• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Not exactly related to Bandana Dee in Smash, but I got Super Star Ultra the other week, finally made it to "Revenge of the King" Tonight, I could hardly bring myself to attack Bandana Dee xD
in the end my helper (wheelie) didn't have such a hindrance so he quickly knocked the poor fuzz ball away :'(
Then I fought Masked Dedede while Bandana Dee watched. (I won)
Super Star Ultra has been a lot of fun, although when playing Milky Way Wishes you get too used to having the copy essence deluxes so switching to a different game makes you feel powerless xD
also Yo-Yo is now one of my favourite abilities, I hope they bring it back in a future game :) (my other fave abilities are Bell, Circus, Archer, Beetle, Wing, Leaf, Wheel, and of course SPEAR!)
I LOVE YO-YO POWER. I dream till this day they bring that power back. The spinning dash attack that Kirby Has in Smash Bros Brawl actually comes from the Yo Yo ability x_x Yet it does not return. (It's needs to be on a list of powers that need to return like Water)

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
They should make a "Speed" Kirby copy ability o: And I think the parasol should only be used on Bandana Dee's grabs. Circus throw for up throw, parasol drill for down throw, and a big whack from the parasol for forward and back throws. :p

Oh, and yay happy 5000 posts guys! It's great to see how fast we're growing :D

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Warning Received

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAKURAIII!!!!!!!!!

They should make a "Speed" Kirby copy ability o: And I think the parasol should only be used on Bandana Dee's grabs. Circus throw for up throw, parasol drill for down throw, and a big whack from the parasol for forward and back throws. :p

Oh, and yay happy 5000 posts guys! It's great to see how fast we're growing :D
Instead of making speed a copy ability they could just go back to how Kirby Super Star was and how Kirby moved and that would work. If you make it a copy ability and there'd be no fun with using the other copy abilities in a speed run. (also wheelie, technically)

Yay! happy over 5000 posts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oh god DL3 mobility is my least favorite. That ridiculous pose after every jump, slowing me down. I have to disagree. Mobility was best in DL2 and went down hill from there. Recent games have been slow but NOT as slow as the last Dreamland games.

I dunno I like the direction that Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe are taking. It's got the 3D going and it's NOT too fast probably to please and keep in style of the dreamland game while not being TOO SLOW. Return to Dreamland seems a bit slower than Triple Deluxe, but I think the controls are the best and smoothest in Triple Deluxe.

edit: From what I remember you can break blocks with your head in Return to Dreamland. I doubt that's not the case in Triple Deluxe.

I never had any problem with the pose after jumps, I never noticed it. Probably because I always run and while running that pose will not happen. If there is any problem in KDL3's gameplay, it's due to the camera system, that often does not follow up the character very well, but that's all to me. I appreciated very much how that game changes completely depending on the animal you're riding, and my favorite side mission is the one where you have to bring the hamster to the end of the level, jumping on walls and on enemies and without being able to fly; it feels almost like a Mario game.
The games that follow the Superstar formula have many abilities with their moveset, but they're all similar, like a fighting game... I really liked how changing the ability would change completely the approach to the game in the Dreamland games.

I also like the direction of Triple deluxe, it's clearly trying to merge the two separate universes as I said before. The art style was generic in KRTD, in KTD the art style is a lot better, and depending on the level it resembles more Superstar or the Dreamland games... it's the closest thing to the Dreamland games after, maybe Canvas Curse (Old Odissey being the closest set of levels). And it's not just the art style, the level design also, Kirby breaks the blocks with the jump again (honestly I can't remember if it was possible in KRTD, but If I remember well, I think it was not possible, probably I'm wrong), there are many references to the Dreamland games, enemies, keychains, Kirby Fighters stages... it's the first game after many years that actually considers the existence of those games.
What I don't like of the recent Kirby games are the super abilities, they're slow and boring just like some powers of Kirby 64.

I'm sad about the art style of Rainbow Curse; while I like the clay thing, I don't thing that alone is enough to make a good art style. The color palette, the environments, the patterns... it looks like all the progresses made with Triple Deluxe are gone in favor of generic grasslands, hills and, rainbows just because it's Kirby. :( but at least the gameplay will be cool, as Canvas Curse was.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I never had any problem with the pose after jumps, I never noticed it. Probably because I always run and while running that pose will not happen. If there is any problem in KDL3's gameplay, it's due to the camera system, that often does not follow up the character very well, but that's all to me. I appreciated very much how that game changes completely depending on the animal you're riding, and my favorite side mission is the one where you have to bring the hamster to the end of the level, jumping on walls and on enemies and without being able to fly; it feels almost like a Mario game.
The games that follow the Superstar formula have many abilities with their moveset, but they're all similar, like a fighting game... I really liked how changing the ability would change completely the approach to the game in the Dreamland games.

