• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
yeah pretty
today i outcamped olimar on fd until the last 15 seconds and then got my last kill wtf XD
i just killed every pikmin with nair and tried to punish his approaches
but he ran into an almost fully charged usmash which killed him at 80%
but i lost on bf because i camped under the plattforms
does our dair have more priority then olis usmash?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
No. Pikmin have 0 priority. Every move goes through them. Why uair beats key is because the hitbox is larger than ours and lasts longer so our hurtbox comes into contact with his hitbox before the other way around.

If any usmash were to beat our key it'd be yellow because iirc it has a larger hitbox, but I am not really sure about that. From tons of experience vs olimar, I typically always get through the usmash with dair.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Maybe Tin Man just doesn't time it right? Denti pretty much always goes through my downairs with his upsmash so long as it's not a white. The hitbox is just too disjointed.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol I live across the country from tinman (Canada is huge). The olimar I play is Frio, and I've vs'd asa multiple times + the other olis in my province. The usmash hitbox just doesn't last long enough. Maybe you're not completely understanding what we're talking about. He can definitely usmash OoS our key, but our key will usually hit him if he intends to use usmash as long as you mix up the slowfall/fastfall.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
A lot of newer players don't realize Olimars priority so they tend to get owned by an idiot who spams smashes because they try to block them.
Is the dthrow to dsmash thing guaranteed on Olimar? I managed to land it pretty much 95% of the time even if he teched.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If lets say he lands on the right side, but techs left, it'll hit, but if he lands on the left side and techs left, it won't hit. The oli you're vsing is just being dumb :/. Or maybe somehow I am not dsmashing fast enough lol.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
? There are plenty of opportunities to grab him. Everytime you get him in the air, you have a chance to grab him while he tries to land. If you shield DI right, you can grab is usmash too, plus shield grabbing nair happens pretty often.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
About that shieldDI... I rarely hear about it, but it sounds like it has enormous potential. The only time I really remember to use it is when I shield the laser in Halberd. It's fun to "dashdance" in your shield inside the laser :)
But is there any guide or videos or stuff related to shieldDI stuff?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I mentioned shieldDI as if it is really practical, but I don't really think it is. It takes really good reaction time, so it'd be so hard to do consistently. I mentioned it, because if you predict the usmash, it's pretty easy to do.

To do it, just hit the control stick towards olimar as he hits your shield with usmash, and you should either move towards him or stay in the same position (depending on how good you did it).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well if it's that simple, it doesn't hurt to at least try it. What happens if I fail?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Pit can also great a deadly bucket. If he fully charges the arrows, they make a maximum power bucket I think.

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Yeah fully charged arrows are instant death too.

Pika probably provides the safest/deadliest bucket fills though.
I think Zelda's Din's Fire does a pretty good job at filling up the bucket, too. It can potentially protect Mr. Game and Watch from surrounding enemies due to the blast range, it can be used from a great distance, and it can also provide an "instant death" Oil Panic. My sister (Zelda main) and I use this all the time. It can be deadly for you, though, if you're not ready for it, lol.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Falco's lasers aren't really that useful to bucket, unless they're just trying to laser camp you. Bucket is good and all, I mean who doesn't like a frame 2 move, but in this case it won't kill until 80+.

G&W is my best character right now, and my alts aren't very good yet. If I go up against a Marth how should I go about winning? Strategies? Ideas?
Pick up marth as a secondary and familiarize yourself with his spacing, it'll help you know when you can and cannot attack him.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Falco's lasers aren't really that useful to bucket, unless they're just trying to laser camp you. Bucket is good and all, I mean who doesn't like a frame 2 move, but in this case it won't kill until 80+.

Pick up marth as a secondary and familiarize yourself with his spacing, it'll help you know when you can and cannot attack him.
I disagree with the Lazer thing. I used to never bucket the Laser but If you're outta punish range his bucket isn't too bad, It's a reliable kill move. But don't obsess over bucketing it, you'll lose, just actually decide to bucket it every once in a while and you'll be okay, basically.

As for Marth... i wouldn't even use Gdubs, I don't see a point in punishing yourself like that lol.

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Sorry for going off topic, but if would it be alright if I tried making a thread focusing on Game and Watch--not Mr. Game and Watch from Brawl, but the Game and Watch games themselves? Old games are old, but I thought even though most of us know about Mr. Game and Watch's history and the history of his moves, some of us don't, and some of us haven't even played the games he originated from. By explaining more about Mr. Game and Watch's background, I thought maybe it could attract some more nostalgia fans into becoming Game and Watch mains. Any thoughts?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't have trouble against Marth. I do just fine against every Marth in Finland. Either I'm too good, they suck or they just don't know the MU. I'm gonna go with the former.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
yeah marth is a counter against g&w
i prefer the fair spacing
and it's always good to have the bucket full because damage is damage
and it's good damage you don't even have to kill with it you have your smashes
and to approach you don't have to powershield the lasers
you also can just cower g&w is too little to be hit by even a standing laser ^^

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Having a full bucket means you die a lot earlier. It's not always good to have it full.

Top Bottom