• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Oh not you guys too. Can't we just enjoy Bandana Dee without these leaks

Don't make me grab the Miiverse drawing of Bandana Dee fixing the plumbing. I'll do it!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So...guys, what do you think about this new "leak"?
It doesn't include Bandana Dee.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/
ugh I"m not interested in leaks at all. There's no way I'm going to trust these things. I'd like info from the source itself directly. Nothing else to complicate things, get our hopes up, or disappoint us. Just let things reveal as the developers want things to.

I finished the main story of Triple Deluxe and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The new abilities were different and fun to use. I think I may have used the Circus and Archer abilities the most. I'll be vague as to avoid spoilers but the DDD fight was one of the best. DDD was my most wanted character for Brawl by the way. I always look forward to new iterations of his theme and Masked DDD needs to be in smash.

Hmm.. I should probably get more on topic and tie it into Bandana Dee. Honestly, I used to be opposed to him as a playable character. I figured there were more important characters to be added to the roster. I know, completely subjective. However, as time has gone on I've become more indifferent and wouldn't really mind if Bandana Dee got in. Actually I'd prefer him over most characters since I'm such a big Kirby fan. More Kirby representation is never a bad thing.

Now onto some aspects of Triple Deluxe relating to Bandana Dee:

There's one hyper nova level where you go big bad wolf Kirby and blow houses down. (One of the best levels in the game). At the end you fight a tower with three waddle dees. I don't say this very often but their reactions are the cutest thing. As you damage the tower, the Dees begin to panic and then run around. I may find a video of that as it is great. Not really Bandana Dee but it is a way of showing the expressiveness of the species.

This one is a spoiler:

During the final boss, I thought Bandana Dee was going to save Kirby instead of DDD. Anyone else? After all, the King was knocked out after getting destroyed by Kirby.

Last thing, using the spear ability to fly around was more fun than it should have been. If Bandana Dee translates into Smash with that move then I will gladly spam it in casual matches.

The atmosphere of this thread is quite different than the Shulk thread. (I spend most of my time there). Feels good to be talking in another community though.
Oh god is Triple Deluxe such a great Kirby game. I'm completing my second file for the game at 100%. I could go on with all that is good about TD but I won't.

I haven't been to the Shulk threads at all even though I support his inclusion. I think Bandana Dee deserves my support more and I'm a bigger Kirby fan than anything (even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE Xenoblade Chronicles). I just feel like the Kirby franchise doesn't get the cred and interest it deserves cause it's so cute and welcoming. A lot of people find Shulk appealing even though I'm sure a bulk of the supporters may have not even played the game since it's a Wii title. Probably most because "he looks like he'd be a cool fighter" which translates to "his design is rad and badass with the hero and his cool saber sword" and it's hard for cute little Bandana Dee to compete against that, LOL. He's my little underdog. I'd like to see if he'd make it in. Especially because there isn't as much excitement for him as maybe Ridley or Shulk, but it would make it more surprising.

Last edited:

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
ugh I"m not interested in leaks at all. There's no way I'm going to trust these things. I'd like info from the source itself directly. Nothing else to complicate things, get our hopes up, or disappoint us. Just let things reveal as the developers want things to.

Oh god is Triple Deluxe such a great Kirby game. I'm completing my second file for the game at 100%. I could go on with all that is good about TD but I don't.
I haven't played triple deluxe yet, I gotta pick it up x_x

Is Bandanna dee Playable in it? Or is there just a spear ability Kirby can get

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

unfortunately he's not playable in this game. He is in Return to Dreamland but in Triple Deluxe there is no multiplayer in the main mode. He's ally and will toss you food and also gives you keychains and items with street pass.

Neo Zero

Hey wewewezing, your roomie still alive?

No, he just gives you healing items while you play through. Which is more than anyone can say about Meta Knight. It's really good tho, totally worth the 40 or w/e dollars

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
It's strange, I can't explain to anyone why I want Bandanna Dee so much, but god help me, he's slowly becoming my most wanted newcomer. I don't have a lot of hope for him, but I do have some.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
It's strange, I can't explain to anyone why I want Bandanna Dee so much, but god help me, he's slowly becoming my most wanted newcomer. I don't have a lot of hope for him, but I do have some.
its the bandana dee virus submit to it, SUBMIT. you cant escape the DEE wait that came out wrong.....

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
Hey wewewezing, your roomie still alive?

No, he just gives you healing items while you play through. Which is more than anyone can say about Meta Knight. It's really good tho, totally worth the 40 or w/e dollars
He's still alive last I checked :p But he doesn't really talk to me much xD

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Oh, look! Another New Stage and still no Kirby Stage! :rolleyes:
I wonder why??? Oh ya, there is a direct this monday... The day after sakurai's b-day. Meaning??? But, I feel like tomorrow's Potd may be a kirby stage to correspond with the anniversary. I sure hope not, or my morale will fall like an anchor. Not that I will doubt his inclusion, but makes me less sure of myself.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder why??? Oh ya, there is a direct this monday... The day after sakurai's b-day. Meaning??? But, I feel like tomorrow's Potd may be a kirby stage to correspond with the anniversary. I sure hope not, or my morale will fall like an anchor. Not that I will doubt his inclusion, but makes me less sure of myself.
Wait....What's this I'm hearing about a Direct on Monday?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh, look! Another New Stage and still no Kirby Stage! :rolleyes:
We'll probably see the Kirby franchise's stage sooner or later. We've been getting new stage announcements consistently lately.

EDIT:
Now watch as your clamoring for a Kirby stage potentially disconfirms Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Don't get your hopes up for a newcomer. It's a Hyrule Warriors direct, and if any Newcomer happens, it's gonna be a Zelda newcomer.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
We have gotten lots of stages this week. tomorrow is Kirby's dreamland anniversary... We are prob getting a kirby stage tomorrow :/
Will it be a Kirby stage though? Even though it's the anniversary of Kirby's Dreamland for the US and other countries, Kirby's Dreamland actually came out much earlier in Japan. So would a Kirby stage be announced during the anniversary date for the US? I dunno. Probably not than.

I have my doubts.

Release date(s) Game Boy
  • JP April 27, 1992

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Don't get your hopes up for a newcomer. It's a Hyrule Warriors direct, and if any Newcomer happens, it's gonna be a Zelda newcomer.
Don't go shooting your mouth off quite yet ;)

When there are directs, there are often for more than one game. Just cause they haven't been announced yet, doesn't mean there wont be. When we were told about the Robin reveal trailer, it was a friday, happening on monday. Will this happen again???

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Will it be a Kirby stage though? Even though it's the anniversary of Kirby's Dreamland for the US and other countries, Kirby's Dreamland actually came out much earlier in Japan. So would a Kirby stage be announced during the anniversary date for the US? I dunno. Probably not than.

I have my doubts.

Release date(s) Game Boy
  • JP April 27, 1992
I hope you're right. I don't want a kirby stage revealed tomorrow. Let it be saved until the bandana dee reveal ;)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I hope you're right. I don't want a kirby stage revealed tomorrow. Let it be saved until the bandana dee reveal ;)
Why would people think the reveal of a stage will deconfirm Bandana Dee though? Wasn't there a Pokemon stage reveal before Greninja ever showed up? As well as reveal of FE stage before Robin and Lucina showed up? I don't remember now but I legit don't understand the concern unless there's some pattern of reveal I don't understand.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Why would people think the reveal of a stage will deconfirm Bandana Dee though? Wasn't there a Pokemon stage reveal before Greninja ever showed up? As well as reveal of FE stage before Robin and Lucina showed up? I don't remember now but I legit don't understand the concern unless there's some pattern of reveal I don't understand.
That's true, but NOT getting a stage just helps the chances more imo.

Neo Zero

Wait wait wait.

Two directs? Where's the proof of the second one?

Maybe Bandana Dee can live : D

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Wow this direct is late in the evening which is good for me because I working during the day. I've been luckly all year with smsh bros announcements xD theyve all been announced during my time off.

That's true, but NOT getting a stage just helps the chances more imo.
If you say so. Though if we should go by the pattern of all those revealed for already represented franchises, than they've all had a stage reveal prior? Hopefully the withholding of Kirby stage information isn't indicative of the opposite.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Whispy Woods, Queen Sectonia, and Kracko are all potential characters that were MADE to be stage hazards. They probably will be one instead.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
It's almost August! We're nearing the home stretch. We'll know the whole roster soon, so let's hold out!

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Huh.

Still, I don't recommend keeping your hopes up until we at least have a confirmation for anything not Hyrule Warriors.
Why would we only get a hyrule warriors direct? Thinks the last set of directs b4 the japan release, and we still have a couple new character reveals needed. There are still new modes that haven't been even touched on, and the widespan of character customization to talk about. Amiibos are also a thing. It might be just a smash 3ds direct, who knows?

Hyrule warriors doesn't deserve a whole month to itself, sorry.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
2 Directs in August?
...August 26th Direct plz
I want a good Birthday Present
I got nothing last year

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
August 4th is a day after Sakurai's Birthday. Maybe Bandana Dee will slip through in a small segment.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
August 4th is a day after Sakurai's Birthday. Maybe Bandana Dee will slip through in a small segment.
And the Kirby's Dream Land release for North America on August 1st. A.K.A. Tomorrow.

Hopefully Meta Knight doesn't get announced tonight, as that would hurt BD's chances. Then again, they always could pull another announcement of a trailer by itself like with Robin. So, we'll see. Fridays are always the most interesting POTD's, typically. And for it to collide with all these special events? Something has to happen.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And the Kirby's Dream Land release for North America on August 1st. A.K.A. Tomorrow.
Hi Meta Knight bb-
Hopefully Meta Knight doesn't get announced tonight, as that would hurt BD's chances.
Oh, OK. I can wai-
Then again, they always could pull another announcement of a trailer by itself like with Robin. So, we'll see. Fridays are always the most interesting POTD's, typically. And for it to collide with all these special events? Something has to happen.
...*derp*

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I want Dee to be revealed along with Krystal,Meta knight, and Falco and maybe Wolf.Maybe a trailer sorta based around the Halbred Vs The Great Fox.It would be cool to see and we get two newcomers and the return of meta knight, falco and wolf

Top Bottom