• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada and Lucky Donation Drive with Incentives! $3755 received,

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Armada and Lucky are coming to SS!

The Idea is with the donations from the community, everyone can benefit from Armada and Lucky being here while we all pitch in!

Right now we have the following donation goals set out:

$20:
A best of 5 set against armada or lucky, if you get creamed super quick then we can bump this up by a few extra games :)

$50:
20 minute smash/coaching session with Armada or lucky in your game of choice (Melee or P:M) with your character/s of choice

$150:
The previous $50 reward as well as access to an exclusive overnight house meet at Redact's place with Armada and Lucky. There is a meet just before SS on the Thursday and just after SS on the Monday and you choose one of two to attend.

If you go to the $50 or above donations the $20 donation reward set won't happen seeing as you're getting so much more game time with either for $50+

You can donate through paypal to: Philippretty@gmail.com
You can donate in person to me at any event or meet.

If you have questions about donations or anything you can post here, pm me or email me if you wish.

I understand we hit the $1750 goal and others can still want to donate to get rewards. Further donations are still needed to properly cover the flights as I am paying a decent amount myself ($500~ currently) so please help me out!

You can still get games against Armada if you do not donate, just money match him!

Armada wants to do plenty of touristy stuff so there will be plenty of other chances to hang out with him for those intrested in the man himself.

UPDATE:

Confirmed donations:
$300 from PCG (Alex)
$300 from Skeletom
$251 from Syke
$210 from dreadtech
$204 from Gords
$150 from Matthew Godfrey
$150 from Cam
$150 from Jamie
$150 from haikal
$150 from Matt-G
$150 from Phrase
$150 from Splice
$150 from Juci (Vaughn)
$150 from Vincent Lim
$150 from Kyle Wynn (Kyle6Flukey)
$150 from Jessie Shepherd (I assume this is JKTS)
$150 from Meredy
$150 from S.D
$150 from Cup
$70 from Hobbs
$50 from Joey
$50 from Mytus
$50 from Atticus
$50 from Max Walton
$50 from Tranq
$50 from Dean
$20 from Tommy

$3755 Received so far.

Currently with all the donations we already have, Armada is more than fully funded!

Lucky is also coming too!

I am not going to set a donation deadline quite yet as there are still costs to cover and the rewards are still open. I will make the donation cut off the same date as the SS rego cutoff which has not been fully established yet.

Will update with any further donations immediately!

Last edited:

Juci

Smash Apprentice
wow i cant miss a redact overnight meet!
I have plenty of holidays saved woot.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
My paypal is ****ed. Please tell me where you want to meet to exchange money for services.
But actually please take my money asap, don't want to miss out on the hype
Stretch goal second top 5 god? Pls

Last edited:

Blue2ez

Smash Cadet
add a meter so that the community can see how much we have left to donate

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
add a meter so that the community can see how much we have left to donate
I'll have tallies and such once I start getting money in, I will keep this very updated.

Also if you can't donate online just come to any meet/tourney I go to and we can sort it there. If you post interest here and can only pay IRL, you don't have to worry about anyone overtaking you if the goal is reached as the last thing I'm going to do is cut people out.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
someones gotta drop that extra dollar to be armadas team mate lol

think of the prize moneys!

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Seriously though can we have a deadline? I gotta invoice this company so I get paid and I dunno how long it's gna take to get the $$$

Izzago

Same question as Jamwa. I wanna donate $50, but I wont have the money for a few weeks since I have to invoice a company who likes to take their time with it.

Meredy

The Busterina
Yeah a deadline will be nice. It might take me up to a month to have the money.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I'll donate in a few paydays but like, what happening to all this money after the flight?

Also, Redact if you need help with picking him up/dropping him off from the airport let me know.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Maybe u should change the incentives to 50 - bo5, 150 - 30 min session, 300 - meet at redacts with armada if its going to be reached that quickly and people still want to donate for the benefits.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Maybe u should change the incentives to 50 - bo5, 150 - 30 min session, 300 - meet at redacts with armada if its going to be reached that quickly and people still want to donate for the benefits.
How would this affect people who have already donated? I've already put down $50 for 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
extra moneys could be used to
a) get another pro down, for this tournament or next year's shadowloo
b) put into the 'smash bank', to be used to fund more tournaments/buy equipment
c) i take it to crown and put it all on 15, then let it ride ~10 times and we're all rich
d) community suggestions?

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updates done in the OP, I go to bed early since i wake at 6:30am for work, sorry about the unclear stuff last night guys!

I didn't expect to smash the limit out in one day so stretch goals are a little rushed at the moment but will be ironed out over the weekend!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
If people here could actually post who they would like for a 2nd donor target, let me know.

It's not for me to decide, its for all you guys to choose seeing as you guys are putting down the dollars.

Top Bottom