• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
About the girl from Hunger Games (specifically to PurDi): When you look at an actress you should really try to take off the movie goggles. As human beings we kind of expect everybody on a TV screen to be drop dead gorgeous or bust. I can pretty much guarantee you that if Jennifer Lawrence walked in to a room you were in your jaw would hit the floor. She is very naturally beautiful and didn't need all that fake Hollywood sparkle to appear so. This kind of beauty is what really drives me nuts and makes me think a woman is attractive. Like Jeanna Fischer from the Office. Just simply a beautiful woman.
Oh believe me, I understand, I just didn't find her attractive... It's a personal thing but I call almost guarantee that I, personally, wouldn't be speechless if she walked in a room. I can see why people find her attractive, she just doesn't do it for me.

I liked the movie a lot even though it didn't have the character development that I was told the book was great at. Without that, it felt like a glorified battle royale. But it was a better battle royale.

:phone:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
3-0, but a good set

s2j made a mini combo video while losing

sfat just beat axe on the other stream

last matches will be pp vs sfat winners finals, lovage vs axe losers semis, s2j or westballz vs the winner of that in losers finals

westballz beat s2j 3-2 last stock

pp 4-0 sfat

axe lost to lovage last game last stock to a suicide

spacies top 4: pp, lovage, sfat, westballz

only west coast

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Meeee too.

PP beat Lovage 4-1. He coulda dropped a game or two more to Lovage/S2J, but he played more consistent. Westballz actually came the closest on him. Socal too good.
I watched GF and Lovage is getting scary good. Which is really freaky considering how bad PP beat him. But Lovage to me looks like the best Fox main right now.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
No Graces tonight due to G-Vice's non-availability.

He claims he never had any intentions of playing tonight despite posting this on my wall a mere 2 hours earlier.

I suppose you could see how one might arrive at the wrong conclusion.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I can't express my desire to play something as well as a mutual social way of communicating with someone with a like interest without being held to a standard deeming it necessity to attend the immediate expression of that interest?

"Man I love burritos." - friend
"Let's go get burritos right now." - other friend
"I can't, I'm at work." -friend
"YOU LIAR." - other friend

See how that makes no sense?

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
I can't express my desire to play something as well as a mutual social way of communicating with someone with a like interest without being held to a standard deeming it necessity to attend the immediate expression of that interest?

"Man I love burritos." - friend
"Let's go get burritos right now." - other friend
"I can't, I'm at work." -friend
"YOU LIAR." - other friend

See how that makes no sense?
Spin it however you like, you fibbing fiend.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Watching the stream recording, Silent Wolf vs Westballz was probably the best set of the tournament. Two of the best and most entertaining spacies going crazy on their mutual favorite stage.

Best 3 of 5 throughout bracket is great. Any tournament with enough setups and/or time should do it.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
That kid would undeniably be the best in AR if he had gone to UALR. or he would have been dead. I don't know how many more of his own punches he could have taken.

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2012/03/cage-match-2012-round-4-moiraine-damodred-versus-kelsier.html

also this came out...thoughts?

i thought it was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Stupidest battle ever. Read like fanfiction, written like fanfiction. Sanderson wasn't even trying. Of course it wouldn't be even a little bit fair if they actually fought but still...

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Watching the stream recording, Silent Wolf vs Westballz was probably the best set of the tournament. Two of the best and most entertaining spacies going crazy on their mutual favorite stage.

Best 3 of 5 throughout bracket is great. Any tournament with enough setups and/or time should do it.
They had a good set at Apex also. Westballz winning this time shows how fast he is improving. Sometimes I REALLY miss living in Cali lol.

:phone:

Vts

Smash Champion
"you love to be with your friends....and you call people by nicknames ...you love to make people happy you can be selfish at times but you want everyone to be happy"

You know me to well internet :D

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm good to play graces today until about 10:00pm if everyone else is able

I just wanna make myself as available as possible. And I do enjoy playing lots :D

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
SANDERSON just commented on my comment. i screamed like a school girl. i wish it hadn't been one in which I was critiquing him. <.<

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
you know there is a mistborn video game coming out also.

well rumors of one.
The man himself gave a little insight on reddit a couple hours ago.
Little steps. I've pitched an open-world, Skyrim-like RPG (set in a new world I designed) to game developers before, but I don't have the video game experience to persuade them.

These guys are solid. The games they've done before were to stabilize the company, but guys on the Mistborn team worked on Fallout (the original ones) and others worked on Baldur's Gate.

Our goal is a third-person action RPG like Demons' Souls or The Force Unleashed with a heavier storytelling focus and a good system for Allomantic powers. If I can get the city to be somewhat open-world, like Infamous, I'd like to go that way--that may or may not be viable. We don't know for sure at this point.
Sounds sweeeet. Any and all of those games would make for an excellent Mistborn adaptation.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
The man himself gave a little insight on reddit a couple hours ago.

Sounds sweeeet. Any and all of those games would make for an excellent Mistborn adaptation.
That pitch sounds amazing!

I'm free Wed and Thurs. Can we do Graces then?

Cheria is much more ******** than Estelle in levels of broken because she has much better melee attacks and combos much more fluid than Estelle, can heal much more consistently via chaining and stance canceling, charging actually makes her spells better, she can actually heal herself with an ability that heals her HP when she casts a healing spell on someone else (It's called Share), and she can actually lock down an opponent into a permanent stun state if you use her melee attacks correctly. Cheria is the character who sucks in the beginning but is the best character by the end of the game if she's given time to be used so she can learn the titles that will give her the broke stuff. Sophie only heals better in the area that all of her healing spells cast faster, but Cheria has all of the area healing spells which require more casting which can actually be mitigated with the appropriate title (spamming O will make her spells cast faster, it's like Abyss's skill for spellcasters). Cheria being able to chain cancel and stance cancel makes her a very powerful force because you can start an attack chain with A-Artes and do a spell at the end for a 40% cast rate reduction or you can quick step in the middle of the combo and retain that cast reduction rate while also maintaining where you were in the chain. When you get to the Future Arc and learn Accel with Cheria, her Accel ability freezes time until the Accel gauge runs out (It's a free Hourglass that lasts MUCH longer) and also in the Future Arc you can make Narikiri Dolls to change one party member into another. 4 Cherias = The game is a permanent joke.
*squeeeeeee*

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
How good is Asbel supposed to be?
He's good but not great. Gets the job done in any party combination though. Apparently a little later into the game your transition between sword and sheath will lose that annoying delay. It's all in the titles. We should really look through all of ours and give preference to the ones that fundamentally improve our characters (faster attacks, spell times, etc.).

Hubert is basically a better tank/physical attacker in all regards, so if you want to switch to him around... 15 hours into the game it would be understandable. He's the second best character, with Sophie third.

This thread explains why Cheria is so broken though.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/604158-tales-of-graces-f/62353127

I did like reading that Pascal was the most "rewarding" character once you know what you're doing. But Cheria's the hardest to play (as a fighter, not a healer), and the best.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
He's good but not great. Gets the job done in any party combination though. Apparently a little later into the game your transition between sword and sheath will lose that annoying delay. It's all in the titles. We should really look through all of ours and give preference to the ones that fundamentally improve our characters (faster attacks, spell times, etc.).

Hubert is basically a better tank/physical attacker in all regards, so if you want to switch to him around... 15 hours into the game it would be understandable. He's the second best character, with Sophie third.

This thread explains why Cheria is so broken though.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/604158-tales-of-graces-f/62353127

I did like reading that Pascal was the most "rewarding" character once you know what you're doing. But Cheria's the hardest to play (as a fighter, not a healer), and the best.
I might switch to Hubert. He's pretty cool. I'll just have to see :)

I've read that he's high risk, high reward. Which is what I like. Also, How is Richard in the grand scheme of things? Better than or not as good as Asbel?

Top Bottom