• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
running my own tourney this weekend malcolm, and I plan to place higher than you and make more money with what im assuming is a much lower entry fee.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol, you know people don't have any real game when they try to prove themselves on smashboards >_>

<3 youz guize

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol, you know people don't have any real game when they try to prove themselves on smashboards >_>

<3 youz guize

hey, at least I prove myself in person too... when was the last time you went to a tourney son?
fixed. ?_? And Malcolm auto-*****.

KID, gl with all that.

wtf is jackie craft?

btw, Cammy just owned 3/4's of the Sonic boards. :sonic:

1. malcolm = garbs yo. fact.

2. im gonna be in top form for this one.

3. Jackie is Kid Craft's sister, she is fine as hell, I got a picture of her, on my facebook from when I met her at SNES

4. I repayed the favor

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Ewwwww so rude.

Yo KID how did you do @ SNES when you got that photo? What place did y--Oh wait you never got out of pools.

Oh bout how about APEX where u ***** tha---Oh wait you never got out of pools.

Just stay in Garbschester NY and keep losing to ike.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
***** you of all people should know that girls>smash.

Im still the best MK in new york since I beat *****s that shadow loses to.

Speaking of shadow, I heard snakeee is going to start coming to WNY tourneys soon, so hes about to start getting the **** too.

and as for the ike comment, you can stay laughin, im bringin that ***** to crank dat in nov. and when we start handlin people, youll keep yo mouth shut

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
hey, at least I prove myself in person too... when was the last time you went to a tourney son?
well i wasn't referring to smash game, lol

however I do plan on getting back in that scene soon. all my tourney plans are for november though. I'll hopefully go from being inactive to super sonic.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't you mean Haunter Sonic?

Or can you not use any hax at your planned tourneys?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
oh, i just chose to say "inactive to super sonic" as opposed to saying "inactive to really active". that would've sounded lame.

however haunter sonic is ballin'

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
that defiantly isn't me. I don't care what you say on that one because i remember if i get ***** by anyone. There were about 5 Sonics at that tourney. I remember you asking me to play and I said I didn't feel like it. It was right after my tourney match vs the Peach called "Light". Then i watched you play Kuraudo later that day on the TV sets to the left when you just entered the venue. I remember it clear as day. Only Snake I played was Superboom and he was givin it to me. I took a few matches off but he won the majority. But we didn't play once that whole tourney. But if you insist on playing, come to Pound and we'll see whats good.
Yeah there were a lot of sonics at that tourney, and I fought them all except for malcolm. I MM'd Kurado like right before we played. IIRC, you were the black guy hanging out with malcolm who bought a (green?) chaos emerald, and that chaos emerald was the reason you didn't have any money to MM, hence the "serious friendlies" we ended up doing instead.

That peach "Light" is a **** peach from AZ. How'd you do against him?

And I won't be at pound 4 due to me leaving on a two year LDS mission next month...

Unless there was another sonic there that people called shado? Which I doubt >_>
I don't remember complaining about Snake on Battlefield. Even if Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, and Halberd are just Snakeland ahoy. Lmao

Though if I did play you, you probably did own me some. Hahah. And I remember that Diddy! XD We all took our turns trying to beat him, and I spring gimped him on FD. LOL

Ahhh, Genesis...those were some good times. I'll think about travelling to play you guys again sometime. Once I've gotten the rust off and play more. ♥
IIRC, you were the white guy with glasses, right? We MM'd on the TV to the left right as you walk into the venue, like shado said lol. Genesis was seriously the best. I had so much fun playing everyone there.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Omen's Oath
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7354
October 24th, 2009
Out of 7:
2nd - Kinzer (Sonic)
7th - Tails (Sonic)

Lady luck was not kind to Tails. He had to go up against me first, and while the set was close, he kept killing himself, which costed him too much to have much chance of beating me. He's made a big improvement, if he can just stop rolling back, killing himself, and have better control of items (lost to a Diddy shortly after), he'll do just fine. Before any of you ask, yes, we were the TOs, and we could've seeded to prevent it, but we had to seed the bracket to the way it was just because.

