• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

DunsparceKid

Smash Rookie
Does Bandana Dee even have any other competition from the series? All I can think of are a bunch of Dark Matter type one off enemies and why would those be playable in smash? After thinking about this, it would be rad if there was a new Kirby game that was somewhat heavier on the story and introduced a bunch of new characters. I feel the series is kind of sparse in the character department. Still love the games though.

P.S. Shadow Dedede was amazing. Better be an alt along with Masked Dedede
I really wish Dedede could use the axe as a weapon in this game.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I don't want to derail this thread by talking about Shulk, but no one really has any idea if Shulk will be in X or if he will become the "Marth" of the series. He was also my favorite character in Xenoblade... I think he'll show up in X somehow.. or at least I hope. I'm pretty confident he'll be in Smash though. Check out the Shulk thread if you're curious.

Anyways, @Dunsparce please edit your last post instead of double posting. Maybe DDD can use it as a final smash or get possessed again.

Back on topic, is the Rainbow Curse an Eshop title? Hope that doesn't sound like a dumb question but for some reason it didn't seem like a retail game. I enjoy the "spin off" games but I always prefer the traditional ones and can't wait to see what they do next. Kirby games tend to be very unique

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Does Bandana Dee even have any other competition from the series? All I can think of are a bunch of Dark Matter type one off enemies and why would those be playable in smash? After thinking about this, it would be rad if there was a new Kirby game that was somewhat heavier on the story and introduced a bunch of new characters. I feel the series is kind of sparse in the character department. Still love the games though.

P.S. Shadow Dedede was amazing. Better be an alt along with Masked Dedede
Magolor is the second best and my second most wanted character. He's in two games, has appeared in cameos, (spoiler for Dedede Drum Dash Z) - he appears again as a hazard in the game and looks to be a reoccurring character from now on. He's more of a villain character than Dedede and MK imo and would make a cool villain rep. He's a mage and could have a really interesting moveset based on his moves during his boss fight. He's pretty popular in the fandom too. I'd love to play as him.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Magolor is the second best and my second most wanted character. He's in two games, has appeared in cameos, (spoiler for Dedede Drum Dash Z) - he appears again as a hazard in the game and looks to be a reoccurring character from now on. He's more of a villain character than Dedede and MK imo and would make a cool villain rep. He's a mage and could have a really interesting moveset based on his moves during his boss fight. He's pretty popular in the fandom too. I'd love to play as him.
I don't know, I see Magolor as more of a stage boss or just a trophy, but mabye I just have low expectations at this point.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't want to derail this thread by talking about Shulk, but no one really has any idea if Shulk will be in X or if he will become the "Marth" of the series. He was also my favorite character in Xenoblade... I think he'll show up in X somehow.. or at least I hope. I'm pretty confident he'll be in Smash though. Check out the Shulk thread if you're curious.

Anyways, @Dunsparce please edit your last post instead of double posting. Maybe DDD can use it as a final smash or get possessed again.

Back on topic, is the Rainbow Curse an Eshop title? Hope that doesn't sound like a dumb question but for some reason it didn't seem like a retail game. I enjoy the "spin off" games but I always prefer the traditional ones and can't wait to see what they do next. Kirby games tend to be very unique
Why would people assume that Rainbow Curse isn't a retail game? Canvas Curse was amazing, though. I prefer the traditional Kirby games more as well but Canvas Curse was definitely a retail experience. Same for Captain Toad.

Banana Dee will be returning again for Kirby's next console release and his first Wii U game. If Kirby games follow the pattern of the previous console than hopefully after the experimental title, we'll get a traditional game like Return to Dreamland. Considering that the director of Return to Dreamland is interested in making a 3D Kirby game, maybe we'll see Bandana Dee again as playable in Kirby's first 3D experience. Who knows! I'm excited and hope they can translate Kirby's gameplay style into 3D.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't know, I see Magolor as more of a stage boss or just a trophy, but mabye I just have low expectations at this point.
Yeah I don't have the highest hopes in general but he's just my next personal desired Kirby Rep if for whatever reason Bandana Dee doesn't work out as a pick x_x

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
We've yet to see any hint of Bandana Dee so far. We already have Knuckle Joe as an Assist Trophy, and throughout all of the gameplay footage from E3, Smash-Fest, and the Invitational, there's been absolutely no sign of him anywhere.

So that leaves us with two things as a conclusion:
1. He's part of Dedede's Final Smash, similar to Robin & Chrom. Except this is unlikely due to him having Masked Dedede with an axe, like you said.

2. He's a stage hazard. Again unlikely, as there are better candidates, like Kracko or Whispy Woods for this kind of thing.

Which brings us to the final possible conclusion..

3. He's a playable character. Now, I'm sure that there are more roles he could fill, but let's face it. This is probably the most likely to happen after those two. Unless his role is like Monita or something where he helps out the players.

DunsparceKid

Smash Rookie

Sorry, I'm new to Smashboards and wasn't sure on the rules. How exactly do I delete a post and quote 2 replies in one post? I have nothing wrong with Shulk, but I don't really want him in, simply due to the fact that I want Gematsu to be wrong and to be surprised by secret newcomers in-game.

And, to add my two cents, if Bandana Dee doesn't make it as a character, he could always be an assist trophy, and get a game of his own between Smash 4 and Smash 5 and possibly rise from assist trophy status like Little Mac,

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I'm new to Smashboards and wasn't sure on the rules. How exactly do I delete a post and quote 2 replies in one post? I have nothing wrong with Shulk, but I don't really want him in, simply due to the fact that I want Gematsu to be wrong and to be surprised by secret newcomers in-game.

And, to add my two cents, if Bandana Dee doesn't make it as a character, he could always be an assist trophy, and get a game of his own between Smash 4 and Smash 5 and possibly rise from assist trophy status like Little Mac,
Gematau was already proven wrong by Robin. He also said the trailer in June/July was gonna be Shulk, and he was wrong. Also, you can quote two things by just pressing reply on both posts.
We've yet to see any hint of Bandana Dee so far. We already have Knuckle Joe as an Assist Trophy, and throughout all of the gameplay footage from E3, Smash-Fest, and the Invitational, there's been absolutely no sign of him anywhere.
We also have not seen DDD, possibly meaning they did not want people to see the final smash or just because,possibly meaning Bandana Dee is playable or part of the final smash.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
We also have not seen DDD, possibly meaning they did not want people to see the final smash or just because,possibly meaning Bandana Dee is playable or part of the final smash.
That seems to be partially the case. However, the same thing happened to Charizard, Diddy Kong, and Peach and quite a few others.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

No worries. Only a mod can delete posts. In order to reply to multiple messages, click reply on all of the messages you would like to respond to and they should be quoted in your post. I think Gematsu doesn't have the entire picture and may have some outdated information, especially with the new threads going on in the leaks group. Either way, I'm sure there are more characters left than just Shulk or even chorus men. The rosters looking to be quite large so there's definitely room for the Bandana Dees, Ridleys, and Duck Hunt dogs...kidding

Why would people assume that Rainbow Curse isn't a retail game? Canvas Curse was amazing, though. I prefer the traditional Kirby games more as well but Canvas Curse was definitely a retail experience. Same for Captain Toad.

Banana Dee will be returning again for Kirby's next console release and his first Wii U game. If Kirby games follow the pattern of the previous console than hopefully after the experimental title, we'll get a traditional game like Return to Dreamland. Considering that the director of Return to Dreamland is interested in making a 3D Kirby game, maybe we'll see Bandana Dee again as playable in Kirby's first 3D experience. Who knows! I'm excited and hope they can translate Kirby's gameplay style into 3D.
I'm not sure. I actually had the same vibe when it came to Captain Toad. Either way, I'm still looking forward to picking both of them up.

There has been a serious lack of DDD updates. I hope he doesn't have the same final smash. I doubt Bandana Dee is going to be a part of it.

DunsparceKid

Smash Rookie
Gematau was already proven wrong by Robin. He also said the trailer in June/July was gonna be Shulk, and he was wrong. Also, you can quote two things by just pressing reply on both posts.

There are a couple of things that get me scared that Gematsu wasn't exactly debunked yet. For one, the one who said Shulk would be revealed was apparently a fake account. He never mentioned Rosalina, nor Lucina or Robin, but he did nail like 8 newcomers I think. Not to mention he got Wii Fit Trainer and nailed the name on Mii Fighters. Robin certainly does go against him, but he still has things going for him. So that's what makes me scared. Saying Chrom could either mean he's never played Awakening and doesn't know who that is, or he only has information from the character planning phase before development.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

So that leaves us with two things as a conclusion:
1. He's part of Dedede's Final Smash, similar to Robin & Chrom. Except this is unlikely due to him having Masked Dedede with an axe, like you said.

2. He's a stage hazard. Again unlikely, as there are better candidates, like Kracko or Whispy Woods for this kind of thing.

Which brings us to the final possible conclusion..

3. He's a playable character. Now, I'm sure that there are more roles he could fill, but let's face it. This is probably the most likely to happen after those two. Unless his role is like Monita or something where he helps out the players.
What if Bandana Dee replaces the Waddle Dee in King Dedede's Victory Pose?
That would be terrible XD

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Happy 401 Supporters! :D

XD
Woo! Over 400 votes for Bandana Dee's inclusion! Neat! For a character that "doesn't have any hype" I feel like people would play him! Some folks just have to see a character in action to join the buzz. I remember how little people wanted Pac-man for some reason (which is odd cause he's such an icon, I think his inclusion is awesome). Still after seeing him in action I think a lot of people were happy with his design and moves. Those on the fence about any characters that don't SEEM impressive just need to keep in mind just what Sakurai and his team can do. I'm always more astounded by the characters people don't think are needed or "fit" into smash bros cause they end up working out really well and are thus more impressive afterwards.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't hate the character, and if he's in (which I think it's very possible) I probably would play as him sometimes. But there are lots of Kirby characters that I would prefer over him... that's why I don't want to support him. But if he's in, i'm fine with it.
I can see his B+up being his propeller-spear move, and his B+dir being his spear throw move... but honestly I can't see anything interesting from the rest of the moves, just basic spear or parasol hits at all... maybe it's just me.

As for the final smash... dunno. In the recent Kirby games, Waddle dees drive any kind of mechs, especially in Return to Dreamland. One of those tanks maybe... but I don't see it much exciting as a final smash (especially after the Landmaster Spam of Brawl).

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't hate the character, and if he's in (which I think it's very possible) I probably would play as him sometimes. But there are lots of Kirby characters that I would prefer over him... that's why I don't want to support him. But if he's in, i'm fine with it.
I can see his B+up being his propeller-spear move, and his B+dir being his spear throw move... but honestly I can't see anything interesting from the rest of the moves, just basic spear or parasol hits at all... maybe it's just me.

As for the final smash... dunno. In the recent Kirby games, Waddle dees drive any kind of mechs, especially in Return to Dreamland. One of those tanks maybe... but I don't see it much exciting as a final smash (especially after the Landmaster Spam of Brawl).
Many of us agreed that Megaton Punch would be his final smash. It's really iconic to the character and I'd really like to it be a nod to his very first appearance.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Many of us agreed that Megaton Punch would be his final smash. It's really iconic to the character and I'd really like to it be a nod to his very first appearance.
I forgot about that! not a bad idea.
But I think it's better for B+down... especially since the character is missing of unique B moves, that would be a nice one (maybe with that timing minigame as well, instead of 3 steps just one).
But there is Wario as well... in Brawl he was based on Wario Ware, but if they will change his moveset, he could have a very similar move based on Warioland Shake It (without the timing minigame). dunno.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oh. I completely forgot about how they had more than one victory stance. In that case.. I'm assuming you're saying he would get the role of Doc Louis to Little Mac? If that's the case, I think he would appear in more than one victory pose because he's just that popular.

