• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
GUESS.

WHO.

JUST.

FOUND.

HIS.

WIIMOTE.

OH MY GOD GUYS I FOUND IT! I THOUGHT IT WAS LOST FOREVER!

OIHFSDJSAE HFDRGBLKDRXBJFDR

LHO MY GOD

YES

E
ES

HYES

RTDL MODS INCOMING

---

Okay, getting rid of... er... THAT. NO LOL JK CAN'T GET RID OF THE HYPE.

HUYEP

HOIPE

HYPE

HYPPE

HYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

ERRYWUN GET HYPE

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HUPE HUHEP

HHUP HUP HUP HYPE HUP HUP HHUP HYPE HYUPE HUP

HYPE

AND I FOUND A CRAP TON OF OTHER STUFF WHICH I'LL TALK ABOUT SOON OMG WHAT IT THIS

I FOUN D LEGENDARY STARFY

WTGDFF

WTF

GOOD YOU FOUND THE WII REMOTE...

Starfy such a easy game but amazing frreaking game play until you beat the true last boss.

I mean the Secret True Last Boss is one of the hardest bosses ever is you don't know how to kill it... or Avoid...

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Well...

I found out how to swap the "movesets" of the characters in Return to Dream Land. Such as, I could have Bandana Dee float around and inhale, or have King DeDeDe swing around a spear. I'll need to test it more (doing so right now!) but I just found this out and tried to switch Kirby's moveset onto Bandana Dee, which crashed the game, whereas the other way around didn't.

EDIT: LOL THIS IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD. JUST FOUND OUT IT ALSO CHANGES SOME OTHER SUPER SECRET STUFF. GONNA RECORD THIS RIGHT NOW.

EDIT2: ...

And now I can't re-create the glitch. Basically, I was able to move swap any Copy Ability onto Bandana Dee. He would get the Copy Ability hat, and due to Kirby and Bandana Dee's model similarities, it would let him use the moveset. I was Parasol Dee for a second, and now I can't be him again...

CRI CRI CRI
RtDL had a swap moveset glitch? Just like Brawl?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So I was playing Smash Run and I started thinking, does Waddle Dee appearing as a generic enemy affect Bandana Dee's chances at all?

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but it struck me as curious nevertheless.

For the record, I'm absolutely sure that it doesn't. That'd be like saying Donkey Kong and Duck Hunt can't be playable because they appear as stage hazards.

Even though I haven't posted here before, I've lurked occasionally for a while, and I just want you guys to know that I support your campaign one hundred percent. Bandana Dee-LC for Smash 4 please~

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I was playing Smash Run and I started thinking, does Waddle Dee appearing as a generic enemy affect Bandana Dee's chances at all?

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but it struck me as curious nevertheless.

For the record, I'm absolutely sure that it doesn't. That'd be like saying Donkey Kong and Duck Hunt can't be playable because they appear as stage hazards.

Even though I haven't posted here before, I've lurked occasionally for a while, and I just want you guys to know that I support your campaign one hundred percent. Bandana Dee-LC for Smash 4 please~
It does absolutely nothing, Bandana Dee looks different and also has a darker colour

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think so. Bandana Dee is pretty distinctive as a character with a different weapon, the fact that he is colored differently, and he wears a bandana. Having Waddle Dees be enemies in Smash Run could be a benefit for Bandana Dee since they can update an existing model for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I've been trying to post this all day but my browser has said otherwise.

Here's a quick video test I did now that I finally got my Wii Remote:

I think that may be the first 60FPS Kirby's Return to Dream Land video uploaded to YouTube, lol.

ALSO ANYBODY I'VE BEEN CHATTING WITH, DON'T SPOIL THE SURPRISE FOR LATER.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I've been trying to post this all day but my browser has said otherwise.

Here's a quick video test I did now that I finally got my Wii Remote:

I think that may be the first 60FPS Kirby's Return to Dream Land video uploaded to YouTube, lol.

ALSO ANYBODY I'VE BEEN CHATTING WITH, DON'T SPOIL THE SURPRISE FOR LATER.
Wow can you be Dedede or MK too? Or just BDee because of the similar model?

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Mouth?! Is that from the website?

Also, yeah :c
But he will always be Bandana Dee in my heart.
XD

Cool!
from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ipoTCKx5M they like showcase some of the trophies and stuffzz, the music is so beautiful ; _ ;
wat

Oh my gosh, I love our new title!

Wat.
wat
I have a question: What copy ability would you guys and gals like to see return? Missle and Magic along with Animal for me
BUBBLE AND REFRIGERATOR
Finally!
I have a Gamecube Controller Adapter XD
WAT WHERE I BEEN LOOKIN 4 A BUNDLE FOR LIKE A MONTH NOW T____T

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm just mad that there were only three songs in Smash that are from the newer Kirby games.
And also, personally, I don't like them so much.

The Adventure begins is awesome, but it reminds me about the lack of Bandana Dee, and it doesn't fit with the battle for some reason.

The Forest music, I don't like it.

Floral Fields / Fine Fields is cool, I like it, it's in the OP :awesome:

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Guys, what if, there are 4 bandana dees in Rainbow Curse, but only 3 are playable. Bandana Dee amiibo put a computer bandana Dee in the game. Thi could help people who only play single player, as the could control kirby, and the computer could be bandana Dee! :D

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Maybe the Bandana Dee Amiibo (if it exists) will do something with the missing Bandana Dee recolour.

Wait a moment...
Where is the Bandana Dee Amiibo? He is a main character in the game and I'm pretty sure Hal would want one.
Sakurai's bias can´t be the reason, because he is not working in the Kirby games anymore and he is not the Amiibo god or something like that XD
So...the lack of Amiibo is maybe because Bandana Dee is going to be a DLC newcomer in Smash with his own Amiibo based in his Smash artwork and Nintendo doesn't want to spoil the surprise.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What do you think Bandana Dee will transform into when Kirby becomes a rocket and submarine? In Kirby's tank form, Bandana Dee gets a cannon hat, so maybe he'll get a jetpack for rocket and scuba gear for submarine?

Maybe the Bandana Dee Amiibo (if it exists) will do something with the missing Bandana Dee recolour.

Wait a moment...
Where is the Bandana Dee Amiibo? He is a main character in the game and I'm pretty sure Hal would want one.
Sakurai's bias can´t be the reason, because he is not working in the Kirby games anymore and he is not the Amiibo god or something like that XD
So...the lack of Amiibo is maybe because Bandana Dee is going to be a DLC newcomer in Smash with his own Amiibo based in his Smash artwork and Nintendo doesn't want to spoil the surprise.

I haven't seen any amiibos heard of being made outside of Smash Bros, but Miyamoto DID mention possibly making an Arwing amiibo for Star Fox U. Outside of that, there might be one for an Inkling when Splatoon comes out, but Nintendo pretty much decided that Smash Bros itself covers a bunch of characters, so they wouldn't need to make any outside of that for a while.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I decided to record "A Visitor From Afar", the opening cutscene for RtDL, in 60FPS. Now that I'm watching it again, I'm questioning if the cutscene is actually rendered in 60FPS. I believe it is, but some parts seem a bit more "choppy", making me think it may be 30FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2JJe7Q9tA&list=UUOVl0LdNSmYP9q_ICUNCYLQ&index=1

IN OTHER NEWS...

I suppose I owe you guys an explanation soon! Going to take some lame, random videos to showcase some super-secret amazing stuff that you guys can easily guess from the video I posted earlier.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
There's a huge possibility for the Dee to come?!

:colorful: HYPE INCITED :colorful:

*Dies*

Help...

Wait a moment...

...And also, Leave some straws for the rest of us to grasp!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Members of the Bandanna Brigade - I'm willing to join your cause and support Bandanna Waddle Dee! That is, if I'm not already a supporter, but I'd be happy to support him anyway. Then again, I guess the supporter's list is really the people who answered 'Yes' in the poll.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
WHAT!!!!!
Seriously!
And I thought Europeans and Australians get all the good stuff from Nintendo.
Not always... Although we did get the New Nintendo 3DS first... Muwahahahaha...

And it just occurred to me - should Bandanna Dee have multiple jumps like the other Kirby characters or just the usual double jump?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

And it just occurred to me - should Bandanna Dee have multiple jumps like the other Kirby characters or just the usual double jump?
I think about... 4 jumps maximum, and why do you guys have that? You're supposed to get things last! Nintendo, I want Dark Dawn, give me a release date for the New 3DS dammit!

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

He had multiple jumps like the others and Rainbow Curse shows he could do it by holding air like the others so yeah, he should.

Combined that with Spear Copter and you have an OP recovery.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
You know the invisible thing in melee?

Samurai should have added the crystal from rtdl to replace it.

Seriously I feel like this whole board should be in charge of the next smash bros

Then the whole roster just becomes Kirby characters.

Top Bottom