• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Belgian waffles = good times

Anyway i need to brush oup on my ike when using the combat walk the timing puts a hole in the purpose of it trapping the enemy then when you have them to the edge i got to get the intial jab to Dtilt finish right.
you say that, most people dont get that you can get out of the combat walk really easily (unless theyre heavyweight) with SDI, srsly, i can normally only get 2 hits in when someone sdi;s it

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
you say that, most people dont get that you can get out of the combat walk really easily (unless theyre heavyweight) with SDI, srsly, i can normally only get 2 hits in when someone sdi;s it
Oh i didn't put down the detail of a heavyweight ppl lighter than maybe link would be out as soon as you do the kick.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
well yeah, people are realising this, and sadly, this is why ike is probably going to end up bottom tier
Its hard to accept the fact but tier lists aren't a practical message saying this is better than this if were gonna make tier list why not just make one for different races i mean you can told one thing and prove the opposite to the same person you just have to be really good to pull off something as hard as ike.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Its hard to accept the fact but tier lists aren't a practical message saying this is better than this if were gonna make tier list why not just make one for different races i mean you can told one thing and prove the opposite to the same person you just have to be really good to pull off something as hard as ike.
yeah yeah i know, but he is gradually slipping down, because as the game gets more defensive and more campy, ike will suffer more and more because he is true fodder to everything in the game.
but ill continue to use him anyway, i get recognition for placing ninth in the latest national with ike (but then again, we are notorious for being amazing with low tiers)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
SDI's been used for over 2 years. I doubt anything is going to change much from now =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
truuee...i still think hes going to end up at the bottom, although wud be greatly appreciated if youd go and win a well publicised tournament thanx

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
yeah yeah i know, but he is gradually slipping down, because as the game gets more defensive and more campy, ike will suffer more and more because he is true fodder to everything in the game.
but ill continue to use him anyway, i get recognition for placing ninth in the latest national with ike (but then again, we are notorious for being amazing with low tiers)
You must have a amazing ike golden psyco. Care to show me some pointers i've been trying to level up my ike for a while and getting a little feedback from a fellow ike user would be good to be show him to.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
truuee...i still think hes going to end up at the bottom, although wud be greatly appreciated if youd go and win a well publicised tournament thanx
No clue whether to take that as sarcasm, an insult, or what.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk 2-0'd me in my very first tournament set. I wish the matches were recorded; the first was close. Sadness that happened: "Kirk used Quick Draw! Foodies became confused!" What, really? It worked. Multiple times. I probably should've just jumped or something...failed.
Kirk also knocked me out of Losers Quarterfinals for the Brawl+ tournament... I hate Ike dittos :(.
I'm just too good like this.

Lrn2Jab.

BEST IKE ALIVE

Heartstring

Smash Legend
No clue whether to take that as sarcasm, an insult, or what.
was meant to be taken as a compliment, because hell youre the best one in the world (i think) so if anyones gonna do it its you.

You must have a amazing ike golden psyco. Care to show me some pointers i've been trying to level up my ike for a while and getting a little feedback from a fellow ike user would be good to be show him to.
umm...i wouldnt say its amazing, im an ike in the uk, the uk isnt exactly a great smash community, and if you wanted pointers, i would ask kirk or san rather than me, im still pretty new

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Kirk. I'm going to a Brawl- tourney on the 1st. Tips? How are Ike and Zelda in the latest build?
ive played it, the newest one, zelda is pretty much the same as the last brawl- installment, ike hasnt got much different from normal gameplay, his QD dosent put you into helpless and aether heals if you hit someone with the hitbox of when you hit the floor (never saw how much it heals by though)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
In the very first build, Ike had both of those things, the Aether healed 2% (lol-able), and you could charge eruption all the way and then hold it like Samus's charge shot or DK's giant punch (except you could only hold full charge, not partial charge. Jabs cancelled faster, tilts came out faster, smashes came out faster, windboxes on Fair and Fsmash, and counter did lightning damage with stupidly awesome knockback. I wanted to know what's different.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@psyco: oh ok. I read it wrong I wreckon lol.

I see a lot of people accepting brawl- much more than brawl+ and bbrawl, even from people who don't wish to get into competitive brawl.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
B+ screams competitive.
BB is just Brawl
B- is more mindless fun than the game it's based on.

What did you expect?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Really I was thinking just about all modifications of brawl wouldn't reach that great a level of popularity/people liking it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
aww sheet, thats a wifi habit? ****, well i spose its better than rolling, which is what i replaced.

and yes, its belgian, its one of those countries which is awkward in that way

oh also, needs a tip to make myself start placing top 5 (in the uk, of course XD), how do i make my fair as unpunishable as possible, i keep approaching with it agaisnt opponents, most of the time they get caught off guard by the range of it but those at the highest standards powershield the ***** and then inflict like 30% on me, halp
No one even knows how good the UK players are. If you had to take UK's best player and pit him in a tournament here, how do you think they would do? No one knows. Kinda like the mindless debate on if Japan is better than US or vice versa.

In any case, Ben is probably gonna wuss out of his training and come crying back here.

Kirk has been secretly training. Like Vegeta, he took a spaceship to no where and turned SSJ. He is now ready to fight San.

Penta finally kissed a girl besides his mom and someone who wasn't a -5/10. Congrats.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Hey....wtf does SSJ stand for? I don't see no J in Super Sayain >.>
Also, if anybody here didn't know yet, Penta is ranked 9th in NY ;o

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
QD->Stored Eruption=Win, technically you can intervene with QD attacking animation and get an attack in before the QD hitbox comes out. Since the stored eruption is a fully charged one it autobreaks shield so yeah. Would probably be better to wait til QD hits the shield so they can't drop it immidiately to escape/roll (shield stun is it? idk). You can only cancel QD with another attack or whatever if it is in the air OR if it is on the ground AND it goes into attack animation... If you QD on the ground and you don't hit a target or swing at a target you cannot cancel it with another attack. So from what i have tested out combos like QD-> angeled up Ftilt work at low % at least, but mainly gayest thing Ike can do is QD->stored eruption. XD lol.

As for Zelda, she pretty much has a second hitbox for EVERY attack that isn't a special. This includes all tilts, smashes (excluding upsmash) i think Dsmash has one XD haha, even her jab has 2nd hit box. I think Nair doesn't have 2nd hitbox. Some interesting things with Zelda are, the longer you hold Dins fire out the bigger and more powerful it gets, so like i have done is on PS1 when the windmill or some transformation with a wall is out you can dins fire into it while it increases though eventually you will have to go but it is massive! 0.o lol....

One more interesting thing is Snake you can angle his Fsmash Down/Forward/Up. If you angle it forward then it will go off 3 times(increasing in size and distance) and you can charge it each of the 3 times which gives room for epicly gay mind games so don't spot dodge XD. If you angle it down or up(same attack) it will make about 6 spaced explosions go off on the ground in a line which makes you go. WTF?!?!!? XD lol

If you want we can play B- at hotbox for some practice XD or we can practice at Phase 8, or you can practice on your own XD lol its pretty cool stuff.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm really not that good anymore...I've been busy doing other stuff and/or just coding brawl-. Last saturday was the first time I played vBrawl in who knows how long...9th/36th...but meh, maybe one of these days I'll get back into practice.

As for brawl-, hit me up on AIM if you want to know stuffs. I'm too lazy to type out stuff.

Word of the day is "stuff" btw.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Kirk has been training on 500x earth gravity? dang son... Well, if you find any cool/useful things with Ike be sure to post here =)

I'm still trying to get a feel for jab strings-->ftilt. I'll find the timing someday =l

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Because in japanese, it was called Super Saiya-Jin. Jin meaning "form" or "person". Know your roots.

Good stuff from Penta. It's good to see him still using G&W despite the fact a lot of people have given up on him. Red, is he ranked in ALL of NY or just some portion of it?

Edit: Slaps have you ever experienced this in B-? If you try to turn off a controller on the character select screen while someone's controller is plugged in, it will only go to CPU or Human. You can't turn it off o_o.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
that is the problem with that kind of character select screen, same goes on Zac's wii, if you edit the character select screen to that type of layout then you can't remove a person by clicking name =\ lol... it sucks but oh well XD. Kinda annoying at times haha.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Because in japanese, it was called Super Saiya-Jin. Jin meaning "form" or "person". Know your roots.

Good stuff from Penta. It's good to see him still using G&W despite the fact a lot of people have given up on him. Red, is he ranked in ALL of NY or just some portion of it?

Edit: Slaps have you ever experienced this in B-? If you try to turn off a controller on the character select screen while someone's controller is plugged in, it will only go to CPU or Human. You can't turn it off o_o.
I'm not Japanese ;-; I didn't even watch the Japanese version of DBZ lol look at how non-weaboo I am.

Um, NY has 2 PRs. San's area(Upstate NY) and then we have the NYC/Long Island PR, which is what Penta is ranked on.

metroid1117

Smash Master
According to my friend, it's an error in the coding that they haven't been able to fix yet.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I put Ike in my modded doom levels. His F-Smash comes out 2 frames faster, and it can one-shot you, the player.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
One-shot yum yum.

BTW, your Warlock Punch to counter combo is one of the best things I've ever seen, lol.

Kirk, I'll hit you up on AIM sometime... too late at the moment, but... soon.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I put Ike in my modded doom levels. His F-Smash comes out 2 frames faster, and it can one-shot you, the player.
I'd like to try some of those levels. I've seen some of your videos for them, but unfortunately my computer that used to have Doom and Doom II failed years ago and won't boot now. I miss those games. Now I only have a Mac so running Doom is an impossibility unless I want to install Windows on my drive... which I may do.

:034:

Hist

Smash Cadet
QD->Stored Eruption=Win, technically you can intervene with QD attacking animation and get an attack in before the QD hitbox comes out. Since the stored eruption is a fully charged one it autobreaks shield so yeah. Would probably be better to wait til QD hits the shield so they can't drop it immidiately to escape/roll (shield stun is it? idk). You can only cancel QD with another attack or whatever if it is in the air OR if it is on the ground AND it goes into attack animation... If you QD on the ground and you don't hit a target or swing at a target you cannot cancel it with another attack. So from what i have tested out combos like QD-> angeled up Ftilt work at low % at least, but mainly gayest thing Ike can do is QD->stored eruption. XD lol.

As for Zelda, she pretty much has a second hitbox for EVERY attack that isn't a special. This includes all tilts, smashes (excluding upsmash) i think Dsmash has one XD haha, even her jab has 2nd hit box. I think Nair doesn't have 2nd hitbox. Some interesting things with Zelda are, the longer you hold Dins fire out the bigger and more powerful it gets, so like i have done is on PS1 when the windmill or some transformation with a wall is out you can dins fire into it while it increases though eventually you will have to go but it is massive! 0.o lol....

One more interesting thing is Snake you can angle his Fsmash Down/Forward/Up. If you angle it forward then it will go off 3 times(increasing in size and distance) and you can charge it each of the 3 times which gives room for epicly gay mind games so don't spot dodge XD. If you angle it down or up(same attack) it will make about 6 spaced explosions go off on the ground in a line which makes you go. WTF?!?!!? XD lol

If you want we can play B- at hotbox for some practice XD or we can practice at Phase 8, or you can practice on your own XD lol its pretty cool stuff.
Stored Eruption O.o when could you store Eruption?

Also need help ike vs. snake. Discuss plzz. how am im suppose to not get blown up.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Stored Eruption O.o when could you store Eruption?

Also need help ike vs. snake. Discuss plzz. how am im suppose to not get blown up.
He's talking about Brawl-. Read beforehand plz.

To beat Snake, you run balls in, dodge, shield his f-tilt, react with jab or b-air. Use n-air if he likes to spot dodge. Try to get him off stage, and repeat.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Something to watch out against Snake that recently happened to me.
I jabbed him once, he SDI'd up and towards me, I tried to grab but before the grab came out by a little, the Snake bair'd and hit me with the front of his body -.-

And one frame data question.
Can Ike shield Snake's Ftilt1, drop shield and jab immediately to either clash with Snake's Ftilt2 or will Ike's jab/Snake's Ftilt2 hit depending on spacing?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'd like to try some of those levels. I've seen some of your videos for them, but unfortunately my computer that used to have Doom and Doom II failed years ago and won't boot now. I miss those games. Now I only have a Mac so running Doom is an impossibility unless I want to install Windows on my drive... which I may do.

:034:
You should do that, definitely. A couple links to downloads that you need are located on my youtube channel.

Red: I think it is possible to "oos jab" Snake before the second part of his ftilt comes out.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's much easier to just bait the aerial and grab(or jab) OoS when you jab people.

About ftilt, I'd rather not try. At a medium distance, if you regular shield the first hit of ftilt, it usually pushes you farther than ike's jab1 range. At very close distances or on powershields, maybe.

Btw:

Watkins made a use attack stick blog

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=66253

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I guess I should just stick to SDI'ing Ftilt1 when I know it's gonna hit me -.-
It would be nice to know what we can do after a normal shielded Ftilt1 besides holding shield/spotdodge =/

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Really close, I think you'll be able to. Since some snakes like to hold off on the second hit of ftilt, it'll be worth it to figure out what actually works or not in an actual match.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Usual Lurking self

i wanna get an ike head next to my name next season! lol
teach me!

Weren't you the one telling me to drop him everytime you caught me on aim? lol;[

and gratz on your thumb healing again!
now you don't have an excuse when ya lose to san again:p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
No one even knows how good the UK players are. If you had to take UK's best player and pit him in a tournament here, how do you think they would do? No one knows. Kinda like the mindless debate on if Japan is better than US or vice versa.
oh really? well to be honest, if we sent out very best (known as calzorz as trio3) they would probably do well, and POSSIBLY kira, but other htan that wed probably get owned, our scene isnt exactly vibrant, european scene is much better, and i would say the euro scene is on par with japan and america, just with a different metagame. the problem with the uk scene (which allows ultra spam, im currently worknig on it though) is the fact that there is no ledgegrab limit, although me and a friend have an awesome plan to force them to make a rule.
me? im no god at this game, id probably do decent in the pools, but not decent enough to get out of them (this would be regarding a larger tournament)

and my technique to beating snake is to throw his grenades back if he throws them instantly, if he dosent then just sheild them, they NEVER expect to see them coming back, they often panic, also, if they place a mine while your dead, walk straight over it, your invincibility means it wont hurt you but will blow up anyway.
and if he plants it during the fight, you can blow it up with the lowest hitbox of the fair, but only do this if the snake isnt approaching you, or jsut generalyl use your brain when it comes to this.

also, if he approaches with mortar slide, hold A, the jab will knock him out of it and you can do normal jab stuff, sadly if he initiated the mortar slide right over you, youre going to get hit and some point either that or kill your shield TT_TT

is it jsut me, or are almost all of my posts really long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom