• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
A Kirby series without Meta Knight o.o
That'd make for a really good setup, actually. It would appear that he isn't present, early on, but you only need Dedede to make one misstep in his running of the kingdom for Meta Knight to show up with his massive overkill battleship to try and take charge! :laugh:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Or Sonic and no Tails....Since Knuckles wasn't in Unleashed...or Colors...
.u. Is it just me or are you comparing MK to Tails...? No no, I stick with Meta Knight & Knuckles.
SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS I see where your going with tails but that would be bandana dee
knuckles used to help with egg man and then became a rival/friend with sonic after sonic 3
Meta knight is supposed to be that rival/friend IMO

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Since we are grasping at straws for news how about...

If Bandana Dee had to get a redesign/remake what would you make it?

P.S. Something that would effect his character like giving him more personality

Not like a star on his Bandana I want juicy, gooey, flaky, sweet ideas.

Now I'm in the mood for peach pie

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Since we are grasping at straws for news how about...

If Bandana Dee had to get a redesign/remake what would you make it?

Maybe getting his own game like DEDEDEtour and give some back story of how he got the spear and his job
- he s a part of a waddle dee tribe?
- trailed to use his spear on a private island?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ooh, this'll be a fun one! Here's an effort from me;

Since a bandana denotes a hard worker in some cultures (including Japan's), he could be further differentiated from Sailor Waddle Dee, on whose personality his appearance in KSSU is somewhat based, by making him seem a bit overworked at times. This is due to his own zealous dedication to defending the one who he addresses as "Great King", however, not due to any orders. :laugh: This would accentuate his loyalty even more - not that there's any question of it as is, though.

As Bandana Dee3 Bandana Dee3 says, some backstory on how he landed his post would also be good. Just how did a Waddle Dee land the appointed task of being the bodyguard of King Dedede, who is without a doubt the toughest guy in Dream Land, and probably on all of Popstar? Could he have saved his life somehow? Did he work really, really hard in order to work his way up the ranks of the royal staff? Did he pester Dedede until he eventually gave in? (Well, ok, probably not that last one - Dedede is quite stubborn.) :laugh:

Now I'm in the mood for peach pie
That makes me want baklava, honestly. :laugh:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
She WOULD be unique.
Dixie Kong may be aesthetically similar to Diddy Kong, but Dixie Kong would have attacks involving her hair mostly; it's a major part of her character.
She could share some of her moves with Diddy Kong, but the concept of her fighting style would be drastically different and would make her a unique character (think of Luigi; he shares some moves with Mario, but he is a drastically different fighter).

I think that he would be given a Parasol like the other Waddle Dees.
I guess so, She could actually be unique.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Maybe getting his own game like DEDEDEtour and give some back story od how he got the spear and his job

Since a bandana denotes a hard worker in some cultures (including Japan's), he could be further differentiated from Sailor Waddle Dee, on whose personality his appearance in KSSU is somewhat based, by making him seem a bit overworked at times. This is due to his own zealous dedication to defending the one who he addresses as "Great King", however, not due to any orders. :laugh: This would accentuate his loyalty even more - not that there's any question of it as is, though.

As Bandana Dee3 Bandana Dee3 says, some backstory on how he landed his post would also be good. Just how did a Waddle Dee land the appointed task of being the bodyguard of King Dedede, who is without a doubt the toughest guy in Dream Land, and probably on all of Popstar? Could he have saved his life somehow? Did he work really, really hard in order to work his way up the ranks of the royal staff? Did he pester Dedede until he eventually gave in? (Well, ok, probably not that last one - Dedede is quite stubborn.) :laugh:

That makes me want baklava, honestly. :laugh:
That would no doubt give Bandana Dee the character so many people say he doesn't have (Even though most of those people haven't placed KSSU)

If I recall correctly a lot of Dedede's army has spears however only Bandana Dee and the ones from the opening cutscene in Kirby Triple Deluxe have the red ribbon. Now I'm really interested!

Also...I wonder why Bandana Dee is red.

EDIT: Oooh and Thank You for the peach pie :D

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

That makes me want baklava,honestly. :laugh:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That would no doubt give Bandana Dee the character so many people say he doesn't have (Even though most of those people haven't placed KSSU)
It just builds on what he already has, I think. :)

If I recall correctly a lot of Dedede's army has spears however only Bandana Dee and the ones from the opening cutscene in Kirby Triple Deluxe have the red ribbon. Now I'm really interested!
The red flash is a real-world thing, and it denotes a high rank. It makes sense that only Bandana Waddle Dee and the ones who guard the throne-room have that!

It's just a colour that Waddle Dees can be. Plenty of other red ones exist, even though the most common colour is orange. ;)

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

maybe he's from a red race tribe of waddle dees

GhostlyLure GhostlyLure What about Megaton Punch?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
It just builds on what he already has, I think. :)

The red flash is a real-world thing, and it denotes a high rank. It makes sense that only Bandana Waddle Dee and the ones who guard the throne-room have that!

