• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Whenever I did that I could kill him with usmash or I didn't have the bucket at all.

Also, are the pics or gifs of G&W hitboxes? Would like to see how big the uairs windbox is and how big the actual hitbox is.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Thanks, though it didn't really show well where the windbox starts instead of the hitbox for uair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Don't worry, it was really helpful. My spacing was improved enough that I was a lot harder to grab after watching it. Some moves had a lot bigger hitboxes than I had thought.

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Don't worry, it was really helpful. My spacing was improved enough that I was a lot harder to grab after watching it. Some moves had a lot bigger hitboxes than I had thought.
I thought it was really helpful, too. I was especially surprised at the hitboxes of U-Smash and U-Air. I'm going to watch it a few more times--I think I need to get better at my spacing as well. :p

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
does anybody know something about the dk mu?
one of my crew plays him as a second he doesn't use him against me
but in friendlies he totally ***** me
any advices? (dk's range is just op)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Don't try to match his range, you'll just get frustrated. Use lotsa nair and juggle him a lot. Remember that B has superarmor.

I have a losing record to a DK here... I don't know what I do when I play him because it wasn't until recently i figured out what I was doing wrong.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
fuu doesn't sound pretty good....
well i will just fight him a few times more to get a feeling for it but thanks^^
maybe i will shieldrun throw him in the air and then juggle :D

twinlink

Smash Rookie
theres a move of game and watch where he stands with his back to his opponent and the he raises a flag with the number 1 on it, and it will actually give damage to his opponent. does anybody know how to do that with the wiimote and numchuck.

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
theres a move of game and watch where he stands with his back to his opponent and the he raises a flag with the number 1 on it, and it will actually give damage to his opponent. does anybody know how to do that with the wiimote and numchuck.
G&W's U-tilt? Just tilt up and press A.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What purpose do f- and bthrow have?
Also, going to team up with a Falco or Marth in doubles. What should G&W do with them or should I just go Rob for teams?
Also, doubles tactics in general, I am bad in doubles.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know any good ways to combo into Up tilt? The only way I've been able to do it so far is hit them with the last hit from Nair then up tilt but it just seems like there are other ways to do it. (I like the up tilt X 2>up B combo lol)

also does F-tilt have any uses? it seems like down tilt and smashes are much better options.

Thanks!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Ftilt sucks. Utilt also is really situational. You should never really try to combo into it. Every time you could combo nair into utilt you could have done another nair which not only does more damage but is faster and safer.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Last hit from nair into utilt is pretty much the only way to "combo" into it. It is an actual combo i think ,unless they're marth/Mk or something. It's funny if you land this on space animals at 0,easy 60% lol.

But ya,utilt bad:l.
Ftilt is even worse. Though it can kill light characters around 130%.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I never, ever use utilt. The only times I use it is to celebrate with my flag.

I use ftilt a lot. It's when you want to dsmash but know that you won't have time, so you use ftilt to guarantee that hit and 10%+ dmg. Of course, never use ftilt when the opponent's at low percent... they just hit you back.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Uptilting is kinda showing them the flag to give them permission to jump over the top blastzone. Other than that, it's outclassed. That is the keyword here. It's not bad, but no reason to use it much.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

After a pretty substantial amount of research on both smash wikia and here, my question remains unanswered:

How do you consistently make Mr. Game & Watche's Down-air go into slow fall?

Also, is it possible to land the spike with a slow fall?

And just to check, that is the only spike he possesses, right?

I feel like I've done almost every awesome combo and method of KOing that I can, but I STILL have not managed to land a spike with my main.

Show me the light guys!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
To slow-fall dair, you essentially do what you'd do to fast fall any other aerial, and yes you can spike with slow fall dair.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Dash attack works really well as a stagespiking tool against many recoveries.

Especially Metaknight's. If he ever does drill rush or the dimensional cape, dashattack the edge.

Stagespiking is kinda like spiking, amirite?
6 hammer is also a semispike.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Down throw spikes. I've landed it a handful of times, it doesn't happen often but it's a spike

And yeah you can slowfall spike...or rather you can spike and immediately start a slowfall

Top Bottom