• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So guys, I'm feeling up for some Waba tomorrow but not really looking forward to driving. t1j, I'm guessing you'd be down for it. Midguy, feel like driving? I can chip in for gas if that's a decent bargain. I've driven to like the past 20 smash events, so I've gotten a bit tired of it.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I hear tell that some SC smashers are going to be there this time, so it could get interesting.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
i no i better see AL at Fast 1 this summer while yall goin to waba and stuff
I doubt FAST is an option for me. I'm already going to be out of town for about a week and a half right before FAST, and I don't think my employer would appreciate my asking for half a month off.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been here only a couple times, and from what I can tell, this thread has to do with completely random things.:)

So-I've a question for all of yall: Anyone know of any tournaments here in Alabama or within a 4 hour drive? Any weekly local tourneys at gamestop, play n trade, or anything? I can't seem to find any and I live in Huntsville(madison)
I'd like to prove I'm the best player in Alabama. :)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Amidst all the randomness there are usually weekly get togethers. Huntsville is fairly active compared to the rest of the state. Birmingham has only recently started picking up. Friday night/Saturday morning is usually when plans start to be made for Saturday, so mayble you'll get lucky and find someone to play tomorrow. Thursdays also seem popular in that area, so be on the look out.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
well...it's saturday tomorrow. I'm willing to go just about anywhere in northern AL to get some decent competition. Just post when, where, what time, and I'll see if I can come!

saintrage

Smash Cadet
We meed to smash tonight at moogles, i'll be there and i'm sure majist will be. I'll give moogle a call after get off work at 5 and see if he's willing to hot again.

DanGR if we smash tonight at moogles you'll probably only need a 20 minute drive at max to get there. Its like right in the middle of huntsvillle next to UAH. If you need directions just text me. i'll send you my number.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
It is likely I won't be at my apartment for most of today. >_< Maybe we could smash on Sunday?
i won't be available tonight either. Sunday might work. Maybe. If i am able to play with you guys, it won't be for long cuz i have to get up at 3am to be at work by 3:30. Yours truly just got promoted! I'm a supervisor now, wheeeeee!!

Alas, this also means that on weekdays, i'll have even less time to hang out with you guys than before. More responsibility and all that crap. Let's try to get many weekend smashfests going as we can.

If moogle is unable to host, ask Rob, me, or even Munkus. All three of us are available during the summer and i'm sure we'd all be willing to host every now and then.

@DanGR: There is a MELEE (not Brawl) tournament that is being held in Georgia that would probably take around 3-4 hours to drive on June 6-7. Even if you hate Melee you should go, because there're going to be so many ppl there (over 100) who are really really good, including PC Chris.

Here is teh link O.o

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Due to complications, I'm not gonna be up in town this weekend :O

But I will be there next weekend, Memorial day weekend.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
OOOOOOOO! Come to my tournament next Saturday! It's in Millbrook. I need many many more people! Anyone else interested?

Oh and cool Majist. I'll see you on wifi sometime.

I've been here only a couple times, and from what I can tell, this thread has to do with completely random things.:)

So-I've a question for all of yall: Anyone know of any tournaments here in Alabama or within a 4 hour drive? Any weekly local tourneys at gamestop, play n trade, or anything? I can't seem to find any and I live in Huntsville(madison)
I'd like to prove I'm the best player in Alabama. :)

j00t

Smash Champion
i won't be available tonight either. Sunday might work. Maybe. If i am able to play with you guys, it won't be for long cuz i have to get up at 3am to be at work by 3:30. Yours truly just got promoted! I'm a supervisor now, wheeeeee!!

Alas, this also means that on weekdays, i'll have even less time to hang out with you guys than before. More responsibility and all that crap. Let's try to get many weekend smashfests going as we can.

If moogle is unable to host, ask Rob, me, or even Munkus. All three of us are available during the summer and i'm sure we'd all be willing to host every now and then.

@DanGR: There is a MELEE (not Brawl) tournament that is being held in Georgia that would probably take around 3-4 hours to drive on June 6-7. Even if you hate Melee you should go, because there're going to be so many ppl there (over 100) who are really really good, including PC Chris.

Here is teh link O.o
Congrats on the promotion, Shannon. You deserve it since you work your butt off every time I see you, heheh.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
It is likely I won't be at my apartment for most of today. >_< Maybe we could smash on Sunday?
sorry i didn't check here before calling but i was still at work and wouldn't make it home before going to your place. I'm up for tomorrow after 7, anyone else coming? i nee to practice more for the tourny coming up.

Thats awesome Shannon, good to hear it ^^. You work early mornings, i work late nights lolz, i stayed at my store till 4:50 this morning finishing up cleaning for the Operations review today. And to give you an idea of how late that realy is, the openers come in at 4:00. lol i'm tired as hell. And stressed, but i'll be ok.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Shannon, so I take it Majist is a girl?

Also you guys who challenged me need to actually ADD me, tired of waiting on people to actually fight me.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Heh.
Shannon can be a boy's name too.

Double LoL because Majist has been making gay posts recently.

No one takes Brawl seriously and that makes it less fun and makes me unmotivated to try to get good. :-(

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I'd like to think I take it seriously.

I figured he was a boy, I just like to make sure. I've never heard Shannon used as a boys name.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I won a local tournament today; won some neat stuff, although they were very greedy about the prizes.

My copy of Brawl no longer works after that, though. >_>;

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Question: Is anyone planning on going to this?

I'm considering it, mostly because it's on the weekend of my birthday, so I'll have an excuse to travel! And I do plan on traveling. 3 spots in my car (4 if you want to be really, really cramped). It's probably thinking way far in advance, but anyone else interested?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Question: Is anyone planning on going to this?

I'm considering it, mostly because it's on the weekend of my birthday, so I'll have an excuse to travel! And I do plan on traveling. 3 spots in my car (4 if you want to be really, really cramped). It's probably thinking way far in advance, but anyone else interested?
I certainly am. My crew may be headed there as well, though, so I might already have a ride.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on the promotion, Shannon. You deserve it since you work your butt off every time I see you, heheh.
thanks man, that means a lot.
Shannon, so I take it Majist is a girl?

Also you guys who challenged me need to actually ADD me, tired of waiting on people to actually fight me.
i'm going to let that slide (again...) since you're new and all. don't worry, i get it all the time. I'm of Irish decent, and Shannon isn't that common a name. but when you think about it, how freaking awesome would it be if we had a female smasher as good as me in our group? i would so do myself-- er, her!! i mean...

ANYWAY, i have added you, and it seems every time i'm online, you're not, and then i leave for an hour or two and miss you.
Double LoL because Majist has been making gay posts recently.
if i could have J00t and Sensai alone in the room, oh the things that would happen.

what were we talking about??
I was trying to sleep last night you ****.

Or two nights ago.

****. It's 6 am.
i was calling you during the freaking daytime when you were supposed to have been home and the day after! you never called me that night, like you said you would. i was just trying to get in touch with you. i didn't call you past 10pm on friday. since when do you ever sleep at night, hmmm?

i found out from your mom that you had decided to stay in tuscaloosa, and that was at 3pm on Saturday. XP

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I map quest your city and if its not to far I'll come. I live in mobile, and when is your tourney.
double post cuz i completely missed this and it's REALLY important!!

DON'T USE MAPQUEST, IT SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!! Google Maps is way better. Just do it! (sexually)

god, that's fun. That asian's got nothing on me!!! lol, j/k, i <3 SleepyK

Top Bottom