• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Right now it's between Trela and Junebug for best Lucario but as for best of all time it's kinda hard to say, probably Azen or Lee Martin.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Trela or Junebug.

I don't wanna start a debate about it, though most will side with June for beating M2K, still it's a toss up because they both have big wins at high levels of play.

It's not Azen, he may have started the big push with the characer but Junebug, Trela, and even Lee have brought it much farther.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I do think we would've taken a bit longer to find high level basic lucario play w/o Azen, or for people to see how much of a threat he could be in the right hands when the game was young, but overall for who's advanced his metagame to a much different level I'd say Junebug and Trela are definitely it (no offense to Zucco/Lee Martin/ksizzle, who were also all pretty beast).

Junebug takes care of MK/Falco

Trela takes care of Snake/ICs/most eclectic characters that would normally cause upsets among lucarios

They both are learning a lot from each other too, because Junebug has become faster in his responses and becoming more intelligent/rewarding, and Trela's been learning to be patient and becoming more safe, also learning the MK MU more and more from him as well.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
To me,

right about now they're both representing the two cornerstones of lucario's game.

The Smart Grounded Play.

And The Strong Pressure and Rewarding Strings.

The superego

and the id.

Whos gonna step up to be the ego I wonder?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ya boi Trela.

With his Trela Flash.

What does Junebug have?

NOTHING. GARBAGE.

...but yeah, they're both good obviously.

They must suffer through Lucario dittos to see who is better.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Nice 4444 Flammie

Once I can get my Lucario out and about more, I might be able to handle the ego part. A lot of my ego is poured into gaming as opposed to, y'know, self-confidence.

culexus・wau

Nice 4444 Flammie

Once I can get my Lucario out and about more, I might be able to handle the ego part. A lot of my ego is poured into gaming as opposed to, y'know, self-confidence.
But thats not how the ego works in the freudian trio.

You're supposed to be the one that has to take a little from both.

or take the "3rd option"

and what a good post to make for my 4444th post. lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That would've been Zucco imo had he stayed in the game, he had a bit of both imo, not berserk crazy strings, but not campin' balls like JB, he was really good at approaching and getting the comeback/clutch stuff, but also was great at outspacing the opponent.

culexus・wau

That would've been Zucco imo had he stayed in the game, he had a bit of both imo, not berserk crazy strings, but not campin' balls like JB, he was really good at approaching and getting the comeback/clutch stuff, but also was great at outspacing the opponent.
I could see it.

I wonder what the stauffster would have been if he had kept at it

I wonder whats holding back WCarios in general.... gah....

If someone from WC did take that spot though, I'd finally complete the regional balance~

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wonder whats holding back WCarios in general.... gah....

If someone from WC did take that spot though, I'd finally complete the regional balance~
Everybody is spread out.

When people are all in the same spot and can play each other on a consistent basis, you can't help but expect they're going to go far.

/jelly he doesn't live somewhere in Maryland.

//Hate this new edit feature.

:093:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So I'm a bit of a technical player, who enjoys agrro when I have the momentum yet defensive in other cases. Which high/top level Lucario do you guys think is more similar in playstyle? I'm trying to get some ideas that fit my playstyle a bit more.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not to you, to FlameWaveK's...thing he has going.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh yeah, it's a new month...time for Trela's monthly "I'm leaving forever" post.

Tony T

Smash Ace
I picture you glowing like a DBZ character when I read this.

lol I'll be honest both trela and June are pretty much even like two halves of the same coin: reads/techskill. If they learn from each other than they can pick up eachothers strengths therefore completing that whole coin.

:phone:

culexus・wau

For our own safety, please do not do this to me and Junebug, Flamey....
Got him to post!

We all know stauffy browny would be a better drabble anyway

When messing around with a platform, I usually platform cancel with my shield and not Dair because it lets me fall through the platform instantly and it lets me do whatever I want afterwards, though I like to stick with mostly ASC, but I'll sometimes do stuff like FF FP, too. I need to look at some of my videos for this stuff so I can show you guys exactly what I'm doing. RT knows how to do most of the stuff I do now just by looking at my controller and what my Lucario was doing lol. I'll point out some little things in my videos after I get home today.
whens this gonna happen

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hmm I did play Junebug once and it was a real interesting experience. I guess I should start there. I do like Trela's style though..looks flashy lol

culexus・wau

They will learn the fusion dance from Azen and then Lee Martin.

They'll fail it once and be Fat

They'll fail it again and be too skinny

and then they will perfect it and become

TREBUG

Top Bottom