• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Plan on Maining Lucas?

PK.STARS*

Smash Rookie
I've been using Ice Climbers as my main in melee for quite some time, but I've recently been using Ness a whole lot. I'll probably give Lucas a try, seems like he'll be lots of fun.

Here's a picture I took from that new video...feel free to make it into something cool.

cool. that scene looks kinda odd for a taunt. it could be a random idle animation.

Lucas has become a rarity in the smash videos.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I might main him, I like unique characters and his 'A' moves do look a lot better, I hope he still has his D-air as a spike like Ness though, I know his B-air is a meteor smash but two deadly aerials would make him so much better. Psy.

hyperiondragon

Smash Rookie
Im planning on maining Lucas, but I will use Ness too, similiarly to how in ssb64 if one played as mario could decently use luigi.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is a pimp! I love him - new main. He's got a ranged killer grab, a giant upsmash of death, exploding PK fire, a bair spike, fast uptilt juggling, and he just looks frickin' cool in general. Lucas for top tier.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
cool. that scene looks kinda odd for a taunt. it could be a random idle animation.

Lucas has become a rarity in the smash videos.
Nah, it's his taunt. His snake comes out and seems to argue with him and I think it bites him, then it retracts. Pretty cool.

Also, Lucas main here from the first minute >_> I won the very first game of our group with Lucas, so that's gotta show something ^^

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I'm also a prospective Clau...I mean Lucas main. Of the characters I was going to try, he impressed me the most. My love for the Mother series doesn't hurt either.

PanamaConMan

Smash Cadet
I would definitely main Lucas, I just like how he's unhappy, and I also think he's kind of a cute little kid, not to sound creepy:embarrass
Plus, he's got way more backstory than Ness, who I now officially hate for coming back to brawl.
See what you get Ness fans, you wish for Ness but now some ***** about clones:mad:

Dess

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about using Lucas, Maining idk. I got so got with Ness's sweet spoting with PK thunder that I don't really want using Lucas to mess that up for me. I am getting my friend to main as Lucas though. In Melee he tried to use Ness but I out did him and he got mad, so now he's going to us Lucas to try and out due me.

FYI- can you still slide up the side of levels using PK thunder? If not, I may have a problem.

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
Because im a ness main in melee, im most likely going to main ness or lucas. regardless if i dont main lucas which i probably will, ill use him as a secondary for sure.

TrainerBlue

Smash Rookie
No they're not, Lucas's long range grab is enough to make him ten times better than Ness.
Honestly, I Do not Know What They Were Thinking when they Put In Lucas....An Then Have the Testicular fortitude To Bring Back Ness, Even if his Long Rang Grab is Enough To Make Him Ten Times Better Then Ness, Who Cares?, Ness Sucked in melee An He'll Suck In Brawl, same with lucas Why Even Try To Main This Character?...It makes me Laugh Ever time i see That one Smasher That Tries to Use Lucas Seriously, i see Lucas As A Low Teir Character, you all have fun Struggling to get a win with him, Good Luck, lol.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I Do not Know What They Were Thinking when they Put In Lucas....An Then Have the Testicular fortitude To Bring Back Ness, Even if his Long Rang Grab is Enough To Make Him Ten Times Better Then Ness, Who Cares?, Ness Sucked in melee An He'll Suck In Brawl, same with lucas Why Even Try To Main This Character?...It makes me Laugh Ever time i see That one Smasher That Tries to Use Lucas Seriously, i see Lucas As A Low Teir Character, you all have fun Struggling to get a win with him, Good Luck, lol.
Seriously, if you were capitalizing just about every word, why'd you leave your I's lowercase?

On topic, I've given maining lucas a lot of thought. The way he plays looks really interesting, but I'll have to play wtih him before I can decide if I'll main him. He's fast, powerful, and has a great projectile. He also seems to have some range.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
I'm tied between Lucas and Wolf for 3rd, since I beasted with Ness in Melee and made my Marthy and Fox friends feel terrible. If Lucas's green costume looks cool it's no contest.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
when i first saw lucas back in the day, iw as like "dumb, another ****ty earthbound character"

but seriously, lucas is ****ing good. i would main him but i just love Pit too much. for those who play with Smashballs on, lucas ***** FFA cause as soon as one pops out just stand in a corner and PK Thunder. No joke, you'll get it 3/4 times LOL

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
OH YAWN... LISTEN, nobody here cares what you think, your nothing but a tier noob thinking you are hot sh*t and talk a big game because you play a "higher tier" character like Fox, and as for the struggle, that is what I loved about playing as Ness in Melee, it makes my victory all the more rewarding. Oh, and I hear that same old reused speech on how Fox and Sheik will beat me from people just like you just right before I own them so badly because Fox and Sheik players have ZERO originality and use the SAME two or three moves which are not impossible to dodge at all.

I will be looking forward to a match with you in Brawl, just to straight up own you with Ness and Lucas, to hell with tiers, either you got skill or you give up and use "high tier" characters as a Handicap because you suck...

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Ness and Lucas are both fantastic. I'm maining the two as a pair. In fact, I think playing both is vital to my strategy so my moves don't get stale and repetitive. Besides that, there are certain long ranged aerial characters (Marth, for one) who I find difficult to approach with Ness, but not so awful with Lucas.

Anyone who claims these characters are low tier has no clue what they're talking about. I mained Ness in Melee, and he has received a MASSIVE boost. He's a killer. And once you get Lucas's play style down, he's quite the little beast, too.

A winning pair, for sure.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
I seriously plan on maining Lucas. I like small characters who pack a punch. Big things come in small packages. . . Anyway, I don't have Brawl yet but I'm anxious to try him out.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Baaah Im getting excited as the days gets short until brawl comes out. I just wanna smash peoples faces in with a stick and drill them with PK missile. He looks ridiculously fun to play.

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
I'll use Lucas but he probably won't be my main. In Melee I would use Ness when I played my friends (since they said Ice Climbers were cheap).

Malk

Smash Champion
I mise well say it here
I'm maining Lucas

when I look at the character select screen all I see is Lucas' hair

Top Bottom