• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'll be at Hobo so I can **** Espy in a $__ MM, then I'll be at No Koast to **** any other Sonics that want to $__ MM.

Please be as good as X. He was badass, and very fun to play against, all due to his sexy style :)

Espy- I'm coming for YOU in the low-tier tourney coming up this next weekend! ;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For next time, the format should be as follows.

--

Arizona Grand Challenge
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249580
September 21
Out of 50
3rd -X (Sonic)

--

:093:
Thank you (thanks to Golden for the link, as well). I'll put these up later today.

I'll be at Hobo so I can **** Espy in a $__ MM, then I'll be at No Koast to **** any other Sonics that want to $__ MM.

Please be as good as X. He was badass, and very fun to play against, all due to his sexy style :)

Espy- I'm coming for YOU in the low-tier tourney coming up this next weekend! ;)
1. I don't money match often. I'm stingy with my money. You'll have to MM me a low amount to convince me otherwise.
2. You'll beat me, I'm horrible.
3. Sonic isn't low tier.

Besides, beating me won't change my opinion on anything. I hope you know this.

Sonic isnt low tier.

Espy plays j puff in lowtiers.
I don't play low tiers anymore, actually.
I am, however, reconsidering. I'm getting pretty decent with Samus. That, and I'm gonna have Xyro teach me some Samus shenanigans.

=====

Oh, and this:

Steakfest!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8483808
September 26th
Out of 25
5th - Espy (Sonic)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
between mass, Ct, Pa, NYC, NJ, and possibly canada, theres like 6-7 tourneys I want to go to in the month of november, I expect to meet up with cam again at least once, along with Ace, maybe memphis, and malcolm

when I talk to neil and we finalise on what we want to go to, ill let you know. Also, if there are any tourneys yall would like to suggest to me to attend, let me know here

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
between mass, Ct, Pa, NYC, NJ, and possibly canada, theres like 6-7 tourneys I want to go to in the month of november, I expect to meet up with cam again at least once, along with Ace, maybe memphis, and malcolm
Yeah, November is going to be nuts. Right now these are the only two I've really been looking at.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248248
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244626

What's on everyone else's agenda within the tri-state/surrounding areas?

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman

when I talk to neil and we finalise on what we want to go to, ill let you know. Also, if there are any tourneys yall would like to suggest to me to attend, let me know here
Im waiting for some tourney action myself. I wanna know aboout some tournies here in NYC or NJ as well. Im plannin to go to some PA tournies as well.

Lada

Smash Apprentice
X here! im using my brothers account bahahah, anyways just wanted to stop by and say i love dekar and his nintendo shirt.

Oh and that HES GONNA **** ALL YOU SAWNIKS BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BECAUSE HE FOUGHT ME! THE BEST SONIC! BAHAH!! (just kidding im not even good)

but ummm yeah just wanted to stop by and say hi :)

I thought it was soo funny how twinkle toes got banned along with half of utah hahahah oh boy i love utah.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
First posts updated, and I gave the thread a new name, obviously. Still subject to change, as well as the range before getting a "significant placing".

Also added an Upcoming Tournaments section in the first post. Also added Pound 4 because I'm sure that at least one person from here will be attending that.

Keep them coming in.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Please Follow the Format

Yellow titles is a Basic Tournament Ruleset
Red title is a Meta Knight Banned Tournament Ruleset
Cyan NAMES are players with a significant placing. Significant placings are as follows:
*16 entrants: Top 3
*17-32 entrants: Top 5
*33-64 entrants: Top 8
*64-nth entrants: Top 10
Vegassmash Gameworld Weekly #9
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7107
August 17th
Out of 18
7th - Kinzer (Sonic)
13th - Tails (Sonic)
This can't be right Espy.

At least not by strictly following the format.

...D***, looking back, I've had so many 17th placings... Just saying.

Vegassmash weekly #14.
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7487
September 27th, 2009
Out of 8(...)
4th - Kinzer (Sonic)

Yay I break even as usual (I see!)... But I wonder if even following the format will this be uploaded due to the very low turnout this one had.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I upload most, if not all tournaments submitted. The gas mileage may vary from person to person upon seeing the results. This thread just chronicles the results.

And thanks for spotting that error, I'll fix it right away.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Who the Hell wins money?

I know you have me on your ignore like a @#$%^ boss, but since people will think that KID wins money, let me rephrase that.

Who the Hell wins money WITH GOING SONIC THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME?!

___X___

Smash Lord
Who the Hell wins money WITH GOING SONIC THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME?!
I do :) went all sonic at the AZ OOS tournament and got third wooo hoooo

ANYWAYS IM BACK IN THE GAME! finally got unbanned from that funny fight we had a few pages back hahahahah

___X___

Smash Lord
Just because kinzer is an awful player and uses sonic, doesnt mean that every sonic player is awful
hey! DA D.I.K! kinzer is gooooooooooooooooood!!! he's sooo good that he used ike against me in a MM, and then he was owning me soooo bad that he killed himself just to get even with me, i felt like a scrub :(

X EDIT: hopefully you were just kidding about kinzer, because he really isn't bad, and saying things like that is JUST RUDE (~-_-)~

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Just because kinzer is an awful player and uses sonic, doesnt mean that every sonic player is awful
Lol screw off douchebag.

Being skilled or awful doesn't determine how much Sonic players win from tourneys (hint, none, or a very little, if you're X I guess that's an exception). Edit: In fact You can still be awful and win money because your region is terrible and sucks worse than you do.

Thank God I don't have to put up with your buffoonery anymore, I don't have to go into detail how much a ******* you are.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

False.

SM5 is horrible. Everyone else is legit
fixed. but either way, there are alot of Sonics going to Pound 4. I'll make sure to friendly/play some of the bigger names...

@Umby
your avatars and sigs are alluring... <3

@shugo
Falco? Well, if its something you want to do, go for it...but just make sure its a choice you really want to make. IMO, you should still use Sonic, i mean come on. You are one of the top Sonic mains. :ohwell:

@Kinzer
o.o rage? but dont worry about it Kinzer. The only thing i can say is practice your worst MU's. See what is making you lose. Spring>dair into someones attack? too much SD or SC? Not using the right attacks to punish? not utilizing tilts? its a bunch of things that it could be. But dont let it get you down. You are freaking Kinzer, and the Kinzer i know doesnt give up. :bee:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
You never made a claim based on my level of skill, so you're actually neutral, as my "you're all wrong" referred to the claims of me being horrible. My mistake for not elaborating.

:mad:
you got me

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You never made a claim based on my level of skill, so you're actually neutral, as my "you're all wrong" referred to the claims of me being horrible. My mistake for not elaborating.

:mad:
you got me
I still love you.
Teach me Zamus. <3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
@Kinzer
o.o rage? but dont worry about it Kinzer. The only thing i can say is practice your worst MU's. See what is making you lose. Spring>dair into someones attack? too much SD or SC? Not using the right attacks to punish? not utilizing tilts? its a bunch of things that it could be. But dont let it get you down. You are freaking Kinzer, and the Kinzer i know doesnt give up. :bee:
Right.

I've been getting better at that as of recently actually.

I've looked into punishing Peach's floating Dair OoS for example, turns out if they don't retreat, UTilt is fine, but I keep messing up by USmashing.

If they do retreat, you're probably better off with Fair (or just not trying to punish, I dunno).

Shielding the whole attack is hard though, since the shield hitlag is deceptively long.

_X_, you still here brah?

Thanks for backing me up, but you shouldn't judge me from a silly MM we had back in Febuary, I was such a scrub scrub scrub scrubby newbster. The only reason I suicided was because I had "honor", I didn't do it to make you feel humiliated. I wasn't going to prey on my fellow Steak mains back then, and I still won't to this day (not as much though, keep reading).

Now however, if we do get a chance to meet again, I promise you that my Sonic has gotten oh so much better since then, and that I can give you a real money match.

In fact...

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7354

If you can come to this, I can talk to my mom about housing you that Friday night, and Saturday too if you still need to be in town longer for whatever reason. I don't think I'll meet much opposition, since it will be my birfday (sort of). I'll even pay for your singles entry fee and doubles if you decide to come and team up with me too. :)

...Just, if you do come, don't get sent to jail again. @.@

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Trying to punish Peach's Dair usually leads to eating another Dair >.>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Then is the Peach player just being too slow to do another aerial if I can actually punish them OoS?

___X___

Smash Lord
Right.

I've been getting better at that as of recently actually.

I've looked into punishing Peach's floating Dair OoS for example, turns out if they don't retreat, UTilt is fine, but I keep messing up by USmashing.

If they do retreat, you're probably better off with Fair (or just not trying to punish, I dunno).

Shielding the whole attack is hard though, since the shield hitlag is deceptively long.

_X_, you still here brah?

Thanks for backing me up, but you shouldn't judge me from a silly MM we had back in Febuary, I was such a scrub scrub scrub scrubby newbster. The only reason I suicided was because I had "honor", I didn't do it to make you feel humiliated. I wasn't going to prey on my fellow Steak mains back then, and I still won't to this day (not as much though, keep reading).

Now however, if we do get a chance to meet again, I promise you that my Sonic has gotten oh so much better since then, and that I can give you a real money match.

In fact...

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7354

If you can come to this, I can talk to my mom about housing you that Friday night, and Saturday too if you still need to be in town longer for whatever reason. I don't think I'll meet much opposition, since it will be my birfday (sort of). I'll even pay for your singles entry fee and doubles if you decide to come and team up with me too. :)

...Just, if you do come, don't get sent to jail again. @.@

Hahah that sounds awesome! and yeah anytime! ill do anything for my sonic friends! and especially you! since your like the coolest one ive met!!
anyways ill try my best to make it, that would be awesome if you housed me!

and haha, you better show me a thing or two with your sonic, because my sonic has gained sooo much experience since the last time we met. my sonic actually had his balls drop the other day, so expect to hear a lot of happy clapping when im beating yo down!!!

but yeah lets keep in contact a lot more kay?
im gonna try to go over to CO in october and show them how a REAL sonic mainer plays! anyways im off to live my normal life, take care everyone!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Trying to punish Peach's Dair usually leads to eating another Dair >.>

most good peachs dont double dair on shields anymore, sonic can up tilt out of shield,

most peachs nair, if you shield their dair, because the time to punish that is almost non-existant. or they will bait you to attack and punish with a retreating fair

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well I don't have enough Peach experience.

I just know she's a *****.

Top Bottom