• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Servine

Smash Cadet
I don't know about you guys, but I really liked the recent Paper Mario and N's Castle stages. They're from two of my favorite franchises, so I'm pretty happy.
On topic now, I don't think Sakurai will have a character reveal early on in August. It's looking more and more likely that if Bandana Dee gets in, he's going to be a secret character. Sakurai seems to be more the kind to reveal a character alongside, say, a game release, which is why Rosalina was revealed right around 3D World's release date and Toon Link around WWHD, etc.
At this point, either he's revealed in the August direct or he's not revealed at all until the Japanese release.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking that the next reveal is potentially going to be Shulk or someone from Rhythm Heaven...

If Bandana Dee is in, he might get in as a secret character. Though, I'm still surprised that Meta Knight hasn't entered the battlefield yet. Where is he?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Though, I'm still surprised that Meta Knight hasn't entered the battlefield yet. Where is he?
In the game as a playable character.

Where else would he be?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Of course Meta Knight is in, I'm just questioning why Sakurai hasn't shown him and Wario off yet.
Perhaps he just hasn't had a good chance to.

Or maybe he's saving them to reveal near release. Those two are rather popular characters, if I recall. They could be good for last-minute hype builders.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
They're announcing Meta Knight with his series brethren, of course. :p

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm just hoping atleast Meta Knight is revealed sometime in August.
Because my birthday's in August
andIcan'tstoptellingeveryoneaboutit
I'msorryI'mexcited.

Last edited:

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
Am I the only person who can actual see Meta Knight Being cut?
*Is Punched in the face* :teeth:
Okay hear me out! Meta Knight was probably the most controversial character in brawl, Maybe Sakurai cut him to avoid more Controversy? I hope not though

I kinda used him :p

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't think MetaKnight will be cut, he's still one of the most important characters of Kirby. He was broken in Brawl, and that game in general was extremely unbalanced; if that's the problem, I think they will just extremely nerf him or redesign him completely. The fact that he's not announced yet concerns me though. I'm not a supporter of Dee (because I prefer Adeleine and they're direct rivals XD) but I definitely would like a 4th Kirby character... the problem is that, since MK is not announced, I fear that he will be unlockable this time, and they could use this as excuse to not add any other Kirby character... I hope to be wrong.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Ehh...why?
Well, I suppose it wouldn't exactly hurt his chances, but wouldn't you prefer he get announced at the same time as Bandana Dee? Just like Charizard and Greninja, Robin/Lucina and Captain Falcon. Veteran first, then a newcomer.

And in the case that Meta Knight is actually in the same series as Bandana Dee, it would fit perfectly. I could be wrong though. I'm sort of half-expecting that Bandana Dee has a slight chance of being revealed this Sunday for the Kirby's Dream Land anniversary and Sakurai's birthday?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Okay hear me out! Meta Knight was probably the most controversial character in brawl, Maybe Sakurai cut him to avoid more Controversy? I hope not though

A nerf would be a better solution XD

D

Deleted member

Despite how controversial and overpowered Meta Knight was in Brawl, he is still a very popular and iconic Kirby character. Before the game was in development, Meta Knight was on conceptual artwork for this game. Also, the Halberd, his signature battleship, is returning as a stage in this game; I doubt that his stage will return and not him.

I think that Sakurai will make an effort to nerf him. Why put in no effort to do so and cut him?

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Why do people want my :metaknight: to be cut? :cry:

I have him in his plushiest form right here in front of my monitor.

Don't worry Sir Meta Knight people still love you.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Metaknight's not going to be cut. He was featured in a whiteboard drawing created by the staff that is working on this game. Why include him in a drawing about the very game you're working on if he's not in the darn game? I'm more concerned for Bandana Dee who should make it in. He's been a lot more relevant of all the Kirby characters in most of the recent games. He deserves to be the 4th rep. He's also first introduced in Sakurai's own Kirby Super Star. I'm sure he'd have more of a connection with said character than any of the minor characters featured in the Kirby games he didn't direct.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Why do people want my :metaknight: to be cut? :cry:

I have him in his plushiest form right here in front of my monitor.

Don't worry Sir Meta Knight people still love you.
I have two MK plush, Dedede Plush, 2 Waddle Dee plush, and a lot of Kirby plush xD I love them too. So cute....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l6lsvRXfKE&list=UU5jS_s8fFjXisv4V0CLs5kw (can see some of my collection here)

I wish there was a Bandana Dee plush but I guess I could just make one of my Waddle Dees into him.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I got this MK from a friend. I used to have mirror kirby, but I think my dog ate him or something. :/ Now if only they had Plasma Wisp plush toys.

D

Deleted member

I have a Kirby plush and a Meta Knight plush in my room. I would love to have a plush of King Dedede and Bandana Dee. (even though the latter doesn't exist :()

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
So I've been playing Path of Radiance, and I happened to notice something...

These two nearly pose the same way! Kind of a happy coincidence that two spear wielders that wear blue on their heads share the same pose. (Granted, they're using their opposite arms...:p)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
There's going to be an trailer featuring Bandana Dee and Meta Knight having an epic battle. Duh! :p

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Regarding next weeks Hyrule Warriors Direct (which should be AWESOME) I think that we MAY get a second direct a little later in the month, since the Hyrule Warriors Direct is only being streamed in the US and Europe, whereas I'm pretty sure major directs happen worldwide. so it's possible the Hyrule Warriors Direct is something small, more like the Tomodachi Life Direct from a few months back. so maybe we'll get a proper generic Direct later in the month that will reveal some newcomers and veterans (hopefully a certain Bandana wearing spear wielding ball of fluff will be announced)
although.. I've been a little pessimistic about his chances the last few days.... but I'm going to keep hoping.
also now I really want a waddle dee plush. so I can then give him a bandana x3

KillerPanda4717

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-4523-2222
If Bandanna Dee is in he will most likely be a secret character. He just doesn't have enough hype around him to warrant a trailer.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If Bandanna Dee is in he will most likely be a secret character. He just doesn't have enough hype around him to warrant a trailer.
But Meta Knight does. So it makes sense if he is revealed alongside one of the most popular newcomers in Brawl.

KillerPanda4717

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-4523-2222
But Meta Knight does. So it makes sense if he is revealed alongside one of the most popular newcomers in Brawl.
That's entirely possible. But there's no way he's getting his own trailer entirely focused on him.

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
ofcourse meta knight's back.

i think he's getting a bit of a overhaul this time around, think of it like bowser.
i guess you could say nerfed, but also buffed up for the right reasons\
different for lack of better words

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wat.
Every newcomer will have a trailer...and also, not enough hype?

LOL

Is obvious that a veteran would be revealed with Bandana Dee, but the reason is because Sakurai doesn't have enough time to reveal all the important characters before release, not because a character doesn't have "enough hype", or are you saying that Captain Falcon was in the Robin's trailer because Robin doesn't have hype?

I have a Kirby plush and a Meta Knight plush in my room. I would love to have a plush of King Dedede and Bandana Dee. (even though the latter doesn't exist :()
106570349_thumbnail.jpg

:awesome: XD

Last edited:

KillerPanda4717

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-4523-2222
Wat.
Every newcomer will have a trailer...and also, not enough hype?

Not every newcomer got a trailer for brawl. Plus we know there are only like two more trailers left so it would be in there best interests to generate lots of hype with the remaining trailers.

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I just wanna say I fully support Bandana dee in Smash! Also I have a trailer idea: You see Jigglypuff fighting Meta Knight on the halbred when the ship is attacked and crashes in cookie country. Meta Knight looks up and sees a flash as Ridley flies down and attacks followed by the reveal splash. You then get gameplay footage of Ridley fighting Meta knight, Kirby, and others. Then, a Meta Knight gets blasted back when Bandana Dee appears and points his spear at Ridley and gameplay is shown. In the after credits scene you see Kirby walk up casually and is shocked at seeing the fight

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice

i don't know if you guys brought this up to attention yet with all this talk about stages, but as probably many of you heard in april direct; there's a new green greens composition.

for this means that one of the new kirby stages would probably be a ''generic'' grass land stage. maybe its a re-edtion of green greens, maybe it's cookie country or it could even be be a non grass land stage like mt. dedede/castle dedede or bubble clouds

i'd be so down for bubbly clouds with kracko boss hazard

but no this probably will play on a grass land stage kind of area becuase kirby is best known for that

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Although I doubt anything will major will get announced, Nintendo has announced both versions of Smash will be at Gamescom in Germany. It starts August 13th. Maybe he'll get revealed there? Is Kirby popular in Europe? :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Hiya,guys. Just to came here to show my support to Bandana Dee! He's so cute and awesome that the thought of him making it in excites me!:bluejump:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
If he does make it in, I'm going to log in to my GameFAQs account for the first time in years just to be smug towards them. :smirk:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Although I doubt anything will major will get announced, Nintendo has announced both versions of Smash will be at Gamescom in Germany. It starts August 13th. Maybe he'll get revealed there? Is Kirby popular in Europe? :p
Kirby Return to Dreamland is pretty popular here (Netherlands)

So maybe we will see him there.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Someone mentioned the Lor StarCutter as a stage and I think that would be cool idea. I'd like a neat stage with the Lor StarCutter moving in the background as the characters move through space and another dmension. A galactic battle would just be cool.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is quite popular in England. Can't say for the rest of the UK though.

Top Bottom