• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
If you're interested in the speed of Dsmash, just use Utilt. It comes out on the same frame (13). It has more knockback if sweetspotted and tons less ending lag always. And I'm pretty sure it has a better disjointed hitbox and more range.

Conversation over.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, well, i think that we have generally agreed on ikes down smash being fairly bad despite its fast startup.
although saying that, i used it once in the last tourney i went to, and it won me the match, just something to look at, i find that the down smash can be used (its very situational, as is most of ikes moveset) on top of a platform, most characters trying to hit you from underneath it (unless its a disjointed hitbox (**** marth)) they will take damage and probably take more than you take from them. also, if you do it agaisnt a donkey kong, it will hit them if they happen to be in the wrong spot

im jist saying...but yes, other than that, it really sucks

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
No one wants to mention 2nd Dsmash hit? It is more powerful than the first hit, not that I am saying it makes Dsmash any better XD lol... Also, Bored, I believe knocking them off stage and going for a walkoff Fair is a bad Idea since you can't aether onto the stage afterwards and you have to get the ledge. So if you fail you can say goodbye to a stock at low%... I am sure someone could eyeball it and look for airdodge before they go for it, but i still think of it being too risky for ike...

I keep finding weird things going on with MK's nado that i have never had happen before. I played Melee1 on AiB ladder, and the first match was SV and he was MK, the game was going pretty good and all. I was on the ledge at about 70% and went to ledge hop airdodge onto stage. He was Nadoing at the time and managed to catch me in it after i had jumped, well instead of catching me in the tornado it pulled me toward the lip of the stage and i ended up accidentally teching it. I had realized i had used my jump shortly after and died XP lol.

Also, I got no response on the minimum % to get out of Falco cg...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No one wants to mention 2nd Dsmash hit? It is more powerful than the first hit, not that I am saying it makes Dsmash any better XD lol... Also, Bored, I believe knocking them off stage and going for a walkoff Fair is a bad Idea since you can't aether onto the stage afterwards and you have to get the ledge. So if you fail you can say goodbye to a stock at low%... I am sure someone could eyeball it and look for airdodge before they go for it, but i still think of it being too risky for ike...

Also, I got no response on the minimum % to get out of Falco cg...
1. I was just saying methods of killing, and walk off F-air isn't that bad if you know when to use it. A lot of people are more wary of Ike's walk off D-air so they try to airdodge that, and when they do, they are wide open.

2. I believe it's after 45%, but it shouldn't matter since Falco usually does a boost up-smash after you get to that range of damage.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
You can combo Fox at 0% into both hits of Dsmash if they don't DI.
Deep hit Fast Falled Nair->buffer turn around but you're still inside Fox->Dsmash.

Even that use for Dsmash is horrible since you're not spacing Nair lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
generally, its a bad move, its got some horrible drawbacks (seriously, the ending lag rivals that of the QD) and anything it can do can be covered by u-tilt at the expense of about 3%

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
You know, as a tip, I'd say the next thing to perfect as Ike, is the timing for catching people after their FFADs and Side-steps. Think about how good Ike can be if opponents can't dodge w/o getting smacked? His Usmash has a lot of range so DI won't work too well if you can cover where they're about to land. Just bait they're jump, predict where they'll end up, and hold an USmash for them. What's several friendlies gonna mean if you can figure out when to release the smash? This is just my opinion, so feel free to (dis)agree

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You know, as a tip, I'd say the next thing to perfect as Ike, is the timing for catching people after their FFADs and Side-steps. Think about how good Ike can be if opponents can't dodge w/o getting smacked? His Usmash has a lot of range so DI won't work too well if you can cover where they're about to land. Just bait they're jump, predict where they'll end up, and hold an USmash for them. What's several friendlies gonna mean if you can figure out when to release the smash? This is just my opinion, so feel free to (dis)agree
This is a general skill for players not Ike. I do this as Pikachu too...

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm gonna better my Ike this way. I'll learn when to release it, generally, then let ya'll know what I've learned. ^^ (just in case somebody would like to know)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That Aetherspike attack is the best thing I've read on a fake Pokemon card since Charmillionaire.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Haha, nice pokemon card. I liked the mindgames part. xD

Edit: I made a Yugioh card a while ago...but it's not as funny, it was just to be kinda funny since I made it so broken...

Yeah, mine doesn't have as much win as the pokemon Ike card. x( Oh well...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah the timezones, how they confuse me XD
the pokemon card ike was a winner, though the lolfsmash (or wahtever it was, it was on the last page) confused me, im gueesing its some inside story i havent heard XD
just thinking am i the only european person on this board, or have a missed someone?

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Kirk 2-0'd me in my very first tournament set. I wish the matches were recorded; the first was close. Sadness that happened: "Kirk used Quick Draw! Foodies became confused!" What, really? It worked. Multiple times. I probably should've just jumped or something...failed.

But first tourny was still fun! I would definitely go to more. I used Marth though...the midwest has a lot of Ikes (and I would guess Ike experience).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
ah the timezones, how they confuse me XD
the pokemon card ike was a winner, though the lolfsmash (or wahtever it was, it was on the last page) confused me, im gueesing its some inside story i havent heard XD
just thinking am i the only european person on this board, or have a missed someone?
There is a Belgium person (Bladeboys) on the boards. He's pretty chill.

Edit: So if I wanna say this person is Pakistan, I would say "Pakistani", America is "American"...what's Belgium? Belgiuminanan?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm...Belgian sounds kinda weird...ah well.

Red-X, how good is this Smash King guy? He came out of no where and asked me to play him. He says he ain't bad.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Speaking of Belgium... I'm leaving for Air Force BC in about 2 weeks.
lol at acting like the two are relevant

Well I'm gonna be gone for idk...8-10 weeks or so. I do go to a Tech school and am sure I'll have internet service there. I'll get my parents to ship me my netbook and stuff regardless. I'll be around for a little bit longer... just saying stuff. Discuss if you wish.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
aww sheet, thats a wifi habit? ****, well i spose its better than rolling, which is what i replaced.

and yes, its belgian, its one of those countries which is awkward in that way

oh also, needs a tip to make myself start placing top 5 (in the uk, of course XD), how do i make my fair as unpunishable as possible, i keep approaching with it agaisnt opponents, most of the time they get caught off guard by the range of it but those at the highest standards powershield the ***** and then inflict like 30% on me, halp

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Fair as an approach, what is this I don't even. Fairs are mostly meant to be retreated, fast falled, then jab as soon as you land. It's something I do a lot when I use Fair.
I'd use Nair much more than Fair if I was approaching.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Fair as an approach, what is this I don't even. Fairs are mostly meant to be retreated, fast falled, then jab as soon as you land. It's something I do a lot when I use Fair.
I'd use Nair much more than Fair if I was approaching.
okay thanks, i tend to find the nair gets outranged (everyone in this country uses a character with really good range) but umm, the fairs landing lag is quite high, thats what i find to be the biggest problem, people can normally hit me even when i retreat with it

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Belgian waffles = good times

Anyway i need to brush oup on my ike when using the combat walk the timing puts a hole in the purpose of it trapping the enemy then when you have them to the edge i got to get the intial jab to Dtilt finish right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom