• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I think the second option IS possible because Sakurai is unpredictable. Maybe he thinks Magolor has more potential than Bandana Dee, because magic has more pontential than a spear. I don't know, but now, I think Magolor is the biggest competition for Bandana Dee.
I am pretty surprised when I saw Magolor on that Miiverse stage and I questioned why he was there. He could be a DLC character and yes, he is arguably Bandana Dee's biggest competition. I will deny the possibility that he could get in over Bandana Dee...
Still, I don't want to see Magolor get in over Bandana Dee. I don't want Bandana Dee to get his chance... another day. :(

Now, Prince Fluff. I don't like his design and his game was extremely easy, but I'm not going to lie, he has a lot of potential.
I still think he is not that likely, BUT... there is something that looks like a Yarn Stage. We don't know if it's from Epic Yarn or Woolly World. Maybe he can be a Kirby Character or a new "Yarn Character" (if he appears in Wooly World).
It's from Yoshi's Wooly World. In some direct footage of the stage, Yoshi music was playing.
The stage:
The song:
I am surprised that Yoshi's Wooly World got a stage. I am at least hoping that we will see some Epic Yarn music.

I still think his enemy is Sakurai's bias towards older Kirby games. We've seen nothing from Epic Yarn, Return to Dream Land or Triple Deluxe outside of trophies.
I wouldn't hold Bandana Dee in high regards or consider him the most "likely" for this reason. We have literally seen nothing from the new Kirby games on the 3DS version and the new Kirby stage on the Wii U version is from a Sakurai-made Kirby game. This is awfully discouraging going into this.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Chandelure's new avatar is great.

Anyway, BDee might come alongside Rainbow Curse as a promotion. I still think his enemy is Sakurai's bias towards older Kirby games. We've seen nothing from Epic Yarn, Return to Dream Land or Triple Deluxe outside of trophies.
Thanks, Fal! :D
It's from Yoshi's Wooly World. In some direct footage of the stage, Yoshi music was playing.
The stage:
The song:
I am surprised that Yoshi's Wooly World got a stage. I am at least hoping that we will see some Epic Yarn music.
Yeah, you are right! XD
Well...Prince Fluff disconfirmed :awesome: (Not really XD, but he is even more unlikely now IMO).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I decided to make a moveset after MisterVideoGaming brought up Bandanna Dee's moveset, and I would like feedback, it's very appreciated if you do so:

Bandanna Dee

Bandanna Dee is character who wields his long-ranged spear, his playstyle is pretty similar to Marth, the only differences is that his spear has greater melee range who has a much easier time hitting at the sweet spot than him, but lacks the wide surround range Marth covers and the speed (It's on par with Kirby) and has a deadly projectile. In general, the best Dee players must be cautious as they approach the opponent, because one move can leave Bandanna Dee open.

Jab: Bandanna Dee jabs his spear to the opponent; the first part of the jab is good in melee range and you can pull the opponent to you to do the second part of his jab, the fury spear combo. It does decent enough damage, although there is no sweet spot involved in this attack.

F-Tilt: Bandanna Dee swipes his spear at a slight downward diagonal direction with great melee range. The starting lag is there, and the sweetspot is involved; however, if it hits anywhere that's not the tip, it will do minimal damage and knockback.

Dash Attack: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear forward, a good attack that does relatively good knockback at the opponent, but has shorter melee range than the rest of his attacks.

U-Tilt: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear upward in a "J" motion, this can be connected to do a two hit combo if the opponent is near.

D-Tilt: Bandanna Dee sweeps his spear across the ground, it does relatively good damage and knockback as F-Tilt, but also has the same problems with doing minimal damage and knockback if not done at sweetspot.
_______

Neutral-Air: Bandanna Dee circles his spear surrounding him to prevent him from attacks from multiple opponents. The sweetspot is not involved in this move.

*Note: Every aerial attack aside from neutral air has starting lag and a sweetspot from this point on.

F-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear forward, has great range and does great knockback.

