• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Grenade Stripping and cooking says Hi, and no Snake is afraid of their own grenade being thrown back at them. They sometimes use it as a decoy.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I rarely throw grenades back at Snake. I just run around them and leave them to blow up on their own. However, when opportunity presents itself, I'll try to use a grenade that happens to be in the right place to link into something else.

*looks at Watkins's blog*
How is C-stick attack extremely useful for Marth?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Japanese Ike players are indeed ridiculously flashy. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though, actually. They seem to be successful enough in the few videos I've seen of them, though.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
welp after looking through some vids with 9B[a loving hot japanese DDD player] i found some vids with an ike he faced. Idk if he'd be considered good in your eyes so i'll leave a a link.

Oh and the reason everyone and their mom should have the hots for 9B is simple;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_Fn2h0YwU
^^^ tournament match

VVVV an Ike player called Selcia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXMf5Cf-W5Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNjKyryp478&feature=related

theres more on youtube

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I thought that was weird at first too but then I realized that they have a really huge jab emphasis (like, huger than us) that goes as far as dashing into the opponent only to shield and jab. When you think about it, that could easily beat an Olimar player who just thinks about shieldgrabbing. Not saying I don't think Ike loses to Olimar or anything, just trying to justify what could go through their heads.

EDIT: I didn't click the link, Dark, but if I recall correctly 9B played against Selcia? I think Selcia is a very flashy player (still solid) but the match that he played against that D3 wasn't too hot.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
oh hey i didnt know you had a picture of san up on your bed room wall too!

:ike:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lmao...youtube comment....On the IC Matchup.

TehBrettster: Meh, I call it even. Mayyyybe 55-45 Ike. And I'm always on the Ike boards. I can't remember the last time we had a legit match-up discussion, and if you're saying both boards agreed, then they agreed before I came around... and the meta game has evolved a bit since then.
Ike's range and effective jabs do a ton for him in this match-up.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bored, which character are you talking about?

Btw, I was playing some olimars at MLG, and bthrow to dash attack STILL *****, even if it isn't guaranteed. Oli matchup is weird, we could be down easily by like 40-50%, but all we need is 1 hit in and we go to town lol. I said this before, but my opinion is only reinforced after playing some olis at MLG

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My mistake, I meant Ice Climbers.

Also, I agree with you. Once we can land a few blows on Oli and get him in the air or offstage, we just have to make good reads, and the stock is good as ours. The only problem is, a lot of Olimars are trained to get back to the ground, so we gotta out think them.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oh, ok. we'll save oli talk for another day.

I don't think ICs are that hard myself (and I have a pretty good ICs main in my region), but it is still very scary. Just at so many opportunities (especially after nair and jab), Ike can just demolish nana and that's an entire stock wasted for ICs. But it's still scary

-RedX-

Smash Lord
The hitbox on Ike's bthrow is actually useful against ICs if you manage you kick one of them which separates them even further leading to some lulzy setups/kills.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The hitbox on Ike's bthrow is actually useful against ICs if you manage you kick one of them which separates them even further leading to some lulzy setups/kills.
Fthrow is better. ICs with reaction time will hit you when you grab. Backthrow, yes, does give you a frame advantage against whomever you throw... but it takes a LOT longer than Fthrow in total time. Grab + Fthrow = You won't get punished, but often times, they'll try to punish. This means you can punish their missed punish with a jab or something.
Oh and Fthrow has that same hitbox thing. I find it much, much more useful in up-close situations, and if you're not in up-close situations, WTF are you doing grabbing Nana instead of Fsmashing her?
How to meatknight?
L+R+A+Start.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
icies....be an unpunishable as possible, ban FD and SV,youll end up on either battlefield (your best) lylat (tilting+similar setup to BF) or yoshi's (slants make the cg's harder)
i havent had much icy experience in tournaments (i suck at playing outside of tourneys)
but for olimar, take the ******* to lylat, not only is it good for you, the terrian gives them mainly yellow pikmin, they always want purples and blues, they are less likely to appear on lylat than any other neutral.

metaknight...get a secondary...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
icies....be an unpunishable as possible, ban FD and SV,youll end up on either battlefield (your best) lylat (tilting+similar setup to BF) or yoshi's (slants make the cg's harder)
i havent had much icy experience in tournaments (i suck at playing outside of tourneys)
but for olimar, take the ******* to lylat, not only is it good for you, the terrian gives them mainly yellow pikmin, they always want purples and blues, they are less likely to appear on lylat than any other neutral.

metaknight...get a secondary...
No one gives a **** about Lylat here. We'd rather use PS1 as a starter.

And one thing PS1 holds over the other stages is that when the stage changes, you automatically get grab released...so if you can be reckless at one point in the match, that's the time.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
No one gives a **** about Lylat here. We'd rather use PS1 as a starter.

And one thing PS1 holds over the other stages is that when the stage changes, you automatically get grab released...so if you can be reckless at one point in the match, that's the time.
we feel that the stage changed on PS1 make more of a difference to the game than the slight tilting of lylat, but whatever, each to their own i spose.
but yeah, ps1 works just as well on icies, not sure about olimar though, i guess they are both grabby characters

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@theboredone if the background is effecting you then imo youre not focused

@mr. doom think that then, personally i find mk is be ikes most horrible matchup by far, although on the other hand it might jsut be me because we suffer(is it suffering?) from a lack of MK's in the uk, srsly, we have like....2

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Oh and Fthrow has that same hitbox thing. I find it much, much more useful in up-close situations, and if you're not in up-close situations, WTF are you doing grabbing Nana instead of Fsmashing her?
Fthrow hitbox hits them backwards too? o.o Didn't know that, just thought it hits them forward.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
@theboredone if the background is effecting you then imo youre not focused

@mr. doom think that then, personally i find mk is be ikes most horrible matchup by far, although on the other hand it might jsut be me because we suffer(is it suffering?) from a lack of MK's in the uk, srsly, we have like....2
You're so cute, it's almost funny.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I know that Fthrow hits others too(which is why I said hitbox lol). I just didn't know that hit sent others backwards, not forward.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Another smashfest today, whoo. If they have the infinite replay cheat on I am definitely going to try to get a few videos.

Also I think I have a Meta Knight weakness, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom