• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Trela

Smash Lord
don't be facetious trela men </3

I only asked the GD because that means anyone could have answered

EDIT: Putting the trolling aside, I can try to explain how to do that kind of stuff if you want me to. I've always had a problem with this, but RT wants to know how to do it, too, so I'll try and do it for him!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

EDIT: Putting the trolling aside, I can try to explain how to do that kind of stuff if you want me to. I've always had a problem with this, but RT wants to know how to do it, too, so I'll try and do it for him!
I'd love to know.

getting spotdodge 8/10 times is getting frustrating.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And yet, the only explanation I ever get is "it's hard to explain."

Like, no help.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Double post, but...

For people that are interested in learning how to fight Olimar, Zori is hosting a little "class" about Olimar. So if you're struggling with Olimar, feel free to watch the livestream right here.. Starting at 6PM CT.

We'll try to take to get questions/requests if possible.

culexus・wau

Prepare for me to quiz you with 10000000000000 common situatons

my twitchtv acc is Keiichneesan so don't call me a random!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Learned some tasty stuff about Olimar.

Like specific behavior and techniques to watch out for.

Hmm, this will be interesting...

culexus・wau

Learned some tasty stuff about Olimar.

Like specific behavior and techniques to watch out for.

Hmm, this will be interesting...
I'mma watch the recording

I fell asleep during the 1st half :(

I mean I was meaning to take a nap until I found about this anyway but still~

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'mma watch the recording

I fell asleep during the 1st half :(

I mean I was meaning to take a nap until I found about this anyway but still~
Eh, I can give you a super condensed version.

-If Olimar is running up to you, 95% of the time he's doing it to usmash. He wants to get under you. Like, they'll occasionally do something else, but almost always expect an usmash, especially if you're in the air. If you're worried about Olimar usmash/grabbing out of shield, use attacks that have a lot of shield push/aerials that can autocancel. The less ending lag, the better. Obviously, spacing helps. They can try to fair out of shield, but it's not reliable.

-Obviously watch Pikmin colors. Properties, effects, move preferences with each color, which stages cause certain colors to appear more often, etc.

-If Olimar is rolling away, they are usually panicking. His roll is medium speed, so if you can read it, punish it.

-Stages with platforms, Olimars will usually try to camp under if possible. Platform protects him from approaches above (he'll usmash) and he can grab/pivotgrab all day while underneath. Go to BF and pivot grab/boost grab under the lower platforms with Olimar to understand. Olimars usually ban Frigate because of the possibility of gimps during the first part. They usually love "metallic stages" because they give more purples and yellows (Castle Siege, Halberd, Delfino, Lylat, etc.)

There's more stuff but blah. Like, we watched the Brood vs M2K vids and you can see some of these exact habits.

Also, I think I already said it, but the Olimar boards have a pretty good write-up of the Lucario matchup. Seriously, read it. You might learn something about him...and yourself.

Olimar de-mystified

culexus・wau

Eh, I can give you a super condensed version.

-If Olimar is running up to you, 95% of the time he's doing it to usmash. He wants to get under you. Like, they'll occasionally do something else, but almost always expect an usmash, especially if you're in the air. If you're worried about Olimar usmash/grabbing out of shield, use attacks that have a lot of shield push/aerials that can autocancel. The less ending lag, the better. Obviously, spacing helps. They can try to fair out of shield, but it's not reliable.

I fell asleep after this, I remember up to this

-Obviously watch Pikmin colors. Properties, effects, move preferences with each color, which stages cause certain colors to appear more often, etc.

This should be common sense but nooooone applies that, did he go into detail about how you should re-analyze his line-up whenever possible?

-If Olimar is rolling away, they are usually panicking. His roll is med
ium speed, so if you can read it, punish it.

When they are panicking, yeah its true, Nietono likes to use it to troll though LOL

-Stages with platforms, Olimars will usually try to camp under if possible. Platform protects him from approaches above (he'll usmash) and he can grab/pivotgrab all day while underneath. Go to BF and pivot grab/boost grab under the lower platforms with Olimar to understand. Olimars usually ban Frigate because of the possibility of gimps during the first part. They usually love "metallic stages" because they give more purples and yellows (Castle Siege, Halberd, Delfino, Lylat, etc.)

Olimars usually ban frigate? thats new to me, the peeps down here ussually don't care since its more than likely to flip.

There's more stuff but blah. Like, we watched the Brood vs M2K vids and you can see some of these exact habits.

the esoterics are what I'm interested in :> I already enjoy the MU I just want more tricks!

probably wanna see what an olimar player has to say on brood vs m2k tho

Also, I think I already said it, but the Olimar boards have a pretty good write-up of the Lucario matchup. Seriously, read it. You might learn something about him...and yourself.

Olimar Boards have the best write-ups :> They go so in-depth into their character in everything.

Olimar de-mystified

bolded for my responses!

10OlimarisafunMU

LOL@thatqoute.

chair be trolling

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sorry your Olimar players don't want to help you, lol...Zori is a good teacher.

As far as the Brood matches, he obviously get destroyed first match. And Zori points out the only thing he does different after the first match is usmashing more, especially out of shield.

As far as Pikmin, again, Olimar boards has all that info. The vid does briefly mention some of the stuff, but if you want reading material...Olimar...boards...

culexus・wau

What.

Anuar/Minitroika helps me all the time

Rich is super nice if you actually ask him as well.

But yeah, if you guys Want to know Olimar esoterics [Upsmash/grab start-up, Pikmin pluck ratios, individual set-ups]

Olimar Boards are where its at

I HEAR TRELA'S VOICE IN THE RECORDING

if only I stayed awake for 15 minutes more

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
O

mah bad bro.

But yeah, I think ftilt helps in the matchup, but...I dunno.

culexus・wau

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

not really.

There are times you can time an ftilt so it'll hit olimar if he tries to grab but those times don't come that much at all.

if you just wanna hit him midrange quickly after a powershield or something dtilt is ussually nice way to pop him up

Linkshot

Smash Hero
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

not really.

There are times you can time an ftilt so it'll hit olimar if he tries to grab but those times don't come that much at all.

if you just wanna hit him midrange quickly after a powershield or something dtilt is ussually nice way to pop him up
More specifically, when the grab is a Purple.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I wonder if Smash will follow the same route as Smogon... We banned Garchomp and then a number of people went out of their way to ban other things. It got really stupid.

I will name what happened Garchomp Syndrome.

Ironically when I cast my vote to ban Garchomp I compared the Land Shark to Meta Knight and then two years later here we are.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
The onlly thing kinda silly with the MK ban is like in other games, the banned characters are just so buffed that they're 100% impossible to beat.
Alot of characters can beat MK.

But I'm glad he's gone.
So game changin.

:phone:

You mean on neutral stages? Yes. MetaKnight isn't the problem. Stages he's broken on are

But seriously, MetaKnight's broken

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah I read that, been busy modding that. Couldn't figure out if that was trolling or not since I could see someone saying something so wrong like that in Ruleset.

Also lol explosion of posts, I love Luc boards doing this. Flamey, I'm gonna pick up you Oli ideas if you don't mind.

culexus・wau

Both deal with re-anaylzing situations based on conditional factors [pikmin, bananas]

except one you can't ****ing catch if they decide to run away.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Flame loves the Olimar matchup just like how I love the Diddy matchup.
I can agree, if it's believable that my play v. Zekey's pocket Diddy wasn't my typical play against Diddy and I sucked. Banana control doesn't hurt you, and Diddy can't kill you at 97% in a mega guessing game/completely outcamp you unless he has both bananas. Although in Oli's defense, it's highly rewarding/fun to juggle him.

Top Bottom