• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada and Lucky Donation Drive with Incentives! $3755 received,

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
UPDATE:

Ok so with Mango's last response leaning to no, and not responding with the newer deadline, I won't be including him in this vote.
aMSa also has not replied since shortly after EVO and will also not be included.

The current voting options are:

Lucky
Fiction
Hugs
Wizzrobe
Australians
Future Gear

An explanation of how the voting works, and each option:

Lucky, Fiction and Hugs are all west coast players, meaning we are about $700 off with current donations from being able to fund their flights. We will drive for this money but things need to be organized FAST seeing as we are only about 1 month away from this happening.

Wizzrobe is in florida, which means the flights are going to be super expensive, and we are now about $1500 off his flights currently. Again this will need to be organized FAST so we will need to reach REALLY DEEP into our pockets to make this possibly happen.

Australians would be looking at helping the students who would be great to have over, but can't afford the trip seeing as their student. Guys like RJ, Zero, and I'm sure there are others from perth/qld which we can decide on if this option is the top voted.

Future gear would be looking at getting things like monitors, streaming gear, or any other possible equipment each state needs for future tournaments. The smash 4 transition will not be the cheapest and im sure if each state had a couple of Monitors they could guarantee for all tournaments it could benefit greatly.

To vote, all you have to do is post in this thread with +1 ____ Vote eg:

"+1 Lucky Vote"

People who have donated will have more influential votes, and for each $50 you have donated your vote counts a 1 more person, eg: People who have donated $150, their votes count as 4 rather than 1. This is the donators money we are deciding on so obviously the donators should have more of a say.

Only Australians can vote, and if we have any clear spamming or dodgey things happening then the votes will need to be looked at carefully.

I'm going to set the voting deadline as 11:59PM on Monday the 28th of July 2014, so get everyone to vote before then!

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
+1 Hugs/Lucky both bosses both west coast so cheaper.

I'll donate some $$ toward this soon Phil, once I get my first pay after coming home.

Also having a beast on both sides of the bracket makes things fairer for the less fortunate top seeds.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
+1 Hugs/Lucky both bosses both west coast so cheaper.

I'll donate some $$ toward this soon Phil, once I get my first pay after coming home.

Also having a beast on both sides of the bracket makes things fairer for the less fortunate top seeds.
I 100% agree with the whole 2 side thing, May even try to organize a bonus for top placed australian and make places like tied 5th and tied 7th actually battle it out too.

You can distribute and change votes, just edit your post before the 11:59 deadline (dont make double posts about changing votes) as I'll just be counting them all then.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
+4 future gear
if most votes lean towards getting towards Americans I will change this to favour who I favour I guess

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just another thing guys, I've cut down the coaching sesh with armada to 20 mins (this isnt exactly strict) mostly due to the fact he is looking at coaching almost 20 people now which is pretty redonk. There's no stopping him from going further if he is keen to keep going himself, just dont wanna push it.

The coaching could also be change to the other player we get if we do get someone else. I can already tell some people would like some lucky/hugo/fiction/wizzrobe time rather than armada.

Sorry if you really counted on those 10 extra minutes to help you win SS. If it's really that bad you can pm me and I'll attempt to make it up to you in some way that is safe for work.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Just another thing guys, I've cut down the coaching sesh with armada to 20 mins (this isnt exactly strict) mostly due to the fact he is looking at coaching almost 20 people now which is pretty redonk.
Yo there is a meet before and after SS right?
I'd happily go to the meet after SS if it's gonna have less people overall to have a bit more of a sesh with him.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Yo there is a meet before and after SS right?
I'd happily go to the meet after SS if it's gonna have less people overall to have a bit more of a sesh with him.
That is right. It's looking like itll be the thursday before ss, and either the monday or tuesday after SS.

Doesn't look like he will be over here at a time where a footy match is a reality though :(

The west coast players on the other hand have expressed more availability, I'd try to make them come the weekend before or something even.

Last edited:

Kansho

Smash Cadet
+4 Lucky

Put me down for the meet after SS, probs wont be able to fly down until the friday night

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Just a question about the meets - if I'm arriving close to midnight on the 29th of August and leaving in the evening on the 1st of September, is there any chance of a meet happening on one of those nights? I would contribute more to attend, but I'm not sure if I'll be here long enough.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just a question about the meets - if I'm arriving close to midnight on the 29th of August and leaving in the evening on the 1st of September, is there any chance of a meet happening on one of those nights? I would contribute more to attend, but I'm not sure if I'll be here long enough.
I'll look at the possibility of hosting it on the monday, It seems like it would be best then anyway not just for you but all OOS attending to be as close to the SS dates itself as possible.

Cup

Smash Rookie
Didn't even know this was a thing, I'm keen to put some money in and help out, I'll send it through asap

Edit* Rather than double posting, I just sent through a donation then. As for voting Put it at +1 for Lucky

Last edited:

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
+1 future gear. Get a hoverboard or a terminator or something. (No but really, I want Amsa to come. This is by no means biased by my love of Japanese people or lower tiered characters)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
+1 gear+1 gear+1 gear
+1 fade-proof pokemon stickers, r.i.p. in piece shellder :'(

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Changed the deadline to this Monday as I really need to organize flights asap. Its looking like we will get very close to funding a WC player and I will need to organize flights ASAP. I'll be pushing for donations and I will probably put in myself too so we should be able to afford one!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
If the baby didnt exist I'd be there in a heart beat.. Had a blast last time with the Aussie homies <3

#****dekar

Gords

Smash Champion
+2 for Hugs, +2 for ZXV.
If ZXV funds himself then put his 2 points toward hugs

Top Bottom