• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Plan on Maining Lucas?

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
I think Lucas looks like a lot of fun, so I think I might give him a try. Since he is basically a Ness with better "A" moves (yeah, I said it.), I think there won't be too much of a difference. I think he will probably be one of my mains. Anyone else?

EDIT: I hear a lot of people saying how they love the MOTHER series, so here is a link to the Starmen.net EBSiege, They are trying to get the MOTHER series to america, just read about it in the link. If anyone is going to do it, it's them.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
not really... but i do wanna play mother 3. his specials arent actually that much like ness'. look at his b >

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
if this guy has good priority he will be beast. i havn't played the mother games but i just think hes an original and cool character

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I can see myself maining Lucas, he always seemed like a good kid to me. His moveset is a lot more appealing to me than what Ness had in Melee, plus I can't help but want to hug him for all the hate he gets regarding him (possibly) replacing poor Ness. He already goes through a bit in the game, for goodness sake! :(

But seriously though, this kid looks like a pretty good pick, and I'm glad I'm not alone in this line of thought.

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
I mained Ness in Melee, and was really good with PK Thunder. I hope Lucas has a good replacement for Ness' bat, but the PK Thunder fact makes me think I'm DEFINITELY gonna main Lucas. Either him, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, maybe King DeDeDe. But primarily him.

T-major

Smash Champion
I might main him if he plays in a way I like. I don't use Ness because I don't like how he plays; so hopefully Lucas is different enough...

MOTHER3 is my favorite RPG, so I'd like to use a character from there... of course, if Claus gets in...

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to maining Lucas, Ice CLimbers, and any other Mother characters
that somehow make it in such as Claus or Flint. and maybe kirby. also, if
any Castlevania characters or megaman somehow make it in I'll consider
them as well.

So Lucas, Ice CLimbers, Kirby?, and any other Mother characters as well as
those unlikely third-party characters.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I lurv playing as Ness and Lucas looks like a bamf (gotta love that hair), so yeah, I'll be playing him a lot.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Lucas' inclusion into Brawl is the only reason why I even got back into Smash after half a year's absence. Mother 3 is one of my absolute favorite games ever (the ending left me depressed for, like, two days) and since I use characters that I like (even though I may suck royally with them) Lucas will definitely be my number one. Of course, I was a bit put off by him stealing Ness' already stolen (game-wise) moves. That better be PK Love as his Final Smash...

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely try him out, but there's a lot of characters I'd like to try so it's hard to say for certain.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
It's just angled, whoop dee ****ing doo :dizzy:
That's the same difference between Luigi's and Mario's firball; Mario's angles itself and bounces while Luigi's simply goes straight out, making for two completely different moves (well, not completely, but you get the idea)

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
Ther are three conditions on which I will main him
1) his moves are not that laggy(start up time)
2) good aerials
3) Good FS

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
If Lucas is an improved Ness, and he keeps Ness's awesome DJC game, I'll definitely main him. But it'll be behind the Ice Climbers of course.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
To me, Lucas represents a new opportunity for us Ness players to participate in the higher tiers of play. If Lucas is a more capable Ness I plan to main him. If he isn't a significant improvement over Melee's Ness, I will be disappointed.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
I think he meant bat, and Ness really wasn't a combo character, more of a kill character. A great move for Lucas. PK fire to s smash, great way to kill with a high percent.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
He definitely seems promising, b-air spike ftw. It still makes me frown upon sakurais decision (probably) to remove Ness. What he gained? nothing, he lost a dang cool character with a bat that could hit your very soul.

Hong

The Strongest
He definitely seems promising, b-air spike ftw. It still makes me frown upon sakurais decision (probably) to remove Ness. What he gained? nothing, he lost a dang cool character with a bat that could hit your very soul.
Actually, Lucas still has a bat. Also, Lucas has various tools that only exist in MOTHER3. Like the rope snake! Having more grab range is going to have a big effect on his game. In my opinion, Lucas is cooler in both the character and aesthetic scale. I totally dig the hair!

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
yea and people don't realize it but MOTHER 2 was not as popular as MOTHER 3. MOTHER 3 had Lucas in it, which means the rightful owner of a smash spot is Lucas.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Is it okay to main three characters? ;)

Really, though, I am undoubtedly going to main Lucas. Peach was a given since I mained her in Melee, and Pit was a given ever since he was announced. When the first Lucas rumors arose, though, I had no strong feelings toward the little guy. As time went by, however, I learned more about Lucas, and I began playing MOTHER3. The more I knew, the more I loved Lucas. Now, I simply cannot wait to play as him!

thrak

Smash Cadet
the mere possibility of maining-ing lucas is erased if any of his taunts are the"okay" that ness had. otherwise, it could be likely if he can combo

dan smith

Smash Champion
Despite my devotion to Ness, and love of the Mother series, I shall really only play Lucas if he plays the way I like. I only play Ness cause his style is my preference. If Lucas differs too much...and I find somebody else more fitting...then who knows who I'll play.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
I will try him out but i will stay play as Ness.......(Shut up!)

But i dont find a big kick strait up is better thaan the yo yo glitch.

Top Bottom