• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
nice, got any good mystery stuff i'm about to start Zaregoto

since i've slept all day i might as well read something
MAJIN TANTEI NOUGAMI NEURO :bee:

I don't like detective mangas as a rule but that one is at least better than conan. I mean how can it go wrong? It's english name is Demon Detective Brain Eater Neuro.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Got my *** beat by Vo0 yay.

Also there is a rather large brawl tournament here that I might be winning. About 64 players. Bracket is on the CSN site if anyone cares.

I got 3rd.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hello there.

I was just wondering, is there a PR for Arkansas, or at least Atl. South? Also, i know pretty much all of y'all don't play brawl, but if there's a Brawl PR for Arkansas or Atl. South, i would really like to see that.

Thanks.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering, is there a PR for Arkansas, or at least Atl. South? Also, i know pretty much all of y'all don't play brawl, but if there's a Brawl PR for Arkansas or Atl. South, i would really like to see that.
Here's the Power Rankings for Brawl.

1. Anyone who plays melee and happens to pick up the game to win some money
2. People who still like brawl and have yet to changed to melee

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Here's the Power Rankings for Brawl.

1. Anyone who plays melee and happens to pick up the game to win some money
2. People who still like brawl and have yet to changed to melee
Select Metaknight
Jump
Nair

There. I am now the best in the state at brawl

Personally, i would love to pick up Melee, but i'm way too far behind on the metagame, plus i've been doing competitive brawl so much inb4BRAWLHASNOCOMPETITIONLOLOLOL

j00t

Smash Champion
GG's guys, was good seeing you again.

VTS, sorry about the rage at the end of our match. But you are clearly better than me, so I must train in a mountain with Kage. He can be the warrior and I'll be the ninja/assassin guy

Vts

Smash Champion
GG's guys, was good seeing you again.

VTS, sorry about the rage at the end of our match. But you are clearly better than me, so I must train in a mountain with Kage. He can be the warrior and I'll be the ninja/assassin guy
I got lucky and learned your approach last game and punished it hard

i should have beat deku i failed for you sorry took him to game 3 just to be picked to GD stupid brinstar

good seeing bro don't worry about the rage it happens at least you still shook my hand :) <3

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The sodium content of my person is quite high, Arby.
<3

The usefulness of crouch out of run finally clicked tonight. Somewhere along the line I started doing it for movement purposes (running directly into a dash dance, spacing), but the more obvious applications never really occurred to me. The twins and Will still need to get the tech skill down, but it's very apparently amazing. Once you get fast enough, the crouch is basically nonexistent. It looks like a move directly out of the run.

jab (gentleman - this train of thought started because I noticed this had somehow become part of my game)
forward/up tilt (Sheik, Ganon!)
forward/up b
fsmash, but that one has a long history because of how easy it is with c-stick

I'm mostly concerned with how good this is for Falcon/Ganon, and how little I can recall seeing any use it. Run up gentleman is good. Ganon's jab is better. You can optimize situations where Ganons traditionally fair or dash attack, along with run up ftilt. I jabbed Jason's shield, then chased his roll and jabbed the shield again. Feels like the fastest and surest answer on reaction? Another time I ran up and ftilted, which was completely unexpected since Ganons always aerial at that spacing without obviously stopping their run. Then I ran at another guy and down angle ftilted, which shield poked and killed him. Falcon running across the stage and utilting to edgeguard is really really good. It seems like it would be his best choice in a lot of tight situations. Or just running at the guy and utilting. They still don't expect it, and neither would I. It's wonky. The optimal spacing to hit with the heel is farther away than you'd expect to get attacked out of a run. If they shield expecting a dash attack, you're still safe and have started some kind of pressure depending on the move. This technique is stupidly amazing.

Run up raptor boost is mindgames

If everyone already does it and I'm just oblivious, then whoops. It were int'restin' to us, I tell you what.

I rewatched those sets with Kage, and they are truly ugly. Even still, to Youtube they go! Although I think him saying "what happens in Arkansas stays in Arkansas" indicated a contrary opinion...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
That tourney was my first time meeting Arkansas, and I hope it's not the last one. You guys were all super cool and real fun to play, mad props to you all, let's meet up soon. SBW soon? If not, I gotta wait a year to chill with you guys again :p

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
That tourney was my first time meeting Arkansas, and I hope it's not the last one. You guys were all super cool and real fun to play, mad props to you all, let's meet up soon. SBW soon? If not, I gotta wait a year to chill with you guys again :p
The guy who stopped me from getting out of pools :glare:

Srsly, legit c. falcon, though. Was fun playing.:)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
ARK IV is September 17th-18th (~1 month away) in Jacksonville, AR.
Hope you guys are ready :)
I'ma try to get us stickied on here and make sure (again) that everyone within 10 hours knows what we're all about.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby and gang, I may actually be off and able to smash tomorrow if you guys want. I'm not entirely sure yet, but there's a chance. So don't stay up sooooo late that you couldn't get up if needed. But if you do stay up a while, stay up a little longer and I'll come smash with ya'll :D

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
ARK IV is September 17th-18th (~1 month away) in Jacksonville, AR.
Hope you guys are ready :)
I'ma try to get us stickied on here and make sure (again) that everyone within 10 hours knows what we're all about.
um, is there a schedule for which tournaments will come when? Because i probably won't be able to be there for both days. And since, i'm only gonna be there for the smash tournaments, i'd like to know what day those are, so i can at least be there for them.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry that is being handled right now. I'll let you know when we finalize our schedule.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Our matches were super fun

I really want to go, but Yoshiman and I are broke until the university refund checks come in mid-September :(

For example, if you think things get boring. It's probably because you took it for granted. A tree isn't a tree, that's just what we labeled it. See how instantly the tree becomes a simple thing not worth looking at? If you want to appreciate what's in front of you then you gotta let go of to the definition of it. The act of definition itself limits the actual being itself to release some of the beauty of life, some of the categorization and definition must be left behind. (Thx Chris =P) Do you want to know why I like Ganon so much? That's exactly it.. lol, it's so simple but I always love it even after 5 years... Just everything, Punching people, the sound.. etc. Lots of different things.. lol. =P
Heed well, man of Yoshis.

Top Bottom