• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
its reasonable to catch/string and utterly **** olimar.

I can't say the same for diddy.

**** fair

**** bananas

**** bair

**** sideB

edit: trela when u gonna help with platform tricksies :<

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Flame loves the Olimar matchup just like how I love the Diddy matchup.
But I love both matchups...

As soon as my cousin and I saw the first Brawl videos, we knew Olimar would be top.
He picked up Oli, I picked up Toon Link.
Through some shuffling, I found Inner Fire and picked up Lucario.
Many friendlies were played, so I have a good feel for Olimar.

Diddy has nanners and it's fun to grab them and troll since I play with items a lot.

MK isn't like Wario-Man broken.
He's just better than everybody else.
So everybody else hates him.

It's like the nerds table at high school.
He has no bad matchups and no one goes even vs him aside from himself. He's good on counter pick stages and the next best characters suck on counter pick stages. There's no reason to not play Meta Knight

He can break the game, so we create complicated rules to limit him, which fail. This seemed to be legal at GENESIS 2

Trela

Smash Lord
edit: trela when u gonna help with platform tricksies :<
Lol sorry, I've been practicing with the other Houston players this entire weekend. I tried doing that platform stuff you were talking about and I couldn't get the last part, either. I don't think you can shield drop through a platform in this game like you can in Melee because I was NEVER able to pull it off and kept on spotdodging just like you were lol.

When messing around with a platform, I usually platform cancel with my shield and not Dair because it lets me fall through the platform instantly and it lets me do whatever I want afterwards, though I like to stick with mostly ASC, but I'll sometimes do stuff like FF FP, too. I need to look at some of my videos for this stuff so I can show you guys exactly what I'm doing. RT knows how to do most of the stuff I do now just by looking at my controller and what my Lucario was doing lol. I'll point out some little things in my videos after I get home today.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, I understand...I don't practice, but I understand.

Lucario dittos tho.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
The more I think about it the more NAir seems like an awesome move to me. I might do some digging around to find out what we could pull off... Like between Ike Jab 2 and 3.

Just think about all the strings we could interrupt...

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Jump

Platform Cancel

immediately drop through the platform.

2nd one

Aurasphere Charge

land on platform

shield

platform drop

You have someone in your region that does the former lots
Are you trying to do this repeatedly or something?

Cause I can do both, I can't do ASC to platform drop repeatedly though. Timing is retardedly strict.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Olimar is annoying, but if you use Double Team as one of the Pikmin are on you, you get something I'd call a "Control Team". Olimar is also not good with Dair and Fair at the edge of da stage in Final D.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Are you trying to do this repeatedly or something?

Cause I can do both, I can't do ASC to platform drop repeatedly though. Timing is retardedly strict.
I wanna be able to do it.

although repeatedly the former would be nice.

if I wanted to be trela the latter too

lolasage, glad to know you're enthusiastic tho :)

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I'm just going to say to an audience of people who really don't care only because its 1 am in the morning. . .

MetaKnight wouldn't be banned if Brawl could be patched, thus patching problems in the game. If Nintendo could patch (or would) brawl, then a ban wouldn't need to happen, other characters would become more viable (assuming the patch would also effect their own coding as well), unfair advantages would be fixed and so forth.

However, Brawl was not intended to be competitive. It hasn't been touched by Nintendo for character issues since the release. Other fighters constantly (to a degree) patch and fix character balance issues to maintain some sort of equality in their game as a competitive representative of the fighter genre. Brawl didn't spend as much time and money spent by competitive fighters to balance the game. It didn't need to because it wasn't going to be marketed for competitive video game fighting.

There is homebrew patching, however this is not excepted because the patch could only be excepted by other gamers if it was done by Nintendo themselves. That's just the mentality of gamers. Therefore the fixing and balancing of a game belongs to the community that runs its competitive scene. Metaknight was banned because no one else could fix him. We can't ask Nintendo to go back and fix the problems in the game. So we have to remove the problems for the best outcome possible to meet the demands of the community and the game state as a whole.

Years of fighting and eschewed metagaming could've been avoided if Brawl could've been patched. Or if we sooner realized this and instead removed the problem parts for the community.
But mostly because it couldn't be patched.

(This has been sitting on my 'reply' button for a few days now. Just decided to drop this because I'm lazy.)

PAL Melee is sort of like a patched version of NTSC Melee. The top 4 characters got a little bit nerfed. The only significant things PAL Brawl fixed was Meta Knight's infinite cape glitch, Wolf can't do the ledge trick with forward B, and Ganoncide/Bowsercide results in the Ganon/bowser winning

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Whenever you talk about balancing, you have to remember that their preferred metagame is 4-for-all with default settings.

And yes, the cast is very balanced in this setting.

Sonic and Falco make up for difficulty getting a point by ease of getting a Smash Ball and using their ridic Final Smash.

Meta Knight has limited crowd control options and a poor defense against thrown items, as well as a terrible final smash, but he's absolutely amazing if he can single out an opponent.

Ganondorf and Falcon steal kills like nobody's business.

Samus has an immensely power Final Smash that turns her into a character that can handle her own a little better, but is fragile and weak to having items used against her.

Zelda's Din's Fire can snipe the Smash Ball from anywhere, and then she can transform into Sheik to use the low-angle Light Arrow. Sheik is fast and can get to items really well, and the chain will bat away any weak item attacks, while Zelda will use stage control from Assist Trophies and co to drag people into her smashes.

Olimar, as we all know, has a great basic game, but once he's offstage, an assault from items will be a lost stock if you can outwit the whistle. As well, his final smash is subpar.

Ice Climbers are extremely polar. They have great smashes for clearing an area, interesting behavior with items, but in general will die painfully in a crowd, especially having the worst final smash. The thing is that they can potentially remove any and every single-target threat through a chaingrab.

We can argue D3 can do the same with his chaingrab, except it's much harder to land with items flying everywhere, while Nana can just Blizzard wall her way past some onslaughts to get Popo into grab range.

Anybody else want to comment on the 4-for-all All Items on Low metagame?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's actually a good summation overall on most of the chars, to add, I think ROB is really good w/ items having almost everything basic covered (panic move in a 4-for-all, has good stage control/ability to interrupt item throws to compansate for his underbelly, good item game overall), and not only is he able to get the smash ball fairly easily, it's pretty good to boot.

I feel Pit is more or less similar, except with better defense against items but a different FS strategy. Both also have the fairly viable strat to go onto the ledge if the stage is too "hot" w/ items and snipe until they cool down, which although can be risky, their recovery helps w/ that more or less when used properly.

I'm actually thinking of incorporating "All-Brawl" as a side event (which is basically 4-for-all, all items on, all stages), to make an easy segue for more casual players (sort of a "kiddie pool", but w/o the negative connotation), and let them have a more inexpensive/yet still slightly competitive access level of fun that's more familiar to them, while seeing what regular 1v1 competitive smash has to offer as a main event.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've always wondered... Who's the best Lucario mainer that's ever known? I wanna say Trela (awesome combo vids), but I don't wanna B wrong...

Top Bottom