• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Wow...okay so with this much heads up I might be able to make it.

It's happening in the MidWest?? I'm not sure I understand. Someone make this easy on me, and tell me where, when, and stuff please.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Wow...okay so with this much heads up I might be able to make it.

It's happening in the MidWest?? I'm not sure I understand. Someone make this easy on me, and tell me where, when, and stuff please.
It'll be in South Bend, Indiana like the other FCs. You can talk to Saber Guy or Memphis guys about it since they went to FC Diamond. The consensus though is that it's the best tournament series in history. FC3 introduced crew battles, FC6 and FCD were otherwise significant, and all three broke attendance records. Or just look at the thread for hype. It'll be a couple weeks before fall semester starts, so the students among us should be fine. But what would really suck is if your work schedule conflicted... idk, we'll see. It is strangely going to be Sunday-Tuesday because everything (venue, flights) is much much cheaper for everyone that way. They've always had it Thursday-Saturday, so people had to take two days off work anyway, but now those days are just at the beginning of the week. And people have part of the weekend to travel rather than having to fly/drive out after work Wednesday afternoon. It's actually not such a bad idea. And those savings go to us. The series is so highly regarded in large part because of the hosts' legendary hospitality (free meals, housing at the venue, dodgeball, etc).

Man I randomly passed out super hard last night. Sup with those phone calls Seif ;)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
So apparently there is a push to get tourny results archived and they wanted to include the innsomnia series (woot you guys!). Unfortunately, I lost tio and all my results in a hard drive crash a couple years ago so the only thing I have access to is whatever shows up in "innsomnia results" search thread here. If any of you have any old tio screenshots or list of results from anything inn related, please toss me a pm. I'd say post it here, but I won't lie, I probably won't see it. I don't get on here near as often as I wish I could. Stupid life being so crazy.

Hope all is well with everyone :) Thanks

Vts

Smash Champion
His movement is really good looks like g.vice but with falcon , movement wise, not really skill

i put money on g.vice winning cus of arby training :).

we playing tales tonight bro?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
His movement is really good looks like g.vice but with falcon , movement wise, not really skill

i put money on g.vice winning cus of arby training :).

we playing tales tonight bro?
Lol, I don't know, this guy had Renth as a training partner so he knows Ganon. It'd be fun :)

and I can't, I have to study for my last test in nursing school tonight :/ besides finals

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I don't know, this guy had Renth as a training partner so he knows Ganon. It'd be fun :)

and I can't, I have to study for my last test in nursing school tonight :/ besides finals
Let me know next time you want to play. I'll make up a hacked Melee beforehand. My four day weekend just started, so hit me up BRO. I think I want to play fox for realz again.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Let me know next time you want to play. I'll make up a hacked Melee beforehand. My four day weekend just started, so hit me up BRO. I think I want to play fox for realz again.
YES

And keep falcon on hand too. That'll serve you well, not to mention he's bloody fun. And I will probably hit you up next week or so. I start preceptor soon and I'll be busy 2-3 times a week and that's it.

And get some good ganon skins :D

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Ok arby, I give you the ok to watch The Princess and the Pilot. I rate it as a high seven, so I gave it an 8.
Bleh, bland as a butter sandwich on whitebread. The leads have no personality at all, until the Princess cuts her hair and then is suddenly completely different. She's way hotter, but still, that doesn't' make up for the fact that instead of being useless and quite she's whiny and selfish. Nothing happens for pretty much the whole movie, no atmosphere is established, we're told all the characters motivations through exposition, that stupid song is shoved in our face again and again "SEE?! THIS IS IMPORTANT. FEEL SAD HE NOTICE THAT SONG AT THE END IS THE SAME SONG THE GIRL HUMMED LIKE THIRTY TIMES?! GET IT and the voice acting is terribad.

Nice dogfights, though.

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Bleh, bland as a butter sandwich on whitebread. The leads have no personality at all, until the Princess cuts her hair and then is suddenly completely different. She's way hotter, but still, that doesn't' make up for the fact that instead of being useless and quite she's whiny and selfish. Nothing happens for pretty much the whole movie, no atmosphere is established, we're told all the characters motivations through exposition, that stupid song is shoved in our face again and again "SEE?! THIS IS IMPORTANT. FEEL SAD HE NOTICE THAT SONG AT THE END IS THE SAME SONG THE GIRL HUMMED LIKE THIRTY TIMES?! GET IT and the voice acting is terribad.

Nice dogfights, though.
I think you were just in the wrong mindset. I mean, don't you act differently after a hair cut? I'm pretty sure I do. :troll:

All though it would have made my day if they would have killed the main lead after they picked up the girl.
:awesome:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman

Nice dogfights, though.
What he said.

Also, what'd you call me for? You disturbed the slumber of the BEAST.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
what who said?
The Seif of Sythes. That movie suuucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDfhEh15cr8&feature=relmfu
This was a great crew battle. Man, they had time for a regional AND draft crew tournament? Craziness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xDfhEh15cr8#t=1115s
Doing the Mango before Mango did it. Forward really did invent modern Falco.

I haven't watched these videos since 2007. Was refreshing in a way.

Apparently the tree in Kiminozo is dead and withered by Muv-luv, so that should be the final point in the "anime tree timeline." He had a good run though.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
The Seif of Sythes. That movie suuucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDfhEh15cr8&feature=relmfu
This was a great crew battle. Man, they had time for a regional AND draft crew tournament? Craziness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xDfhEh15cr8#t=1115s
Doing the Mango before Mango did it. Forward really did invent modern Falco.

I haven't watched these videos since 2007. Was refreshing in a way.

Apparently the tree in Kiminozo is dead and withered by Muv-luv, so that should be the final point in the "anime tree timeline." He had a good run though.
Good night, sweet branch.

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
:)
Explain why the clip 20 seconds in is in there. Grey Double knees to the green falcon doing a knee back? Funny maybe but hardly appropriate for a combo vid.
And 50 seconds in...
A SINGLE CAPTAIN FALCON KICK
That is all that happens
Then at 1:06
A Perfect Shield
Good job, Good Read
Hardly appropriate in a combo vid
And then 1:50-1:55
Are just essentially repeats of a single knee
a super pretty knee
But it gets old when you see it done to a samus and then to a peach immediately afterward. Maybe if they were used to begin and end the vid they might be more appropriate.
and 2:03 was simply Lammmmmmmmmmeeee. Randal is gay. Everyone knows that.
And shortly thereafter, all the captain falcon does is empty hop waiting for the shiek to roll so that he can knee.
BRAVO BRAVO.
And it continues, but I'm getting bored so I'll stop now.

(Hides in fear from Iori)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320354
This is amaaazing

What anime are you guys watching this season?

I'm watching.

Hyou-ka
Fate/zero
Eureka Seven
Zetman (maybe)
Sakamichi no Apollon
THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE
Apollon
Fate/Zero
Hyouka
Nadia
Medaka Box (Gainax, -monogatari author)
Jormungand (Katanagatari/Steins;Gate studio [>.> .....] with good script writer: Excel Saga, Hellsing Ultimate, Trigun, Honey and Clover, Gundam 00)
maybe:
Natsuiro Kiseki (Sunrise, FMA/Gundam 00 director, Kino's Journey/Bebop script writer; weird premise though)
Uchuu Kyoudai (pretty good manga score, solid/mature premise, good quality studio)
Tsuritama (Mononoke/Trapeze director, Noitamina)
Sengoku Collection (favorite studio, but strange premise and unknown director)
Lupin (eh if it's good)

Wish I'd seen Eureka Seven. Bet Vts is gonna watch Saint Seiya ;)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Now now, don't get your panties all in a bind. The chart has changed some since then.
Seif wears underoos for your information.

Delicious Temptations was good. Breakfast place open seven days a week 8 to 2. I'd go back. An Indian place called Curry in a Hurry opened up across the road, opposite Igibon's. It's open til 10 PM every night but Tuesday and has a good lunch buffet price. My mom said it looked really good. Something to consider for a later-night excursion.

Looking at SMYM 11 (http://ssbpd.com/tournament/422), I just realized something. The random guy named Chris I lost to in the first round was actually ORLY. He just wasn't very good back then. So I lost to him and joot. Not nearly as bad as I remember. Wish we had pools though :( (lol poor and@le)

My three bracket matches at that tourney were falcon dittos LOL. And to think, I could have a win over ORLY on my record.... alas, no regretting past silliness.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
oooo delicious temptations has some tasty burgers.. mmmm
Yeah, I'd like to try their lunch. Good to know.
Do any of you ever get that feeling that you are forgetting something very important?
No Memk, I have no inclination as to what you could be talking about.
Very cool. I like the hero that shows up when you zoom in enough.

Top Bottom