• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
"The ease to play as your character justifies any losses I may incur against it."

Or something along the lines of that.

Seriously though, each character in this game has individual combo moves, separate techs, hitbox sizes and frame data. You can't instantly switch from one to another without some sort of lingering effect (unless you have used both for a very long time). I think that every character is easy at a casual level (where you don't need to know most of the above, just know that "Ike has a giant sword") and that every character is difficult enough at a high level of play where mistakes do get punished. Hard.

The main difference between characters in high level play is the reward you get for using them. Meta Knight gets more reward for the same amount of usage time as Link does.

^All imo.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
"The ease to play as your character justifies any losses I may incur against it."

Or something along the lines of that.

Seriously though, each character in this game has individual combo moves, separate techs, hitbox sizes and frame data. You can't instantly switch from one to another without some sort of lingering effect (unless you have used both for a very long time). I think that every character is easy at a casual level (where you don't need to know most of the above, just know that "Ike has a giant sword") and that every character is difficult enough at a high level of play where mistakes do get punished. Hard.

The main difference between characters in high level play is the reward you get for using them. Meta Knight gets more reward for the same amount of usage time as Link does.

^All imo.
this man must surely take philosophy!
its very true though, but of course i think people need to be 'in tune' with their respective character if you get what i mean, for example, i picked up ike and got the hang of him pretty quickly, but i cannot for the life of me use metaknight(which is wierd cause i thought everyone could use him) or dedede despite them theoretically being easier to play well, so certain people get higher rewards with certain characters, if you get me

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Noob here again. Just a question about the way I play. I sometimes run at my opponent, turn quickly(right word?), and set up a u-smash so that I hit with the end of the attack. Is this good? Please note that I am still a noob, fighting other noobs. And by turn quickly, I'm talking about the same way for setting up a bair rush or whatever it was called.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Noob here again. Just a question about the way I play. I sometimes run at my opponent, turn quickly(right word?), and set up a u-smash so that I hit with the end of the attack. Is this good? Please note that I am still a noob, fighting other noobs. And by turn quickly, I'm talking about the same way for setting up a bair rush or whatever it was called.
you mean reverse ariel rush, and i wouldnt really call it a decent approach, only for killing, but its probably ok for killing because the back end of the attack is longer range than the front

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
make sure that you jump after the pivot when performing the upsmash. I would find the most use in this when the opponent is near the edge of the stage. There's not much of a risk doing it then. Just be wary of the extra time needed to pivot before the actual upsmash is able to come out.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Thanks. Also, how much extra time do you think it takes compared to just regularly setting it up. Me still being a noob can barely see any difference of time between the two.
=__= i THINK we's being trolled here...

regardless, buffering the RAR(reverse ariel rush) is a lot faster than regularly approaching facing backwards

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It doesn't matter, since he's probably mostly telling the truth anyways even if it's just trolling lol. I'm just bored studying for Diff Eq final anyways =/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This is the proper way to usmash. Front side of usmash is very very punishable but backside is not as much. (Comparison: Front side get's DK fsmash'd, backside does NOT)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
=__= i THINK we's being trolled here...

regardless, buffering the RAR(reverse ariel rush) is a lot faster than regularly approaching facing backwards
Do you even know the definition of trolling? He's not trolling. If he's attempting to, that's the weakest trolling I've ever seen.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Lol, the vids have been up for at least a couple days already. I was so tired/out of it before the match, had to try to focus again for the next 10 mins.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
your Ike can teleport.... seriously wtf on MK's uair
how can sdi do THAT much for you? srsly, you must mash in a direction like 10 times im half a second

edit: oh wait, forgot what i was gonna ask XP
yeah, what the best way for ike to capitalise on fox's insane falling speed? i cant seem to do anything in that matchup, sadly the fox main i always seem to come up against is an ex-ike main, so he knows the moveset well and such

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
edit: oh wait, forgot what i was gonna ask XP
yeah, what the best way for ike to capitalise on fox's insane falling speed? i cant seem to do anything in that matchup, sadly the fox main i always seem to come up against is an ex-ike main, so he knows the moveset well and such
Here is how to capitalize on Fox's fall speed:

Jab
Any Throw

Physics is helping you. You just don't know it.

Speaking of physics, I actually have to go to class today. Worst birthday ever. Also, I need advice: How do you typically respond to the mass of Facebook "Happy Birthday" posts that usually occur. Do I answer all of them or just the large ones / ones with questions? Every year I have this problem. I figured I might as well ask you guys.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
How can your fingers move so fast for that o_O

@Golden: When fox is above you, it's really best just to get out of the way, and use aerials from afar. It's much easier to rely on jab and retreating nairs in this match, cause of fox's movement speed. Fox isn't that hard to jab.

Happy birthday Light! It could be worse, at least it's just class and not a final =). I try to respond to as many as I can, making more personal posts to the people I know better.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I don't think my fingers are moving that fast. There have been some guys who would come up to me and tell me they're going to watch my controller when I SDI like that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
o_O why are there always so many birthdays in May! I know for a fact I'm sharing my birthday (which is this friday) with two other pikachu mains @_@

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm volunteering Mr. Doom to have a SDI teaching class. I'd attend. =)

o_O why are there always so many birthdays in May! I know for a fact I'm sharing my birthday (which is this friday) with two other pikachu mains @_@
Depends, what goes on 9 months prior?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Guys, off the top, for me it's looking like

bair=fair=upair>=nair(ease of use)>dair

I tried getting hit by snake's uptilt on FD, and dair couldnt even let me survive at 130%

I tested it out with all the other aerials, and bair helped me live until 136%

On the sides, air dodge+ jump + QD helped me survive the longest too, but not by many % more than air dodge+jump.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
idk, try it out. Dair was the worst for me to survive. I'm wondering if it's the same for anyone else.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That almost sounds like a bad Yo Dawg joke, Red-X lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ONLY reason i see bair doing so well is because it makes you DI side ways too which saves you from vertical attacks as well.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Ussi

... wat
I don't think aerials have any relation to which way you DI, because you can't use an aerial a good deal after you already DId an attack, + I used cstick to input the aerial and then fast fell with control stick.

Bair is just as good as upair, fair, and upair, but better than dair for me. It's also as good as nair, but it's harder to do with non-attack stick (I was CPU controlled) and when I used dair I just kept dying instead of surviving.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well i'm thinking you are inputting bair at least somewhat during the time you get hit...

I find myself using uair all the time to survive off the side, mainly cause i am just trying to DI up so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom