• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

maybe add a picture? The Kirby wiki should have something
ワドルディ (Wadorudi)
バンダナワドルディ (Bandanawadorudi)
Nice find!
I tried many translates best one i can get was
Sakurai I would like it if you put バンダナワドルディ in smash. that translates to あなたはスマッシュでバンダナワドルディ を置けば櫻井私はそれをしたいと思い and means
You are my Sakurai if you put a bandana Waddle Di in Smash 'd want to do it.

Might creep him out lol.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
You should probably change the amount of signs needed, we should have at least 10,000 if we want to make an impact,

It may seem like an impossible goal, but we can do it with hard work and determination (and spamming)
Um, how do you change the amount of signs? :p

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Nice find!
I tried many translates best one i can get was
Sakurai I would like it if you put バンダナワドルディ in smash. that translates to あなたはスマッシュでバンダナワドルディ を置けば櫻井私はそれをしたいと思い and means
You are my Sakurai if you put a bandana Waddle Di in Smash 'd want to do it.

Might creep him out lol.
XDDD

I don't know, Sakurai probably knows basic english.
Wadorudi sounds cool :awesome:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Well, we might be able to figure out B-Dee's chance if we list all likely possible dlc characters.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Likely 4 Spots Left
B-Dee, K. Rool, Issac, Dixie, Roy, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Chorus Kids, and Lana. I probably missed some.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
As much as I want Bandana Dee in, I don't think a simple petition started by fans will work. They really never have, not just with Smash/Nintendo specifically. Not trying to put anyone down, I'm just trying to get a grasp of reality on the situation. I mean, just look at the petition for Reggie Fils-Aime becoming a playable character. (Although that was half-resolved with the Miis.)

Like @GamerGuy09 said, we should probably just keep our heads low for the time being and go back to speculation. Just saying, it's probably for the best IMO. :) (And by that I mean posting that petition to reddit, of all places, was probably not the best idea.)

Anyways, in the mean time I've made a guide to Bandana Waddle Dee's history and his chances in Smash as a whole (for DLC, of course.)

http://i.imgur.com/Ix66Eya.jpg[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Since I believe there are 4 spots left on the roster:
Bandana Dee, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo (confirmed), and Dixie Kong.
I didn't count Mewtwo in the 4 spots left though. There are 5 blank spots on the 3ds character roster.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Likely 4 Spots Left
B-Dee, K. Rool, Issac, Dixie, Roy, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Chorus Kids, and Lana. I probably missed some.
Lana would be awesome, but I don't know if she has chances.
And Roy is practically disconfirmed thanks to Lucina, the number of FE characters and the Koopaling Roy XD
But yeah, Bandana Dee, K.Rool, Isaac, Dixie, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Chorus Kids, Pichu, Ray, Captain Toad, Toon Zelda, Tetra, Impa, Ridley, Anthony Higgs, Magolor, Krystal, Medusa, Hades, Mii Mage, Mach Rider, Lip, Muddy Mole, Excite Biker, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Bomberman, Snake, Simon Belmont, Bayonetta.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ridley is a stage boss however… I would like to see him in though.
Though I do believe his chances are 0.01 right now, I think he still has a chance.
As much as I want Bandana Dee in, I don't think a simple petition started by fans will work. They really never have, not just with Smash/Nintendo specifically. Not trying to put anyone down, I'm just trying to get a grasp of reality on the situation. I mean, just look at the petition for Reggie Fils-Aime becoming a playable character. (Although that was half-resolved with the Miis.)

Like @GamerGuy09 said, we should probably just keep our heads low for the time being and go back to speculation. Just saying, it's probably for the best IMO. :) (And by that I mean posting that petition to reddit, of all places, was probably not the best idea.)

Anyways, in the mean time I've made a guide to Bandana Waddle Dee's history and his chances in Smash as a whole (for DLC, of course.)

http://i.imgur.com/Ix66Eya.jpg[/COLLAPSE]
Yeah, the petition may not work, but we can still try.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I doubt Ridley would be in personally now that he is a stage boss. His chanced dropped tremendously. I doubt they would further string fans along either.

I think Isaac Might have a decent chance since He had a DS game not TOO TOO long ago and is mysteriously missing as a an assist character. Being an rpg character he probably has interesting moveset potential.

I don't know that the Chorus Kids will be dlc but I see potential for a Ry them Heaven character. I mean there's a rythem heaven enemy in smash run. Are they very many enemies in smash run that don't come from the smash fighters represented series?

Bandana Dee is likely considering a mysterious change and lack of Waddle Dee rep with King Dedede's moves. No waddles dees as an attack or final smash? Why change both? Why no Bandana Dee Trophy?

Impa, I don't know her chances honestly.

Dixie has a great chance I think.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
What was odd about their trophy text? Mewtwo's gave a history of it's backstory, and said that it's maybe not so bad. K. Rool's says he's DK nemesis, and that he'll never change.
Sakurai is the troll among trolls. He can out-troll any other troll who's ever trolled or ever will troll. either someone's in or they aren't, there's no such thing as clues anymore. And there's also no such as things as truth from Sakurai's mouth any more either. So much the versions being as similar as possible while still not limited! that went straight out the window with Smash Run! Special Smash? who wants to play Special Smash on the go whenever they want without needing to go through an unforgiving maze first? or fighting four CPUs at once? or just simply have a nice little Kid Icarus Uprising Easter Egg? NOPE! cut in favor of Environmental Noises and other sappy Pikmin Music that shouldn't be in a FREAKING ACTION GAME!

Nothing against Pikmin's soundtrack, it is indeed nice.....IN IT'S HOME SERIES. quiet, slow, atmospheric music does not work with any type of action game! Or even better, reusing the same old same old Star Fox 64 Voice Clips on the Corneria stage! Or how about Fox and Falco's pointless redubs? maybe I'd like to, you know, UNDERSTAND WHAT MARTH SAYS!

Before, I was simply a little disappointed by all this. Dark Pit a clone? At least he has a different Final Smash from Pit's. Smash Run? I wasn't aware I was being cheated out of Special Smash. Stage Builder? Well, that's really, really hard to implement isn't it? I get that the 3DS has limits. But the things Sakurai has done within those limits disapoints compared even to just the past Smash games. It's bigger and better than Smash 64.....but then again, EVERY game is bigger and better than Smash 64. I just want to play Stamina Mode. But no, that requires random events, proper set up, and even worse, a heck of a lot of great luck! I can no longer have climactic duels with Link and Ganondorf, a cool match between any of the Pokemon characters, etc.

In summary, Sakurai has cheated those of us limited to the 3DS in favor of making the Wii U game as overpowered as possible. Major "F*** you" to the built-up 3DS hype. So much the greatness of the first ever handheld Smash!

And what's with the changes to Classic Mode? it's nice to be able to choose who I fight and all.....but that's what NORMAL Smash is for! And that roulette wheel is ridiculous. Not to mention the drastic changes on the Wii U game. You did all this, eh? then why can't you make this "new Classic Mode" a seperate mode from Classic and leave the Classic Classic Mode alone!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sakurai is the troll among trolls. He can out-troll any other troll who's ever trolled or ever will troll. either someone's in or they aren't, there's no such thing as clues anymore. And there's also no such as things as truth from Sakurai's mouth any more either. So much the versions being as similar as possible while still not limited! that went straight out the window with Smash Run! Special Smash? who wants to play Special Smash on the go whenever they want without needing to go through an unforgiving maze first? or fighting four CPUs at once? or just simply have a nice little Kid Icarus Uprising Easter Egg? NOPE! cut in favor of Environmental Noises and other sappy Pikmin Music that shouldn't be in a FREAKING ACTION GAME!

