• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Peach is pretty horrible from my experience.
She's not horrible at all. She's just not ridiculous like in Melee. I think she'll turn out to be at least mid-tier if enough people pick her up.

I'm going to work on her though. She can move at Melee-speed in the right hands, and mainly the only things that have been nerfed is her double jump (wtf it goes nowhere now), f-throw (but everyone's throws have been nerfed), and d-smash, but d-smash is still an awesome move. it just doesn't do 50 damage anymore lol

Meanwhile her fair is sick, priority, damage, and knockback have been buffed. she can kill with her dair now in certain situations lol. she can also kill with her up-b. nair's still good. Dash attack is arguably better, because it hits twice and knocks them upward. Turnips are always good.

but like I said, I think i'm going to train with her a lot more. I have high hopes.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Awww i love that song. Mostly just cause of "Night at the Roxsbury" but its still an awesome song by its self.

T1j: Peach is a power house of damage dealing. Her Dair is just hard to get around, and the rest of her moves have good range and priority. I am also learning to play her, but i will probably only use her in teams as a damage dealer, and let my teammate be the killer.

lolz, they banned CG's in texas tournaments...how silly 0o

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Guys listen to this, my friend plays GW and the just a few minutes ago he was messing around with him in training. I zoomed into him and used his taunts, and I swear to God his down taunt looks like hes jumping in the air and flicking everyone off with both his fingers. This is unreasonably hilarious, you guys need to see for yourselves.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Consider it done. Wow, I've already added close to 10 people on this forum, I can't wait to tear them all to shreds and stand tall across their dead bodies!

Thats called "gaining rep" right?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Consider it done. Wow, I've already added close to 10 people on this forum, I can't wait to tear them all to shreds and stand tall across their dead bodies!

Thats called "gaining rep" right?
Let me know when you are ready.

I want to fight you.

We'll discuss rep afterwards.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Kalm, we need to fight like, tomorrow. I haven't been available for a while, but now i'm free of all other gaming obligations:grin:

So sometime tomorrow! Now, i go to sleep.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Of course, like I said I've added everyone who has challenged me in this thread. Of course, I have almost no add backs, so thats a fail at the moment. Also, I hope that most of you have a nick thats related to your forum name when I actually fight you, I dont like being confused like that.

And on another note, I've decide for sure that DK and Ike and my mains for sure, with Falco and MK trailing behind I think. And I'm starting to pick up Lucario again, thankfully, for he is awesome as hell.

I was having quite a problem fighting a decently skilled MK earlier. Not with DK and Ike that much mind you, mainly with Luigi, one of my mains. Luigi was completely shut down by him in range and in the air game, and you know how hard it is to get a counter attack in with that **** down smash lol. Thank goodness for Ike being able to kill people fast and from across the stage, and for DK's sickeningly fun mind games eh Majist?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
We can go at it if you want, Kalm. Mind you I'm probably not as good as the ones who challenged you, but if you have nothing better to do, neither do I.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Okey day, I'll add you as well then. =)

Fighting someone better is always a good way to get better, I always say.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I hate to break it to you, Kalm, but you were playing with a friend (who happens to be a girl) of mine from college.

She plays with items on.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Of course, like I said I've added everyone who has challenged me in this thread. Of course, I have almost no add backs, so thats a fail at the moment. Also, I hope that most of you have a nick thats related to your forum name when I actually fight you, I dont like being confused like that.

And on another note, I've decide for sure that DK and Ike and my mains for sure, with Falco and MK trailing behind I think. And I'm starting to pick up Lucario again, thankfully, for he is awesome as hell.

I was having quite a problem fighting a decently skilled MK earlier. Not with DK and Ike that much mind you, mainly with Luigi, one of my mains. Luigi was completely shut down by him in range and in the air game, and you know how hard it is to get a counter attack in with that **** down smash lol. Thank goodness for Ike being able to kill people fast and from across the stage, and for DK's sickeningly fun mind games eh Majist?
Luigi is actually one of the few characters I feel like I can actually hit Metaknight with. Luigi has pretty unexpected priority at time

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
's it your wanting to get better that compels you to find so many matches? ;D

In all seriousness, you sound like a fun guy.
Yes, that and the fact I want to make a name for myself if why I'm so eager to fight. I know I'm really good, but I know I can get better. And most of all, I want to become well known for at least one of my characters. This is going to happen a bit sooner, as I'm going to being posting videos of myself soon. Thank you for the compliment too btw. >^..^<

I hate to break it to you, Kalm, but you were playing with a friend (who happens to be a girl) of mine from college.

She plays with items on.

Yes I noticed that, it was rather disappointing really. She was fairly okay, but I was only using Lucario, whos currently in my C Team, and I was able to beat her well enough. As for the items thing, I didn't see any while I was fighting, and of course in any serious fight I have them off, but I admit sometimes I like to add them in (mainly in 4 player free for all high stock matches) to keep things interesting (but I NEVER turn on stupid items like the Dragoon, and Curry). On a funny note, I did beat a friend of mine with D3 by using Waddle Dee Throw (which occasionally throws items) to assemble the Dragoon... even though items were turned off. Anyways, I wouldn't be so hard on a girl using items on Brawl. I mean, shes a girl, and she plays Brawl right? Thats a thumbs up from me all by itself lol.

Munkus has a rep of giving it up on the first date.
Lol.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Kalm i'd be happy to play you but only if your upload is good. Just about everyone on here has DSL or a crappy upload and it makes the matches lag more then normal for me ( sry im picky when it comes to playing online cause i cant stand the button lagg ). I know im ganna get a few hate reply's for saying that alot of people's upload sucks but im sry cause 1.5meg upload beats a 512 or 768k upload any day. I've also noticed that DSL and Cable dont get along very well when playing smash online cause when i had DSL the lagg was horrible with my friend and he has Comcast Cable, But when i got Comcast everything worked great. Anyways hate me all for saying bad things about your upload :urg:.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Kalm, you live close to Birmingham right? next time George heads up this way you should think of tagging along. We recently had a smash night with like Everyone in the Huntsville and Birmingham area there. It was a blast.

Also, i finally finished full metal today. I'm not sure if i like the ending or not >.<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Luigi is actually one of the few characters I feel like I can actually hit Metaknight with. Luigi has pretty unexpected priority at time
B-Air -> B-Air. It's the new Wall of Pain.

EDIT: Is anyone going to Waba and possibly headed in my general direction?

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Kalm, add me to your friends list of people you are better than. I'll add you next time I'm online (probably tonight).

I'd like to see first hand what all this talk is about.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I played a teaching game with my friend in Maryland online. I learned that online isn't unplayable in general. It's just unplayable if you use Wario.

If anyone wants matches, ask me; I'll be up for it, but I'll be using Ganondorf/Pokèmon Trainer.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Thank goodness for Ike being able to kill people fast and from across the stage, and for DK's sickeningly fun mind games eh Majist?
oh yes. i can't wait to fight you:grin:

honestly i hate using DK online. i kill myself alot....
Man its been a week since i've played any smash. this is no good.
same here. i guess we should jump back on it, huh?
Only for you, sweetcheeks.
EXCUSE ME?? you are so not getting any man love when you get back home. you hussie.

i'm going back to Brandon!!! and don't try and stop me!!:cry:
Also, i finally finished full metal today. I'm not sure if i like the ending or not >.<
i felt the same way. i really didn't expect that at all. have you seen the movie?

Midguy

Smash Cadet
I played a teaching game with my friend in Maryland online. I learned that online isn't unplayable in general. It's just unplayable if you use Wario.

If anyone wants matches, ask me; I'll be up for it, but I'll be using Ganondorf/Pokèmon Trainer.
Man, I'd love an opportunity to beat up on Ganondorf. If you haven't added me, do so. I'll be on later today.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Meh forget it im usless on these boards. I have no means of transportation, and i feel that no one looks at my posts anyways. So i'm prob about done with the smash boards. I'm just ganna stick to playing with the friends i still talk to and whom have the game.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Kalm i'd be happy to play you but only if your upload is good. Just about everyone on here has DSL or a crappy upload and it makes the matches lag more then normal for me ( sry im picky when it comes to playing online cause i cant stand the button lagg ). I know im ganna get a few hate reply's for saying that alot of people's upload sucks but im sry cause 1.5meg upload beats a 512 or 768k upload any day. I've also noticed that DSL and Cable dont get along very well when playing smash online cause when i had DSL the lagg was horrible with my friend and he has Comcast Cable, But when i got Comcast everything worked great. Anyways hate me all for saying bad things about your upload :urg:.
I'll add you then, I have to admit my connection is only sub-par but if we both live in Alabama I don't see why a lag problem would arise.

Kalm, you live close to Birmingham right? next time George heads up this way you should think of tagging along. We recently had a smash night with like Everyone in the Huntsville and Birmingham area there. It was a blast.

I have a work schedule and all that good junk to deal with, but I'm certainly enthusiastic about big Brawl fests, so keep my up to date please by all means. =)
And pleeease don't spoil anything for me! I've seen the movie but only the first few episodes of the series, I plan to watch eventually.

Kalm, add me to your friends list of people you are better than. I'll add you next time I'm online (probably tonight).

I'd like to see first hand what all this talk is about.
All this talk? Am I a celebrity? Well, I'll add you too at any rate I suppose lol.

oh yes. i can't wait to fight you:grin:

honestly i hate using DK online. i kill myself alot....

same here. i guess we should jump back on it, huh?

EXCUSE ME?? you are so not getting any man love when you get back home. you hussie.

i'm going back to Brandon!!! and don't try and stop me!!:cry:

i felt the same way. i really didn't expect that at all. have you seen the movie?
I find DK really safe to play online, mainly because I'm a conservative fighter to begin with. I love poking people with him and waiting for them to get frustrated enough to try and attack me from the air, where I make them even more frustrated. When I play as Ike I'm a bit more aggresive, I can rush people with him more safely with his absurd attacks. I was fighting a Meta Knight yesterday, and every time I got him off the edge of FD there was no return for him. I mixed up Eruption and Aether to completely ruin easy way for him to get back on the stage, the only few times he got past me were due to my mistakes, not any real cunning on his part.

Smashboards: Gay Sex is Our Business
Indeed.

lol. This some kinda random thread right here.
**** right it is, go Alabama! Go random! Fish sticks oragami magnolia sausage flakes!

Okay, so onto original material. You guys still need to check out GW flicking people off dualie style with his Dtaunt. Also, a couple questions... first off, I'm trying to use the friend finder for this forum.... and all it accomplishes is somehow locking me out of the forum when I try to refresh the page. I can't do anything on any tabs of this forum unless I reset the browser completely.
Also, I'm trying to move replays from my Wii to my computer with a SD card, which is kinda hard to do. Is this even possible, and if so how? And if not does anyone know the easiest way to get replays on the net?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I'll add you then, I have to admit my connection is only sub-par but if we both live in Alabama I don't see why a lag problem would arise.
Oh believe me it will. My friend from TN 3 hours away is the only person i can play with online and feel comfortable playing with cause i never get any bad lagg while playing with him. Now no offence to Sk8ordie but i have a blue connection to him and i still feel more button lag while playing with him then i do with the guy from TN and i have a green connection to him. When hosting a room and playing with your friends "Nintendo Wifi" doesnt help at all unlike XBL cause when you host on XBL the servers help you out ( Its your room but its not using all of your internet upload ). Anyways while playing with friends the server swaps back a forth between hosts so if some one has a bad connection then its ganna suck for everyone.

Anyways for me if the button lag is worse then normal or just plain bad ill only play like 2 matches at most to try and get used to it and if i cant ill leave. I'm sorry but thats the way i am with the online for smash.

Also i read an article on MLgpro.com that pro smasher "DAV3" played at his grandmothers house with his cousin on Wifi from upstairs to downstairs and he said the lag was horrible and they were in the same house.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
For the record, I don't have a firewall ****** my connection, which could cause lag between 2 Wiis sitting right next to each other, slightly touching. I do have lousy bandwith though, so it easy to disturb my connection, which otherwise is fine. I usually tell the house not to download crap when Ive got my game on.

Top Bottom