I also like the direction of Triple deluxe, it's clearly trying to merge the two separate universes as I said before. The art style was generic in KRTD, in KTD the art style is a lot better, and depending on the level it resembles more Superstar or the Dreamland games... it's the closest thing to the Dreamland games after, maybe Canvas Curse (Old Odissey being the closest set of levels). And it's not just the art style, the level design also, Kirby breaks the blocks with the jump again (honestly I can't remember if it was possible in KRTD, but If I remember well, I think it was not possible, probably I'm wrong), there are many references to the Dreamland games, enemies, keychains, Kirby Fighters stages... it's the first game after many years that actually considers the existence of those games.
What I don't like of the recent Kirby games are the super abilities, they're slow and boring just like some powers of Kirby 64.

I'm sad about the art style of Rainbow Curse; while I like the clay thing, I don't thing that alone is enough to make a good art style. The color palette, the environments, the patterns... it looks like all the progresses made with Triple Deluxe are gone in favor of generic grasslands, hills and, rainbows just because it's Kirby. :( but at least the gameplay will be cool, as Canvas Curse was.
Well I can't agree I enjoyed DL3 as much. It's a cute game but I didn't care for it's pace, having single moves which removed depth and action elements of KSS, those horrid mini games required to get the rainbow pieces. The ones that relied on guessing what color or gordo just quickly flashed against the screen. Which if you mess up you had to go back into the level again and do all over again until you did get it right. I think the Dreamland games look pretty and all but I just still rather have games with movesets, no friends to rely on when having movesets is fine enough design to add different playstyles pretty much making them obsolete. They're cute games for what they are. I still like them. I think they're more platform driven and that's why Kirby's speed/ flying ability is so nerfed in them, so as to having you platforming more vs the more action style of KSS style games. So if folks like that, it's cool. I just rather not go back in that direction ever again. The thing about movesets is that they take Kirby's powers to the next level by adding variety and more ways to preform arena runs for challenge or speed a level which is extra fun you can have in a Kirby game. Taking that out and going back to those style of games, really feels like a step back imo. Art style is cool and all but Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe looked GORGEOUS. Especially Triple Deluxe with it's rich background and great use of 3D. It may not have a gimmicky art style like Canvas Curse or Dreamland 3 but it looked great to me. I'm more concerned about the games retaining movesets than changing the art style. That's just my priority, personally.

I think they SHOULD make a K64 HD remake though. So many people ask for it that I think they should just do it for those fans.

Edit: Also you making the criticism that all KSS style games play the same as a fighter, I can easily say that all Dreamland inspired games play the same as a basic plaformer. So whatever.

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
guys I think there will be 1 or 2 more weeks till a general direct lets cross our fingers for BD

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
guys I think there will be 1 or 2 more weeks till a general direct lets cross our fingers for BD
There's also a chance we could get a veteran this week. And I'm not going to say it, because it's completely possible.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm a mess until this game comes out. I can't even look at my other games right now, LOL I just need to know what will be in this game so I can decide if I have to save up or not.

There's no official date or time for the august Smash Direct but people are assuming it'll happen soon. Here's hoping!!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Guys, I need help with this problem of mine. I have already pre-ordered smash 3DS and I have 100$ left that I am willing to spend on video games. I don't have a wii u yet and I want to get one. However, there is also this amazing free game called smite that I really like (You should check it out. It's pretty cool. Especially if you are in to mythology.). It has a 25$ game pack where that I can unlock all characters instantly and get all of the characters that come out as soon as they come out. This takes absolutely forever to do without the pack, but I am wandering if I should buy the pack first and then get a wii u, or if I should just save up for a wii u and unlock the characters one-by-one in smite. Note: I care a little more about smite than getting a wii u, but it is troubling because I don't know if I should pay that much money for something that I can get for free as time passes.

Sorry for going so off topic, but I couldn't think of anyone else to ask this than you, since you are probably big gamers and I sort of trust the people here more than most other people on the internet.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I need help with this problem of mine. I have already pre-ordered smash 3DS and I have 100$ left that I am willing to spend on video games. I don't have a wii u yet and I want to get one. However, there is also this amazing free game called smite that I really like (You should check it out. It's pretty cool. Especially if you are in to mythology.). It has a 25$ game pack where that I can unlock all characters instantly and get all of the characters that come out as soon as they come out. This takes absolutely forever to do without the pack, but I am wandering if I should buy the pack first and then get a wii u, or if I should just save up for a wii u and unlock the characters one-by-one in smite. Note: I care a little more about smite than getting a wii u, but it is troubling because I don't know if I should pay that much money for something that I can get for free as time passes.

Sorry for going so off topic, but I couldn't think of anyone else to ask this than you, since you are probably big gamers and I sort of trust the people here more than most other people on the internet.
I am a fellow Smite player (I am great with Cupid), and I would recommend buying the wii u. You should try all of the characters and find a style you like. Watch the god reveal videos to learn about the diffrent gods you can get, and use your cash towards a character you want.
Back on topic,how do you think some move variations could be for Bandana Dee? I think one could be instead of using the spearcopter, he uses an umbrella.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I guess i will support Bandana Dee too.
I love the Kirby games and Bandana Dee would be a very unique character.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandana Dee Moveset ?.0: Added Custom Variation and New Side-B and D-Air.

Stats:
Weight: 79 (Metaknight, Pikachu)
Jumps: 2
Falling Speed: 1.22 (Luigi)
Air Speed: 0.893 (Falco)
Dash Speed: 1.37 (Squirtle)
Gravity: 0.065 (R.O.B.)

Neutrals:

(Jab): BD swings his spear horizontally. (4%)
(Jab Combo): BD repeatedly stabs his spear forward dealing damage until the button is released. (Infx1%)
(F-Tilt): BD extends his arm and stabs with his spear. Has decent hitstun. (7%)
(D-Tilt): BD pokes is spear forward close to the ground. (5%)
(U-Tilt): BD quickly stabs his spear upwards. (5%)

Smashes:

(F-Smash): BD takes out a parasol and twirls it forwards hitting multiple times. Low knockback. (8x2%)
(D-Smash): BD does a Parasol Twirl like in the Kirby Games. It is similar to Pikachu's D-Smash. (4x3%)
(Up-Smash): BD pokes an unopened Parasol upwards and pops it open. High knockback. (13%)

Aerials:

(Nair): BD twirls his spear similar to Pit's Nair. (4x2%)
(Bair): BD swings his spear backwards, has decent knockback. (7%)
(Fair): BD does a full overhead swing of his spear. At the tip it hits a meteor smash. (9%, 13% Sweet Spot)
(Uair): BD stabs his spear upwards multiple times with nice stun, but little knockback. (3x3%)
(Dair): BD plunges his spear into the ground. The sweet spot at the tip of the spear knocks enemies straight downward. (4%, 16% Sweet Spot.)

Grabs:
Grab is the Circus throw from the Kirby games.
(Pummel): BD slightly tosses the enemy up a bit. (2%)
(F-Throw): BD bounces the enemy slightly and bounces them forward. (9%)
(U-Throw): BD forcefully opens the parasol. High knockback. (12%)
(B-Throw): BD bounces the enemy slightly and bounces them backward. (9%)
(D-Throw): BD twirls his parasol, hitting multiple times and sending the enemy downwards. (6x2%)

Specials:

Neutral Special: Spear Throw
Bandanna Dee throws a spear in an arc. The longer you hold it, the farther it goes. You can walk at a moderate pace while charging. It can be used in air up to three times. (9%)

(Custom Variation #1): Fire Spear
Similar to the Spear Throw, but the spears stay in the ground similar to Young Link's arrows. However, it deals less damage. (5%, 2% Fire)

(Custom Variation #2): Triple Throw
A charged Spear Throw throws 3 spears at 3 different angles, but you cannot move at all while charging. (9%)

Forward Special: Waddle Cart

Exactly the same thing as Wario Bike, but with Waddle Dee. However this is assuming that Wario gets a new side special like the Project: M shoulder bash. (Same Damage as Wario Bike)

(Custom Variation #1): Waddle Sled

The Waddle Sled goes way faster than the cart, but it is very hard to control.

(Custom Variation #2): Waddle Boat
You can jump while in the Waddle Boat, but you lose the ability to turn.

Up Special: Spear Copter
Bandana Dee charges up and then starts to twirl his spear very fast above his head. He begins to float in mid-air. The longer BD charges the Spear Copter the longer he is in the air. At minimum it is 2.5 seconds and at max it is 4.5 seconds. Bandanna Dee goes into a helpless state after it is used. The spear can also deal damage. (4% per hit)

(Custom Variation #1): Bronto Burt
Instead of Bandana Dee taking out his spear, he takes out a Bronto Burt! Bronto Burt does not need to be charged, and flies way farther. However it has no offensive capabilities and similar to the Villager's Up-B, if the Bronto Burt gets it you go helpless.

(Custom Variation #2): Gordo Hold
Spear Copter completely changes to another move called Gordo Hold. Instead of Bandana Dee taking out his spear, he holds onto a Gordo. You can aim Gordo Hold in all 8 different directions. Once you use the move, Bandana Dee will hold onto a Gordo as it slowly moves, and then you fall off. Gordo can damage enemies slightly, but the good thing is that you have light armor while using Gordo Hold. (2% per hit)

Down Special: Parasol
When used on the ground, Bandanna Dee shields himself in a single direction with his Parasol. The Parasol deflects (not reflects) all projectiles, similar to powershielding. The controls are similar to that of the Cracker-Launcher item from Brawl. You can aim it higher or lower, but you can also walk left and right while using it. You can also turn around by double tapping left or right.

It can also be used in the air, but instead it allows you to float. This reduces your falling speed and increases your air speed. Bandanna Dee can act out of this.

(Custom Variation #1): Rope
Bandana Dee uses rope instead of his Parasol. On the ground, Bandana Dee swings the rope and deals some damage. However in the air it turns into a tether recovery. (7%)

(Custom Variation #2): Fluff
Instead of Waddle Dee using the parasol, he takes out a dandelion. Reduces your falling speed and air speed way more than the normal Parasol. However it does nothing on the ground.

Final Smash: Waddle Dee Tank
Bandanna Waddle Dee summons a massive Waddle Dee tank from the Kirby's Return to Dreamland Mini-Game. It is similar to the Landmaster controls as it can damage people as you run into them, but it can attack. The Waddle Dee can fire homing missiles on the enemies.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Stats:

Neutrals:

(Jab Combo): BD repeatedly stabs his spear forward dealing damage until the button is released. (Infx1%)

Smashes:

(F-Smash): BD takes out a parasol and twirls it forwards hitting multiple times. Low knockback. (8x2%)
(D-Smash): BD does a Parasol Twirl like in the Kirby Games. It is similar to Pikachu's D-Smash. (4x3%)
(Up-Smash): BD pokes an unopened Parasol upwards and pops it open. High knockback. (13%)

Aerials:

(Fair): BD does a full overhead swing of his spear. At the tip it hits a meteor smash. (9%, 13% Sweet Spot)
(Uair): BD stabs his spear upwards multiple times with nice stun, but little knockback. (3x3%)
(Dair): BD plunges his spear into the ground. The sweet spot at the tip of the spear knocks enemies straight downward. (4%, 16% Sweet Spot.)

Grabs:
(D-Throw): BD twirls his parasol, hitting multiple times and sending the enemy downwards. (6x2%)

Specials:

Bandanna Dee throws a spear in an arc. The longer you hold it, the farther it goes. You can walk at a moderate pace while charging. It can be used in air up to three times. (9%)

Similar to the Spear Throw, but the spears stay in the ground similar to Young Link's arrows. However, it deals less damage. (5%, 2% Fire)

A charged Spear Throw throws 3 spears at 3 different angles, but you cannot move at all while charging. (9%)

Exactly the same thing as Wario Bike, but with Waddle Dee. However this is assuming that Wario gets a new side special like the Project: M shoulder bash. (Same Damage as Wario Bike)

Bandana Dee charges up and then starts to twirl his spear very fast above his head. He begins to float in mid-air. The longer BD charges the Spear Copter the longer he is in the air. At minimum it is 2.5 seconds and at max it is 4.5 seconds. Bandanna Dee goes into a helpless state after it is used. The spear can also deal damage. (4% per hit)

Instead of Bandana Dee taking out his spear, he takes out a Bronto Burt! Bronto Burt does not need to be charged, and flies way farther. However it has no offensive capabilities and similar to the Villager's Up-B, if the Bronto Burt gets it you go helpless.

Spear Copter completely changes to another move called Gordo Hold. Instead of Bandana Dee taking out his spear, he holds onto a Gordo. You can aim Gordo Hold in all 8 different directions. Once you use the move, Bandana Dee will hold onto a Gordo as it slowly moves, and then you fall off. Gordo can damage enemies slightly, but the good thing is that you have light armor while using Gordo Hold. (2% per hit)

When used on the ground, Bandanna Dee shields himself in a single direction with his Parasol. The Parasol deflects (not reflects) all projectiles, similar to powershielding. The controls are similar to that of the Cracker-Launcher item from Brawl. You can aim it higher or lower, but you can also walk left and right while using it. You can also turn around by double tapping left or right.

It can also be used in the air, but instead it allows you to float. This reduces your falling speed and increases your air speed. Bandanna Dee can act out of this.

Bandana Dee uses rope instead of his Parasol. On the ground, Bandana Dee swings the rope and deals some damage. However in the air it turns into a tether recovery. (7%)

Instead of Waddle Dee using the parasol, he takes out a dandelion. Reduces your falling speed and air speed way more than the normal Parasol. However it does nothing on the ground.

Bandanna Waddle Dee summons a massive Waddle Dee tank from the Kirby's Return to Dreamland Mini-Game. It is similar to the Landmaster controls as it can damage people as you run into them, but it can attack. The Waddle Dee can fire homing missiles on the enemies.
I don't know how I feel about Parasol being the smash attacks BUT I liked the idea someone mentioned for parasol as the grab attacks which I like. Parasol already has various grab attacks in the original moveset where as spear didn't.

Although if there were a grab attack that utilized the spear, than I thought it would be cool if his up throw had him tossing enemies onto the point of his spear.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Well, Prince Sable got shot down too. Let's hope it doesn't happen to BD.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Well, Prince Sable got shot down too. Let's hope it doesn't happen to BD.
So all the assist trophies that have been shown in the demos and screen shots aren't all the assist trophies. I wonder how many more haven't been revealed? Will there be more coming from the franchises already represented like more FE, Star Fox, Kirby, etc? Hopefully Bandana Dee won't be relegated to a trophy but who knows. I feel like he wouldn't make for an interesting trophy only because Isabelle already preforms the action I think he'd do if he were a trophy.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I truly hope Bandanna Dee doesn't end up like Takamaru or Prince Sable.I would just die of disappointed

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Keep that support alive, lads.

Many men may fall, but this comrade still has a shot. And remember, BWD getting an AT is still good.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Doesn't the Villager have a move where he uses parasol/umbrella from his game? I forgot how he used it in his moveset.

I have seen someone try to tell me he won't happen as he isn't on the smash site
I, uh.. what?

Also, keep in mind so far all of the Assist Trophies we've seen so far are just retro characters. Not ones that are directly from a certain series that's already represented in Smash. Well, for the most part, anyway. Right?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doesn't the Villager have a move where he uses parasol/umbrella from his game? I forgot how he used it in his moveset.

I, uh.. what?

Also, keep in mind so far all of the Assist Trophies we've seen so far are just retro characters. Not ones that are directly from a certain series that's already represented in Smash. Well, for the most part, anyway. Right?
Yeah, those guys exist, I saw them for many characters, including BDee, Lucina, Ridley, K.Rool, blablabla

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Guys is just me, but every monday are reveling a new assist trophie, and most of them are character that we want in smash.

First Takamaru and now Prince Sable. Now who next... I gonna say that every week, one character is gonna scarified as the role of a assist trophies. Am really scared about Bandana Dee future... I'm really want him in. (Even I don't want him become a assist trophies, its better be a assist trophie than nothing, because assist trophies can have Little Mac treatment.That means a brighter future for Bandana Dee.)

Am not gonna lie but, Bandana is getting soo popular, the people and the leaker-wanabe want him very deep. I mean.

THE PEOPLE ARE BEGGING FOR THE DEE, AND THAT ITS MAKING PROGRESS.

One last thing. I find Robin very odd to be Smash, because Sakurai want him because its a Mage/Sword User, and for that reason he was choice over Chrom. That would be cool is the decided to use Bandana Dee because he use a Spear, a weapon tha no one still use.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I feel really bad for the Sable supporters, but I try to stay optimistic and see every disconfirmation as a spot that could have been given to the dee. I'm really nervous though that Bandana Dee could have the same fate but i'm gonna stay confident. ;)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Don't be nervous, Bandana Dee will be playable!

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile.
To make up for it I have this that I made through some spare time and boredom.

I can make a bigger version if you want.
It's AWESOME!
Thanks! I will add it to the OP.

Stats:

Neutrals:

Smashes:

Aerials:

Grabs:

Specials:

Cool! I will add it to the OP.
Thanks!

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Guys is just me, but every monday are reveling a new assist trophie, and most of them are character that we want in smash.

First Takamaru and now Prince Sable. Now who next... I gonna say that every week, one character is gonna scarified as the role of a assist trophies. Am really scared about Bandana Dee future... I'm really want him in. (Even I don't want him become a assist trophies, its better be a assist trophie than nothing, because assist trophies can have Little Mac treatment.That means a brighter future for Bandana Dee.)

Am not gonna lie but, Bandana is getting soo popular, the people and the leaker-wanabe want him very deep. I mean.

One last thing. I find Robin very odd to be Smash, because Sakurai want him because its a Mage/Sword User, and for that reason he was choice over Chrom. That would be cool is the decided to use Bandana Dee because he use a Spear, a weapon tha no one still use.
All I know is that if the fans were not hype before the announcement than there is an issue. Sakurai does choose characters before the game's announcement.I hope he at least gets to be an AT so he can get in smash 5 like Little Mac.

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro

I agree It's scary to see some playable worthy characters becoming assist trophies but there is a tell tale sign that has some evidence to bandana dees playability statues and that is meta-knight Im almost curtain he will be revealed with bandana dee

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I've bean stalking you.

I just recently had played triple deluxe and fell in love with Bandana dee. Or to be more accurate, I fell in love with the spear power up from triple deluxe. Then I took in to account the character of the banana waddle dee from super star ultra and put the two together. In some funny way, without even touching KRTDL at all, I loved the idea of him.

But also it got me thinking of ways to make bandana dee more unique. Why not use some potential from marth and have him use his spear normally in most attacks, but specifically in tilts and smashes you can get either more damage or more knockback (whichever one not used by marth). Or alternately why not have it so he has a bigger hitbox then he lets on, but it gradually gets more ko power when closer to the tip? Just a thought.

Anyway the point of this message is that I support bandanna dee and whish to help speculate in anyway I can. And as a usual thing I do, I must ask, any current ssb4 evidence (outside his game fame)?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Anyway the point of this message is that I support bandanna dee and whish to help speculate in anyway I can. And as a usual thing I do, I must ask, any current ssb4 evidence (outside his game fame)?
Nope. At least, not so far. Someone made a post about all of the points we have of why he might be in (aside from the ones in the OP), but that was a while back. I think @ GamerGuy09 GamerGuy09 made that post? I don't exactly remember.

But in actual evidence, there hasn't been too much other than King Dedede's Waddle Dee toss changed. Other newcomers, they have evidence. Like Ridley, he has the shadow, and King K. Rool, he has the Kremlings in Smash Run, etc.

Other than that, however..

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Bandana Dee is my most wanted newcomer, probably because of my love for the Kirby series. I do think that Bandana Dee could be a really fun and interesting character too.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
How would you guys feel if Bandana Dee were part of King Dedede's final smash? I'd feel disappointed if here weren't playable but I couldn't deny it'd be in character. Hoping it won't be the case though.

D

Deleted member

How would you guys feel if Bandana Dee were part of King Dedede's final smash? I'd feel disappointed if here weren't playable but I couldn't deny it'd be in character. Hoping it won't be the case though.
I would be upset... but I will have some optimism that it could be like a Palutena situation where he goes from a Final Smash to a playable character in the next game.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I doubt it, especially when we have Masked Dedede, who is a better choice in my opinion.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I doubt it, especially when we have Masked Dedede, who is a better choice in my opinion.
Yeah I'm really hoping that King Dedede's final smash is changed to Masked Dedede. It'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't change it. Than Bandana Dee's could be Megaton Punch preferably.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Bandanna Dee is my #1 character for smash 4.If he was sent to assist trophy(i could live with it atleast he's in).Or worse a trophy or sticker.That would hit look a wrecking ball to the nuts

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I know people are thinking that nothing will happen at the Hyrule Warrior's Direct, but I would find it hilarious if Bandana Dee were to be revealed at it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...oting-again-current-vote-kirby.334369/page-86
In this thread, people are voting for the most important Kirby character after Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Bandana Dee and Dark Matter.
Magolor and Adeleine are the characters with more votes.
So...if you are a Kirby fan, vote for one of them.

*Cough Magolor *Cough.

Haha, no, but seriously, Magolor is not THAT important, but he is obviously more important than Adeleine.

Go and vote!

I know people are thinking that nothing will happen at the Hyrule Warrior's Direct, but I would find it hilarious if Bandana Dee were to be revealed at it.
Yeah, that would be awesome, but it's extremely unlikely XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom