• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you happy that Dark Pit made it in?

Are you happy Dark Pit is in Smash 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I'm dissapointed. I feel the only reason More-powerful-Pit got in was Sakurai wanted to rep a series with 2 games. The fact that he got in over Metroid(more games), DK(WAY more games), or even freaking Yoshi(more games) is making me kinda dissapointed in his inclusion. I'm not saying "OMG U DARK PIT USUERS ARE FING DUM", but I am saying if he was in, I woulda liked him NOT being a moveset-clone, or if KI had more games compared to series that got apparently no love(I'm talking to you, DK and metroid.)

D

Deleted member

Heck, Marill over Pichu would of been better.
:183:, Marill, is that you! People acknowledged you! Or are you, dare I say… Pikablu?

Yes I am glad that Dark Pit is in. He is a complete bonus. Not to mention he was my favorite character from Uprising. But why are people complaining? Because they wanted Alph? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Alph is playable! He is pretty much just as much of a clone as Dark Pit, considering both are basically a palette swap, its just that Dark Pit has his own slot. And why do some people seriously believe that Dark Pit got in over K. Rool, Mewtwo, Isaac, etc. Dark Pit got in over nobody. It was him, or nothing. Wolf and Lucas were already cut. It just irks me when somebody complains about a bonus gift.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
can someone pls tell what s the differenz between pit and dark pit ( in smash) i dont get what they do different

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
can someone pls tell what s the differenz between pit and dark pit ( in smash) i dont get what they do different
We don't know the properties yet, but aesthetically, his arrows are different, and his side-B use a different arm (electro arm? Can't remember the english name). His Final Smash is also different.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
We don't know the properties yet, but aesthetically, his arrows are different, and his side-B use a different arm (electro arm? Can't remember the english name). His Final Smash is also different.
well thats alot for a clone.... dr mario got same ultra smash and almost every skill same as mario just elektrizity instead of fire

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
well thats alot for a clone.... dr mario got same ultra smash and almost every skill same as mario just elektrizity instead of fire
Dr Mario have a different stage intro, Pills, a different Down-B, a different down air, and the FS uses pills.

It's only my knowledge, maybe Dark Pit have others different moves as well (I don't know wich orbitars he uses) but somehow, the actual clone is the less clone :troll:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Dr Mario have a different stage intro, Pills, a different Down-B, a different down air, and the FS uses pills.

It's only my knowledge, maybe Dark Pit have others different moves as well (I don't know wich orbitars he uses) but somehow, the actual clone is the less clone :troll:
that is not even the scary part........ i mean <.< it is kinda funny that the freaking clone of pit is the clone with the most different skillset.... even more questionable is then why hes not with pit and paluthena the roster is a myterie to me.... it looks still like there is something missing....or the roster needs still something..

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
that is not even the scary part........ i mean <.< it is kinda funny that the freaking clone of pit is the clone with the most different skillset.... even more questionable is then why hes not with pit and paluthena the roster is a myterie to me.... it looks still like there is something missing....or the roster needs still something..
Welcome to the corner of shame! :troll: It's... Strange to say the least: why Shulk is after them? I can understand for the guests, though...

By the way, G&W have a weird placement too.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the corner of shame! :troll: It's... Strange to say the least: why Shulk is after them? I can understand for the guests, though...

By the way, G&W have a weird placement too.
i am still not rly with this roster... this cant be it.... sorry but nintendo is very very weard... now the game is leaked and almost everybody saw that so why this treehouse thing... or even better why this embargo... i do not get this they can speak at tomorrow or so ... why do they have to shut up?

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
I'm very disappointed that his staff went to the same place as Ganondorf's sword. I see now that Sakurai added him in merely because there was a little bit of time left to do so, rather than fully fleshing him out. The only major difference he has from Pit is his victory theme and final smash...

If they're going to give him the same/similar weapons, I would have rather had a Pit alt.

Rattlehead2Deth

Smash Rookie
One of the most ridiculous additions to the cast. 2.9 million Kid Icarus games sold across three games, and there are three characters? And one is a clone; a pallet swap from the previous game. It's baffling, really. Meanwhile, the 7th most selling Donkey Kong game alone has sold more than that, and they have two characters, and nothing new. Really messed up.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i was just reading that darkpit have brawl pits abilitys. just the final smash is still unkown to me.
still i feel a bit betryed by nintendo some frenchises need more reps. some need refreshing abbilitys. i mean that some got like 2 new reps even if there are some who need it more.

edit: you name it i just say metroid one of the MAIN franchises of nintendo. 2 reps : 2 times samus.... well fair....

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Off all 8 types of weapons that Pit and Dark Pit. Dark Pit is still a clone, use almost all Pit moves, they could give them the Blade but nope, give him a bow. and why the fack Dark Pit hold the STAFF WHEN ACTUALLY NEVER USE IT IS IN.
Im not happy but Dr. Mario, is insulting to me.

Those two are really got me piss. When I see Wolf and Lucas, I just want to cry about better original mid clone character than Palette swap color and Alt. costume taking a slot.

Im not happy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honesty, my least favorite newcomer in the game, maybe even the series. This coming from someone who LIKES Dark Pit as a character.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Off all 8 types of weapons that Pit and Dark Pit. Dark Pit is still a clone, use almost all Pit moves, they could give them the Blade but nope, give him a bow. and why the fack Dark Pit hold the STAFF WHEN ACTUALLY NEVER USE IT IS IN.
Im not happy but Dr. Mario, is insulting to me.

Those two are really got me piss. When I see Wolf and Lucas, I just want to cry about better original mid clone character than Palette swap color and Alt. costume taking a slot.

Im not happy.
im with you buddy.... *hug*

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm pretty happy. Yeah, he doesn't play like I'd like him to, but neither does Lucina. However, I like them both as characters and I'm sure that they didn't take much time to include, so it's not like they took anyone's spot. Lucas and Wolf already have established movesets, so clonifying them wouldn't do them justice, meaning that they'd require much more effort than these two clones.

Go figure, my mains from Melee and Brawl both got clones... interesting...

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Disclaimer: I understand that he is only a clone, so I should treat him as such and NOT complain about his inclusion over Ridley, Mewtwo, etc.

Personally, I didn't find him that interesting in Uprising. Like at all. He was the most generic and predictable baddass, "I fight for no one," type of clone character I have ever seen, even compared to characters like Shadow. In fact; him and Palutena were two of the characters in Uprising I found the least interesting. So, character-wise I don't find him very appealing at all.

Yeah, he's a clone, but I can't fault Sakurai for adding in more characters last second, but why him? Why would he want to add a lowly requested character from an obscure franchise that already has one, very popular, and very unique newcomer? Seriously, Donkey Kong and Metroid get no newcomers and only two slots, while Kid Icarus gets two newcomers and three slots!? I'm sure Dixie Kong would've been a way more interesting, popular, and deserving newcomer. Dark Samus has been in three times the amount of games Pittoo's been in, and reps a franchise in need of more reps. Even Alph, who is already programmed into the game, is an alternate costume and not his own character while Dark Pit is? I just don't get it. And like I mentioned earlier: the KI series already has a newcomer, but DK (DIxie Kong), Metroid (Dark Samus), Pikmin (Alph), and Zelda (Impa), which are all more successful series, have no one.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
It kinda sucks since he could had been different and i'm not a huge KI fan but i'm happy he is in for the people who like him.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
I know Sakurai loves his own franchises, but he really dropped the ball with Dark Pit.

He really could have made him just a color palette for Pit--they do have the same voice actor, height, and same exact character model--just recolored.

If he wanted to represent KI:U some more, he could have went with a totally different character just like Intelligent Systems did with Robin. He could have chosen Magnus, Viridi or Phosphora for unique movesets. If he wanted a semi-clone, he could have even picked Medusa (would have even allowed more villains in the game). But really, Pittoo? C'mon. I'm really dissapointed in Sakurai.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Disclaimer: I understand that he is only a clone, so I should treat him as such and NOT complain about his inclusion over Ridley, Mewtwo, etc.

Personally, I didn't find him that interesting in Uprising. Like at all. He was the most generic and predictable baddass, "I fight for no one," type of clone character I have ever seen, even compared to characters like Shadow. In fact; him and Palutena were two of the characters in Uprising I found the least interesting. So, character-wise I don't find him very appealing at all.

Yeah, he's a clone, but I can't fault Sakurai for adding in more characters last second, but why him? Why would he want to add a lowly requested character from an obscure franchise that already has one, very popular, and very unique newcomer? Seriously, Donkey Kong and Metroid get no newcomers and only two slots, while Kid Icarus gets two newcomers and three slots!? I'm sure Dixie Kong would've been a way more interesting, popular, and deserving newcomer. Dark Samus has been in three times the amount of games Pittoo's been in, and reps a franchise in need of more reps. Even Alph, who is already programmed into the game, is an alternate costume and not his own character while Dark Pit is? I just don't get it. And like I mentioned earlier: the KI series already has a newcomer, but DK (DIxie Kong), Metroid (Dark Samus), Pikmin (Alph), and Zelda (Impa), which are all more successful series, have no one.
must not even dark samus a hunter like rundas or ridley they are more requestet and do not speak of dixie mew2 and KK. rool
all this characters deserved it hard.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
One of the most ridiculous additions to the cast. 2.9 million Kid Icarus games sold across three games, and there are three characters? And one is a clone; a pallet swap from the previous game. It's baffling, really. Meanwhile, the 7th most selling Donkey Kong game alone has sold more than that, and they have two characters, and nothing new. Really messed up.
That about sums up how I feel. How is Alph just a palette swap and Dark Pit is not? I think that's what baffles me the most. Dark Pit being an addition to this roster just furthers the belief that Sakurai is incredibly biased. Not only do we get three Kid Icarus characters, but then we get an overhaul of Kid Icarus items, assist trophies, and enemies in Smash Run. Donkey Kong didn't even have an assist trophy or item in Brawl...just ridiculous if you ask me.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
No. No I am not. You see, Doctor Mario was one of my favorite characters in Melee (and one of the only ones I could win with against my brothers) so I don't mind him coming back. Besides, he has differences from Mario. Lucina, while having Marth's moves, is a much better option for me. I'm terrible with Marth because I can never get the tip of the blade right. Every time I be him in both Melee and Brawl I fail in the most spectacular fashion. I like how Marth plays, so Lucina basically being Marth without the tip of the blade stuff is perfect for me. Her sword is strong all the way through, and that's how I like it. I will main her most likely.

Now Dark Pit? ...Why? Why did this happen? As someone who mains Pit (My top three mains are :4kirby::ness2::4pit:) I don't like his inclusion at all. First of all, Dark Pit doesn't seem to have any obvious differences to Pit. From the gameplay I seen, he looks exactly the same. I suppose he looks a little stronger...which brings me to my next point. Why do I get the feeling that they purposely weakened Pit so they could make Dark Pit stronger than him? It would seem Dark Pit's recovery is better, he's stronger, his arrows go farther, I hear he's faster, etc. Why do this? What's the point of regular Pit then? Do you mean to tell me one of my top three mains have been purposely held back in areas so that Sakurai could force me to play as his clone instead? That is completely stupid. If all I'm hearing is true, I don't see one thing Pit has over Dark Pit, and that's just ridiculous to me. ....Just....why? Why!? ...Okay, I have to calm down. No use getting worked up. I just hope Pit has a couple things over Dark Pit, it wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I could not shrug any harder at his inclusion. I like him, but he's a last-second clone. I don't play much Pit, so I probably won't play him either. Honestly I think Alph not being his own slot is more of a travesty then Dark Pit and his clone pals making it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I am indifferent, because clones take very little time and effort to create.
It is a small uniqueness for a small cost.

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Honestly, speaking i rather not have Dark Pit in ssb4 because firstly he has been confirmed to be a clone, so why couldnt they just make make him a costume or colour scheme..

GameDragon

Smash Cadet
I like Dark Pit a lot as a character. Bummed that he's a Lucina style clone, but eh. I'm happy he's in the game period. I never expected him to actually make the roster.
Pretty much this for me.

I didn't think he'd actually be playable, but as a huge Kid Icarus: Uprising fan I'm glad that he's in. That being said his moveset is incredibly disappointing as out of all the clones, he had the highest potential to be something more imo.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea: Press X to switch to Dark Pit while selecting Pit, just like switching Olimar to Alph.

He absolutely should not be in a separate character slot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm happy he's in.

He didn't "steal anyone's slot" like some people falsely believe (at best, he took a spot that may have gone to another clone). The way I see it, the more characters that don't take time, the better.

Though Alph just being a costume is strange to me then. Could have made it an even fifty.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm indifferent on him getting in, since he seems like a Lucina situation where he originally an alternate costume fleshed out to a full character as a bonus.

However, I think a lot of his potential was wasted. To have him play almost exactly like Pit was a mistake, considering that since they're physically identical, it'd make more sense for Pittoo to have a handful of his A moves get changed to something more brutal. It'd actually make more sense to do that than to give them different stats.

And the lack of his staff is a missed opportunity. It's heavily associated with him, would help him stand out from Pit, and ideally, wouldn't be very hard to program if he still spun it around for the attacks where Pit spins his blades. And if they were willing to give Dr. Mario a different down special from his source character and that has different properties than Luigi's, would it have been that hard for Dark Pit's neutral special to also be a little different?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm indifferent on him getting in, since he seems like a Lucina situation where he originally an alternate costume fleshed out to a full character as a bonus.

However, I think a lot of his potential was wasted. To have him play almost exactly like Pit was a mistake, considering that since they're physically identical, it'd make more sense for Pittoo to have a handful of his A moves get changed to something more brutal. It'd actually make more sense to do that than to give them different stats.

And the lack of his staff is a missed opportunity. It's heavily associated with him, would help him stand out from Pit, and ideally, wouldn't be very hard to program if he still spun it around for the attacks where Pit spins his blades. And if they were willing to give Dr. Mario a different down special from his source character and has different properties than Luigi's, would it have been that hard for Dark Pit's neutral special to also be a little different?
Some are saying that the Staff is his Final Smash, if it's any consolation.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The best thing about Dark Pit for me is that he seems to have taken the title of "the character that people call the cloniest clone ever" from Lucina. :p
Seriously, I don't mind his inclusion. I just wish his model had clear aesthetic differences. Here's hoping for unique custom moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom