• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you happy that Dark Pit made it in?

Are you happy Dark Pit is in Smash 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
One of the most ridiculous additions to the cast. 2.9 million Kid Icarus games sold across three games, and there are three characters? And one is a clone; a pallet swap from the previous game. It's baffling, really. Meanwhile, the 7th most selling Donkey Kong game alone has sold more than that, and they have two characters, and nothing new. Really messed up.
Would you rather have Dixie in a Ganondorf situation, or would you wait out a game? If you chose the later, would you rather have an empty slot or a clone?

That about sums up how I feel. How is Alph just a palette swap and Dark Pit is not? I think that's what baffles me the most. Dark Pit being an addition to this roster just furthers the belief that Sakurai is incredibly biased. Not only do we get three Kid Icarus characters, but then we get an overhaul of Kid Icarus items, assist trophies, and enemies in Smash Run. Donkey Kong didn't even have an assist trophy or item in Brawl...just ridiculous if you ask me.
If Sakurai had more time, he would of added Alph. Remember Sakurai saying how stressful it is to choose characters? Yes, he ultimately had to choose between the two at some point. For one reason or another, he went with DP. I'd say it's because DP isn't as obscure as Alph, but I can't say for sure.

No. No I am not. You see, Doctor Mario was one of my favorite characters in Melee (and one of the only ones I could win with against my brothers) so I don't mind him coming back. Besides, he has differences from Mario. Lucina, while having Marth's moves, is a much better option for me. I'm terrible with Marth because I can never get the tip of the blade right. Every time I be him in both Melee and Brawl I fail in the most spectacular fashion. I like how Marth plays, so Lucina basically being Marth without the tip of the blade stuff is perfect for me. Her sword is strong all the way through, and that's how I like it. I will main her most likely.

Now Dark Pit? ...Why? Why did this happen? As someone who mains Pit (My top three mains are :4kirby::ness2::4pit:) I don't like his inclusion at all. First of all, Dark Pit doesn't seem to have any obvious differences to Pit. From the gameplay I seen, he looks exactly the same. I suppose he looks a little stronger...which brings me to my next point. Why do I get the feeling that they purposely weakened Pit so they could make Dark Pit stronger than him? It would seem Dark Pit's recovery is better, he's stronger, his arrows go farther, I hear he's faster, etc. Why do this? What's the point of regular Pit then? Do you mean to tell me one of my top three mains have been purposely held back in areas so that Sakurai could force me to play as his clone instead? That is completely stupid. If all I'm hearing is true, I don't see one thing Pit has over Dark Pit, and that's just ridiculous to me. ....Just....why? Why!? ...Okay, I have to calm down. No use getting worked up. I just hope Pit has a couple things over Dark Pit, it wouldn't be fair otherwise.
Pit appears to be faster overall, for one. And DP's arrows look harder to use then Pit's, which are nearly at a PK thunder level of control.

Here's an idea: Press X to switch to Dark Pit while selecting Pit, just like switching Olimar to Alph.

He absolutely should not be in a separate character slot.
Sakurai has gone on record that he doesn't see the roster as slots.

The best thing about Dark Pit for me is that he seems to have taken the title of "the character that people call the cloniest clone ever" from Lucina. :p
Seriously, I don't mind his inclusion. I just wish his model had clear aesthetic differences. Here's hoping for unique custom moves.
Go ahead and take that back any minute now...

Aaaany second now...

Seriously though, I'm not liking how the hate is being centered on DP. Any of you, what makes DP worse the any other clone?

Would have rather of had Dark Pit as an alt while Alph would be a clone.
You don't think Sakurai thought about that? Maybe not directly, but more like "Who's the next clone?" He decided to go for the less obscure of the two.

It's Dark Pit, not Dark Palutena.
His arrows are already different by default. No doubt the customs will be even further appart.
No.

I'm not going to say "It should have been Mewtwo" or something like that, because I know Dark Pit was quick to make in comparison. But that's no excuse. The amount of Kid Icarus content in this game is nightmarish and makes it extremely obvious how biased Sakurai has been in regards to representing his own games. Not only did he get his own slot over more deserving potential clones (Alph?), but he apparently also got more changes as well, including a new final smash, which not even Lucina - an actually new character, not a palette swap - or Dr. Mario - a Melee veteran - got. Hell, Falco and Toon Link didn't even get new final smashes, and they're veterans who are much less cloney as it is and have plenty of material to take easy final smashes from (Arwing and Hurricane spin, respectively). And we still have Falcondorf. And Lucas and Wolf are gone, despite being veterans who should have been reasonably easy to re-implement. There are too many things ignored for me to see Dark Pit in a good light.

Sakurai made a lot of good decisions on this game, but also some glaringly obvious bad ones.
How is Alph any more deserving then DP? How do we measure that?

I love Lucina and can stomach Dr. Mario but Dark Pit was a letdown.
You have to understand that many DP fans are in the exact same situation, with the roles reversed. At least have some sympathy...

Wait what? Seriously?

I thought the tipper mechanic was just a rumor. How does that at all make sense on a character like Dark Pit? The tipper mechanic is meant to emulate a rapier style moveset, which is Marth's signature weapons(other than Falchion) in the original FE games.. How do tipper attacks even work when a lot of Pits moves incorporate spinning his blades around for multi-hit moves?

That just seems so......... Cheap. Sakurai couldn't even think of an original idea to make Dark Pit legitimately unique?? Just tacking on a tipper mechanic, which is supposed to be Marth's 'thing'?

Wow, his inclusion is even more forced than I thought. I didn't think I could like him any less than I did before.
It's completely true. It's not on every attack mind you, which is why I predict DP won't have his removed, but it's definitely there.

No. Just like Lucina, he's wasted potential. He had a clear preference of a weapon over Pit, yet once again he was given the easy route and made a clone.

Considering this is a character Sakurai created, I'm even more disappointed.
DP usually uses the bow, actually. He used the staff once, in an optional encounter.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey they had time create a new Final Smash for Dark Pit and I don't know how many custom moves.

Yet Doctor Mario and Lucina got their counterparts Final Smashes. The later didn't even change the graphics to match the Critical Hit from Awakening.

Can you say "Sakurai Bias"?
Dr. Mario's Final Smash IS a tad bit different with those pixelated pills and such. I know I am just splitting hairs but it isn't a full cloned Final Smash. Plus, he is basically Mario with a doctor coat.

And I am biased towards Lucina as, well, I will probably be picking her up as one of my mains but I have argued that making her a clone of Marth is actually canon within the Fie Emblem franchise. It makes perfect sense as to making her basically a clone. So I am not that hurt that her Final Smash it Critical Strike because that makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense to me is to keep Falco's Final Smash still Landmaster when he could easily hop into an Arwing.

But I am going to save my final judgement for Dark Pit until I can unlock him when I get the game in 12 hours.

You have to understand that many DP fans are in the exact same situation, with the roles reversed. At least have some sympathy...
If I came off as venomous, I apologize. I am trying to be sympathetic towards Dark Pit supporters. Sadly, you guys are getting a lot of hate thrown at you and your guy and I don't think it's deserved. It's sad because he could of had some potential but he went the clone route and people are obviously salty an dbitter about it but that is no excuse to flame fans of the character. We have only see game play videos, and who knows, maybe he might become a good character to play as. Of course, every complainer and his mom will be screaming out "Sakurai bias!!!" if he gets anything above than a D tier. And Palutena most likely as well.

Last edited:

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
The best thing about Dark Pit for me is that he seems to have taken the title of "the character that people call the cloniest clone ever" from Lucina. :p
Seriously, I don't mind his inclusion. I just wish his model had clear aesthetic differences. Here's hoping for unique custom moves.
Which is wrong because at least Dark Pit got his own Final Smash.
Lucina's doesn't even match the game she came from.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
Dr. Mario's Final Smash IS a tad bit different with those pixelated pills and such. I know I am just splitting hairs but it isn't a full cloned Final Smash. Plus, he is basically Mario with a doctor coat.

And I am biased towards Lucina as, well, I will probably be picking her up as one of my mains but I have argued that making her a clone of Marth is actually canon within the Fie Emblem franchise. It makes perfect sense as to making her basically a clone. So I am not that hurt that her Final Smash it Critical Strike because that makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense to me is to keep Falco's Final Smash still Landmaster when he could easily hop into an Arwing.

But I am going to save my final judgement for Dark Pit until I can unlock him when I get the game in 12 hours.
I'm planning on maining Lucina.
But the least they could do is make her Final Smash a Super Move Portrait Attack or change the "Health Bar" to the Awakening design.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm planning on maining Lucina.
But the least they could do is make her Final Smash a Super Move Portrait Attack or change the "Health Bar" to the Awakening design.
That would be pretty cool now that you mention it. Anyways, I will give Dark Pit a spin and if he's good, I will be pleasantly surprised. I hope his custom moves are different than Pit's (as well as the Doc and Marth) or at least have different attributes.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Would you rather have Dixie in a Ganondorf situation, or would you wait out a game? If you chose the later, would you rather have an empty slot or a clone?

If Sakurai had more time, he would of added Alph. Remember Sakurai saying how stressful it is to choose characters? Yes, he ultimately had to choose between the two at some point. For one reason or another, he went with DP. I'd say it's because DP isn't as obscure as Alph, but I can't say for sure.

Pit appears to be faster overall, for one. And DP's arrows look harder to use then Pit's, which are nearly at a PK thunder level of control.

Sakurai has gone on record that he doesn't see the roster as slots.

Go ahead and take that back any minute now...

Aaaany second now...

Seriously though, I'm not liking how the hate is being centered on DP. Any of you, what makes DP worse the any other clone?

You don't think Sakurai thought about that? Maybe not directly, but more like "Who's the next clone?" He decided to go for the less obscure of the two.

His arrows are already different by default. No doubt the customs will be even further appart.

How is Alph any more deserving then DP? How do we measure that?

It's completely true. It's not on every attack mind you, which is why I predict DP won't have his removed, but it's definitely there.

DP usually uses the bow, actually. He used the staff once, in an optional encounter.
I'd rather Alph as a clone than dark pit because that way we would have 2 pikmin characters and 2 KI characters. Also, there would be less people complaining about developer bias. Including me.
How did you come to this conclusion?
Simple. Both series have 3 games. Overall, the three pikmins combined are better than the three KIs combined.

Really, we should have gotten a second pikmin character before a second kid Icarus character, much less a third!

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
To me, it's mostly indifference. I enjoy Kid Icarus as a series, but what frustrates me is that clone-like characters like Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario got in while Lucas and Wolf got the noose. However, I won't blame Dark Pit or the other two for that, since Lucina and Dr. Mario are also in the same boat IMO. Again though, these characters have their arguments as well, such as Lucina canonically being similar to Marth anyway, and Dr. Mario, although being Mario in a lab coat, does have subtle differences that warrant him different enough to pick up (Tornado, different F-Smash, drill for D-Air, slightly different FS, etc). As long as Dark Pit has subtle enough differences, I don't see much wrong with having him.

In short, it comes down to me being admittedly butt-hurt that my favourite series got cut into 1/2 (even though EarthBound technically has Mother 1 and EarthBound representation, so it technically was cut down by 1/3 due to Lucas and Mother 3 being under-represented). However, I don't think 'blaming' the other characters who got in is necessarily right, either. It certainly won't change anything, lol.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'd rather alpha as a clone than dark pit because that way we would have 2 pikmin characters and 2 KI characters. Also, there would be less people complaining about developer bias. Including me.

Simple. Both series have 3 games. Overall, the three pikmins combined are better than the three KIs combined.

Really, we should have gotten a second pikmin character before a second kid Icarus character, much less a third!
You couldn't even spell his name right...

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
I see a lot of posts about how there were more deserving reps. However, Kid Icarus: Uprising was one of the biggest 3DS games. That means that kids, say, aged 8-14, have grown up with him and likely are happy to see him. Meanwhile, Dark Samus or Link wouldn't do too much for them. Dark Pit is probably one of the best characterized Nintendo character of late, so he's a bit of a treat for the more recent gamer. The way I see it:

Older Gamers Get: Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt,

Newer Gamers Get: Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Greninja, Dark Pit, Shulk

Guys in the Middle Get: Rosalina and Luma, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario?

The games reps are mostly geared towards Nintendo fans before 2010, but Nintendo has had many success stories in the past four years, so why shouldn't they be repped? Yeah, I get that Metroid and DK may be underepped, but cutting Lucina and Dark Pit for Dark Samus and Dixie Kong (as a clone) wouldn't do much for the younger fans and would unevenly stack the characters in favor of the older fans.
The problem isn't necessarily the amount of reps KI:U has, it's the fact that a lot of potential was wasted on him, and there are much better reps for that franchise. I'm pretty sure if Sakurai included Magnus, Viridi, or Phosphora with a complete new moveset, people would not be complaining as much (even those who are complaining about reps for other franchises might've simmered down a bit). Instead, we just get a recolor of Pit--not even a different costume, stature or anything of that sort mind you with slight tweaks.

People are just upset at seeing yet another clone (that was poorly done), and they'll blame whatever or just get mad at that fact.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

Sakurai brought back Kid Icarus from nothing and created Smash. I think he is entitled to a little roster bias. That being said, it is disappointing Dark Pit is a literal clone. There was so much potential for a really unique moveset.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Which is wrong because at least Dark Pit got his own Final Smash.
Lucina's doesn't even match the game she came from.
Well, it is good that Dark Pit has his differences. :p Lucina's final smash being identical does indeed bother me, but I very rarely play with smash balls activated, so... eh. :p I actually don't have anything against clones in general, so whoever deserves the title of "cloniest clone" can wear it proudly as far as I'm concerned.
My issue with Dark Pit isn't actually his moveset, but his appearance - I prefer characters to be easily distinguishable (Lucina, for example, is borderline, but still easily distuingishable) and just hope it doesn't cause readability issues. :ohwell:

Nevertheless, I'm happy for those who wanted Dark Pit to be in and got him. :) Hopefully he proves to be fun and effective.

Last edited:

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Not trying to derail the topic or anything, but having Lucina as a clone of Marth makes sense and at the same time it does not. The sword she uses does not suit the fencing style that Marth uses, and in FE:A, she said she was taught by Chrom. In the superbly animated CGI cutscenes in that game, Lucina's and Chrom's fighting style drastically differ from Marth's fighting style. In truth, it is similar to that of Ike. Heck, the three of them even have that spinning "Aether" move. The both of them, Chrom and Lucina, add a lot of their own body weight to their sword swings, and use two hands for several of their maneuvers in many of the game's cutscenes and gameplay.

Like, check out this quick 48 second animation from the game.

I am hoping that Lucina's custom moves are different than Marth's and more akin to what we see here.

Anyways, I agree with your point on Falco. It's just pure laziness on Sakurai's part, and I think that's how people are feeling with DP as well...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It was auto correct.

Also, you didn't even respond to any of the arguments! It's not like you have anything to lose by responding to my arguments, dark pit is already in.
I was referring to how you couldn't even be bothered to spell the character's name right, and he's the one that you said should replace DP. Sounds more like you just want DP gone instead of replaced...

People were complaining about bais from Sakurai about Starfox back in Brawl. People will complain about anything, so why even try in that regard?

The other two statements are just opinions.

Lucas was a clone and he got cut, so I guess he did replace somebody.
Japan hates his guts, so Sakurai probably thought he had to be removed.

RazorsawTF

Smash Cadet
Alph being picked over Dark Pit strikes me as a very ill advised move. Let's take a character known for a very esoteric and hard to master moveset, and make a variation of it. Yeah, that totally would have been easy to do as any other clone and resulted in a character that would have had people lining up to play him.

If you had to choose to add one as a completely different character and one to just make an alt, Alph is clearly the way to go.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'll be the first to admit that I scapegoat Dark Pit for all my roster woes.

But its just so easy when his inclusion is so absurd and his character is so boring and uninspired. Even Doc is more interesting, to me.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I don't mind Dark Pit. I chose Indifferent in the poll, but I'm a little more positive than that. I didn't actively want him in the game, but I have no ill will toward him. As far as clones go, he looks fun. I liked Pit a lot in Brawl, so it will be nice to have two variants to choose from (with 12 custom moves each, holy smokes that's a lot of variety!).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Alph being picked over Dark Pit strikes me as a very ill advised move. Let's take a character known for a very esoteric and hard to master moveset, and make a variation of it. Yeah, that totally would have been easy to do as any other clone and resulted in a character that would have had people lining up to play him.

If you had to choose to add one as a completely different character and one to just make an alt, Alph is clearly the way to go.
Um, Olimar is the one that's hard to use. To the point he's went from bottom tier to top tier over Brawl's lifetime.

•Col•

Smash Champion
People were complaining about bais from Sakurai about Starfox back in Brawl. People will complain about anything, so why even try in that regard?
Wait what?

No one complained about Sakurai ever being biased in regards to Starfox. That doesn't even make sense.

If anything, people criticized Sakurai for making Fox/Falco/Wolf's special moves and final smashes all so similar, as if he knew practically nothing about the Starfox series. Because there's plenty of potential there as well, rather than just Blaster-Illusion-Reflector....

RazorsawTF

Smash Cadet
Um, Olimar is the one that's hard to use. To the point he's went from bottom tier to top tier over Brawl's lifetime.
I know.

But his learning curve is obscenely high. Doubling that with a second version of him would have been a mistake, is what I'm saying.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm happy he got in, honestly he's the kind of character that would have either been a clone or nothing in his place, so i'm not surprised he is a literal clone. As for the hate, i guess it's mainly towards the whole "bias" bull**** people always bring up, but hey that's their problem,

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I was referring to how you couldn't even be bothered to spell the character's name right, and he's the one that you said should replace DP. Sounds more like you just want DP gone instead of replaced...

The other two statements are just opinions
OMG. I wrote alph and it autocorrected it to alpha without me noticing. Leave that alone as it doesn't have to do with anything.

And how is it my opinion that pikmin was overall better than Kid Icarus?

Pikmin was made by Miyamoto, and was a huge success. I think Kid Icarus also did really good, but here's where it gets in pikmin's favor; Pikmin 2 also did very well, while kid Icarus 2 was in the gameboy and wasn't even sold in Japan. Pikmin 1 and 2 also got new play control and furthered their success. I think Kid Icarus also was released on virtual console, but it wasn't sold physically. Next, pikmin 3 and KI uprising were both very good games, with pikmin having DLC and KI having a fun multiplayer to last the games. I was actually really hyped for KI uprising. (Also now is when the second KI is released for the first time in Japan)

So basically, counting re-releases, pikmin had 5 well selling games, while KI has a debatable 4 successful games. Most of the pikmin games were really successful but some KI games were not. (Uprising is still really good.) I like the characters, but Alph would make a better clone and would represent Nintendo better.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wait what?

No one complained about Sakurai ever being biased in regards to Starfox. That doesn't even make sense.

If anything, people criticized Sakurai for making Fox/Falco/Wolf's special moves and final smashes all so similar, as if he knew practically nothing about the Starfox series. Because there's plenty of potential there as well, rather than just Blaster-Illusion-Reflector....
You really can't remember back that far? DP is in the same situation as Wolf was, and ultimately lead to him being cut in my book.

I know.

But his learning curve is obscenely high. Doubling that with a second version of him would have been a mistake, is what I'm saying.
Whoops, misread your post. Yeah, one Olimar is enough, especially since he's known to be hard to deal with.

OMG. I wrote alph and it autocorrected it to alpha without me noticing. Leave that alone as it doesn't have to do with anything.

And how is it my opinion that pikmin was overall better than Kid Icarus?

Pikmin was made by Miyamoto, and was a huge success. I think Kid Icarus also did really good, but here's where it gets in pikmin's favor; Pikmin 2 also did very well, while kid Icarus 2 was in the gameboy and wasn't even sold in Japan. Pikmin 1 and 2 also got new play control and furthered their success. I think Kid Icarus also was released on virtual console, but it wasn't sold physically. Next, pikmin 3 and KI uprising were both very good games, with pikmin having DLC and KI having a fun multiplayer to last the games. I was actually really hyped for KI uprising. (Also now is when the second KI is released for the first time in Japan)

So basically, counting re-releases, pikmin had 5 well selling games, while KI has a debatable 4 successful games. Most of the pikmin games were really successful but some KI games were not. (Uprising is still really good.) I like the characters, but Alph would make a better clone and would represent Nintendo better.
The comparison is ultimately pointless because the two series latest, and best IMO, games were on two completely different systems. One was struggling, while the other was on it's upward climb. You can't really judge popularity off of that.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Im personally in favour of Dark Pit because if he didn't make it, nothing would take his place. He would have been added to buff up the roster size in late stages of development with little work needed to be done. He would have not replaced any character nor would have hindered another characters inclusion. All this misinformed hate is stupid and pointless.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I love Kid Icarus Uprising and I love Dark Pit as a character. I'm happy he's in the game and that he's playable, but man, I would be so much happier if he was unique. There are weapons from Uprising that Pit isn't using, I think it would have been better to give those to Dark Pit to give him his own unique fighting style, but no.

Seriously, I got hyped when I saw him in the Palutena trailer, but after seeing how his fighting is near IDENTICAL to Pit's, he might as well have just been a costume.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Lucas was a clone and he got cut, so I guess he did replace somebody.
Except for with unique animations and properties for all of his moves and a different appearance from Ness, he would have taken much longer to program than Dark Pit. Dark Pit (and Lucina) shares identical animations with his predecessor, so programming him would be a simple model change and tweaks to his physics. Lucas, on the other hand, doesn't even move like Ness at all. Dark Pit wasn't a one for one replacement- he's a bonus character thrown in to please his fans that used minimal effort.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Well, clones don't take anyone's "spot" as some believe. They're usually last minute decisions, so I can't necessarily say I hate it, but I think it's kind of stupid. They could have brought back better clones.

Electric Lady

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohnQuixote
3DS FC
0662-4546-8146
Indifferent. I thought it was silly that he was a straight clone, with Pit's blades instead of the staff, but when I read that he's supposed to function like Brawl Pit it made more sense. That's something that's happened in fighting games before - having a previous iteration of a character selectable, like how Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo let you select SSF2 versions of the characters who had their older properties but no super bar. While there are other clones I'd rather see, I guess Sakurai showing off his own work can't be helped.

I think it's amusing that Dark Pit will function the same way as he did in Uprising's story, in that he gets a lot of hate and he is either the butt of folks' jokes or a source of outright fury for some people. (Cancelling preorders over a clone character? Seriously?)

MarLonLonMilk

Smash Rookie
Being an Uprising and Dark Pit fan is rough. I wanted Phosphora more, but I love Pittoo. All this hate while people cry for Wolf (another clone) really irks me. And Lucina and the Doc just get to cruise by; it's crazy!

I'll be the first to admit that I scapegoat Dark Pit for all my roster woes.

But its just so easy when his inclusion is so absurd and his character is so boring and uninspired. Even Doc is more interesting, to me.
Boring and uninspired? Dark Pit was an accident. A clone that didn't end up an entire clone. Would have been cool if Smash 4 played to that. You played through Uprising and found him boring and uninspired?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Being an Uprising and Dark Pit fan is rough. I wanted Phosphora more, but I love Pittoo. All this hate while people cry for Wolf (another clone) really irks me. And Lucina and the Doc just get to cruise by; it's crazy!
Lucina had her fair share of hate when she was first announced, but people cooled off about a week later.

Dr. Mario is an odd one... I feel like he's almost less acceptable than Dark Pit since he's both the same person as Mario and since he's already had his shot. However, feelings of Melee nostalgia seemed to really set in, as people have hardly complained about the Doctor.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Dr Mario is literally just Mario with a white coat on. Dark Pit is his own character with a personality and goals. That fact you find the Dr more interesting is absurd.

Some of the hate people are chucking Dark Pit's way is really pathetic. In a week or two this will blow over and then there will be something else to complain about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom