• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you happy that Dark Pit made it in?

Are you happy Dark Pit is in Smash 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why he's his own slot, and not sharing a slot with Pit like Alph is with Olimar. Alph is a different model while Dark Pit is just a palette swap. While the moves might have different properties, it would have been just as easy to not change up attack speed/power/other parameters and leave him as a Pit costume with a different name and break out Alph with slightly different properties (and possible Rock Pikmin). I'd call Dark Pit a waste of space and will either not be playing him or Pit depending on which has properties I like less.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Does Dark Pit at least have some different moves and uses his Staff that is glued to his model?

If not, then come on, Dark Pit would not fight the exact same way as Pit and would be better off with some moves of his own to warrant a welcoming inclusion.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'm very glad Dark Pit got in, so much that haters can't ruin this for me. Though, I'm hoping for some melee!Falco differences.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Does Dark Pit at least has some different moves and uses his Staff that is glued to his model?

If not, then come on, Dark Pit would not fight the exact same way as Pit and would be better off with some moves of his own to warrant a welcoming inclusion.
He uses a different arm, but same animation as Pit's Side-B :troll:

He fight the same way. His stage intro is the same too.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Nope. Maybe if he played ENTIRELY different I wouldn't be bother but he doesn't. So he's the least exciting reveal of all. He looks the same and plays almost the same as another character. Not much to be excited about really.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Happy that he made in. =D

I was expecting him to be an alt like Alph, but seems he got the Lucina treatment.

He uses the Dark Pit Staff for his FS, according to some people.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Well that just down right sucks. Dark Pit would fight in a different manner than Pit, instead of using the exact same moves.

Does he at least contain hit box differences in his moves?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Who's Dark Pit? Oh yeah, that bad clone of Pit who only had one shot in uprising then turned out not to be so bad at all. SERIOUSLY Suckarai?! you biased piece of ****! We need a new game director next ssb game.
Calm down, there character the leak didn't show all of them.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430

He fights the same way? We don't even know how Pit fights yet, this being day 1. I'm sure people thought Fox and Falco were the same when Melee came out. However, Fox doesn't Pillar combo, Falco doesn't shine spike, Fox doesn't have a nearly OP D-Air spike, Falco doesn't have a killer Up-Smash.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
He fights the same way? We don't even know how Pit fights yet, this being day 1. I'm sure people thought Fox and Falco were the same when Melee came out. However, Fox doesn't Pillar combo, Falco doesn't shine spike, Fox doesn't have a nearly OP D-Air spike, Falco doesn't have a killer Up-Smash.
Animation wise, I mean. I do hope the stats are not cloned. It would be ridiculous :troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I'm pissed that he's more unique than Lucina without changing his models (Seriously, he couldn't even do something wrong right?)
  • I'm pissed that he has Sasuke-type popularity and that's why he made it
  • I'm pissed that he's yet another contribution to pander to Uprising's toxic fanbase
In short, I'm not happy.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am extremely happy, he was my most wanted character once I started advocating for him. It is humorous that so many people would disregard so much evidence in his favor simply because they did not want him.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I don't really care one way or the other, but I'm pretty sure the only reason he got in as a separate character is because Sakurai thought it would make no sense for him to use the three sacred treasures for his final smash. (you can argue Sheik, but she IS still Zelda, and thus would have the same abilities)

•Col•

Smash Champion
  • I'm pissed that he's more unique than Lucina without changing his models (Seriously, he couldn't even do something wrong right?)
  • I'm pissed that he's yet another contribution to pander to Uprising's toxic fanbase
In short, I'm not happy.
Sasuke-type popularity is a good way to put it. Before dark pit was made his own character, I swear that black pit alt in brawl was created almost solely for fangirls to write fics about. 'Omg hes so edgy and dark. So cool.' Not.

The worst part is that his inclusion could have been forgiven. The sniper/staff looks cool. Why only use it for a final smash? I'm not asking for a completely new moveset here. Just a slightly different neutral special and forward smash or something. I mean, Dr Mario is likely to have a different neutral and down special.. I dunno. I would shut up if dark pit used his rifle for anything other than his final smash.

I'm just unable to rationalize why dark pit would get his own slot over alph, who is actually a different character, instead of just a what is essentially just a pallete swap, like dark link. Literally the only way I can make sense of it is calling out sakurai for being biased.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad they didn't put too much effort into him, same as Lucina. I wanted neither as separate characters, so I'm fine.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let me just say that people bashing Dark Pit but defending Lucina are hypocrites. Hopefully, I won't need to elaborate on this any further.

But apparently Dark Pit is bad because "MUH RECOLOR MUH EDGY", but Lucina is okay because "MUH WAIFU". :rolleyes:

I, for one, am I happy with the inclusion of both Dark Pit and Lucina in Smash.

Sasuke-type popularity is a good way to put it. Before dark pit was made his own character, I swear that black pit alt in brawl was created almost solely for fangirls to write fics about. 'Omg hes so edgy and dark. So cool.' Not.

The worst part is that his inclusion could have been forgiven. The sniper/staff looks cool. Why only use it for a final smash? I'm not asking for a completely new moveset here. Just a slightly different neutral special and forward smash or something. I mean, Dr Mario is likely to have a different neutral and down special.. I dunno. I would shut up if dark pit used his rifle for anything other than his final smash.

I'm just unable to rationalize why dark pit would get his own slot over alph, who is actually a different character, instead of just a what is essentially just a pallete swap, like dark link. Literally the only way I can make sense of it is calling out sakurai for being biased.
Dark Pit IS his own character, though. His similarities with Pit are just fighting style and appearance. He does have a different personality and motivations in Uprising's story.

Dark Pit and Lucina were at some point in the same boat as Alph, but got tweaked to become different characters because developers had enough time to do so.

Yes, Alph could have been a clone like Lucina and Dark Pit, but the latter two are more marketable due to being more popular, especially in Japan.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
It's hard to tell in what ways his moveset differs from Pit right now, so I'm not really sure how I feel about him from a gameplay standpoint (I feel like his arrows are a little slower, but have longer range?). I thought he'd use the Dark Pit Staff since it was in his model, but apparently not, so that's a bit of a downer : ( I adore his character though, and fully plan on using him regardless of his moveset. He has some pretty awesome taunts that were shown off in Gema's stream.

I also lol'd at the fact that he has a white robe alt, and Pit has a black robe alt.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Honestly, I kind of wish they just gave him Brawl Pit's moveset, like how Dr.Mario has Melee Mario's.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Honestly, I kind of wish they just gave him Brawl Pit's moveset, like how Dr.Mario has Melee Mario's.
Ehhh, Brawl Pit's moveset would have been a nerf IMO. The reflector isn't as good, and the old side B was pretty useless.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would be okay with his inclusion, if only he wasn't an almost 1:1 copy of Pit.

So No, I am not happy with Dark Pit being playable, even though I am having a blast playing Kid Icarus Uprising.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
The only problem is I haven't seen his specials, which I will assume are based off of other Uprising weapons. Then there may be some justification.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
The only problem is I haven't seen his specials, which I will assume are based off of other Uprising weapons. Then there may be some justification.
He uses a different arm for his side B but it does the exact same thing as far as we can tel =/

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I'd been happy if they at least used some of the potential that existed with differenating him from Pit with different weapon etc.

And I'm saying this without seeing his full moveset so we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Worst thing to ever happen to Smash. No joke. This literal clone actually got in over characters that people truly wanted.
He did not get in over anyone. Adding him took little effort, development wise. I'd rather have Dark Pit than no extra character at all. He is a bonus, nothing more.

People need to stop feeling so entitled, and appreciate the fact that the more characters we have, the better. I support every character, as long as they are Nintendo. As for third party reps, as long as they have some history with Nintendo (and are iconic), I think they're fine, too.

Of course there are characters I wish were in that didn't make it, but I'm not going to hate on the ones that did because of so. Even if I personally don't use said characters.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Nope, he's my least favorite addition. However, I have to admit that he probably took the least amount of time to add. He looks exactly like Pit and is very clone-y. Still, I think Alph should've been his own character before Dark Pit.

Shradow

Smash Rookie
People honestly believe clone characters like Lucina and Dark Pit took enough time and effort that them getting in made it so others wouldn't get a spot?

Don't be ridiculous, they didn't take up any slots on the roster.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Worst thing to ever happen to Smash. No joke. This literal clone actually got in over characters that people truly wanted.
Like in every Smash, ever. Pretty sure people would of preferred Bowser to Luigi, eh? Charizard/Squirtle instead of Pichu? Heck, Marril over Pichu would of been better. Remember Wolf over Krystal? Yeah, people were saying the exact same thing about Wolf last time. Fact is, clones will always be a part of Smash, and they will get in over other characters.

Another waste of a character slot. Way to go Sakurai. Keep them clones coming.

Pretty soon we'll get Galactica Knight as a character as well.
It's either a clone or nothing. Just imagine:

"PotD! I could of added a buch of clones in the time I had remaining, but people are too whiny and will hate them no matter how hard I try. Hope you like the empty holes on the CSS!"

The sad thing is, Pit and Dark Pit don't even have different voice actors. They're both Antony del Rio.
And yet people thought DP's VA was Dante Bosco right up to when they didn't see him in the credits.

In short, I'm not happy.
Toxic fanbase? Like, every other fanbase represented in Smash is worse then the KI fanbase. Pokemon, Zelda, Sonic, Starfox and even Mother are all crazy. Lucas was outright hated by the Mother fanbase.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I'm sure if he will have different weapons, many gamers like him and >>>>MAIN<<<< him.

Guys you sentenced him because you don't play Kid Icarus Uprising or you don't try him in SSB4 ( of coure ). Its a shame that you complained about him instead to try him.

How many tried Dr. Mario and liked him?
How many tried Roy and liked him?

Of course characters like them was mained by gamers. Maybe you will like Darkpit because he are the FIRST marksman in the game. ( That means he will have his own gameplay, strength and weakness and so on. And this is just ONE example ). I hoped more from you.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Least favorite addition, right below Lucina.

Dr. Mario not particularly necessary either, but at least he has Dr. Tornado, Megavitamins and a different dair.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
ehh... I'm more on the "no" side.

although I like Dark Pit as a character and I was actually hyped when he was confirmed, I just can't get over the fact that he's just another clone. he would have had so much potential, with the huge variety of weapons that Uprising had. cannons, claws, staffs to name a few... but instead he's got nearly the same attacks as Pit.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Least favorite entry, was really pissed last night over seeing him in battle, and I really want to know what made Sakurai put him in the game aside from "popularity" and "easy inclusion". Won't be using him ever. Pit was there for a reason

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dark Pit can die
But Link is the best or what? No he can die.

I ask you because you write ********.

Of course I take it back. No character should die. Think about another people who like characters like Darkpit PLUS what do you write.

Back to topic:

Do you see the new leak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFdHuxVvIbs

01:30 min

Do you think its real? I mean some characters are missing. Like Duck hunt or Lucina, Darkpit or Mr. Game & Watch and so on.

And this rooster is different to the rooster in the video. Many gamers thought its real.

http://i60.tinypic.com/1z5qlxh.jpg

I hope the silver bow is not the only one weapon..

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
No, I'm not, and I genuinely haven't been able to say that about a Smash character before. I've always been either excited or neutral.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
People honestly believe clone characters like Lucina and Dark Pit took enough time and effort that them getting in made it so others wouldn't get a spot?

Don't be ridiculous, they didn't take up any slots on the roster.
They don't take as much time, but they still take time to make. Some may want that time to go towards something else. Maybe not even character related.

It seems as usual people don't understand how clones work. Dark Pit did not replace Ridley or mewtwo or K. Rool. Clones are added AFTER other characters. Personally i'm ok bcuz free characters are free characters

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yes and no. I wanted him as an alt with his own unique voice (even though he is voiced by the lovely Anthony Del Rio) with his set of different color palettes. What is utterly disappointing is that his render art has him with a Gunblade but he doesn't use it in fight. Only in Final Smash. I don't understand why they didn't craft an original moveset far different from Pit. I guess to cut corners and save time? I don't know. I would have rather have had Magnus, Hades or Medusa. Preferably Hades and Medusa since we need more villains int he roster and Dark Pit.. Well, if anyone played Uprising, would know he isn't a "villain".

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
No, even from a clone perspective i can't help but think there were better choices than what is ultimately a black palette swap of pit. Also the sheer amount of kid icarus stuff was already way over the top or at least it is in my opinion, dark pit certainly did not help change my mind on the matter. Sorry but i just strait dislike his addition to the roster plain and simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom