select screen. I feel like it would look a lot better if it was white instead, similar to the other menus. The menu icons and renders are very well done, and makes the game feel nice throughout. Also, new features that have been revealed such as online features and Multi-Man Smash seems as if it'd be fun. I'm really liking the Replay Channel, as it seems that it'll works similarly to Mario Kart TV. I'm happy to see that you can send "Mii Fighters, snapshots, and more via the Internet!" to your friends, as I can add some of you guys and send you some snapshots, haha. Hopefully some of you are into that, because anybody who adds me is sure to receive some snapshots. Training Mode seems to have gotten significant upgrades, so it'll be a lot more helpful this time around. Touch Screen capabilities in Training Mode is surely going to make switching between items and modes a lot easier. Also, it seems that Smash Run has Team Battles at the end match, too, so that'll be fun.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
As a non-believer of the past image leak now looking at the video leak I can safely say that it was real or insanely well made, but most likely real. As for Bandana Dee like stated earlier there has yet to be any sign of him, quite unusual seeing how he went so far as to deconfirm a bunch of characters (Ashley, Ghirahim, Wonder Red, etc)
As for Bandana Dee's chances it hasn't changed, the leak is as strong of a reason as unrelated Waddle Dees in Smash Run UNLESS that the leaker finally reveals the full roster and/or plays all-star mode with Dee not being present.
He could get deconfirmed this week if anything but let's keep our heads high until/if it ever happens

EDIT: Nintendo of America toke down the leak videos, could mean anything really but that's that

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Characters:

Bowser Jr:
Similar to @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima , I initially hated the idea of Bowser Jr. I really didn't like him as a character and I didn't think his moveset would be fun to use. However Sakurai has made it work. Plus the bonus fact that I don't even need to play as Bowser Jr., I can be one of the other Koopalings! I'm going to be maining Iggy, Luigi, and Robin for sure.

Shulk:
I never played Xenoblade so I don't know anything about the character. From the videos his Moveset seems pretty basic and not that interesting. Maybe there is something underneath the surface and he has a secret mechanic.

Dunk Hunt:
I would like to play as him. He looks cool. I want to see gameplay.

Dr. Mario:
He is the only clone I'm not mad about getting in. Since he actually has a different Down Special than normal Mario.

Dark Pit:
Meh.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Shulk:
I never played Xenoblade so I don't know anything about the character. From the videos his Moveset seems pretty basic and not that interesting. Maybe there is something underneath the surface and he has a secret mechanic.
Actually, iirc, there's somenthing called arts (or something similar to that) in Xenoblade Choronicles, wich are special skills each character can use. Maybe Sakurai will implement this in Shulk's moveset.

Anyway, i'm actually okay with this roster. No Bandanna Dee is a bummer, but Bowser Jr. looks tons of fun, and i'm curious to see how DHD will play. So, in the end, while I dind't get the characters I wanted, i'm sure there will other I will enjoy playing as. Who knows? Maybe my next main will be Dark Pit.
Besides, if Bandanna Dee keeps getting major apperences witch he probably will) in Kirby games, he will have a much bigger shot in smash 5. This is not the time for us to feel sorry at ourselfes or angry at Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I'm… I'm gonna cry right now. WE NEEDED THE DEE! WERE IS HE! SAKURAI FAILED US! SAKURAIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

Edit: By cry, I meant this:
So not literally

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I mean, it isn't totally hopeless. There are three slots left besides the very likely inclusion of Ridley and Dixie Kong.

People claim it to be Impa, Mach Rider, and MewTwo. However it isn't confirmed.

It could easily be Bandana Dee, Sceptile, and Isaac.

However, don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Clones (Lucina, Doctor Mario, Dark Pit)
*breath*
*breath*
*breath*
*deep inhale*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a few problems with the clones this time around. First of all, Lucina and Dark Pit aren't grouped with their respective franchises. While I don't care much if Doctor Mario is grouped with his franchise, as having two versions of Mario next to each other would look odd, I'm not that happy that Lucina and Dark Pit aren't grouped with their franchises, as it makes them feel like they're not supposed to be part of those games. Another one of my problems is Doctor Mario being included as a stand alone character. While it isn't taking any development time, Doctor Mario could easily go over as an alternate costume. Doctor Mario may possibly not work as an alternate due to the fact that he doesn't use F.L.U.D.D, but I'd prefer Doctor Mario to not be in the game at all if not an alternate costume, as I feel like having two variations that are still the same character on the roster is a bit dumb. Dark Pit is better about this as he's still a completely different character, as he isn't just Pit in a different pair of clothes. Dark Pit actually has his own personality, so I feel like he fits in better. Lucina follows this the same way, as she isn't Marth wearing a wig in different clothes, and instead is a completely different character with a different personality. Both Lucina and Dark Pit are staying true to their series, as they technically are clones of their respective characters in their actual games, too.
...................Today you live.

Dark Pit isn't a clone, however. He can easily have a unique moveset, especially since Pit now uses the Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars in his moves.
Please don't post about the newcomers, this is the Bandana Dee thread.
Chand, what are you doing? Change your avatar back, the Bandana Brigade is still in this thing! We're not giving up just because a single leak that mentions nothing about Bandana turns out real.

Even with this leak confirmed real, Bandana could still be in. And, as long as he is, I don't really mind whoever else gets in, minus a select few certain ones.

Plus, we never know with Sakurai, so above all else we can always hope for DeeLC. And even then, he'll undoubtedly be in Smash 5.
It's not over until the fat lady sings!
Exactly!

Servine

Smash Cadet
It's still not over until the bitter end!
Seriously, though, imagine if this is all a ruse planned by Sakurai to troll us beyond belief. Of course it isn't, but it's something funny to keep our minds off of the sad, yet slowly more real, truth.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
pic of the day

BANDANA DEE REVEALED

to be a stage, you fight on a giant bandana dee, all fighters shrunk down, we know a lot of people wanted bandana dee, so of course we had to put him in

:troll:

LF2K

Floor Diver
We're on the brink of finding out BD's fate. We haven't seen head or tail of him, so that much we can hold on to!

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory

We're not done yet!

Bandana Dee can still spear his way to victory! Just have hope!

Now, let me fill you all in.

1. Yes, the leak is real. It was taken down by Nintendo, which guarantees it's validity. Like I said earlier though, the roster is not finished! At most, we can expect 4 or 5 more newcomers. Bandana Dee MUST be one of them!

2. Have we all forgotten why we support him? Bandana Dee is one of the most important characters in the Kirby series. He's smash material, and I knew it was his destiny when I first saw him. He's still got a chance!

3. He hasn't been deconfirmed yet! Apparently the NintenCops took down the footage, and found out where the leaker is. I don't think we'll be hearing from him anytime soon, so we're still on Bandana Dee's wild ride!

With that being said, keep your spirits high, fellow Dees. Bandana Dee's chances may be up in the air right now, but he isn't alone. How do you think the Ridley, K. Rool, and Issac threads all feel right now? Exactly the same.

Bandana Dee is a smasher who has a high chance of getting in, especially with 3 Kid Icarus characters?! Kirby deserves more than them. You know it's true! We're getting closer to the final stage!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I recall hearing that that list with Impa turned out to be fake.

Your move, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure .

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I won't believe it unless Sakurai confirms it
This. While it's looking mostly real, I'm not fully believing it until Sakurai does something to confirm it.
This is the right attitude, guys! Leaks are FAKE until official sources confirm them! You have three weeks until the street date, three weeks before we can really know who's getting stomped on this time around. If it helps, I actively support Mewtwo and Ridley, but I'm not opposed to another Kirby newcomer.

Not least because the Waddle Dees were always the best part about unwinding with a Kirby game. ;)

LF2K

Floor Diver
A bunch of imposters or people wanting to piggyback off this leak are posting, as well. You can't believe everything!

Top Bottom