• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
BTW, it was Vex's Bowser.
Him having Kai experience probably didn't help too much either. lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
BTW, it was Vex's Bowser.
That's what I assumed, lol

Him having Kai experience probably didn't help too much either. lol.[/COLOR][/FONT]
He's also played Malcolm and myself. Moreso Malcolm, I only played him once in Low Tiers :/ we went 1-2 so at least I beat him the first match >_> the rest were really close.

EDIT: Also, for the love of god, BAN BATTLEFIELD

Now we all know how much I love this stage, but thats like suicide...both the matches I lost were on that stage, lol. Bowser is so **** there.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's what I assumed, lol

He's also played Malcolm and myself. Moreso Malcolm, I only played him once in Low Tiers :/ we went 1-2 so at least I beat him the first match >_> the rest were really close.

EDIT: Also, for the love of god, BAN BATTLEFIELD

Now we all know how much I love this stage, but thats like suicide...both the matches I lost were on that stage, lol. Bowser is so **** there.

:093:
Like I said, I realized the mistake in CPing to Battlefield. In fact, right when the match on Battlefield started, I remembered telling him:

"In retrospect this was a TERRIBLE counterpick."

But whatever. I'm gonna win next time, if ever a next time shows itself. That is a fact.

PS: Oh, and the internet at my house is currently not working, which is why I haven't made any posts after 5PM Central since Sunday. I'll be updating the thread the moment I get the connection back up.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I've never played Vex in singles...only 1 time in low tier doubles =(

Kai has played him multiple times tho i believe.

Good matches tho espy...idk if the first 2 werent recorded or if i missed them but they were fun to watch.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey Espy, did you fight Dekar at Hobo, by chance?
In SA, we played a friendly crew battle and he beat me by one stock. It was hilarious, I was getting ready to three stock him, and he comes back and beats me. :p
We then played in several friendlies, and I won those. Dekar's pretty fun to play.
Our sandbagging abilities are too good.

Good matches tho espy...idk if the first 2 werent recorded or if i missed them but they were fun to watch.
Both, Malcolm. They were streamed, and they weren't recorded.
I still don't feel like I played at my best though.

Espy...you looked like you wanted to go all out vs Vex. Thats the most aggro i have ever saw you.

Man, i need to get OoS.
That's exactly the problem. I went too aggro.

=========

EDIT: I added in the tournaments that have been posted, and updated in the next HOBO tournament I will be most likely attending.

HOBO 20
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123
Date: November 7th, 2009
Sonic mains attending event:
- Espy (?)

And that's that for now. Any other fixes that could be used for the first two posts? I want this thread to look and function well, and I need input to do so. :D

Browny

Smash Hater
:/

last tourney was lowest tournout ever only 8 people its not even worth recording here lol.

Least I got some interesting Sonic matches in for the grand final set 1... none were taped. lost to my brothers mk wario (barely) and wolf and beat his kirby... he was picking a new character for every single match lol. I was hoping for a rematch of Sonic vs Snake but he just didnt want to use it against my Sonic :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i played sliq before, bowser takes up a lot of space and makes it hard to manuver but sonic is still capable of running circles around him imo.

but then again, its been a long while

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Vegassmash Gameworld weekly #16
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7600
October 11th, 2009
Out of 14:
7th - Kinzer (Sonic)

Well, can't say I'm exactly happy or proud of it, but at least some good came out of it.

I'm a bit ashamed though, Zr0 beat me in a Sonic ditto... in a tourney match... and he doesn't even use Sonic (anymore).

I dunno, maybe I got caught off-gaurd by the fact that with the exception of _X_, nobody else has yet to beat me in a Sonic ditto, let alone challenge me outside friendlies. Hopefully I can make up for that.

Tails wasn't there, but my doubles results are no different from how they usually are.

I'd say I got a hard bracket. Mi's a Snake player, a good one at that. Came down to 1 stock both matches, but I just couldn't beat him. Oh well, maybe next time, I think that's the first time I've played him, honestly. I wish I could've beaten him, I got hyped up by spectators, but failed to do so. Not a big deal though, Mi is power-ranked.

Oh mang, I beat HebrewHammer for the first time. Why did he not use MK this time? I'm not sure if he was better off, or if it was his downfall, but he decided to use G&W. The only reason I can beat this obnoxious character at all is because unlike Lucario, his killpower is static and his killmoves are so easily foreseen. Not to say Lucario's kills aren't, but add the fact that G&W is still light even with Bucket-Braking, and even though I'd rather not play G&W, I can still win if I want to. I also love how easy it is to SDI the Bair, everytime I got caught in it I could punish him with something. Learning to shield everything helps too, like Keyblade Dairs.

There was no room for Homing Attack in those matches outside recovery, I learned from Espy's mistakes. :)

Uhm... yeah, that's about it for that matchup.

Got lucky with Vicko, he kept blowing himself up and suiciding... wish he wouldn't have done so because he must've got a bit angry about that, but a win's a win though.

I'm done.

4nace

Smash Ace
Haha sucks that you lost that Sonic ditto Kinzer. I usually switch to Falco or someone against other Sonic's since I know the character's weaknesses by now and for some reason every bad/decent Sonic aerial spin charges into Falco's Up smash haha.

But I'm terrible at Sonic dittos for some reason or another so I understand =P

7/14 is good though. Claiming equal skill level for all players its a little higher than a Sonic should be haha =)

4nace

Smash Ace
Eww those were winner's finals? Not really an impressive first match. I'd have to watch the others. But that Metaknight was pretty bad. MK doesn't have to shield SDRs at all, he can just shuttle loop every single one haha, that Metaknight must not play against many sonics.

But _X_ looked pretty good. It seems he is really lagging behind ESPY and Shugo nowadays =(

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Eww those were winner's finals? Not really an impressive first match. I'd have to watch the others. But that Metaknight was pretty bad. MK doesn't have to shield SDRs at all, he can just shuttle loop every single one haha, that Metaknight must not play against many sonics.

But _X_ looked pretty good. It seems he is really lagging behind ESPY and Shugo nowadays =(
That metaknight rode an easy bracket. It was stupid. Almost all of Utah was on one side of the bracket. And then Kenny... god that guy sucks without warm up. We had just come from being ****ed over by wyoming for 13 hours. And first thing we have to do is tourney matches. Yeah, thats AWESOME. :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@ Sinz: Did no one bother to seed the bracket effectively?

===

Thread updated.

4nace

Smash Ace
Haha gotcha. Well I mean it was really well played by _X_ but its sad that the winner's finals weren't of higher caliber aww well.

And don't get me wrong X is still amazing it just looks like of recently ESPY and Shugo have pulled past him quite a bit =P

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
That metaknight rode an easy bracket. It was stupid. Almost all of Utah was on one side of the bracket. And then Kenny... god that guy sucks without warm up. We had just come from being ****ed over by wyoming for 13 hours. And first thing we have to do is tourney matches. Yeah, thats AWESOME. :/
LOL that was so gay. It was literally my second match after driving for eight hours, being stuck in a truck stop for 13 not being able to sleep, then driving 4 more hours to the tourney. Too bad he didn't want Loser's finals recorded where I 3-0'd him with a couple two stocks. He really did have the easiest bracket.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
@Espy- no they didn't very well. At all. :/ We even talked to them, and then they randomized it without seeding. :/

And don't get me wrong, Ken Neth is an AMAZING Snake. He is just extremely technical, and doesn't do good with out warm up.

___X___

Smash Lord
Is true Is true, i suck now..... Well not really suck, but not as good as other sonic mains. BAHHHH. :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

4nace

Smash Ace
Haha X youre still amazing! Just get back into the tourney scene and you'll be up with the big dogs again. I loved watching your old stuff back last winter. Made me learn how awesome an aggressive Sonic can be.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Takes quite a while to get where you want to be, especially when you play Sonic. Hell, I wonder if it is at all possible... but I digress...

At least you're out-placing half the entrants, like I used to (and still...) do.

As long as you are improving is what matters, not necessarily the placing you get.

...I'm going to another tourney tomorrow. I'll see how I do...

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Takes quite a while to get where you want to be, especially when you play Sonic. Hell, I wonder if it is at all possible... but I digress...

At least you're out-placing half the entrants, like I used to (and still...) do.

As long as you are improving is what matters, not necessarily the placing you get.

...I'm going to another tourney tomorrow. I'll see how I do...
You got this!

Top Bottom