U-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear upward, has great range and does great knockback.

D-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear downward, has great range and does good knockback, no meteor smash.
B-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear upward, has great range and does good knockback.
_______

*Note: Every Smash Attack has starting lag too except D-Smash.

F-Smash: Bandanna Dee mildly thrusts his spear forward, does great damage and knockback, and has good range.

U-Smash: Bandanna Dee mildly thrusts his spear upward, does great damage and knockback, and has good range.

D-Smash: Bandanna Dee spins his spear at a lower altitude at both sides of the ground, does good damage and knockback, but slightly less range than the other Smash attacks.
_______

*Note: Almost of his throws except U-Throw do minimal knockback in general, some can be used to set up combos.

F-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his opponent forward, can set a combo with F-tilt of D-tilt.

U-Throw: Bandanna Dee tosses his opponent in the air and stabs them with the spear.

D-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his opponent to the ground and leaves them in the air to set up a combo with U-tilt.

F-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his opponent forward, can set a combo with F-tilt.
_______

Neutral-B: Spear-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his spear straightforward at incredible speed that easily kills lightweights near 90%. However with the cost of the speed and power means he'll lack the ability to do any moves involving his long spear for a while. Pretty much all of his normal attacks and his recovery will be of no use.

Side-B: Mini Spear-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws a shorter set of spears that do less damage and goes less farther at a slower speed, this is pretty much the go to move if you want to keep away from the opponent or if you want your long spear to come back after using the regular spear throw.

Down-B: Parasol: Bandana Dee covers himself with the parasol that can reflect projectiles and also do damage if an opponent comes near. This can be used forever, but it cannot protect against melee attacks unless used at the start of the attack.

Up-B: Spear-Copter: Bandanna twirls his spear at undefinable speed to recover a short vertical boost and a longer time to move horizontally. He's able to control the angle of his recovery too, but he becomes very vulnerable once the recovery move is over. This is also a nice move to set up combos after setting up an aerial. The sweet spot still applies here; the melee range is shorter, but can easily become a devastating attack too.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
3 games? RTDL obviously, but what are the other 2 games?
Magolor is in Return to Dreamland (Boss)
Dream Collection (Extra Game Mode and EX Levels)
Triple Deluxe (Cameo in Stone Ability and Clown Power)
Dedede Drum Dash (Enemy in Level)

Guess you can kind of say 4

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I decided to make a moveset after MisterVideoGaming brought up Bandanna Dee's moveset, and I would like feedback, it's very appreciated if you do so:

Bandanna Dee

Bandanna Dee is character who wields his long-ranged spear, his playstyle is pretty similar to Marth, the only differences is that his spear has greater melee range who has a much easier time hitting at the sweet spot than him, but lacks the wide surround range Marth covers and the speed (It's on par with Kirby) and has a deadly projectile. In general, the best Dee players must be cautious as they approach the opponent, because one move can leave Bandanna Dee open.

Jab: Bandanna Dee jabs his spear to the opponent; the first part of the jab is good in melee range and you can pull the opponent to you to do the second part of his jab, the fury spear combo. It does decent enough damage, although there is no sweet spot involved in this attack.

F-Tilt: Bandanna Dee swipes his spear at a slight downward diagonal direction with great melee range. The starting lag is there, and the sweetspot is involved; however, if it hits anywhere that's not the tip, it will do minimal damage and knockback.

Dash Attack: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear forward, a good attack that does relatively good knockback at the opponent, but has shorter melee range than the rest of his attacks.

U-Tilt: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear upward in a "J" motion, this can be connected to do a two hit combo if the opponent is near.

D-Tilt: Bandanna Dee sweeps his spear across the ground, it does relatively good damage and knockback as F-Tilt, but also has the same problems with doing minimal damage and knockback if not done at sweetspot.
_______

Neutral-Air: Bandanna Dee circles his spear surrounding him to prevent him from attacks from multiple opponents. The sweetspot is not involved in this move.

