• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Fellow Supporters I made this..In school today..its sideways I like it. Thanks for not DEEserting our cause!
Also anyone having ads open up in a seperate page o.o?

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem nor finished Awakening but I liked Lucina. She was of the few characters I really liked :X I want them to keep her, PLEASE.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
So are we going to see any characters before October for the ballot, or do we have to wail until then?

D

Deleted member

Well yeah, so would I. Girl Marth Lucina is a piece of crap, but it won't happen this game.
I wouldn't mind if either Roy or Lucina had a different moveset. But like you said we'll see in the next game(if there'll be one at this point)
Edit: also how's Dee doing in the rate their chance I don't go to that thread often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
We can have Roy and Lucina
2 clones of one character aren't THAT bad, just think that Lucina is an alternate costume :oneeye:
Also, Roy could be Luigified
In Brawl we had Falco AND Wolf (clones of Fox)
We're most likely getting Wolf so I don't see the problem :p
Also, the people from the Roy thread will be happy if he comes back so at least someone is happy :drshrug:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I made an original character.
His name Anadnab Elddaw Eed.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, got something to show off... I also want an opinion on it.

It's Zero Two right? Well.... If you inspected, you would notice this is a unique render.

This is actually my FIRST completely CUSTOM MADE image in Gimp... what do you all think of it? :o

edsett

Smash Apprentice

It's Zero Two right? Well.... If you inspected, you would notice this is a unique render.

This is actually my FIRST completely CUSTOM MADE image in Gimp... what do you all think of it? :o
Wow, you're talented. Especially working in Gimp.

You guys probably already seen this but looks who is in the 2015 Kirby calender!

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

I don't want to sound rude, mostly because I have NO idea how to make one of these, but he looks kinda small

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I don't want to sound rude, mostly because I have NO idea how to make one of these, but he looks kinda small
Umm... Well its resized actually. The original render is well... HUGE

I'm not even sure if it would fit in the thread XD

Edit: Oh what the heck. I'll give it a shot.. I'm kinda curious now

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm talking about Zero Two, he looks really small in comparison with its wings
They are rather large aren't they? Maybe he had a bit too much dark matter for breakfast this morning.

Anyways.. Let me see how the render looks in full. I think it might actually fit

Edit: Gonna remove it so it doesn't take up that much of the thread lol

I should also note that I've only been using the program for so long... and 90% of the work I've been doing with it was in the form of smash icons of various characters.

That image up there is my first time making something from scratch in Gimp. The entire thing is custom made. Halo and all

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So I just got like 10 notifications. Guess what half of them were?
We can have Roy and Lucina
2 clones of one character aren't THAT bad, just think that Lucina is an alternate costume :oneeye:
Also, Roy could be Luigified
In Brawl we had Falco AND Wolf (clones of Fox)
We're most likely getting Wolf so I don't see the problem :p
Also, the people from the Roy thread will be happy if he comes back so at least someone is happy :drshrug:
Excuse me, have you used Wolf's ummmm... A moves?

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Bu ... but ... I like Lucina.

July is the best month now.
you know it's funny I keep having reoccurring signs of 7,21
and it's always a constant for me I don't know if this is a bad or good omen but just something about that date and number always haunt me ._. bandana Dee announcement?????? lol idk

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind if either Roy or Lucina had a different moveset. But like you said we'll see in the next game(if there'll be one at this point)
Edit: also how's Dee doing in the rate their chance I don't go to that thread often.
Your profile picture is awesome because it has Amaterasu on it!

Now that I have gotten that out of my system... What do you guys think about Bandana Dee's team attack (You know, that guarding thing.) as his Neutral Special?

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Your profile picture is awesome because it has Amaterasu on it!

Now that I have gotten that out of my system... What do you guys think about Bandana Dee's team attack (You know, that guarding thing.) as his Neutral Special?
I think that would be cool I kind of think it would be that or his 100 star super stab in Rainbow curse

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Do you guys think Sakurai has a disdain for post-superstar Kirby?
Well it's hard to compete with the brilliance that is his own game Kirby Super Star. Few games (Kirby or not) compare imo ;) I almost can't blame him but I don't know. You can't really know FOR EXACT without asking the man himself. I don't think that's something I can confirm 100% but he does not make reference to any Kirby games outside his own in regards to stages, items, assist trophies, or characters. Minus the new final smash and collectible trophies/a few songs. It's speculated because of his sudden departure with HAL over variety of reasons and the lack of modern representation that he may be biased towards his own games. Yet others speculate that is merely easier for him to use his own properties, without wasting time and energy going over to HAL. Especially since he no longer even works with them on Smash games since Brawl.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Epic Yarn actually sold better than RtDL ... in the west but in Japan it was outsold by RtDL. However I don't think a character we won't see for awhile and belonging more to Feel Good Inc will be likely at all. Now the Yarn thing went to Yoshi (personally, I'm glad) and no Prince Fluff in sight. Guess that's it.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hmm..Thought it didnt sell well interesting.
I think there was some hype and buzz about the game that elevated it more at that time than it would have today. It sort of appeared during a time that people were complaining about NO GAMES on the Wii and Nintendo making nothing but REHASHES and other such buzzwords. People saw the game during this time and felt it was the freshest idea. Western critics are notorious for hating on Kirby's traditional entries. Claiming they are all easy and scoring them low even though Kirby's whole creation and purpose is to be an entry level series. Epic Yarn was critically well received even though IT IS the easiest Kirby game in the whole franchise. So easy you can not die. RtDL was scored lower even though it had a more challenging True Arena mode and challenging Power Challenge rooms.

Many Kirby fans tend to feel mixed about Epic Yarn though. some Kirby fans hate when Kirby loses his ability to swallow enemies and often dislike entries that remove this mechanic. I myself don't mind a gameplay switch up now and then but I was just not really impressed with Epic Yarn as others had been. I also do prefer powers but I can appreciate Canvas Cruse and Mass Attack.

Hyrule Timelord

Smash Rookie
NNID
PaultheTimelord
I think there was some hype and buzz about the game that elevated it more at that time than it would have today. It sort of appeared during a time that people were complaining about NO GAMES on the Wii and Nintendo making nothing but REHASHES and other such buzzwords. People saw the game during this time and felt it was the freshest idea. Western critics are notorious for hating on Kirby's traditional entries. Claiming they are all easy and scoring them low even though Kirby's whole creation and purpose is to be an entry level series. Epic Yarn was critically well received even though IT IS the easiest Kirby game in the whole franchise. So easy you can not die. RtDL was scored lower even though it had a more challenging True Arena mode and challenging Power Challenge rooms.

Many Kirby fans tend to feel mixed about Epic Yarn though. some Kirby fans hate when Kirby loses his ability to swallow enemies and often dislike entries that remove this mechanic. I myself don't mind a gameplay switch up now and then but I was just not really impressed with Epic Yarn as others had been. I also do prefer powers but I can appreciate Canvas Cruse and Mass Attack.
I personally think its a great game with gorgeous visuals and a stellar soundtrack. The challenge came not from the gameplay but from collecting all of the music and furniture which can be a daunting task

Top Bottom