Nothing against Pikmin's soundtrack, it is indeed nice.....IN IT'S HOME SERIES. quiet, slow, atmospheric music does not work with any type of action game! Or even better, reusing the same old same old Star Fox 64 Voice Clips on the Corneria stage! Or how about Fox and Falco's pointless redubs? maybe I'd like to, you know, UNDERSTAND WHAT MARTH SAYS!

Before, I was simply a little disappointed by all this. Dark Pit a clone? At least he has a different Final Smash from Pit's. Smash Run? I wasn't aware I was being cheated out of Special Smash. Stage Builder? Well, that's really, really hard to implement isn't it? I get that the 3DS has limits. But the things Sakurai has done within those limits disapoints compared even to just the past Smash games. It's bigger and better than Smash 64.....but then again, EVERY game is bigger and better than Smash 64. I just want to play Stamina Mode. But no, that requires random events, proper set up, and even worse, a heck of a lot of great luck! I can no longer have climactic duels with Link and Ganondorf, a cool match between any of the Pokemon characters, etc.

In summary, Sakurai has cheated those of us limited to the 3DS in favor of making the Wii U game as overpowered as possible. Major "F*** you" to the built-up 3DS hype. So much the greatness of the first ever handheld Smash!

And what's with the changes to Classic Mode? it's nice to be able to choose who I fight and all.....but that's what NORMAL Smash is for! And that roulette wheel is ridiculous. Not to mention the drastic changes on the Wii U game. You did all this, eh? then why can't you make this "new Classic Mode" a seperate mode from Classic and leave the Classic Classic Mode alone!
stop right there, music tracks are required to represent something, and the songs take MUCH less data than mode, stages, characters and others!

Maikou

Smash Ace
You missed a great opportunity to say HOLD IT!
Then I shall take this opportunity to say....
stop right there, music tracks are required to represent something, and the songs take MUCH less data than mode, stages, characters and others!
OBJECTION! I simply wish to state that I feel that Pikmin should have a more fast paced music track to suit the action of Smash!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't know, but I'm sure something like a remix or Medley could be made. I haven't really checked out the soundtrack. Even so, a stage's music doesn't always have to be from the franchise the stage is from, if Luigi's Mansion from Brawl was any indication. Or the Temple for that matter.
true, bu-Wait, Temple has the music of Zelda II! You pretty much need a few tracks of the franchise, and I personally like the more peacefull tunes. Not for smash, hell no! but something I can listen to if I feel stressed or something

Maikou

Smash Ace
true, bu-Wait, Temple has the music of Zelda II! You pretty much need a few tracks of the franchise, and I personally like the more peacefull tunes. Not for smash, hell no! but something I can listen to if I feel stressed or something
That's true, but in Melee the Fire Emblem theme was the alternate song for the stage. It has the Zelda II music NOW because Fire Emblem got it's own stage in Brawl, therefore no longer needing to be bootstrapped to the temple. I'm just saying I wish that in terms of the music that actually plays during your fights on the stage were more actiony, while the more relaxing themes are in the Vault to be listened to.

Also, the Doctor Mario theme plays in the PictoChat stage for Smash 3DS. just want to point that out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's true, but in Melee the Fire Emblem theme was the alternate song for the stage. It has the Zelda II music NOW because Fire Emblem got it's own stage in Brawl, therefore no longer needing to be bootstrapped to the temple. I'm just saying I wish that in terms of the music that actually plays during your fights on the stage were more actiony, while the more relaxing themes are in the Vault to be listened to.

Also, the Doctor Mario theme plays in the PictoChat stage for Smash 3DS. just want to point that out.
Dr. Mario doesn't have a stage so yeah. But I do agree with you on your other points. That is why My Music Master race exists

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Just filled my Kirby Triple Deluxe Club Nintendo survey (had the game since May but lost the game box for awhile. :p ). In the survey I said Bandana Dee should make more major apperances in futue Kirby games. Hope they listen!

Top Bottom