• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Key is not safe to land with. It's good, but by no means are you safe every time (this is no 2008 lol). For landing I'd try fast and slowfall dair, b-reversals and just plain airdodging. UpBing out of the way of the opponent is very useful too.
Key is pretty safe lol. My friend AML?'s G&W constantly uses slow land, and then does slow Key, then fast Key when I think I can just shield his slow Key. I guess it depends on the matchup. Pit can't do much about it, lol.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
In a direct clash, G&W's key will win.

But Pit's uair has more horizontal reach, which means that he can stay away from the key's hitbox while still being able to hit us.

Dunno about utilt, no Pit has ever tried doing it against my dair.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
^ This about dair vs uair.

I've never had it done to me either, but a couple of pits (krystedez and raven) told me during the m/u chart discussion that he could do it. Unless I am not remembering exactly what they were talking about.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
I made a thread on that :(.
I know of your thread, i tried to post it there, but i thought yours was only about pika being on a platform. in that video he is not on a platform, so i freaked ma junk when i saw it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I linked that video in my thread too lol. It's the same thing really, except that it's actually doable/useable on a platform, whereas on the ground it's nearly impossible to set up right the first time.

Sush1

Smash Apprentice
Does GnW's weight really hinder him? He's the second lightest character of them all. Now i don't know if i should continue playing with him and getting better, just to get Ko'ed at 90%

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Also don't forget he can kill most of the cast very early, so that compensate the need to reach astronomical damage before attempting a kill.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Bucket braking and a great recovery more than make up for our light weight. Totally not a problem.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
This one might be kind of vague and annoying, but what do you fine people think of the Olimar-G&W team?
By that, I mean the mindset the G&W should have, roles, gimmicks, stages that G&W prefers in doubles, etc.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
My static doubles partner is a oli/pika main so I know a lot about this team.

GaW should be reacting to what olimar does, and trying to keep the perfect distance away from him. If you're too close you both can accidentally kill each other, and if you're too far the olimar is going to get double teamed.

I find that vs a double MK team, the MKs usually always double team the olimar, because he's a lot easier to juggle and gimp. It's now your job to punish the MK players effectively as possible, and prevent oli from dying. The GaW should think of himself as an MK, but with less pressure options but high kill power.

A shared trait both of you have is the low kill power, so you should both be wanting to punish them for hitting your teammate with a beefy smash attack, or some sort of high damaging combo (GaW has nair to nair, oli has grab combos etc.)

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
A really risky Gimmick I can think of is letting Olimar load GW up with Pikmin and GW spamming Up-smash.

Don't try it against anyone good though lol, use it for flair on people you know you'll beat

-LzR-

Smash Hero
As we all know, GW owns in RC. I wanna know how. Should I play similar to MK? Plank the ship then run away the other parts while trying to make the opponents life hard?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Stalling on the ship is a good idea vs some characters, but that part of the stage is really good for GaW vs most of the rest. I'd say vs diddy, MK, snake and falco you can plank the ship, and then wreck them on the rest of the stage.

GaW really shines on the scrolling up part because you can pretty much always be below your opponent, juggle them consistently and get really low % kills with traps into smashes or even uair off the ceiling (this happens so much more often than you'd think vs MK).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right. GW is like me secondary for all the cool stages so I guess I should learn that.
How about Brinstar? Should I ban it against DK and Wario or can GW do it there in case they pick it up?
What else can I do instead of just abusing extended hitboxes there?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Shark the stage. If you break the middle eggs by slow fall dairing, you can use it to shark whenever you want, which is really great pressure. Dthrow on the platforms are really good because dsmash limits a ton of options.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just attack below the stage.
Nair and uair are the best for that. It's pretty safe thing to do.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
G&W against Diddy Kong.

What the hell do I do against that sideB? It has crazy priority and it's so safe and he can mix it up with an aerial grab D:
And what should I try to do when I get one of his bananas?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Glidetoss upsmash is legit. But I played a diddy last tournet that didnt lemme attmpt it. I think its better to just hold onto it. Throwing nanas back at diddy seems like a bad idea. I have a vid of the match if you want... but I get worked. And if you read the side b just use bair

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How do I glidetoss against Diddy without getting punished? Our Glidetoss is laggy and Diddy Kongs will easily punish it.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Because when they get hit witv the nana they trip into the upsmash. I did it to darklink the first time I played him actually lol. But its gimmicky and diddy wont let you. Id just hold on to the nana or keep it behind you. Diddy only gets hard when he has both. Imo of course

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
He can easily just shield the naner and punish us. Glide toss is so predictable against Diddy.

Grox

Smash Rookie
What is the easiest way to collect the projectiles in Game and Watches trash can? I can never get 3 projectiles in it.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
What is the easiest way to collect the projectiles in Game and Watches trash can? I can never get 3 projectiles in it.
Against smart people, you'll probably never be able to collect enough anyway, because once they realise they will fill your bucket, they will stop doing their projectile pressure game. Imo offstage against pit/falco, and randomly for pikachu, lucas/ness, and don't bother with fox, his lasers are lame to bucket at long range. At worse, they will force you to bucket thinking you're safe and punish you. Against Zss Dsmash... it's too riscky.

Top Bottom