• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Use meebo.com for AIM/MSN.
I pretty much quit MSN so AIM is the way to go imo. ;]

I watched game 1 against Sonic, your Ike seems more ground-based than most. Interesting o-o
I just noticed a few execution mistakes and such on your part. But I noticed that you used Dair as soon you got hit in the air too many times. I would suggest trying to jump out the way and fast falling away from Sonic. I think fast falled Nair would work too when trying to land safely.

I'll go ahead and watch the other matches.
Against Sonic, you really shouldn't be in the air unless it's neutral air to jab.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
agreed, sonic is pretty mediocre on the ground but is great at juggling opponents in the air, so for a character which is easy to juggle anyway, we really dotn want to be there.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
As of late, I haven't been on as often. I doubt there is any sort of advancement since the last time.
There's a new jab canceling method discussed a few 5-10 pages ago. It talks about being able to connect up-tilt and b-air automatically (which wern't guaranteed pending on the opponent's DI). Go read it up.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
There's a new jab canceling method discussed a few 5-10 pages ago. It talks about being able to connect up-tilt and b-air automatically (which wern't guaranteed pending on the opponent's DI). Go read it up.
that sounds good, but cant find, link?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Code:
actor MisterDoom 31100
{
  //$Category "ZDoom Monster Pack"
  obituary "%o met Mr. Doom, but didn't get it right."
}
"%o" means "Whoever read this"

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm really liking playing falcos nowadays... Trying to wrap my head around what makes it so hard (30:70 hard)

Falco boards has the old ratio at 70:30

But this picture (up to date as of this month) has a tentative ratio of 60:40

http://i46.tinypic.com/537prb.png

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Kirk is (was? lol) probably the best Ike vs Falco. I wish he would he explain everything in that MU vs him. =.=

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hm.

I'm really just thinking about a couple things at once in multiple situation (boxing,powershielding, either offstage(gimping, etc), recovering from % down, possible attacks, aerials, & platforms).

Offtopic: Hey gais, what should I do for my 1000th post?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Make a stunning revelation about Ike

falco isn't that hard. he has trouble killing and is short ranged so that's great for Ike. Powershield and/or SHAD lasers and grab him when he tries to laser approach.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Make a stunning revelation about Ike

falco isn't that hard. he has trouble killing and is short ranged so that's great for Ike. Powershield and/or SHAD lasers and grab him when he tries to laser approach.
on the flip side, ike is possible the biggest laser and CG-fodder behind ganondorf, hes not fast, his jumps are small and is laggy, so the first half of a stock is pretty easy for a falco if they time stuff right. they have to save their upsmash as primary ground kill move though, and seeing as ike is one of the fastest fallers in the game thats not killing us anytime soon, fsmash shouldnt really hit unless you get mindgamed into it, and b-air will probably be stale by the time youre in killing range, so i guess its all about surviving, after all, about 6 reasonable hits on falco and hes in killing range for us, the typical lightweight vs. heavyweight debate i spose.
on the other hand, falco's dsmash is more effective on ike than most

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Hm.

I'm really just thinking about a couple things at once in multiple situation (boxing,powershielding, either offstage(gimping, etc), recovering from % down, possible attacks, aerials, & platforms).

Offtopic: Hey gais, what should I do for my 1000th post?
You should come in Europe and play with me :chuckle:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
When falco lazers, there's no need to jump at all. Just powershield. Falco can't gimp us with lazers either, as far as I know.

At a medium distance, dash attack works if they don't retreat the lazer. I haven't tried it enough on a falco jumping backwards to see if it's easy to work. The thing that makes the matchup turn around from pretty bad to not so bad surprisingly is bthrow to dash attack imo. We used to have no reason to grab falco at most percents, because his grabs were much more dangerous.

Now we have the choice of mixing up jabs and grabs as we please. Bthrow to dash attack is an immediate offstage, and it doesn't bring falco very high above the stage. Ike can be pretty annoying to falco offstage, because Ike can easily force air dodges, especially if falco wants to conserve his jump for a little while. A falco needs to play smart offstage, or they risk getting hit by dash attacks or jabs, but they don't want to go below the stage (for very long) either.

All in all, I'm just saying that falco can't really gimp us very reliably as far as I know, and Ike won't be losing consistently in a boxing match. Falco's defensive/play it safe game is pretty amazing, though, so I believe we'll still have to outplay our opponents to win, because most of the match will be onstage anyways. I just feel a lot of previous beliefs of the matchup are a little antique is all. If the MU is still very bad, it'll have to be for other new reasons, but I don't notice any of that tbqh.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
I love how Ike requires actual skill to win. He's probably the most advanced character in the whole lot...well, him and Ganon. Just saying...

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I always seem to lose the boxing match against Falco since his jab hits on frame 1. >_>
But if I get behind him with a short hop airdodge->jab/grab, I usually win that time.

@Shinde, Ike is really limited with options, I wouldn't consider that advanced. It's just a challenge to win with him.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Idk, I don' really try all too hard when I'm beating someone lol, as long as you know what to do through lots of experience.

SHAD behind falco doesn't seem too reliable to me @_@

Red-X: I think up close it's 50/50 to slightly in favor of Ike on who'll win out. Falco, from what I experienced, can't do as much out of a jab as we can, unless we were way too close to falco when we got jabbed.

Falco just needs to push us away though, which his jab is very capable to help accomplish. You won't get damaged much though, and we have a lot more to gain winning up close.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes. Your ganon is miles ahead of your snake, lol. It must be the Purple tbqh.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The only thing to worry about Falco after he finishes CG'in you is his one kill move...F-smash. Yea he will laser a lot, illusion away, laser some more, but you can take that stuff if you want as long as you don't get by an F-Smash. Someone mentioned this earlier, but his jab comes out faster, which can be annoying at times. Finally, when trying to recover from off stage, his lasers can get annoying, and watch out for him to jump off stage and b-air you into the bottom of the stage.

Other then that, it's not so bad. It just takes some serious reads to figure out if he's gonna illusion away or not.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
I guess I worded what I meant badly. I think I meant the player has to be advanced. Like he can't be awful to find success with Ike because the game tends to return Ike's outlook on sympathy. But if you want to succeed with Ike, you have to know all the advanced competitive techniques (especially reading).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I guess I worded what I meant badly. I think I meant the player has to be advanced. Like he can't be awful to find success with Ike because the game tends to return Ike's outlook on sympathy. But if you want to succeed with Ike, you have to know all the advanced competitive techniques (especially reading).
Reading is not a technique, it's a practice.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Many people do things to test what their opponents do at the beginning of a match. Maybe I will jab someone's shield and not continue the jab, they might roll or they might always ledge hop air dodge, or anything. Once you start noticing people patterns, you can start predicting them. Until you start doing that, its just guessing. Melee has really helped my reading.. I don't really play brawl anymore, but I used ike a few days ago, and it seemed like I was much better at the game, though I was rusty with ike, I knew when my opponent was going to roll or spot dodge, or ledge jump etc.

Most advice I could give you would be, watch your opponent and the space in between you and your opponent. You will notice what your opponent does more if you are more focused on him. The more comfortable you are with your character the less you have to 'look' at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom