• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Basically, two guys, who seem to be respected among the community, both said on twitter that they know the next character. I think I heard one was piggybacking off the other, but I can't confirm this. The two guys are known on twitter as RogersBase and Stealth_.
Roger said the character would be an 8 or 9 on the hype scale and would be coming withing two weeks. Stealth said he is rather looking forward to the character. He doesn't think this character won the ballot, but it makes a whole lot of since for a whole lot of reasons. He also said that the character's inclusion isn't shocking. He originally said an announcement should happen within a week then changed it to two weeks.

RogerBase's first tweet talking about a character:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RogersBase/status/651235272995270657

Stealth_'s first tweet (I believe):
https://mobile.twitter.com/Stealth___/status/651430522388881408
Did roger even mention it's a character, all I see currently is that he's says he knows some kind of Nintendo news.
I guess this rumor sorta goes well with the rumor that there's a direct on the 14th (or is it 17th).

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
So here's who I think is most likely (not in any particular order and DEEFINITELY not all of them)

I expect most of these guys to be in by Smash 5.

edit: Punz are funz
So since I expect only four, some of those are out in my guesses. You did list the characters I see coming, King K Rool, Wolf, Bandana Dee, and Shovel Knight. Inklings are too new, Ice Climbers don't work on the 3DS, and Isaac is sadly not big enough in Japan. Also, we don't even know that there'll be a Smash 5 so we shouldn't speculate for it until it's actually confirmed, which won't likely be for another few years.

I'd roger even mention it's a character, all I see currently is that he's says he knows some kind of Nintendo news.
I guess this rumor sorta goes well with the rumor that there's a direct on the 14th (or is it 17th).
Either date would be before Shovel Knight's Retail release, I think, so a reveal for him would be nice for an announcement for extra modes and stuff.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just caught up with RogerBase/Stealth thing.

Hmm... 8-9 on hype scale and isn't surprising as an inclusion.

Honestly, it can be applied to any frontrunner, but Bandana Dee does quite fill this description, imo.

:231:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Nintenzilla to be honest you're extremely gullible that "rumor" holds no water. Like every other "leak" you bring here it'll most likely be fake. When someone leaks something they tell you everything ..this is someone most likely looking for attention. Please try to find leaks find some that hold water.

@RetroJake as humans we all have different views on how popular he is. Some people have more confidence and some don't and others...grasp on to straws and any leak may be Bandana Dee to them.
First off, that was one time, and even I was skeptical, I've learned from that, this rumor could very well be true and we could very well get Bandana Dee, second, please calm down, there's no reason to be hostile.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'm not being hostile. You are acting like I'm trying to attack you besides that rumor doesn't hold any water. Anyways there is no reason to start a fight over nothing

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not being hostile. You are acting like I'm trying to attack you anyways there is no reason to start a fight over nothing
I'm not trying to start a fight, just know that the rumor holds some ground and could very well be implying that Bandana Dee is on the way, still, we should take it with a grain of salt.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
(they are locks for Smash 5 though, unless there's another handheld Smash)
Thankfully, there will be more handheld ones from now on. Portable devices ruling most of the market on a global scale for various reasons, plus the massive sales Smash 3DS has had, guarantee that.

Don't forget, by the time we're looking at a new Smash title, the next handheld will definitely be able to handle them - there is no way that it won't be possible. :)

Also, we don't even know that there'll be a Smash 5 so we shouldn't speculate for it until it's actually confirmed, which won't likely be for another few years.
Part of the ballot's purpose is for the next game. ;)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It could very well end up real, and could very well be Bandana Dee. As he does fit the description. Not to mention the reliable source. So yes, the chances are in its favor.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It could very well end up real, and could very well be Bandana Dee. As he does fit the description. Not to mention the reliable source. So yes, the chances are in its favor.
I'm sorry, what leak did I miss with a reliable source?

Because the ones I know floating around are:

1) The months-old Shovel Knight one which frankly should've been debunked when the big announcement they were playing up was for just the amiibo and not Smashdom, akin to "Monado Monday" for Gematsu.

2) Stealth_. saying things without any kind of real back up to his claims.

3) Rogersbase tweeting the whole "that feel when you know a smash character, expect news in the next week or two." Edit: He has some credibility from being an old employee, but not RELIABILITY if he hasn't helped leaks before. Accuracy vs Percision.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What makes this so most likely true?
Well for one thing, this is a reputable source, who also used to work at Nintendo, if you recall a while back there was a Splatoon event in NYC not too long ago, before invites or even announcements about it were made, he leaked to the public that the event was going on, and what do you know, it happened, not to mention he leaked details about the April 1st Nintendo Direct, mainly things about Smash and Splatoon, and various Amiibos. So yes, he has a reputation, so this could very well happen to be real. He's also been backed up by various sources, kinda like Tamaki.
I'm sorry, what leak did I miss with a reliable source?

Because the ones I know floating around are:

1) The months-old Shovel Knight one which frankly should've been debunked when the big announcement they were playing up was for just the amiibo and not Smashdom, akin to "Monado Monday" for Gematsu.

2) Stealth_. saying things without any kind of real back up to his claims.

3) Rogersbase tweeting the whole "that feel when you know a smash character, expect news in the next week or two."
Tamaki's source still says that Shovel Knight's coming. As for this rumor, Greninja got you.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
But the question still arises why didn't he just say the character?

It has a body but has no legs.

Anyone can say there is a character gonna happen and how many times has Tamaki been wrong..

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well for one thing, this is a reputable source, who also used to work at Nintendo, if you recall a while back there was a Splatoon event in NYC not too long ago, before invites or even announcements about it were made, he leaked to the public that the event was going on, and what do you know, it happened, not to mention he leaked details about the April 1st Nintendo Direct, mainly things about Smash and Splatoon, and various Amiibos. So yes, he has a reputation, so this could very well happen to be real. He's also been backed up by various sources, kinda like Tamaki.

Tamaki's source still says that Shovel Knight's coming. As for this rumor, Greninja got you.
Gematsu still said Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Kids were still coming as playable characters after E3 2014. The very next trailer we got was Robin & Lucina.

I'll sit on my "Non-Believer" throne for now and if I am wrong you all have right to wedge shovels under it and fling me.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It has a body but has no legs.

Anyone can say there is a character gonna happen and how many times has Tamaki been wrong..
Heh, Invisible Dee confirmed!
I think it was so he didn't get sewed, as you can get in a lot of trouble for that (ESRB leaker) as for Tamaki, not very often, and it's usually just a misunderstanding from viewers. (Fallout 4)

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm gonna just say it.

If I knew a character, I'd give you the name, but through a code.

Like...

Edit: That code by itself being simpler than what I'd actually do, and only one step... go make people work for their news. Because the few people able to figure out my crazy way of encoding it would all be called nutjobs.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He could get sued.

As for believing it or not, I'll just wait and see. I've not put stock in any rumours outside the ESRB and Gematsu ones. All I said is that the description could fit anybody.

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Did roger even mention it's a character, all I see currently is that he's says he knows some kind of Nintendo news.
Hmmm, you're right. I don't see anything talking about a character, but I don't know what else would be a 8-9 on the hype scale. (Unless a bunch of old stages are coming back, cough cough Fountain of Dreams).

But anyways. Hey Bandanna Dee Thread! How's it going? I don't think I had posted in this thread before the last page. I may be sort of ambivalent towards BD, but I LOVE the Kirby series! I've been playing since Amazing Mirror. Meta Knight 4 Life!

Not sure if this has been talked about, but is anyone else annoyed that the Checker Knights song is gone? I loved that song!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
But if he's leaked info before wouldn't he use the same tactic to leak it again..wotever will see what happens

Just feels empty.

This is a 90% fake on my Fake-O-Meter

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hmmm, you're right. I don't see anything talking about a character, but I don't know what else would be a 8-9 on the hype scale. (Unless a bunch of old stages are coming back, cough cough Fountain of Dreams).

But anyways. Hey Bandanna Dee Thread! How's it going? I don't think I had posted in this thread before the last page. I may be sort of ambivalent towards BD, but I LOVE the Kirby series! I've been playing since Amazing Mirror. Meta Knight 4 Life!

Not sure if this has been talked about, but is anyone else annoyed that the Checker Knights song is gone? I loved that song!
Nice to meet you! BTW, you would not BELIEVE how irritated I was about Checker Knights not coming back! Maybe if Bandana Dee is Dee-L-C, it'll come alongside him!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@BKupa666 has written up a comprehensive summary of what we know about this current rumour over in the K. Rool thread. I'm quoting it below for convenience;

Considering everything has been thrown into a tizzy of misinformation by the usual potpourri of crazies and skeptics, I figured I'd throw together a simple fact sheet to help clear up confusion in this thread.

What Happened:

--Roger tweeted first, late on Oct. 5, that he received "exciting Nintendo news." He later elaborated that the news was "an 8-9 on a hype scale," "would be coming in the next two weeks," and "we'd know when we see it." He does not mention Smash, but never says it is not Smash-related.

--Stealth tweets later the next morning, saying he knows the next Smash character, that it's coming "soon," clarified as "next two weeks" as well. He says this is a Nintendo newcomer that he doesn't think "won the ballot," but is "the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." He elaborates that this character is "a big deal," is not "a clone or a disappointment" or "shocking." He refuses to comment on the character's gender.

--Stealth made tweets saying "If the character were Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf, I'd have hung myself by now," as well as that "the character would have eventually made it into Smash." He later deleted both comments.

--The same afternoon, TheRealZef comments that "Smash is about to make social media go insane" and to "get hype because everyone's about to be happy." He comments that "he hopes it doesn't leak so people can go insane," and that "Stealth isn't the only one who knows about this." He says that "he doesn't think this character won the ballot," but rather than because of the character's identity, he says it's because "otherwise they wouldn't be ready just two weeks after it closed."

--Before clamming up, Zef clarifies that "he doesn't think it can leak unless the person with the info decides to spill" and that all he can say on the matter is "connections with connections." Of note, another guy, Aversy_Tweets, says "he knows and knows Roger knows," but is confident the latter will keep quiet.

--Later still, Roger gets exasperated with fanatics harassing him on Twitter just because of him saying "Cool Nintendo news in two or so weeks," saying "It's cool news, mind you, but the hype drought has made people crazy."

--He makes a facetious post saying "OMG ROGER KNOWS ALL BALLOT WINNERS AND ISN'T TELLING," saying that if he did, that would be a 10/10 for hype. In the process, he favorites a bunch of stuff from Stealth and Zef, who are also laughing at the fan overreaction online.

--All the while, head Smashboards mod Warchamp is making posts to Roger and Stealth, making fun of the fanatics. His jokes are mostly Inkling-related..."HE SAID DROUGHT, DROUGHT = NO WATER, WATER = INKLINGS!"

The Participants:

--Roger worked at Nintendo years ago and runs the Japan Time podcast. He has had his roots in the gaming industry for a long time now, and has undoubtedly made a handful of connections along the way. I've only seen a few of his videos, but Roger is a big fan of Lanky Kong (passively supports "DK Rep" getting in the game), and people have been saying he's a big Inklings fan too (which I haven't heard a source for, but can buy).

--Stealth is a "Video Game Enthusiast" who has made legitimate statements before, about occurrences at a private Splatoon event he got to attend with other big game media names. I don't have the source in front of me, but apparently he spilled that there would be a surprise Nintendo Direct early last April, which there was despite no expectation of one. He has trolled GameFAQs before under the name of RPGrinder, and has posted on Twitter that he voted for "K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Malo and Andy."

--I have no idea who this Zef guy is. He has tweeted that "he has never trolled about Smash before if it makes people feel better," but has no credibility to his name that I know of. No idea who he supports

--No idea about this Averys_Tweets guy.

--Warchamp was one of the first people to have access to the ESRB leaked videos before they went viral.

The Bull****:

--LOL ROGER SED IT WUZNT BOUT SMASH: False. He said nothing one way or the other, other than that "the news wasn't Skull Kid getting revealed for HW." Gullible people fell into the trap of Poe's Law in reading his tweet about the Smash fanatics who expect him to be omnipotent where the Smash ballot is concerned.

--LOL STEALTH PIGGIE BAKKED ROGER AND IZ JUST A RANDO TROLL: It is true that Stealth's tweets came after Roger's initial ones about having 8-9 hype-scale news. However, not only were Roger's tweets not some big thing to piggyback off of at the time (this only really blew up after I posted about it in here), but Roger and Stealth seem to be on friendly terms, openly talking about Japan Time and TV Shows on the social network, as well as favoriting each other's stuff. Whether you question his credibility, Stealth is not just some random guy.

--LOL STEALTH HATES K. ROOL SO NO CHANCE IS THIS HIM: False. Stealth said he voted for K. Rool, has defended his costume on GameFAQs and has said that "K. Rool and Isaac are needed to save Smash DLC."

Other Stuff:

--I don't know whether he's trolling here or has changed his opinion since then, but in a thread asking if a list of 5 characters including K. Rool were Top 5 Most Wanted, he said no to all except Isaac. If he's serious, then K. Rool isn't ruled out in his mind by the "this character probably didn't win." None of the tweets I've found from him thus far clarify whether he feels K. Rool is a character who would "eventually get into Smash."

--Warchamp's joking about the Inklings makes me think...if he and all these guys have legitimate info and he's just casually throwing that name around, it's not them. If he were doing this and Inklings was the character, the Nintendo Ninjas would be on him like white on rice.

Will add onto this later if more stuff comes up. I think it's pretty comprehensive as it stands, and I hope it gives people the clarity they need to not run around making s*** up.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh...another so-called "leak." Tell me this one isn't as ridiculous as the past few have been. It didn't come from 4chan, did it?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oh...another so-called "leak." Tell me this one isn't as ridiculous as the past few have been. It didn't come from 4chan, did it?
It's quite an interesting one, if nothing else, and at the very least is a bit more fun than dealing with the current news-drought. :laugh:

Do give the summary a read - it's worth the time.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The interesting ones are always the fake ones.
And judging from the summary, this is no different.
FalKoopa FalKoopa I have a hard time taking anything on Twitter seriously.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
He could get sued.

As for believing it or not, I'll just wait and see. I've not put stock in any rumours outside the ESRB and Gematsu ones. All I said is that the description could fit anybody.

No, the only way he could be sued is if Nintendo filed a non-disclosure agreement and he signed it (which is highly unlikely seeing as this is a leak and he could more or less be sued just for bringing up some sort of secret screening which is ALSO highly unlikely because he seems to be the only one with this information) or uploaded videos/images/copyrighted material owned by Nintendo. The Rogers probably does not want to spill the beans because, if I heard correctly, he still has a relationship with Nintendo. Stealth on the other hand, I am not so sure about him.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys look what I found!

I may be wrong on this one but I think this art was done by ask-bandanawaddledee from tumblr.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nice art! :)

Why does it makes you cry? it is just BDee lamenting over his chubby cheeks *sees the image that was before* Ohhh...NOPE, just NOPE.
.___. Yeah....THAT IMAGE before made me cry...lucky you that you didn't had to see that one at first...=u= hehe.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I don't have much faith in this twitter rumor but I am 99% sure it isn't referring to Dee. Apparently this character is 8-9 on the hype scale and would make everyone happy, which Dee would not. Maybe if the tweet said a 4-6 on the hype scale that would make most people say "meh, could be worse."

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The leaked character is obviously Paul Blart The Ice Climbers.

It makes sense to me.

Top Bottom