• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Plan on Maining Lucas?

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
No because I thought Ness was incredibly bad in Melee, so his Lucas clone is prolly gonna suck badly in Brawl. Sorry, I'm simply NOT a Ness fanboy, lol.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Probably. Either him of meta knight. His rope snake is really appealing, gives the user more options when recovering, not relying on his second jump and his PK Thunder. Lucas kicks =D. Psy.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
that sucks that Ness is out... he was pretty cool looking.
i'll try out Lucas but i dont think il main him...

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to play as him. I like the psychic and magic character a lot. So, he should be fun to use. As well, his B moves are similar enough to Ness' for me to be able to play as Lucas without worrying to much.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I always enjoyed ness, but I don't think I'll be able to get into Lucas as I did ness. No yoyo either. So proebly not, but I'll have to play him to make sure.

ForteEscape

Smash Cadet
Ness was my quarternary character (After Marth, G+W, and Ice Climbers)
Since the first two I'm sure have been deconfirmed, and I'm a little bored of Ice Climbers, I guess I'll use Lucas.

Though...Lucas is nothing without Ness's fair :(

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Sure.
But Lucas' Fair hasn't been confirmed.
Probably the same thing, but with a stick.
Could Lucas use a bat if you wanted in M3?

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I was really thinking I was, but now that his final smash is ANOTHER one of Kumatora's moves, I'm not so sure. I'm kind of hoping for Claus (with a moveset that belongs to him) now that Lucas is just Kumatora with a snake rope and an homage to PK LOVE (Hexagon based standard moves). But then again....I guess the standard smashes are enough like PK LOVE that I still want to try him. He will definatly be one of my mains if Claus doesn't make it.

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
I liked Ness in Melee, but he was too slow for starters and his moveset just didn't suit me.
He'll be among my three mains.
You might be wondering how I'm going to operate three mains right?

Lord Climactis

Smash Rookie
Oh right, I thought it was an odd concept seeing as how everybody was naming ONE particular main. Well, I got three, and what's with the blunt "Yeah I know your bragging but nobody cares" attitude dude? We're here to have some fun, don't take me down for one comment!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Oh right, I thought it was an odd concept seeing as how everybody was naming ONE particular main. Well, I got three, and what's with the blunt "Yeah I know your bragging but nobody cares" attitude dude? We're here to have some fun, don't take me down for one comment!
Friendly handshake? XD I have 2 possible Mains for now, but I know that will only increase if certain other characters are playable. And I may not only have to main Samus, but Zamus too... who knows.

Ger-Bah

Smash Rookie
There are few people who could top Lucas as my main in Brawl. Ness, Demille, Klonoa, or Ashley. Even then it's kinda a toss-up ('cept for Klonoa, wins hands-down).

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Of course I'm going to main him.

Even if Sakurai lied about Ness' inclusion in Brawl and put him in Brawl anyway, Lucas is still better.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I'm very excited about Lucas. I think most of you would agree that he represents a fresh start on the tier list and the promise of an improved moveset. Hopefully his tethered grab will be as fast as it is long and I hope he has the strong throws and powerful juggles to complement his grabs. DJC wouldn't hurt either. I just wish I had the means to play his game in English so that I can appreciate him better.

I can't wait to see how this thread evolves once we all have the game in our hands. For comparisons sake, how long did it take for the tier list to settle in Melee? Also, how much did the tier change after advanced game mechanics became standard fare (wavedashing, jump-cancelled grabs, etc.)?

Dekar

Smash Apprentice
In the first smash brothers i mained Ness, i earthbound was my fav game featured on there and it turned out he was godly.

At first i hated melee cause of what they did to ness. But hes still my main, and im godly with him.

So Lucas, youre my boy now, dont let me down!

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
i plan to. unless another really cool character is confirmed.. But right now it looks like diddy or lucas.

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
Having played Eartbound and experiencing its awesomeness i would like to main Lucas (or possibly another EB/Mother rep) THe only reason I wouldn't is because my friend plans to but i would like to take that main from him. There is also a chance someone even more awesome than lucas will be in the game

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably main Lucas or another MOTHER rep. But.. Really, there's a lot of cool characters so far and we don't even know who's all in the game, it's too early to say.

So instead I'll say I hope Lucas is mainable cuz I'd like to main him, maybe.

motherfan

Smash Journeyman
Having played Eartbound and experiencing its awesomeness i would like to main Lucas (or possibly another EB/Mother rep) THe only reason I wouldn't is because my friend plans to but i would like to take that main from him. There is also a chance someone even more awesome than lucas will be in the game
I..I..don't think thats posable!:estatic:

Top Bottom