• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

gutihoneybadger

Smash Rookie
I think the Kirby series can remain at three. Sakurai is going to have an opportunity to add another personal creation by choosing another Kid Icarus representative as well as choosing another retro Nintendo character to reboot much as he did with Pit.
Well Kirby is a bigger series than Kid Icarus and now they have Pit, Palutena, and Dark Pit. Now they have 3 characters so which series do you think would be more likely to have a new representative? Kirby: a bigger franchise that everyone loves, or Kid Icarus: a smaller franchise with less people who want those games. I'm sorry if I sound mean btw

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I personally think its a great game with gorgeous visuals and a stellar soundtrack. The challenge came not from the gameplay but from collecting all of the music and furniture which can be a daunting task
I didn't even find the collection hard in that game personally. I was more into collecting keychains in Triple Deluxe and treasure chests in Amazing Mirror. I also scored gold in pretty much most levels on my first try...

I'm sure it's challenging for some folks though. RtDL is actually too hard for my little cousin but I bet if I put in Epic Yarn, she'd maybe like it more. Since she can't die she might feel less bad about losing.

She loves playing Kirby fighters on easy modes the best though.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Here is this song I found what do you all think?

SO CUTE. Grill seems like a much more popular character in Japan than here considering she's from a spin off puzzle game. Still she's so cute and I think why people love her so much is because she had a cute competitive and passionate personality. Of the female characters I'd wish would return in the franchise, I wish she sure would. She's so cute. She's an Onion, lol.

I like the dancing characters it's so cute.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I'm really worried about DLC characters not having custom moves. Also I didn't like Epic Yarn it was just too easy imo.
I'm kinda bummed about Mewtwo having no custom moves and don't want Ryu in Smash. On another note, what if a meme was made about Bandana Dee to boost his popularity, but not in a bad way like Shrek.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm kinda bummed about Mewtwo having no custom moves and don't want Ryu in Smash. On another note, what if a meme was made about Bandana Dee to boost his popularity, but not in a bad way like Shrek.
I don't think we really have to worry about Ryu. Think about it. If those soundclips were found now, we know he has nothing to do with the ballot.. If he is in, he was planned before this all started. Any characters we see BEFORE the end of the ballot, have to be pre-planned to be honest... (Unless they want to screw over voters, which would be unwise.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
God, I hope that R&R leak is fake.
Keep Ryu as far away from Smash Bros as possible. His games are like 80% PS, XBOX, AND PC.
And Roy. I mained him in Melee. I wanted him back. But when Lucina "replaced" him, I didn't want him anymore because, 5 FREAKING FIVE DOLLAR FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS IS WAY TOO MANY
You all realize that if the leaks are real their's a 99.9% chance we're getting Bandana Dee, right?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You all realize that if the leaks are real their's a 99.9% chance we're getting Bandana Dee, right?
Not sure what you mean by that, but..

If this is true, this does mean there is a possibility we could see more DLC Pre-ballot from here til October. So its very well possible we could see some characters get DLC before the end of the ballot.. which would be cool. I would certainly expect an announcement either at E3 in a few months, or in another surprise direct. We'll just have to wait and see

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

If this is true, this does mean there is a possibility we could see more DLC Pre-ballot from here til October. So its very well possible we could see some characters get DLC before the end of the ballot.. which would be cool. I would certainly expect an announcement either at E3 in a few months, or in another surprise direct. We'll just have to wait and see
all this pre-ballot talk is making me over speculate DLC as a whole... and I'm not one one observation.

Side note: when is E3 again? E3 is the one time of the year I take Heart Meds

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

What I mean is that in the files you can find music for a Kirby stage, since Ryu has a stage, it would seem almost certain that we're getting another character, being a Kirby character, and that Kirby character being Bandana Dee! He's not in the files however, which would suggest he's in very early development.
all this pre-ballot talk is making me over speculate DLC as a whole... and I'm not one one observation.

Side note: when is E3 again? E3 is the one time of the year I take Heart Meds
June later this year.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
What I mean is that in the files you can find music for a Kirby stage, since Ryu has a stage, it would seem almost certain that we're getting another character, being a Kirby character, and that Kirby character being Bandana Dee! He's not in the files however, which would suggest he's in very early development.

June later this year.
What kind of Kirby music exactly?

Something could give us a hint (As I really doubt we would just get music as Dlc would we?.. if we did it would be very cheap)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

June later this year.
I really hope everything you said about Bandana Dee is true...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What kind of Kirby music exactly?

Something could give us a hint (As I really doubt we would just get music as Dlc would we?.. if we did it would be very cheap)
The Music is Gourmet Race 64 from Super Smash Bros 64
and the Forest Stage from Kirby Air Ride
This suggests that the stage is in fact Dreamland 64 due to the music associated.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The Music is Gourmet Race 64 from Super Smash Bros 64
and the Forest Stage from Kirby Air Ride
This suggests that the stage is in fact Dreamland 64 due to the music associated.
Yeah it definitely feels like it could be Dreamland 64... Could it be possible that their making some Retro dlc stages?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah, but there is no game-breaking bug with Bandana Dee

Were did you find out about the possible Kirby stage?
Well its mostly speculation at this point. Its from some of those sound files found. Remember the Ryu Leak?

Basically the eyebrows are raised due to the presence of some new song files in the game... a gourmet race song (the n 64 version), and a Kirby air ride song... Now there is two possibilities.

A. We are getting songs as Dlc in the future

B. We could be getting a new stage as DLC?

Its heavy speculation tho

D

Deleted member

Or it could be that Sakurai decided to bring back the N64 Dreamland stage that also appeared in Melee, seeing as the original stage music and a remixed version of it are the sound files found. Stage doesn't mean character. Dreamland N64 is one of the more popular stages from the first 2 games, seeing as it is one of the (and the only in 64) competitively viable stage and is fun in its own right. And seeing as Lucas, a character clearly in the later developmental stages, only has a sound file for his victory theme doesn't lend much to Bandana Dee being guaranteed. And for all we know, Roy and Ryu are probably in their early stages of development but still have sound files, so why would Bandana Dee be excluded unless he isn't planned DLC? The only way that Bandana Dee is getting in this game as DLC (I would argue that he is a shoe-in for Smash 5, but thats aside the point) is if Sakurai listens to fan demand from the Smash Ballot. Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy are all planned DLC because they are popular veterans, and may have been scrapped due to time constraints judging by Sakurai's statements regarding Bowser Jr. nearly being cut and other characters not making it in time, and Ryu is likely apart of a deal with Capcom regarding Megaman getting in.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Or it could be that Sakurai decided to bring back the N64 Dreamland stage that also appeared in Melee, seeing as the original stage music and a remixed version of it are the sound files found. Stage doesn't mean character. Dreamland N64 is one of the more popular stages from the first 2 games, seeing as it is one of the (and the only in 64) competitively viable stage and is fun in its own right. And seeing as Lucas, a character clearly in the later developmental stages, only has a sound file for his victory theme doesn't lend much to Bandana Dee being guaranteed. And for all we know, Roy and Ryu are probably in their early stages of development but still have sound files, so why would Bandana Dee be excluded unless he isn't planned DLC? The only way that Bandana Dee is getting in this game as DLC (I would argue that he is a shoe-in for Smash 5, but thats aside the point) is if Sakurai listens to fan demand from the Smash Ballot. Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy are all planned DLC because they are popular veterans, and may have been scrapped due to time constraints judging by Sakurai's statements regarding Bowser Jr. nearly being cut and other characters not making it in time, and Ryu is likely apart of a deal with Capcom regarding Megaman getting in.
NOO I DONT WANT RYU ONLY NINJA GADEIN RYU

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah. To be honest it wouldn't make sense for Bandana dee to be a thing with a stage like that. You would think he would more be associated with the likes of say, Return to Dreamland

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I think that the idea is that Ryu will be bundled in with a stage based off of Street Fighter 2, and Bandana Dee will be bundled in with a stage based off of Dreamland 64, which was actually one of the first stages put into production for Smash Bros. This makes sense because Sakurai loves his characters, not only that but the stage is based off of Kirby Super Star, which was where Bandana Dee made his first appearance! These characters are to be taken with a grain of salt, but it's exciting none the less!

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
So I think that the idea is that Ryu will be bundled in with a stage based off of Street Fighter 2, and Bandana Dee will be bundled in with a stage based off of Dreamland 64, which was actually one of the first stages put into production for Smash Bros. This makes sense because Sakurai loves his characters, not only that but the stage is based off of Kirby Super Star, which was where Bandana Dee made his first appearance! These characters are to be taken with a grain of salt, but it's exciting none the less!
can't wait to see the E3 announcements

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I would like to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, but I won't be at my house for two days.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Counter-argument time! Bandana Dee was probably added later due to the fact that while Ryu and Roy appeared in fighting games, Bandana Dee hasn't. Plus music takes the least long to make, while stages take second longest, while characters take the longest. Plus Ryu does have a stage, and it would be weird just to release a Kirby stage without a character. Have I made myself clear!?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
um were there any other possible stages speculated from recovered info? There's also thje possibility of a general stage pack...

Than again if we go by Nintendo's current DLC history... they're well... pretty damn generous with DLC.

MK8 DLC tends to be themed by franchise and it does not simply included new tracks. It would include new characters, karts, and tracks.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
um were there any other possible stages speculated from recovered info? There's also thje possibility of a general stage pack...

Than again if we go by Nintendo's current DLC history... they're well... pretty damn generous with DLC.

MK8 DLC tends to be themed by franchise and it does not simply included new tracks. It would include new characters, karts, and tracks.
Well no, the only stages speculated from the 3DS version's files were Dreamland 64 and Japan from Street Fighter 2. But we might get some more stages on the Wii U version most likely. I guess we'll also get more custom special moves included with the rumored characters since Mewtwo is missing his.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what do you all think about nightmare as a playable character in a future smash game?

Top Bottom