I forgot about that! not a bad idea.
But I think it's better for B+down... especially since the character is missing of unique B moves, that would be a nice one (maybe with that timing minigame as well, instead of 3 steps just one).
His Down+B is Moon Drop. It's assumed that many of his moves from Return to Dreamland would be incorporated.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
His Down+B is Moon Drop. It's assumed that many of his moves from Return to Dreamland would be incorporated.
I don't think moon drop is unique enough... as mid-air A+down maybe, it would be similar to toon link's A+down (with increased falling speed). I think Megathon Punch should be his B+down, with the 2 targets minigame - the closer the targets are when you shoot the punch, the more damage you will do to the near (or below if done mid-air) enemies... it makes a lot of sense to me, it would be fun; if the targets are perfectly matching, the damage is a lot more (critical hit).

I can see this as a possible Waddlecide move (like the Kirbycide); doing this on enemies who are trying to recover themselves, would send both of them in the pit if succesfull (but risky).

B neutral should be Dee launching himself on the enemy with his body. This because it's the way how Waddle Dees usually attack, and that's the move that Kirby would copy from him.

Last edited:

The_Best_Heropon

Smash Rookie
We not see any new Kirby things since Smash Run pictures, there must be reason...anyway sign Heropon up to support puff-puff

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
B neutral should be Dee launching himself on the enemy with his body. This because it's the way how Waddle Dees usually attack, and that's the move that Kirby would copy from him.
That could be a Dash Attack or Side Tilt, but as a Special Attack, no.
Special Attacks are usually...special, not a just a tackle, kick or punch without fire or something (except for Jigglypuff's Pound, but that's because her lack of moveset potential).

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
sorry to say this but people who say they just "can't see bandana dee working" or any character for that matter really just lack creativity

Infact, up until this point all the announced new characters are characters that we're quickly dismissed by many because they just couldn't see a moveset for them. And now we've got some of the most original, fun looking fighters

I mean did you see pac man

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
@ Shiny Porygon Shiny Porygon This might be off topic, but I was just listening to some Triple Deluxe music on Youtube and saw you in a few of the comments, lol.

sorry to say this but people who say they just "can't see bandana dee working" or any character for that matter really just lack creativity

Infact, up until this point all the announced new characters are characters that we're quickly dismissed by many because they just couldn't see a moveset for them. And now we've got some of the most original, fun looking fighters

I mean did you see pac man
Exactly, the Smash team is really stepping up their game this time in regards to the newcomers' playstyles.

I think Bandana Dee's moves can be drawn directly from his games with minor alterations and he should be good to go. What if he had an attack where he throws his spear into the ground and then the spear prevents characters from walking past it until broken?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Keep in mind they take some liberties with the attacks as well. Think of how they have Robin preform a tome she can't even use in the actual Fire Emblem game. The one where she attacks and also recovers some life. They gave her the attack because it just represents FE in general. So who knows. It can be a case where they can add something like parasol moves or something trademark to the series anyway. I'd like most of his moves to utilize his main weapon of course which is his spear.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Keep in mind they take some liberties with the attacks as well. Think of how they have Robin preform a tome she can't even use in the actual Fire Emblem game. The one where she attacks and also recovers some life. They gave her the attack because it just represents FE in general. So who knows. It can be a case where they can add something like parasol moves or something trademark to the series anyway. I'd like most of his moves to utilize his main weapon of course which is his spear.
I really don't mind what he uses as long as 2 things are present 1. the move set says " Bandana dee" 2. fun and unique moveset as long as those 2 rules stay strong we have nothing to worry about

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
@ Shiny Porygon Shiny Porygon
I think Bandana Dee's moves can be drawn directly from his games with minor alterations and he should be good to go. What if he had an attack where he throws his spear into the ground and then the spear prevents characters from walking past it until broken?
I don't know, I think that unless it was a really big spear with you being able to.choose a direction it would be as useless as Jigglypuff's sing.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
That could be a Dash Attack or Side Tilt, but as a Special Attack, no.
Special Attacks are usually...special, not a just a tackle, kick or punch without fire or something (except for Jigglypuff's Pound, but that's because her lack of moveset potential).
Yeah, but his standard moveset is already covered up by his spear. B neutral should be the most iconic move for the character because it's the move that Kirby copies (except Link who has the bow, and that sucks... why Kirby would have his sword ability hat, and use a bow instead when copying Link who is a swordman?!?). The spear is not that iconic for Bandana dee... yes it's part of the character's look but in fact he used the spear only once (in KRTD). And both Luigi and Pikachu uses body attacks as special moves, despite both of them having lot of moveset potential (in my opinion, Luigi's is almost completely unused). The only problem with this is that it's strange having a move that launches you forward as B neutral, it would have been more suited for B forward, but spear throwing already covers that move. Unlike you invert them, then Kirby would copy spear throw... don't know if fits.

He attacks you jumping at you. I think that's one of his signature moves. It should be adapted to be more powerful and to launch more forward, but I think it's fine as special move. Dee is that kind of character that would work with a body attack, in my opinion (maybe instead of jumping, more like tripping at you doing damage, kinda like Mario in Mario 64 doing jump+forward+attack);
Maybe it's not a cool move, but it's iconic for the character (anyway I think it would be a funny move).

Anyway I'd avoid giving him a parasol, he never used one, it would be forced.

slighty off topic (not even that much): wouldn't be cool if they made a remake of Kirby 64 on 3DS? It would both re-introduce Adeleine in the main cast, and at the same time, that generic Waddle Dee should be replaced with Bandana Dee, so he would finally get a full role as main character that's not just being playable for the sake of it.
They should make the gameplay a bit faster as well, and maybe give some more moves to each ability; extra modes where you can use all the main characters and some extra levels should be in as well.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yeah, but his standard moveset is already covered up by his spear. B neutral should be the most iconic move for the character because it's the move that Kirby copies (except Link who has the bow, and that sucks... why Kirby would have his sword ability hat, and use a bow instead when copying Link who is a swordman?!?). The spear is not that iconic for Bandana dee... yes it's part of the character's look but in fact he used the spear only once (in KRTD). And both Luigi and Pikachu uses body attacks as special moves, despite both of them having lot of moveset potential (in my opinion, Luigi's is almost completely unused). The only problem with this is that it's strange having a move that launches you forward as B neutral, it would have been more suited for B forward, but spear throwing already covers that move. Unlike you invert them, then Kirby would copy spear throw... don't know if fits.

He attacks you jumping at you. I think that's one of his signature moves. It should be adapted to be more powerful and to launch more forward, but I think it's fine as special move. Dee is that kind of character that would work with a body attack, in my opinion (maybe instead of jumping, more like tripping at you doing damage, kinda like Mario in Mario 64 doing jump+forward+attack);
Maybe it's not a cool move, but it's iconic for the character (anyway I think it would be a funny move).

Anyway I'd avoid giving him a parasol, he never used one, it would be forced.

slighty off topic (not even that much): wouldn't be cool if they made a remake of Kirby 64 on 3DS? It would both re-introduce Adeleine in the main cast, and at the same time, that generic Waddle Dee should be replaced with Bandana Dee, so he would finally get a full role as main character that's not just being playable for the sake of it.
They should make the gameplay a bit faster as well, and maybe give some more moves to each ability; extra modes where you can use all the main characters and some extra levels should be in as well.
I think K64 is a cute game but it's honestly not my favorite Kirby game. Even though those suggestions would improve the game A LOT I doubt they will happen. The thing about dreamland games 2, 3, and 64 is that they're all a particular style reflective of their director Shinichi Shimomura. I really don't care for his vision of the Kirby games too much. I find that they strip Kirby of his ability to figure things out with his own powers by just distributing them to animal friends. He also destroys Kirby's mobility a lot so the only comfortable way to move is finding and holding on to a particular friend because other wise Kirby moves like he's got bricks in his shoes. In K64 he doesn't even get that, he gets Ado on his team and Dedede but just stays moving slow for the whole game. X_x The game I like the best in that set of Shinichi Shimomura titles is Dreamland 2 and it's honestly before Ado even makes her appearance. I also feel like Ado is more of a creation of Shinichi Shimomura and not a character that Sakurai would ever canonly put in his own game and why she doesn't show up anymore in the games inspired by his title. Sakurai was strict with the creation of the Kirby anime when he said "no human characters" and I honestly think that was part of his whole vision for the Kirby series. So I'm really apprehensive about Adeleine's characer. She's cute and I like the introduction of a female character but I never felt she quite fit in and it's no coincidence that she only appears in those games directed by Shinichi. Honesly the games directed by Shinichi sometimes to me feel like an alternative universe to Sakurai's/Shinya's games. If they did do a remake of 64 I would be more compelled to get it if they did fix the speed of Kirby and added moves but I doubt they would take a trademark Shinichi game and change his vision completely to Shinya's, just because. Plus it would probably bother some fans of the original who happen to like it's characteristics.

I also don't think the Waddle Dee present in that game is Bandana Dee at all but another Waddle Dee.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I don't know, I think that unless it was a really big spear with you being able to.choose a direction it would be as useless as Jigglypuff's sing.
I was thinking he could aim the spear and throw it forward. Then it sticks in the ground so that it would be a unique and useful projectile.

To be fair, isn't it possible for Robin to use dark magic in the game.
BIG SPOILER
He is Grima after all.

However, I agree with your point. Some characters such as Captain Falcon use moves that have nothing to do with their games while characters such as Pikachu use moves that other pokemon or characters in their franchise use.

I don't think Bandana Dee should use a parasol. The spear chopper is the perfect up B. People will probably think he's more of a generic enemy if he's using their weapons.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think K64 is a cute game but it's honestly not my favorite Kirby game. Even though those suggestions would improve the game A LOT I doubt they will happen. The thing about dreamland games 2, 3, and 64 is that they're all a particular style reflective of their director Shinichi Shimomura. I really don't care for his vision of the Kirby games too much. I find that they strip Kirby of his ability to figure things out with his own powers by just distributing them to animal friends. He also destroys Kirby's mobility a lot so the only comfortable way to move is finding and holding on to a particular friend because other wise Kirby moves like he's got bricks in his shoes. In K64 he doesn't even get that, he gets Ado on his team and Dedede but just stays moving slow for the whole game. X_x The game I like the best in that set of Shinichi Shimomura titles is Dreamland 2 and it's honestly before Ado even makes her appearance. I also feel like Ado is more of a creation of Shinichi Shimomura and not a character that Sakurai would ever canonly put in his own game and why she doesn't show up anymore in the games inspired by his title. Sakurai was strict with the creation of the Kirby anime when he said "no human characters" and I honestly think that was part of his whole vision for the Kirby series. So I'm really apprehensive about Adeleine's characer. She's cute and I like the introduction of a female character but I never felt she quite fit in and it's no coincidence that she only appears in those games directed by Shinichi. Honesly the games directed by Shinichi sometimes to me feel like an alternative universe to Sakurai's/Shinya's games. If they did do a remake of 64 I would be more compelled to get it if they did fix the speed of Kirby and added moves but I doubt they would take a trademark Shinichi game and change his vision completely to Shinya's, just because. Plus it would probably bother some fans of the original who happen to like it's characteristics.

I also don't think the Waddle Dee present in that game is Bandana Dee at all but another Waddle Dee.
That's true, those games feel like an alternate universe to the main games, but there are some fans (like me) who prefer that alternate universe. I think keep forgetting of those games is unfair for those fans, and it's also a bad move creating 2 multiple separate branches of the same franchise (SEGA suffers of this issue with Sonic and they demonstrated in many years to be unable to find a way to fix it). I think the best solution is to blend those 2 universes into one, redesigning what needs to be redesigned to fit into it, but without scrapping anything. They did it very well with Kirby Triple Deluxe, it's a first step, but I think that more should be done.

Anyway, Kirby in KDL3 has the best mobility in my opinion, he's fast, he preserves the run after a jump, his slide is very long, and he can break blocks with the head. in comparison, Triple Deluxe's Kirby feels like a brick, really. Kirby in 64 is so slow that makes the game irritating at times instead, I know that the game would be a lot better if they remake its engine with better mobility.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't think Bandana Dee should use a parasol. The spear chopper is the perfect up B. People will probably think he's more of a generic enemy if he's using their weapons.
I agree. I think his special can be his spear toss and his up special can be his spear chopper. HM. I'll keep thinking about his moveset. I've been wanting to draw it out but I have yet to do it.

That's true, those games feel like an alternate universe to the main games, but there are some fans (like me) who prefer that alternate universe. I think keep forgetting of those games is unfair for those fans, and it's also a bad move creating 2 multiple separate branches of the same franchise (SEGA suffers of this issue with Sonic and they demonstrated in many years to be unable to find a way to fix it). I think the best solution is to blend those 2 universes into one, redesigning what needs to be redesigned to fit into it, but without scrapping anything. They did it very well with Kirby Triple Deluxe, it's a first step, but I think that more should be done.

Anyway, Kirby in KDL3 has the best mobility in my opinion, he's fast, he preserves the run after a jump, his slide is very long, and he can break blocks with the head. in comparison, Triple Deluxe's Kirby feels like a brick, really. Kirby in 64 is so slow that makes the game irritating at times instead, I know that the game would be a lot better if they remake its engine with better mobility.
Oh god DL3 mobility is my least favorite. That ridiculous pose after every jump, slowing me down. I have to disagree. Mobility was best in DL2 and went down hill from there. Recent games have been slow but NOT as slow as the last Dreamland games.

I dunno I like the direction that Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe are taking. It's got the 3D going and it's NOT too fast probably to please and keep in style of the dreamland game while not being TOO SLOW. Return to Dreamland seems a bit slower than Triple Deluxe, but I think the controls are the best and smoothest in Triple Deluxe.

edit: From what I remember you can break blocks with your head in Return to Dreamland. I doubt that's not the case in Triple Deluxe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly related to Bandana Dee in Smash, but I got Super Star Ultra the other week, finally made it to "Revenge of the King" Tonight, I could hardly bring myself to attack Bandana Dee xD
in the end my helper (wheelie) didn't have such a hindrance so he quickly knocked the poor fuzz ball away :'(
Then I fought Masked Dedede while Bandana Dee watched. (I won)
Super Star Ultra has been a lot of fun, although when playing Milky Way Wishes you get too used to having the copy essence deluxes so switching to a different game makes you feel powerless xD
also Yo-Yo is now one of my favourite abilities, I hope they bring it back in a future game :) (my other fave abilities are Bell, Circus, Archer, Beetle, Wing, Leaf, Wheel, and of course SPEAR!)

EDIT: OMG 5000th post, this is an awesome achievement for our group, and I feel special for getting it :D
If 5000 posts and 400+ Supporters doesn't show that there is demand and hype for Bandana Dee then nothing does!
Here's to MANY more posts dedicated to "Everyone's Idol" :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom