• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
OMG!

Best gift ever!

View attachment 33940

Socks!
WAAAAAAAANNNTTT!!!!
GUESS WHO'S GOING TO DELIVER SOME RTDL MODS TODAY!

NOT ME BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND MY WII REMOTE!

(yay woo go reserved we luv u)
You need to find a wii remote. At least I got my Red one always.

And... Happy holidays!!! Oh crap, Im sick... I think Im not going anywhere soon... Must...Play...Hyrule Worrios......

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Full Intro in all its glory. Bandana Dee is super relevant, and it seems to be ONLY him in this game with Kirby with Meta Knight and King Dedede no where to be seen.

They are really pushing Bandana Dee for Summer Slam Smash Bros.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Full Intro in all its glory. Bandana Dee is super relevant, and it seems to be ONLY him in this game with Kirby with Meta Knight and King Dedede no where to be seen.

They are really pushing Bandana Dee for Summer Slam Smash Bros.
I didn't think anything could top wolly world in cuteness but I guess I was wrong

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Wow.. This is awesome.

Bandana Dee uses his spear in almost every part of the game.
He has a personality.
He's a VERY important character in the story.
He's playable.
Regular Waddle Dees have been replaced with the pot enemies, thus granting him more uniqueness.

Now we just need them to refer to him as "Bandana Dee" or "Bandana Waddle Dee" again. They did it right in Triple Deluxe, let's hope they can do it again.

I also hope there's a way you can play as him without more people. Maybe you can use the buttons on the gamepad to control Bandana Dee, while Kirby is controlled with the touch screen. Do you guys think that could work? Granted, it would add more complexity, but I think it can be pulled off efficiently to make the game more challenging, but that depends on the game's speed.

Either way, I'm hyped. The game comes out on my birthday, and he looks great in the cutscenes. Love that fishing scene.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wow.. This is awesome.

Bandana Dee uses his spear in almost every part of the game.
He has a personality.
He's a VERY important character in the story.
He's playable.
Regular Waddle Dees have been replaced with the pot enemies, thus granting him more uniqueness.

Now we just need them to refer to him as "Bandana Dee" or "Bandana Waddle Dee" again. They did it right in Triple Deluxe, let's hope they can do it again.

I also hope there's a way you can play as him without more people. Maybe you can use the buttons on the gamepad to control Bandana Dee, while Kirby is controlled with the touch screen. Do you guys think that could work? Granted, it would add more complexity, but I think it can be pulled off efficiently to make the game more challenging, but that depends on the game's speed.

Either way, I'm hyped. The game comes out on my birthday, and he looks great in the cutscenes. Love that fishing scene.
There could be a chance that it could be an "after the game" mode in which you play as only Bandana Waddle Dee.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
OMGGGGAAWD I wanna hug Bandana Dee to death!!!! ;___; HE SLAYED THOSE MASTER&CRAZY HAND WANNABES WITH ONE HIT OMG AND HE LOOKS SO CUTE FISHING WITH HIS SPEAR I LITERALLY CANT EVEN HANDLE THIS CUTENESS! also r.i.p apple, you will be forever missed.

Edit: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/ KIRBY RAINBOW CURSE JAPANESE SITE
THE FREAKIN MUSIC AGSDFKJGF AND BANDANA DEE IS EVERYWHERE ON IT AGHHH
IMMA CRY WITH ALL THIS ATTENTION HE'S GETTING IN THIS GAME! (&can anybody translate to see if his name says Bandana Dee? I WANNA KNOW!

Edit2: Just realized I pulled a reserved, oops..

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
OH MY GOD THE INTRO!!!!

BANDANA DEE AND KIRBY WERE SO ADORABLE OMG!!

FJROENFIFKFNEGKFORKGNGKRKNTGKR

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
chandelure

it's so cute I'm going to cry

Bandana Dee is becoming such an awesome character <3

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I see the intro was already posted, but not sure if this was posted:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/sp/amiibo.html
Amiibo functions revealed! Kirby Amiibo gives Kirby a star beneath, the King Dedede Amiibo gives Kirby his hat, and the Meataknight Amiibo gives Kirby his mask. The star boosts Kirby's speed, the crown boosts Kirby's health, and the mask boosts Kirby's attack.

D

Deleted member

Oh my! The amount of exposure Bandana Dee is getting is absolutely amazing! I'm glad that he is getting this much attention in the intro and the website! It's showing that Bandana Dee is an established Kirby character and that he will be a major one.

And yes, that intro was cute, especially when Kirby wants to be a ball instead of being cursed into one. It also looks like this plot is going to begin with Kirby going on a mass genocide because his apple lost color.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh my! The amount of exposure Bandana Dee is getting is absolutely amazing! I'm glad that he is getting this much attention in the intro and the website! It's showing that Bandana Dee is an established Kirby character and that he will be a major one.

And yes, that intro was cute, especially when Kirby wants to be a ball instead of being cursed into one. It also looks like this plot is going to begin with Kirby going on a mass genocide because his apple lost color.
Squeak Squad/Mouse Attack 2 when?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
OMGGGGAAWD I wanna hug Bandana Dee to death!!!! ;___; HE SLAYED THOSE MASTER&CRAZY HAND WANNABES WITH ONE HIT OMG AND HE LOOKS SO CUTE FISHING WITH HIS SPEAR I LITERALLY CANT EVEN HANDLE THIS CUTENESS! also r.i.p apple, you will be forever missed.

Edit: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axyj/ KIRBY RAINBOW CURSE JAPANESE SITE
THE FREAKIN MUSIC AGSDFKJGF AND BANDANA DEE IS EVERYWHERE ON IT AGHHH
IMMA CRY WITH ALL THIS ATTENTION HE'S GETTING IN THIS GAME! (&can anybody translate to see if his name says Bandana Dee? I WANNA KNOW!

Edit2: Just realized I pulled a reserved, oops..
wut

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Hey.. wait a second.. How come they didn't explain the other 2 colors of Bandana Dee?

Normally if they didn't do it, I would assume it's just for multiplayer like the other colored Kirbies in RTD. But since this game is about Rainbows, and they clearly acknowledge them in the artwork (whereas they don't with other colored Kirbies), does this mean there will be an extra cutscene that shows the fairy girl creating extra clones?

EDIT: Wow. I was expecting Bandana Dee to get some recognition in this game for sure, but they're treating him like Meta Knight and King Dedede don't exist. I mean, he's in almost every artwork image on the website. He's REALLY important in this game.

Last edited:

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Hai fellow brigadiers it turns out that I'm unbelievably sick :( But, I do have to say the cutscene is adorable and B-Dee is getting a ton attention in the game which is great,also,is it just me or does the eyes on the hands look like 02's eye? Just me? Okay.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I have a feeling the hands are going to be underlings to the actual villain. Like, after you fight them, it reveals a big face or something.

I'm also kind of surprised Bill Trinen said "even Waddle Dee can make a difference" when he clearly shows his strength against the hands when he hits them away with his spear.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Guys in the trailer did you hear it

it's a Kirby Air Ride Remix of Top Ride's Light Stage
Kirby Air Ride Remix
Kirby Air Ride
AIR RIDE

HYPE

D

Deleted member

I'm also kind of surprised Bill Trinen said "even Waddle Dee can make a difference" when he clearly shows his strength against the hands when he hits them away with his spear.
Its Bill Trintroll. Remember his "combos" at the SDCC? *Hits opponent* 5 seconds later, *Hits opponent again* COMBO!

The only thing Bandana Dee needs now is an amiibo. Maybe it would unlock 1P Bandana Dee mode or Kirby gets a Bandana to increase his range or something.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
During the intro, at around 0:56 when the color is being removed from everything, you can see Mount DeDeDe!

Top Bottom