Now as for me. I can't help but feel I don't deserve this second. I had only 7 people sign up for singles, even though I had 8 people (one person didn't have too much money). Even though everyone except Vidpower had a chance of giving me a run for my money, only Peapo and Trendsetter really had a better chance than everybody else.

I got d*** lucky with fighting Peapo this time, he didn't pull out no stupid bob-ombs or stitch-faced Turnips (and thank God I had no-tripping on). You'll see the replays when Tails gets them uploaded, I saved all my matches, wins and losses. Oh man, I can already foresee how badly we must've played each other, just spamming and hope something lands. The Peach/Sonic MU is so silly~.

Now Trendesetter... meh, I'm working on the Meta Knight MU I suppose. I saved all of those replays too, so maybe I'll be able to get some help. I already know I need to work more on mindgames. Sheesh~

I wonder how good I would've done if I had more people enter my tourney, but I suppose it's all good. I got 4th in a VS tourney with only 8 people, so maybe there's some kind of thing going on with that, I dunno. Maybe I'm getting better...?

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :p XD

Trent

Smash Champion
NO KOAST v2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253350
October 24th, 2009
Out of 60(?)
49th - Trent

For the # of Attendees, there were over 100 (Not sure on total) And only 60 made it out of pools. I really didn't care how badly I placed since I was just happy to make it out of pools. Plus the total of 3 SD's during my tourney matches screwed me over, **** nervousness.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im honestly upset at myself for taking longer than 3 seconds to figure out what LDS meant, knowing that you live in Utah

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I like it.

Also, I won my local doubles... Even if the top TOP Vegas pros didn't enter... hehe. They were all out to Tourneyplay or whatever. I think I made $12 or something, along with OmegaXF. If any of you are from Michigan, you may know him as a really great Marth Player.

My singles performance wasn't as stellar, but whatever. I'm not mad in the least bit :)

I'd like to prove it, but the bracket isn't up on AiB yet. :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated the thread.

Remember, this is now not only just for tournament results. Please post up any tournaments you will most likely be attending as well if possible.

My next tournament is, as it says on the first page, HOBO20. Methinks I'll do much better this time around.

Keep results and upcoming tournaments up, n' stuff.

Trent

Smash Champion
I'm attending Redemption on the 14th in Des Moines, Iowa. Probably just going to be a local tourney with a couple OoS players (Like me) though.

By the way if you wanted to edit it Espy, NO KOAST v2 had 104 entrants.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yeah, results are in:

Vegasmash weekly #18
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7746
October 25th, 2009
Out of 13th:
Kinzer (Sonic)

I sucked epically in Singles, getting 9th out of 13th. Such upsets, like Vic & Teresa getting 4th and 5th respectively... but looking at the bracket... it's questionable... God I hope he doesn't check this thread, I'm just trying to keep it real.

I need help with the Falco MU, seriously.

I still get ***** by Mi, but at least I took him to the third game. I don't think I've done that ever before. I also need to remember to challenge him for port 4.

Doubles was so legit though, if OmegaXF gets the 4 videos we managed to record up and running, I'll be sure to show them to all of you.

Espy, are you taking in dubz results or nah?

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Falco MU is something I really need to master since I've got several falcos plus Kismet down here.

Ah what the hell, I need to study all my MUs, especially tiers S-C (luigi and peach)

I should also try dubz during my next tourney too, perhaps I can try asking Umby if he wouldn't mind doing a Sonic/Marth team. Surely it'd be better than his Marth/Ness team this weekend lol.

And speaking of next tourney, my next two are probably going to be a WABA weekly on Nov. 7th and then the November monthly on the 21st.

Umby

Smash Master
Yeah, the Falco MU is something I really need to master since I've got several falcos plus Kismet down here.

Ah what the hell, I need to study all my MUs, especially tiers S-C (luigi and peach)

I should also try dubz during my next tourney too, perhaps I can try asking Umby if he wouldn't mind doing a Sonic/Marth team. Surely it'd be better than his Marth/Ness team this weekend lol.

And speaking of next tourney, my next two are probably going to be a WABA weekly on Nov. 7th and then the November monthly on the 21st.
Not that I wouldn't mind teaming with you, but Shaky's Ness > You.

Besides, depending on who we fight, it might actually be Sonic/Ness in some cases. *sigh*

But yeah, if I make it to the next monthly, I wouldn't mind teaming.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Oh i'm sure Shaky's Ness > me lol. I'm not really what anybody would say "good". I just enjoy playing offline with other people who are good.

I just gotta make sure I have enough money to enter dubz.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This Saturday, I'm entering a local tourney. The only downside is that the rules aren't 1v1, but instead "free for all".

Yeah... terrible, I know... I just wanted to ask you guys your opinions and if there are any tips you could give me.

I usually fair pretty well with Sonic in FFAs, but this is a tourney, after all. (Last time I lost by coming out 2nd in the first match, when I used my alternate main, ROB. This time, I'm using Sonic, so maybe I'll do much better with him in FFA)

Umby

Smash Master
This Saturday, I'm entering a local tourney. The only downside is that the rules aren't 1v1, but instead "free for all".

Yeah... terrible, I know... I just wanted to ask you guys your opinions and if there are any tips you could give me.

I usually fair pretty well with Sonic in FFAs, but this is a tourney, after all. (Last time I lost by coming out 2nd in the first match, when I used my alternate main, ROB. This time, I'm using Sonic, so maybe I'll do much better with him in FFA)
Just plank or Homing Stall if you use Sonic.

Or use Snake and camp.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is the FFA on Stock or on time?

There's a major difference in which strategy is best in stock or time.

Ryne

Smash Cadet
I wish there were more tournaments in and around the Atlanta area. That would be a great help for me due to the fact I cannot travel out of state due to school

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Is the FFA on Stock or on time?

There's a major difference in which strategy is best in stock or time.
There's no time limit. At the moment, my best strategy is play evasive and defense. Rack up damage every now and then, and leave the killer blows to the other players, so I save my best hits for later.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
jesus christ man, how many times do I have to tell you.

I could make your tourneys if you could give me like 3 weeks worth of prior notice. GDI

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Today I played in the tournament. I chose to stick to Sonic, I figured any sane Sonic user would at least give him a chance in tourneys, right?

Anyway, I played free for all against Mr.G&W, Pikachu, and Lucas.
Not going to bore you with details:

I played evasive, lots of Side-B's to rack up damage while keeping myself safe.
It came down to Mr.G&W vs. me (Sonic). I must say I had a very hard time KOing him. I managed to rack up damage quickly, but KOing him wasn't easy. Eventually I got him with an Up-Grab (no follow up Uair needed).

Second match I played vs Falco, Pikachu, and Bowser. Danced around Falco, trying to use the same strategy as before (being evasive), but unfortunately, too much dancing around caused me to be KO'd at low percentages by a Pikachu's Down+B. I did manage to survive long enough to be in 1on1 against Pika, after KOing Falco with a Dsmash. My percentage was really high, and I managed to rack up damage on Pika, but I was finally KO'd by UpSmash I believe.

Either way, I've classified for the semi-finals. These matches were played on an IMAX THEATER. :O It was really awesome, everyone clapping at all of those matches for being amazing <3.

Man I'm so happy.. Qualifying or not, I had a great time. And I didn't even practice half as much as I did last time where I lost miserably with ROB. (To another Pikachu, no less).

Oh well, that's it for now. My next match is on November 23rd-25th. I know my strategy is kinda shameful... but I just want to bring the fight down to a 1-1 where I consider it fair. X_x

Top Bottom