It's just a colour that Waddle Dees can be. Plenty of other red ones exist, even though the most common colour is orange. ;)
readImage.jpg

I can't recall red Waddle Dees? Haha I'll pay attention more.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I have a question for you guys.
You know personalized victory scenes, right? If not, let's say a certain character wins against another certain character, the winner might say something more personal in their victory scene. For instance:
Fox beating Falco:"Better luck next time, Falco!"
Female Robin beating Lucina:"How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself?"
Now. I don't think BDee could have one, 'cause he most likely can't talk. But what if Meta Knight had one added for Bandana Dee, maybe even Dedede (Probably not the latter)? I think Meta Knight's would probably be something like "Find your way, young warrior." Or maybe "You're strong for such a little Waddle Dee." What do you think?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
.u. Is it just me or are you comparing MK to Tails...? No no, I stick with Meta Knight & Knuckles.
Unlike Kirby, Meta Knight doesn't chuckle. He's hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell.

Ahem, anyway, I love the idea of Bandanna Dee getting a backstory of how he got his position. If we do get a redesign of Dee, I'd love some kind of joke involving him getting more stars on his bandanna as he became a better general, eventually stopping at four.
I think Meta Knight's would probably be something like "Find your way, young warrior." Or maybe "You're strong for such a little Waddle Dee." What do you think?
Dedede: I FINALLY CLOBBAHED DAT DERE KIRBEH! I miss being able to slash through...
Meta Knight to Kirby: You are still inexperienced, young one. (Honestly, "You have much yet to learn" fits perfectly.)
To Dedede: "What more could I expect from such a lazy ruler?"
To Bandanna Dee: "I see much potential in you..."
To himself: "Wow, was I really that broken...?"

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Unlike Kirby, Meta Knight doesn't chuckle. He's hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell.

Ahem, anyway, I love the idea of Bandanna Dee getting a backstory of how he got his position. If we do get a redesign of Dee, I'd love some kind of joke involving him getting more stars on his bandanna as he became a better general, eventually stopping at four.

Dedede: I FINALLY CLOBBAHED DAT DERE KIRBEH! I miss being able to slash through...
Meta Knight to Kirby: You are still inexperienced, young one. (Honestly, "You have much yet to learn" fits perfectly.)
The last one was AMAZING. XD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

(Source.)

:laugh:

Ahem, anyway...

Try this;

Code:
[s]Don't tell Meta Knight he's broken! He'll go after you with a massive overkill battleship![/s]
Don't tell Meta Knight he's broken! He'll go after you with a massive overkill battleship!

I so so so want to see/hear this added! :laugh:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I love the idea of Dedede just being this calm, normal guy who's sick of all the stereotypes and ****.
Code:
[s]Don't tell Meta Knight he's broken! He'll go after you with a massive overkill battleship![/s]
Don't tell Meta Knight he's broken! He'll go after you with a massive overkill battleship!

Thank you. I can feel the comedic value coming back already.
I so so so want to see/hear this added! :laugh:
I honestly don't think they took advantage of Meta Knight's amazing voice, not Eric Newsome nor his Japanese seiyuu with the name that takes a full minute to write.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
maybe he's from a red race tribe of waddle dees

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:You all have NO idea how long I have wanted to see THIS.

Eh...I think that's pretty good. Matter of fact...http://thatwaddledeewiththebandanna.tumblr.com/ Go there for more info.

That last one tho...:joyful:

(Source.)

:laugh:

Ahem, anyway...

I would give ANYTHING to have THIS be Dedede's personality in the games from here on out!:joyful: At least, whenever someone references his...*ahem* "portrayal" in the anime...

I love the idea of Dedede just being this calm, normal guy who's sick of all the stereotypes and ****.

Thank you. I can feel the comedic value coming back already.

I honestly don't think they took advantage of Meta Knight's amazing voice, not Eric Newsome nor his Japanese seiyuu with the name that takes a full minute to write.
Again, that just HAS to be his personality in the game canon!

MK's seiyuu...Atsushi Kisaichi?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think you ****ed up a quote or two. And yes, Atsushi Kasaichi is the one. He's one of the rare cases where I like a Japanese voice almost as much as an English voice.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I've had Baklava a lot as I have a Greek grandfather...and I really don't like it that much. I really can only eat the center part with the nuts >_<
I kinda abhor looking at it now lol

OH BTW

mrw ppl even mentioning an possible kirby animu without my waifu metnit

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What the hell...?
There is a grain of truth to it - Isaac is not quite as popular in Japan as in the West. Because RPGs are far more commonplace there, his appeal is comparatively less. He's still in the top 15, though.

Get back to BD though.

:231:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
There is a grain of truth to it - Isaac is not quite as popular in Japan as in the West. Because RPGs are far more commonplace there, his appeal is comparatively less. He's still in the top 15, though.

Get back to BD though.

:231:

I was more or less pointing out that Shovel Knight hasn't been released in Japan, yet D-man wants to point out a flaw of Isaac's sub-par popularity in Japan. If both characters are popular in the west, then they're both popular in the west. You can't hold one character's popularity (Or lack of) in Japan against them, then not apply that same logic to the other.

Also, I highly doubt that BD is the one being referenced in that supposed "leak". Too many possibilities to even narrow it down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom