• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

dandan

Smash Lord
i will help however i can, you can make it mandatory to play on server and not online and be able to stream, and maybe do another tourney with p2p allowed and make it mandatory to record the game, and then you can capture it and upload it to youtube.
i have a commentary channel on youtube, you can check it out at ssb64commentary. could be cool to commentate the finals or something like that.
i do not have much time these days, but will try to assist however i can.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Is it ok to host an online smash 64 tourny for money? Like the Winner gets the prize through paypal or check? If so I've got some ideas of hosting some online cash tourny's I just need to get into contact with
some of the good online tournament organizers here like MATTS maybe.
you're gonna have a hard time getting ppl to give their money to a stranger on the internet.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Perfect idea dandan with having the third person to stream. I'm just a little worried
about the people that would rather use p2p and the lag Johns that may be associated with
streaming. But I think I'll make it mandatory to either be streamed or recorded so that
everyone would know it was legit. I'm thiking of hosting a $50.00 first place cash tournament
really soon I hope this turns out good even though $50.00 isn't much it will go up. I want to
start hosting them like every 2 weeks or so and the average prize will be $100.00 or more,
I'm also thinking of making 2nd and 3rd place winners receive cash also. Dandan will you be willing to help me set this up? Oh and one more thing I'm gonna make it so that you don't
have to pay to enter, all of the money is gonna be coming straight out of my pocket and I'm
doing it as a service to the smash64 community.
wats the point, malva, boomfan and jaimeHR would win the money everytime unless someone else gets real good

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
You can do stream through the AQZ plugin. The two people can p2p fine while the third person spectates the match, I don't think it increases delay unless you have a controller plugged in.

xx0EleMenT0xx

Smash Apprentice
You can do stream through the AQZ plugin. The two people can p2p fine while the third person spectates the match, I don't think it increases delay unless you have a controller plugged in.
Thanks for this I will be testing this out tonight. Also for the people that keep saying
malva/boom/jaimehr will always win maybe that is true but I think that this
would bring out more people to compete and the people that used to play competitively
may come back and play for cash since its totally free to enter like maybe Johnny-mc
or Gunz or many more. You guys are forgetting to put MATTS in your list also.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Thanks for this I will be testing this out tonight. Also for the people that keep saying
malva/boom/jaimehr will always win maybe that is true but I think that this
would bring out more people to compete and the people that used to play competitively
may come back and play for cash since its totally free to enter like maybe Johnny-mc
or Gunz or many more. You guys are forgetting to put MATTS in your list also.
lol MATTS!, he gets 5 stocked by jaimeHR, i dont think he would ever win a tourney with those guys in it. But it would be cool if ppl like johnny, tigerbombz and s2j would come back and play online.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Whatever happens, it's really nice of you to do this for the community. Boom and Malva deserve some cash lol.

dandan

Smash Lord
that is a better option, have not checked the spectator option in the aqz plugin yet.
will also decrease dses that will cause disruption in the tourney.

The Star King

Smash Hero
i will help however i can, you can make it mandatory to play on server and not online and be able to stream, and maybe do another tourney with p2p allowed and make it mandatory to record the game, and then you can capture it and upload it to youtube.
i have a commentary channel on youtube, you can check it out at ssb64commentary. could be cool to commentate the finals or something like that.
i do not have much time these days, but will try to assist however i can.
Mandatory to be able to stream, seriously? Just have people record the .krec files.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Ness has a slightly better recovery and much better aerials. He isn't THAT much better but I'd put him below Mario on that list.

Also yes, Puff sucks, worst char.

I would possibly also put Link above Yoshi, possibly.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You guys are wrong about puff being the worst IMO. Sure, the rest is nerfed (laaaaame), but the lack of DI is far better for her than it is for most characters.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah sure her combo starters get buffed up but it means crap all when you haven't got a decent combo finisher.

Also lack of DI works in the favour of people who use a lot of drills, like mario dair>uair combo becomes a lot more useful.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
link has goddamn buff aerials and u-tilt is amazing, plus slightly higher jumps and recovery

ness has an alright recovery with longer lasting attack frames, less ending lag, etc, plus a downgraded u-tilt (which is actually an upgrade), buffed u-air and smashes, mm

probably more stuff i forgot, smash index has a section with all the differences

The Star King

Smash Hero
Because there was practically no competitive scene, so they didn't really know what they were doing.

They made better choices for Melee NTSC to PAL.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I prefer the Japanese smash 64 Falcon, I find his combos easier due to his slightly better jumps

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I need someone to do something for me.

I need some data.

1) I need to know the exact number of frames a shield can be held before breaking, with no prior damage, from the moment the shield begins to degrade. Checked myself, exactly 900 frames.
2) I need to know the exact number of frames, excluding shield stun, that a shield can be held after sustaining X amount of damage. Breaks 90 frames sooner after sustaining 5%. 18 frames times the number of % damage.
3) I need to know either exactly or roughly how quickly the shield recovers.
4) I need to know, roughly, how much the last move used degrades by.

The first three will help me figure out both the maximum amount of shield, shield degradation, and shield recovery. The last one should be self-explanatory.

The Star King

Smash Hero
1) I need to know the exact number of frames a shield can be held before breaking, with no prior damage, from the moment the shield begins to degrade. Checked myself, exactly 900 frames.
2) I need to know the exact number of frames, excluding shield stun, that a shield can be held after sustaining X amount of damage. Breaks 90 frames sooner after sustaining 5%. 18 frames times the number of % damage.
Hmm... I remember that I figured out 55% damage is needed to break a full shield, assuming the shield doesn't shrink during shield stun. However, if it's 18 frames * the % damage, it should be 990 frames for a full shield to break, not 900. So IDK.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I am so very, very confused. It takes 55% damage to break a shield? How can Samus' up-B break shields in one go, then? I thought that shield damage was a totally separate statistic from damage dealt.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah like pound and stuff.

Is it just B-moves? I think samus' upsmash maxes at 50, doesn't it? And it can break shields situationally.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hmmm, sounds about right. *sigh* looks like I have to test for every single move. w/e, I'll set aside a weekend sometime.

Also, if it's 55% to break the shield, 900 frames, means the average move takes off 16 frames or so.

Also, does anyone know of an N64 emulator that actually has frame advance?

IYM!

Smash Lord
link has goddamn buff aerials and u-tilt is amazing, plus slightly higher jumps and recovery

ness has an alright recovery with longer lasting attack frames, less ending lag, etc, plus a downgraded u-tilt (which is actually an upgrade), buffed u-air and smashes, mm

probably more stuff i forgot, smash index has a section with all the differences
man, is true, Link have better recovery in (J), his Utilt is stronger, like melee utilt and his bomb have less knock back, is good for gimps, but dont so good for combos.

is funnier play with this Link, and the sound of the hits ( punches, kiks) are funnier too

Top Bottom