• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The best brawlers in Arkansas that always play it include (in this order)

1st. Yosh
2nd. Kirby
3rd. Lash
4th. memk

Didn't count saber guy because he doesn't play it all the time
I've beaten you at Brawl everytime we've played it. So how can you in good conscience make that false list of rankings?

Tsk tsk tsk

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I once 3 stocked Arby's marth with ganon. I also 3 stocked memk's fox with ganon. Arby's marth = memk's fox. :bee:

Arby should join VTS and memk on their teir.
I was just wasting arby's money since he forced me into the tourny but youre actually very easy to beat all you do is spacing kinda predictable from my experience with you not saying thats the only style you play

I've beaten you at Brawl everytime we've played it. So how can you in good conscience make that false list of rankings?

Tsk tsk tsk
Please reread my first sentence it says and I quote

"that always play it" - memk

but here's a random list of everyone plus mains.

Memk (fox/falco/falcon?) + he also plays brawl
VTS (ice climbers)
Yoshiman(falcon/g&w/?)
Raven Knight (peach)
The March Hare (sheik)
Arby (fox/falcon/martha)
G.vice (Shanondorf i mean Ganon)
Chamberlin (aka chambermaid) Fox, fox, and more fox
TheSaberguy ( falcon/falco/fox)
Seifersythe (doc Mario)
Tron (rarely plays but pikachu)
Ace (fox/falco/falcon/marth) currently gone for another 2 weeks.
had to add an addition to me btw tron quit hes on the whole COD/Halo series now so he plays that all the time

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I was just wasting arby's money since he forced me into the tourny but youre actually very easy to beat all you do is spacing kinda predictable from my experience with you not saying thats the only style you play
Lol next time we'll meet I'll money match you. It'll haz to be big moneyz so no johnz you weren't playing srs. I'll even only play ganon. Put your money where your mouth is.

As sucky as my ganon is, I don't need a bad brawl player telling me that. GRUDGE MATCH. :mad:

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Lol next time we'll meet I'll money match you. It'll haz to be big moneyz so no johnz you weren't playing srs. I'll even only play ganon. Put your money where your mouth is.

As sucky as my ganon is, I don't need a bad brawl player telling me that. GRUDGE MATCH. :mad:
I never money match for the lack of money but we can have a bragging rights match

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Oh my god guys, stop scaring the brawl guys away! Arkansas social is for both brawl and melee. This is why our community is so small. The only way to make this community bigger is for us to nurture our brawl community and make them realize how much better melee is than brawl. This is probably the biggest way we will get melee players in the future.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yoshiman is right. Three of our Melee players were once Brawl ONLY. Two of them still play Brawl. However those same two met each other in our last months Brawl tournament, and decided to supplement a Melee set in its place. So yeah, nuture the Brawl players and then CONVERT THEIR *****!

Vts

Smash Champion
It's so plain and short really

hell i'd take mexico history over american **** happens there all the time lol

edit- starting to like asuka more now after rewatching the movies lol

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
That's a mighty big coincidence. I literally just started reading the manga to escape Raven's boring recommendation.

asuka da bess but rei is almost equally as good actually either one is fine

mari sux

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Armada is wrong about that.
if you play gay and campy, people will call you gay and campy whether or not they lose.
And if you don't play gay and campy then people will have fun playing against you (unless your a peach player then you will be insulted no matter how you play)
I kinda agree with RK.

Arby whether or not you happen to beat me in the matches where you nair spam with cf or especially when you just grab with marth and run away I call it gay whether you beat me or not lol

but I suppose by the same token people are indeed more inclined to call things they can't beat gay

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Hey :mad: I only call you gay when my di is particularly atrocious and you take advantage of it
I've started to di the down throw to knee with peach correctly, Adam gets naired like 3/4 of the time he does it now
I've realized that the appropriate combo di for all characters that can get combos on peach is AWAY
This is a shocking revelation. :bee: I'm going to go meditate
I don't really get to call people campy though except for gay *** shiek players
Bair
Bair
Bair
Oh Adam said I could only beat him once in a blue moon in a set shiek on peach
So we did the set and I DESTROYED him (If you can call a 2-1 a destroyed)
I loled when i 2 stocked him on yoshi's story.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
or especially when you just grab with marth and run away
It's not so much running away as not approaching the Great Wall of the Chinaman

you're Chinese, right?

The reason aggressive playstyles are called gay is probably because they prevent you from playing your own game (especially spacies aggression). Here, gay simply means annoying. Someone running all over you can be just as annoying as someone camping your *** off.

I've seen the salt in action both personally and in reference to others, and I don't mean Falcon. Falcon isn't aggressive LOL.

Vts

Smash Champion
It's not so much running away as not approaching the Great Wall of the Chinaman

you're Chinese, right?

The reason aggressive playstyles are called gay is probably because they prevent you from playing your own game (especially spacies aggression). Here, gay simply means annoying. Someone running all over you can be just as annoying as someone camping your *** off.

I've seen the salt in action both personally and in reference to others, and I don't mean Falcon. Falcon isn't aggressive LOL.
Hard to play my character when i get shined 2 times and i'm down a stock

rather have someone camp me that way i can at least wavedash around

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Oh Adam said I could only beat him once in a blue moon in a set shiek on peach
So we did the set and I DESTROYED him (If you can call a 2-1 a destroyed)
I loled when i 2 stocked him on yoshi's story.
I meant in tourny. Friendlies mean nothing. And Yoshi's story is gay as hell and shot my game for the third match. All the down smashes.

I call everything gay that shuts down my game/prevents me from doing what I want. Raven's campiness or Rusty aggression.

Guys or Hideously ugly girls?

edit: Btw, I hate that anime.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Hard to play my character when i get shined 2 times and i'm down a stock

rather have someone camp me that way i can at least wavedash around
The shines are still gonna happen, but I feel like the camper would have a harder time getting the opportunity without creating it offensively

unless his camping gets to you, which I know is a solid strategy but still seems like a gimmick

The only person I can really get annoyed at in smash the Hare
And that's why we are going to kick your butt at teams in mist xD
Are you and Gvice teaming? or you and vts?
All three of us. The other team only gets one guy.

You guys don't even play the game against each other. It's just taking advantage, or metagaming as you say, in seven minute slogs. Try new stuff and change up your metagame.

Guys or Hideously ugly girls?
I'm really not sure in Envy's case.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Full Metal Alchemist is awesome. Probably the best anime I've ever seen in my book.

And Raven I'm teaming with IHSB and together to two of us comprise Team Slippery Whenever.

arby, I suppose you're right about the running away thing. I suppose I just wish everyone would jump into the wall of pain(ganon style) instead of squeezing between the cracks. I love aggressive playstyles, they're the most fun. i.e mango

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Envy is a guy right? I mean, you could make the whole "oh he's just a collection of souls so overall he's androgynous" argument, but as an individual wasn't he clearly defined as a dude at some point?

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Full Metal Alchemist is awesome. Probably the best anime I've ever seen in my book.
Hahaha, oh you're srs. :urg:
I don't hate it hate it. I just hate how overrated it is.

I seem to remember him being a guy too. But I was talking about the people not the characters. :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
"Envy was the fourth Homunculus created by Father, though often referred to as a 'he', Envy is apparently genderless; though when Greed and Envy argued after Bradley captured Greed in Dublith, Father stopped the argument with the words 'brotherly quarrels' (though in the manga he said 'sibling quarrels')."

The FMA wiki has spoken. Genderless/androgynous in a creepy muscular kind of way. In light of that, I guess this cosplayer did a pretty good job.

BunBun

Smash Master
"Envy was the fourth Homunculus created by Father, though often referred to as a 'he', Envy is apparently genderless; though when Greed and Envy argued after Bradley captured Greed in Dublith, Father stopped the argument with the words 'brotherly quarrels' (though in the manga he said 'sibling quarrels')."

The FMA wiki has spoken. Genderless/androgynous in a creepy muscular kind of way. In light of that, I guess this cosplayer did a pretty good job.
Go look at fetus-envy again.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
"Henry Ford demanded that parts suppliers send him parts in very specifically sized wooden boxes with very specifically placed holes and handles. These boxes were disassembled with care, without using crowbars, and the boxes were then used in the manufacturer of panels and floorboards for the Model T.

The wooden scraps that did remain were burned into charcoal and resold as Ford Charcoal, later becoming Kingsford Charcoal, a popular brand today."

That's just amazing.

"Cleopatra lived closer in time to the first moon landing than to the building of the Great Pyramid."
"We are closer to the T-Rex in number of years than the T-Rex was to the Stegosaurus."
"In 1903 the Wright brothers flew for 59 seconds. 38 years later the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. 28 years after that, we landed on the moon. We went from gliding a few feet off the ground for less than a minute to launching rockets out of orbit, traveling for hundreds of thousands of miles, landing on the moon, and then returning, all within a single lifetime."

and the most jaw-dropping of all:
"The Sony Vaio logo shows the change from analog to digital."

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
"In 1903 the Wright brothers flew for 59 seconds. 38 years later the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. 28 years after that, we landed on the moon. We went from gliding a few feet off the ground for less than a minute to launching rockets out of orbit, traveling for hundreds of thousands of miles, landing on the moon, and then returning, all within a single lifetime."
I remember Aximili saying this was the exact reason even the Andalites, on some level, fear the humans.

Top Bottom