*Note: Every aerial attack aside from neutral air has starting lag and a sweetspot from this point on.

F-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear forward, has great range and does great knockback.

U-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear upward, has great range and does great knockback.

D-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear downward, has great range and does good knockback, no meteor smash.
B-Air: Bandanna Dee thrusts his spear upward, has great range and does good knockback.
_______

*Note: Every Smash Attack has starting lag too except D-Smash.

F-Smash: Bandanna Dee mildly thrusts his spear forward, does great damage and knockback, and has good range.

U-Smash: Bandanna Dee mildly thrusts his spear upward, does great damage and knockback, and has good range.

D-Smash: Bandanna Dee spins his spear at a lower altitude at both sides of the ground, does good damage and knockback, but slightly less range than the other Smash attacks.
_______

*Note: Almost of his throws except U-Throw do minimal knockback in general, some can be used to set up combos.

F-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his opponent forward, can set a combo with F-tilt of D-tilt.

U-Throw: Bandanna Dee tosses his opponent in the air and stabs them with the spear.

D-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his opponent to the ground and leaves them in the air to set up a combo with U-tilt.

F-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his opponent forward, can set a combo with F-tilt.
_______

Neutral-B: Spear-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws his spear straightforward at incredible speed that easily kills lightweights near 90%. However with the cost of the speed and power means he'll lack the ability to do any moves involving his long spear for a while. Pretty much all of his normal attacks and his recovery will be of no use.

Side-B: Mini Spear-Throw: Bandanna Dee throws a shorter set of spears that do less damage and goes less farther at a slower speed, this is pretty much the go to move if you want to keep away from the opponent or if you want your long spear to come back after using the regular spear throw.

Down-B: Parasol: Bandana Dee covers himself with the parasol that can reflect projectiles and also do damage if an opponent comes near. This can be used forever, but it cannot protect against melee attacks unless used at the start of the attack.

Up-B: Spear-Copter: Bandanna twirls his spear at undefinable speed to recover a short vertical boost and a longer time to move horizontally. He's able to control the angle of his recovery too, but he becomes very vulnerable once the the recovery move is over. This is also a nice move to set up combos after setting up an aerial. The sweet spot still applies here; the melee range is shorter, but can easily become a devastating attack too.
This is pretty good, Blue.
The Mini Spear Throw is very creative.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm really worried about Kirby Stages...I really want a Return to Dreamland Stage full of music of the new Kirby games.
Or at least put that music in the Great Cave Offensive, Sakurai! >: c XD

Magolor is in Return to Dreamland (Boss)
Dream Collection (Extra Game Mode and EX Levels)
Triple Deluxe (Cameo in Stone Ability and Clown Power)
Dedede Drum Dash (Enemy in Level)

Oh god, that looks extremely hard XD

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I can't even beat level 4 in regular dedede's drum dash how can this person do this. my mind is blown
What's even more f*ed up is that he got platinum. WHICH IS SO HARD TO GET IN LATER STAGES AS WELL. BRUTAL. You miss ONE little Back Beat and you don't get it. I haven't' even beaten this level yet. I have Platinum on all levels minus the last two. This being one of them.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wait, in that Dedede Drum Dash Z video, Dedede makes Kirby sounds thanks to the Kirby Mask and there is a Waddle Dee Mask...
I want to know if the Waddle Dee Mask makes sounds XD

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I like it, but why 5 jumps? He doesn't float or fly. In RtDL, if you notice it is midair jumps not flying. He probably had it to stay with the others in that aspect.

Sorry about the double post but

He appeared in more than 3 games. He was in Kirby Super (Megaton Punch), Super Star Ultra (Megaton Punch and Boss), RtDL, Dream Collection (cameo), Triple Deluxe, and soon, Rainbow Curse.
For Bandana Dee:

Like I said, he would be a lightweight. As such, he needs a good enough ability to recovery back on to the stage.

For the Helpers:

They don't have a "recovery move," so they instead get multiple jumps.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Prince Fluff has no chance, lol. For one he's not a Kirby Character. He's an idea from Good Feel Company. I think it'd be a further insult to them as developers to not only shoehorn Kirby in as the main character to THEIR game but than ALSO make their character HIS rep. Hahaha. No.

Not to mention he's in one mere spin off game. He'd be a bad rep for Kirby since he's not eve really a Kirby character technically. He hasn't shown up since Epic Yarn. Nah.

Prince Fluff is out.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I think everyone agrees his U-Special is Spear Copter. XD

For Bandana Dee:

Like I said, he would be a lightweight. As such, he needs a good enough ability to recovery back on to the stage.

For the Helpers:

They don't have a "recovery move," so they instead get multiple jumps.
Spear Copter in the Kirby games has great durability.

Last edited:

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Since everyone is posting movesets I guess I should post mine as well.

Information:
Sweet spot: Very tip of the spear, giving him good power at a distance.
Walk speed: Same as Kirby.
Jump speed: Same as Kirby.
Fall speed: Same as Luigi.
Sprint speed: Same as Pikachu
Number of jumps: 3, 1. a normal jump using his feet to lift off, 2, an air jump with the same animation for RtDL, 3 a bit of a flutter like his jump in KSS and KSSU.

A: A Normal spear jab.
AA: A flurry of jabs.
AAA: One big final stab, the whole a combo being the same as his and the spear copy abilities neutral combo.
Up tilt: Turns his spear and strikes above him with the tip of the spear
Down tilt: Jabs at his opponents feet.
Side tilt: Stabs his spear into the ground and kicks with his feet while holding on to the spear.
Dash attack: Box slide: much like other movesets Side B the box slide is instead the dash attack for the momentum of the dash combined with the powerful box!

B: Spear toss: throws his spear as a projectile for good distance. Charged, the attack go farther, does, a little more damage, and throws 3 spears.
Up B: Spearcopter: What else could his recovery be?! He uses his iconic Spearcopter to fly around for 2-4 seconds, it can be slightly charged to hover for about 4-5 seconds.
Down B: Megaton punch: in reference to his very first appearance, the megaton punch use the power slider from the event in KSS. Depending on what the power meter lands on, he can either do a super powerful punch that creates shockwaves and the punch itself doing 30+ damage, or does not do much of anything.
Side B: Parasol drill: Certain waddle Dees have harnessed the power of the parasol, and bandana Dee is no exception, much like the parasol in KRtD and KTD bandana Dee thrust to the side drilling anyone who touches the spear and blocks any projectiles thrown or shot in the direction he thrusts.

Grabs:
Jab: He uses the back of the spear to jab his opponent.
Up throw: He uses the parasol to juggle the opponent on the tip and then push him off. Much like in the parasol moveset.
Down throw: He uses the parasol again and again much like the parasol moveset, he drills the opponent into the ground.
Back throw: He stabs his spear into the ground an kicks the opponent after he puts the opponent behind him. Much like his side tilt.
Forward throw: He stabs with his spear and slams the opponent on the ground.

Smashes:
Up smash: Has three powerful strikes above him in quick sucession.
Down smash: Stick his spear into the ground and spins 360 around kicking anyone in his way.
Side smash: A slight hop followed by an angled stab.

Aerials:
Neutral A: Based on the picture by movesets on the op of the B-Dee thread, He slightly hovers with a spearcopter that lasts 1-2 seconds and has on of his feet extended for a kick.
Up A: Dee Does a backflip kick hitting anyone above him.
Down A: Taking more moves form him KRtD he uses the moon spear attack to stab beneath him while doing a slight spin at the end.
Back A: Simply takes his spear and stabs behind him.
Forward A: Leans forward and stabs forward with a slight curve at the end.

Super Smash:
Landia Mount: Reading the trailer leak made me realize how cool our bandana clad hero riding a four-headed fire breathing dragon of limitless power really was. Landia can use a few moves such as four fireball shot that can be charged to one giant ball creating winds that can hurt players, kinda like the great dragons wind moves on the computer virus boss , and splitting up into four different dragons and attack multiple players.

Taunts:
Up: He jumps up and down a couple times, but unfortunately messes up his bandana and has to fix it.
Down: Eats a piece of strawberry cake and it heals him by 1%.
Side: Tries to be intimidating with his spear, but drops it on accident and has to pick it up again.

Victory animations:
1: Jumps up and down but trips and falls down, knocking himself out.
2: Uses his spearcopter to fly up slightly and lands safely and holds the spear above his head as a sign of victory.
3: Does a small version of the Kirby dance and ends by waving at the screen like he does in does after he gives you an assist star.

Idle Animations:
1: Tightens the knot on the bandana.
2: Twirls his spear around.

Battle intro: Flies on to stage with the spearcopter.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Let me post my moveset- Oh, wait, mines is already on the OP. :p
Speaking of which, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure , could you change the final smash in my moveset to this:
Megaton Punch: Bandana Dee lunges his spear a short distance. Anyone who gets hit by it will fly into the air and land on the block from Megaton Punch. Bandana Dee will fly down punching, sending the opponents he caught into the air.
Also, not sure if everyone saw this but:

:laugh:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
This guy is the next in line for Kirby reps! He better make in as DLC! I mean, how can Sakurai skip out on this cute (deadly) little guy..? <3
Viewer Discretion is advised.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh, the Great Cave Offensive Stage has Kirby Air Ride Music, that's pretty cool!
But I still want Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe Music.

Am I the only one who think the exclusion of Triple Deluxe content in the 3DS version is weird? We have Mario Kart 8 and Woolly World Stages.

I'm a little worried about the RtD Stage, I didn't see one in the Direct, just Halberd and GCO.
I really hope it is a Secret Stage because Pac-Land wasn't present and that means Secret Stages are back.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Oh, the Great Cave Offensive Stage has Kirby Air Ride Music, that's pretty cool!
But I still want Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe Music.

Am I the only one who think the exclusion of Triple Deluxe content in the 3DS version is weird? We have Mario Kart 8 and Woolly World Stages.

I'm a little worried about the RtD Stage, I didn't see one in the Direct, just Halberd and GCO.
I really hope it is a Secret Stage because Pac-Land wasn't present and that means Secret Stages are back.
I am such a HUGE KSS fan but I hate the GCO stage. It doesn't resemble anything about the GCO other than the castle in the back and some familiar objects on the stage. I also think it looks pretty ugly. I was really disappointed that it's just this Hazard Hell, too.

I'd rather they have brought back the beautiful Fountain of Dream level if this is what GCO was going to turn out looking :/

I also agree that a new stage from a modern Kirby title could have been awesome. Levels like Nutty Noon or a gorgeous ride through the galaxy on the Lor Starcutter would have been cool. Instead both new Kirby stages so far are of past games.

What's upsetting to me is that they put in a level for Yoshi's Wooly World when that game wasn't even out yet! Here we are in the forum talking about how there was no way there could have been a Triple Deluxe stage for the 3DS version because the game came out too soon.

Knowing this I am SO MAD. Cause Triple Deluxe is gorgeous and would have inspired a great stage I'm sure. Imagine that huge flower in the background and the floating petals.

To me this is so troubling. There was literally nothing saying Sakurai and his team couldn't have made this happen but they choose instead to again reference a Kirby game Sakurai directed. Same for the Wii U.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I can't wait more :'c
Mewtwo, the first DLC character, is SIX months away. SIX!
AAAH! and we don't even know if Bandana Dee is going to be DeeLC.

I really hope it's a pack with more characters and not just Mewtwo...and one of those characters needs to be Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Seriously the absence of new modern stages is messed up. Smash Bros is also used to showcase what's new about the franchises and promote the games as well. DK is getting a DK Returns stage that has the neat two-plane aspect and is a fairly recent title for the franchise behind Tropical Freeze. Pokemon are getting new levels based on pokemon x/y AND Mega evolutions which are new. We have Galaxy and NSMB levels. Yoshi even has a new stage for a game that’s not even out yet! Awaking Characters! Yup! new new new new stuff.

To me it's seriously gross that Kirby has new games and non of this promotion and attention to new levels/characters/etc from the new games. We get a new trophy and it's Nightmare? I mean come on. There's been so many cool bosses across the series. New characters even.

I'm seriously pessimistic.

It's been over 10 years since Air Ride and there's been a slew of new games since then. We get levels and trophies that are more than 10 years old. Other franchises are getting the latest levels from the latest games.

I still want Bandana Dee but I'm keeping my hope and chances in a cautionary place.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Yay, thread is back:b:
Anyway, does anyone else imagine BD using his bandanna like a Deku Leaf?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Idea: all the spear does the same amount of damage, and only knockback is effected. This could lead to cool combos by gettin close, and using distance to get a finishing kill. I'm still in support of a healing meter, similar to warios fart, over time it charges, and you can get maximum tomatoes to heal yourself, or use lots of smaller healing items over time.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
There's this new leak involving Bandana Dee:
Unfortunately, probably fake.
The pictures also looked pretty plucked from the internet. Why would Kirby, Dedede, and Metaknight have nice new pics, and Bandana Waddle Dee has an image from Return to Dreamland? I want this to be real but soooo fake.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Hey!
At least fake leakers are including Bandana Dee in their leaks this time.
That are my thoughts.

Bandana Dee is becoming a Hit. Thanks to Mewtwo break the laws DLC HYPE!
Im very proud that bandana dee is becoming quite popular and people giving the love he deserved.

So what moveset Bandana Dee will do??? Oh wait there a ton to add him.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Seriously the absence of new modern stages is messed up. Smash Bros is also used to showcase what's new about the franchises and promote the games as well. DK is getting a DK Returns stage that has the neat two-plane aspect and is a fairly recent title for the franchise behind Tropical Freeze. Pokemon are getting new levels based on pokemon x/y AND Mega evolutions which are new. We have Galaxy and NSMB levels. Yoshi even has a new stage for a game that’s not even out yet! Awaking Characters! Yup! new new new new stuff.

To me it's seriously gross that Kirby has new games and non of this promotion and attention to new levels/characters/etc from the new games. We get a new trophy and it's Nightmare? I mean come on. There's been so many cool bosses across the series. New characters even.

I'm seriously pessimistic.

It's been over 10 years since Air Ride and there's been a slew of new games since then. We get levels and trophies that are more than 10 years old. Other franchises are getting the latest levels from the latest games.

I still want Bandana Dee but I'm keeping my hope and chances in a cautionary place.
This. This is exactly how I feel about this in regards to Kirby at the moment.

Otherwise I'm still raging at Sakurai for making Dark Pit a blatant clone for no reason and making the Wii U the obviously better version after his so-called attempts to make them as similar as possible. And the stages. And Special Smash. Please do not get me started on Special Smash. I would rather have Special Smash than Smash Run. I want my f**king stamina matches, WITHOUT needing to run through a maze with three CPUs and HOPE for it first!!

This is me when I am calm. I do not wish to rage.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
This. This is exactly how I feel about this in regards to Kirby at the moment.

Otherwise I'm still raging at Sakurai for making Dark Pit a blatant clone for no reason and making the Wii U the obviously better version after his so-called attempts to make them as similar as possible. And the stages. And Special Smash. Please do not get me started on Special Smash. I would rather have Special Smash than Smash Run. I want my f**king stamina matches, WITHOUT needing to run through a maze with three CPUs and HOPE for it first!!

This is me when I am calm. I do not wish to rage.
I kind of assumed the Wii U version would be the definitive version. I mean the hardware can just handle more and has to sell. I doubt they would have let them be the same. If I'm paying more a console version than HELL yeah I want more in he Wii U version. The console version should always be the meatier version because there's no reason, something that can handle more, should be limited by what the handheld version can do. It's a waste, imo.

Than again I'm sure folks angry about the Wii U version might just not have one and that certainly sucks but I have a Wii U and needed a GOOD reason to buy the Wii U version over 3DS version. Not sure that I (on a personal level) found that reason. Can't say I'm interested in 8 player matches or party board game honestly. Still this will convince many to upgrade which is good for them if they choose to invest in the console or more of the game.

Also I love Smash Run personally. I thought I would dislike it more because of the lack on online buuuut I'm still enjoying it even alone. I think if it didn't have custom abilities and stats you could mess with, it'd be WAY more boring but that's a personal opinion. I know folks are mixed on Smash Run.

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Alright I made a new moveset

Important info:
2 jumps
fall speed of :4luigi:

air speed of :4kirby:
weight of :4kirby:

dash speed of :4pikachu:

walk speed of :4drmario:

tip of spear does 3% more damage, while hitting with staff of spear has higher knockback

STANDARDS
A - bandana dee thrusts his spear forward (5%)

A side - bandana dee head butts the enemy (4%)

A down - bandana dee spins while swinging it around him on the ground (2%)

A up - bandana dee thrusts his spear upwards (5%)

dash - bandana dee does the classic waddle dee jump, risk reward move (10%) long ending lag

A (air) - bandana dee spins around, like :4kirby:'s nair (same damage as kirby's nair)

A side (air) - bandana dee swings the back of his spear forward (6%)

A back (air) - bandana dee kicks backwards (3%)

A down (air) - bandana dee twirls his spear downwards, and slams to the ground (8%)

A up (air) - bandana dee thrusts his spear upwards (5%)

SMASHES
A side - bandana dee swings his spear forward as far as he can (8%) High knock back

A down - bandana dee does :4metaknight:'s "mach tornado" with his spear (2%) five consecutive hits

A up - bandana dee does :4dedede:'s "super jump" (10%) low knockback

SPECIALS
B - bandana dee throws a spear, the head sticks in the ground while the staff acts as a platform. It ends up disappearing after a certain amount of time (2%) very spammable, charge to gain distance

B side - bandana dee's spear head opens up revealing an orb which does a beam whip (4%)

B down - bandana dee spins his parasol in front of him (2%) multiple hits, deflects projectiles

B up - bandana dee spins his spear above him to fly, similar to villagers recovery (1%) multiple hits

B down (air) - bandana dee raises his parasol up, decreasing his fall speed majorly

Final Smash - cinematic final smash. bandana dee swings a giant spear in front of him, opponents hit by it will be trapped into a stone. Bandana dee jumps into the air where the player must hit A when the meters match up, if they do the damage and knock back is double. bandana dee slams the stone with his fist, and the cinematic ends (40%)

OTHER

Entrance: bandana dee flies in on the lor starcutter

alts:

Palutena's Guidance:
Pit: Lady Palutena! this waddle dee is carrying a spear!

Palutena: That is bandana waddle dee, or bandana dee for short. He is the leader of the waddle dee army, and is very skilled with his spear, it is best to try and keep your distance and use projectiles. He is also king dedede's most loyal servant, doing whatever he says

Pit: Servant? That sounds bad, good thing i'm not a servant.

Palutena: Hey Pit, can you get me some coffee?

Pit: Sure thing. Cream and two sugars, right?

Last edited:

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
Palutena's Guidance:
Pit: Lady Palutena! this waddle dee is carrying a spear!

Palutena: That is bandana waddle dee, or bandana dee for short. He is the leader of the waddle dee army, and is very skilled with his spear, it is best to try and keep your distance and use projectiles. He is also king dedede's most loyal servant, doing whatever he says

Pit: Servant? That sounds bad, good thing i'm not a servant.

Palutena: Hey Pit, can you get me some coffee?

Pit: Sure thing. Cream and two sugars, right?
I love that sooo much. Bandana dee would be great for a DLC, especially if he had one of the Moveset's you've all suggested.

Top Bottom