• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada and Lucky Donation Drive with Incentives! $3755 received,

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updated with dean's donation from this sunday and also to remind people that more money is needed to fund a 2nd player

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
IMO we should try very hard to get Mango out here. No goat dittos at EVO left me very sad, imagine if we got to watch the two best players of all time play a set in person...

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Honestly, I'd prefer to see Armada and one of our top players in grand finals. Seeing a Mango v Armada set in person would be great and all, but I'd like some Aussie hype in GFs.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
@ Meredy Meredy - it'd just be a complete stomping, I'd way rather see a close set. Mango and Armada are playing the highest level melee ever

Hughie

Smash Lad
By the looks of it if we get Armada and Mango here it'll be the last time they'll play for a while. Also imagine the stream view numbers! It would be amazing exposure for the Australian scene because right now we're fairly unknown to the rest of the world.

Last edited:

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I'd be keen to get Hbox over now actually, it would be amazing to watch a rematch between them in person after Evo. Plus he seems like such a great guy

kelots

Smash Cadet
austealian peach meta? You're all peaches? im doomed!

Well. More doomed.

Armada

Smash Lord
This is gonna be so much fun!
Looking forward to see you all in person, and also a huge thanks for everyone that supported me coming down to Australia.

I hope my overall preformence this summer hyped this up a bit more!

Meredy

The Busterina
Looking forward to see you all in person, and also a huge thanks for everyone that supported me coming down to Australia.

$150 is worth it to get to meet and play with my idol. Can't wait to meet you~!

Basty

Smash Ace

Armada whatever you do don't trash me to much if we face in tourney
pls

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Armada will be knocked out by Dekar, where he will be finished off by Mango, who falls to losers at the hands of Redact..

S.D

Smash Master
So are we just putting Armada in the bracket and destroying all hype or having him do like 5 exhibitions against our top 5 at some point?

Splice

Smash Hero
While it's important for all our top players to get some games against each other to see where they're at, I don't think decisive rankings or anything are that important.
Is Armada really going to ruin the bracket for you that much? If you can't run through everyone in losers bracket that's too bad.
I feel my pride shattered that my country feels too scrub to even let the players we sponsor here enter the actual tournament.
There's nothing wrong with being worse than Armada but not having him in the bracket makes the statement "we're unworthy"

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
remember that 30 minute combo video for armada.

He will have enough footage to make the 60 minute sequel from bracket matches alone

Basty

Smash Ace
As a guy who is coming to this tournament for his first, Armada stomping through bracket doesn't bother me, sure he is definite to win, but come on guys, when I came to the competitive community, I heard things like, tournaments aren't supposed to be about you being angry because you got beat badly from a better player, its about you learning from that experience and learning what you did wrong. If armada beats me 2-0, I don't care, this is going to be a big learning lesson for the Australian community to show that, we aren't the best, but if we improve we might one day get to that level of play.

Bu$

HoC
Personally I would love to see the top players from each state all being in top 8 having close hype matches, rather than armarda stomping the pleb who's on his side in winners.

I may be wrong but this is the first tournament in a while we will be having most of Australia's best players all in the one place.

I feel like that if armarda is in the bracket we will miss out on some good aus melee sets. A 3- 0 in grand finals isn't too appealing either.

Last edited:

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Just make losers finals 2 sets for the person not coming from winners side to avoid what happened at Robocop feeling as if there was no real grand finals between aussies.

eeehhh nevermind that kind of just supports whoever came from the non armada side

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Personally I would love to see the top players from each state all being in top 8 having close hype matches, rather than armarda stomping the pleb who's on his side in winners.

I may be wrong but this is the first tournament in a while we will be having most of Australia's best players all in the one place.

I feel like that if armarda is in the bracket we will miss out on some good aus melee sets. A 3- 0 in grand finals isn't too appealing either.
Well thats what we have exhibitions for, multiple of the best matches we want to see all for the price of nothing really.
But with me coming all the hype matches aren't that far away :yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
What if there was just a top-5-from-each-state round robin in addition to the normal tourny

Noxus

Smash Cadet

Agreed, we will be lucky to get this many top aus players at one tournament again!

Splice

Smash Hero
Syke Spup Ted Dekar SD Redact
Round robin with those guys alone would be interesting

Cao too if he's coming and ofc many more viable candidates, might be a bit dumb to make it too big tho

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Syke Spup Ted Dekar SD Redact
Round robin with those guys alone would be interesting

Cao too if he's coming and ofc many more viable candidates, might be a bit dumb to make it too big tho
No Splice in this round robin?

Top Bottom