• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Funny you spelled KirbyXRibbon wrong ;)

And you put the image in wrong.
I prefer KirbyxJigglypuff, but eh.

Give him his own game. Give Dedede and Meta Knight their own games, too.
Meta Knight got Meta Knight's Revenge (Or whatever that Meta Knight sub game in Kirby Super Star Ultra) and Dedede got Drum Dash.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Warning: Crazy guessing ahead, but I'm just gonna cut loose and have fun with it. :laugh:

I am starting to suspect that Dedede is up for getting a proper game of his own soon. My reason for this is that a suspiciously huge number of HAL's official Behind-the-Scenes Miiverse postings for Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe have quite a big focus on the penguin. One recent one even said how they'd made it sound like a game (they were ostensibly discussing Kirby Super Star Ultra) was all about Dedede, along with noting that, in spite of being friends with Kirby, he's still his rival and he's not going to give in until he bests him.

The hints are enough, but then I ended up combining this with the other hints they've been dropping for a while - the ones about Dark Matter. This prompted a realisation: There is only one circumstance under which Dedede could possibly best Kirby, and that is if, unlike the previous Dark Matter invasions, Kirby was the one who ended up possessed!

Can you imagine both how dangerous that would be, and how good of a setup that'd be for Dedede taking the helm, and for Bandana Waddle Dee getting his Meta Knightmare/Meta Knightmare Ultra/Dededetour! equivalent?

Yes, I know it's crazy reaching. Let me dream. At the very least I did base it on real hints that have been being dropped. :laugh:
That would be smart on Dark Matter's part. Kirby is the one entity that single handedly bested it, and did so numerous other times with the help of friends. Kirby is clearly the most powerful creature in the universe, so instead of possessing other inhabitants of Dreamland, settle for nothing less than the best. If Kirby got possessed by Dark Matter, Shadow Kirby could basically be used in a dozen boss fights of his own using twisted reflections of his popular copy abilities.

That's actually incredibly compelling for a Kirby game and I'm sad I didn't think of this before. This would be the perfect time to let King Dedede shine, and possibly Bandana Dee and Meta Knight. With hammer, sword, and spear the trio shall free Kirby of Dark Matter's clutches.

How about a paintbrush too, while we're at it? :D

I think I could die happy if I could get a game where Kirby needs saved and you get to play as any of or any combination of Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, and Adeliene, using their own abilities to their full extent since you lose out on Kirby's diverse array of copy abilities.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That would be smart on Dark Matter's part. Kirby is the one entity that single handedly bested it, and did so numerous other times with the help of friends. Kirby is clearly the most powerful creature in the universe, so instead of possessing other inhabitants of Dreamland, settle for nothing less than the best. If Kirby got possessed by Dark Matter, Shadow Kirby could basically be used in a dozen boss fights of his own using twisted reflections of his popular copy abilities.

That's actually incredibly compelling for a Kirby game and I'm sad I didn't think of this before. This would be the perfect time to let King Dedede shine, and possibly Bandana Dee and Meta Knight. With hammer, sword, and spear the trio shall free Kirby of Dark Matter's clutches.

I think I could die happy if I could get a game where Kirby needs saved and you get to play as any of or any combination of Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, and Adeliene, using their own abilities to their full extent since you lose out on Kirby's diverse array of copy abilities.
This is precisely what's driving this idea in my mind. And they did very specifically say that Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is Dedede's first game of his own, along with mentioning that part of the idea behind Triple Deluxe was to bring back some of the guy's prominence - just two of many very penguin-biased points they've been making in recent times.

I'm only sorry that I didn't think of it as an opportunity to bring Adeleine back, as well - good one!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, Dedede technically has one (see Drum Dash Deluxe), but as for a platformer, none yet minus the sub games. But I do think Dee should get one in the next platformer.
How about a BDee focused subgame called "Waddle/Bandana Dee's Cooking Mania" and the purpose of it is to cook the correct meal for Dedede while playing as BDee (grabbing correct ingredients, the cooking part, all that stuff)and there were different difficulty levels and as the difficulty rises, so does the complexity of Dedede's order.
Considering the first Kirby game and all, this would be perfect for the both of them! I'd like to see this happen!

That would be awesome. Bandana Dee is basically gameverse's Escargoon except Bandana Dee is 100 times more useful and King Dedede actually seems to respect him.
I'm so happy that THIS is the case. Honestly, in NO WAY can I picture King Dedede treating Bandana Dee the way he treats Escargoon. Honestly, as cute, sweet, and adorable as B.D. is, DDD abusing B.D. in that kind of manner would REALLY seem heartless to me in that light.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360

They could also bring back the animal friends since Kirby's abilities aren't around to steal the show.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
They could also bring back the animal friends since Kirby's abilities aren't around to steal the show.
They've had hints of their own dropped in recent times, too - I'd say that it'd be pretty essential to at least bring back Rick, Coo, and Kine for any new Dark Matter-focussed title!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Another bit of food for thought: They finally revisited the concept of the fairies, in Kirby Triple Deluxe. Yet another point where they're now returning the series to its original direction, before the anime caused so many issues for the games' direction.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, if Bandana Dee gets into Smash, will there be a Kirby character you will support after this? Or will you be content with Dee getting in and not really caring about any of the other potential Kirby reps?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys, if Bandana Dee gets into Smash, will there be a Kirby character you will support after this? Or will you be content with Dee getting in and not really caring about any of the other potential Kirby reps?
Adeleine. I don't like how her role was cut short due to a perceived need to promote the anime through the games, and I would very much like to see her return.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd still support Dark Matter and Magolor, and I would still be open to supporting Adeleine or Taranza, but I'd be satisfied for Smash 4, while I'd want another, I won't need another Kirby rep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man there are so many Kirby characters I want in smash bros Drawcia,Daroach,Queen Sectonia,Dark Matter,Magolor and Dark Mind I don`t know which too choose but if Bandana Waddle Dee get into smash bros I will still be satisfied of the kirby roster in smash bros. I will how ever try too support getting Dillon into smash bros 5 in the future.

Magolor. I already support him, but I'm not very active supporter, as Dee is my preferred choice for a Kirby rep.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No one, I'll be satisfied with the roster as is.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Warning: Crazy guessing ahead, but I'm just gonna cut loose and have fun with it. :laugh:

I am starting to suspect that Dedede is up for getting a proper game of his own soon. My reason for this is that a suspiciously huge number of HAL's official Behind-the-Scenes Miiverse postings for Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe have quite a big focus on the penguin. One recent one even said how they'd made it sound like a game (they were ostensibly discussing Kirby Super Star Ultra) was all about Dedede, along with noting that, in spite of being friends with Kirby, he's still his rival and he's not going to give in until he bests him.

The hints are enough, but then I ended up combining this with the other hints they've been dropping for a while - the ones about Dark Matter. This prompted a realisation: There is only one circumstance under which Dedede could possibly best Kirby, and that is if, unlike the previous Dark Matter invasions, Kirby was the one who ended up possessed!

Can you imagine both how dangerous that would be, and how good of a setup that'd be for Dedede taking the helm, and for Bandana Waddle Dee getting his Meta Knightmare/Meta Knightmare Ultra/Dededetour! equivalent?

Yes, I know it's crazy reaching. Let me dream. At the very least I did base it on real hints that have been being dropped. :laugh:
If Kirby got possessed, Dedede would have to beat him because of plot immunity. That's the reason why Kirby is so ridiculously overpowered. That, and the anime.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I want Nago back...
AKA FLUFFY KITTY!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Pitch please !!!!

Ii'll support all kirby characters!!!!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If Kirby got possessed, Dedede would have to beat him because of plot immunity. That's the reason why Kirby is so ridiculously overpowered. That, and the anime.
Well, yeah, that's precisely it. :laugh: That's part of why it's the only circumstance under which Dedede could ever beat Kirby. The other is that, whilst Dark Matter can possess someone and steal their identity and use their raw strength, it doesn't seem that the victim's natural talents and skills can be used to very good effect.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'll personally feel that the Kirby group is complete, but I wouldn't mind Adeleine, Magolor, and Prince Fluff getting in.
AKA FLUFFY KITTY!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Pitch please !!!!

Ii'll support all kirby characters!!!!
OMG, That Kirby, Nago, and Pitch tho!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Considering the first Kirby game and all, this would be perfect for the both of them! I'd like to see this happen!

I'm so happy that THIS is the case. Honestly, in NO WAY can I picture King Dedede treating Bandana Dee the way he treats Escargoon. Honestly, as cute, sweet, and adorable as B.D. is, DDD abusing B.D. in that kind of manner would REALLY seem heartless to me in that light.
I imagined Dedede treating BDee poorly.
Dee then cried.
I CAN'T GET CRYING BANDANA DEE OUT OF MY HEAD.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I guess I'd kinda like Magolor, but that's it. I don't know who I'd support.
Edit:...You know what I did again. *facepalm*

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, the main reason I do support Bandana Dee is BECAUSE I feel as though he is the last necessary Kirby representative. There are some cool Kirby characters, but realistically, Bandana Dee is the only one that has a chance. Especially if he is added. Justifying a fifth Kirby character would be quite difficult without sounding completely and utterly biased.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Why don't people want goomba or Mr. Saturn for smash :(
I'm just going to ask either you please put that in a spoiler, cuz it's a really big image, and two, Bandana Dee has more in depth importance and standalone character and personality than a ordinary Goomba. And for Mr. Satarn...for now, since he's and item, it's hard to expect Sakarai to make him playable.

EDIT: Actually, someone get @FalKoopa to handle it I guess....

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
They've had hints of their own dropped in recent times, too - I'd say that it'd be pretty essential to at least bring back Rick, Coo, and Kine for any new Dark Matter-focussed title!
I noticed a Boxboy hint at one point, so I'm hoping for either a sequel to it, or a Qbby appearance in a Kirby game.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Honestly, the main reason I do support Bandana Dee is BECAUSE I feel as though he is the last necessary Kirby representative. There are some cool Kirby characters, but realistically, Bandana Dee is the only one that has a chance. Especially if he is added. Justifying a fifth Kirby character would be quite difficult without sounding completely and utterly biased.
Remember who developed this game. *glares at Dark Pit.*

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Why don't people want goomba or Mr. Saturn for smash :(
To be fair, a Goomba would be pretty damn funny to play as. Especially that Goomba in Superstar Baseball with psychokinesis. Just sayin.
Actually, the psychic Goomba from the Mario Baseball games sounds like a hilarious idea.
These are two ancient posts from like, half a thousand pages ago. Together, they amassed 17 likes, so you're not alone.

Edit: Goddammit, I double posted. Well, time to go into hiding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Say guys do you think HAL will ever do a Kirby super star sequel someday?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Say guys do you think HAL will ever do a Kirby super star sequel someday?
I have wondered about that often. I don't actually know what I would make of it if they ever did, though. Kirby Super Deluxe is one of my favourite games of all time, and the very first game that I ever eagerly awaited the release of, following its progress through the press for just shy of an entire year. I don't know if a follow-up in that vein would ever be quite the same, and I must admit to a fondness for the larger standalone titles.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So lately there's been a rumor from Neogaf about a Smash character coming in two weeks, and it may possibly be Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I doubt that "leak" is real, and I doubt Bandana Dee is the character of the "leak".
To be fair, I did clarify it as a rumor and I did say that Bandana Dee was one of the likely characters, as he does fit the criteria for the character described. Plus what seperates this from other rumors is that the source is somewhat reliable, and holds some credibility. And NeoGaf text rumors have been true before. Not to mention the new patch that is coming in a few weeks. We could get DeeLC before you know it! ;)

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
To be fair, I did clarify it as a rumor and I did say that Bandana Dee was one of the likely characters, as he does fit the criteria for the character described. Plus what seperates this from other rumors is that the source is somewhat reliable, and holds some credibility. And NeoGaf text rumors have been true before. Not to mention the new patch that is coming in a few weeks. We could get DeeLC before you know it! ;)
I like the sound of this!!!!!!!

Top Bottom