• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

___X___

Smash Lord
LOL@ Kinzer suiciding on purpose in his MM vs X. That made me laugh :laugh: You would have had him if you hadn't done that ;)
He really would have owned me if he didn't feel sorry for my scrubby ah.

KINZER - too much honor for his own good?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You could say that, X.

However, time's have changed, and I certainly won't hold back the next time we meet (if we meet). I Won't need to hold back either, for many reasons I don't have to list 'cause that would just bore you. :)

Anyway yes, let's keep in touch to do us both a favor if you really are considering coming over to Vegas and having me house you.

As laid back my mom is, I can't just tell her that I'm going to be housing (to her) some random stranger I've only met over the internet without any notice; My dad is worse but nothing I can't handle as long as I have Mother's approval. I'm sure you know that you'll have to bring some things yourself, like sleeping bags/toothbrushes/extra pairs of cloths/etc., but I'll need you to do that and be as polite/respectable as you can. It will certainly help leave a good impression if you can do that, otherwise I can get the rest taken care of.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
:( I'm sorry Malcolm, I'm too much of a boring guy who now that Summer time has passed, got a lot of schoolwork.

If we're still using the same Xat, I'll make an effort to be on tomorrow (or technically, later today). Of course I'll be behind on what's new, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Trent, do eet. Make sure to revise everything and practice your bad match-ups. You got this.

@Kinzer
schoolwork sucks. its just there to make life say "o hai. you didnt complete me yet. im just going to stay here and tell the teacher on you." Thats why i do all my homework at school.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ohai der, I dien't no mah teunry wuz +'d 2 da OP.

...With all due seriousness, if it is Espy, could you do the honors of adding "Tails" to that roster?

_X_, where you @? the more time we can have to discuss some terms and all that junk, the more easier it will be for me to convince my parents to let you stay. :<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
:<

It is.

...Ah well, you have fun X, it's not too big of a deal, it's just a small tourney anyway.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't know what tourney you're talking about, look at the ones on the OP on the 24th of October.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Just wanted to confirm that I am attending Battle Royale II.

Also a lot of the results for Malcolm in the OP are spelled "Malcom"...lol, something you might wanna fix :3

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So the first 2 post are now epic win.

they do need some touching up. theres one or two tourneys that malcolm and ITT won that werent in blue. its a huge post so i understand the small over sights.

also, for the tourney listing on the first post it would be super beneficial for the listed tourneys to have their general locations listed.
tristate (NY,NJ, PA)
tx
NE (New England)
AS (Atlantic south. FL, GA...)
East canada
West canada
SoCal
NorCal

things like that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just wanted to confirm that I am attending Battle Royale II.

Also a lot of the results for Malcolm in the OP are spelled "Malcom"...lol, something you might wanna fix :3

That's how they were posted in their respective tournament threads. I'll see what I can do about it later today. It shouldn't take too long.

So the first 2 post are now epic win.

they do need some touching up. theres one or two tourneys that malcolm and ITT won that werent in blue. its a huge post so i understand the small over sights.

also, for the tourney listing on the first post it would be super beneficial for the listed tourneys to have their general locations listed.
tristate (NY,NJ, PA)
tx
NE (New England)
AS (Atlantic south. FL, GA...)
East canada
West canada
SoCal
NorCal

things like that.
I'll check up on the those tournaments right away. However KID, be aware of the CYAN post requirements. The tournament MUST have 16+ players for the name to be colored cyan. It's only assumed, but I'll clarify it later.

I'll also be sweeping through the posts to check out what names I may have missed in my highlighting.

I was also going to do that locale idea, but just didn't at the time since I had the links to the threads which contained the location information. However, it seems more convenient to place the location. I'll do so as soon as possible.

=====

Last bit of information. I let myself down pretty hard this weekend. Got ***** in singles (33rd place), and just played outright BAD throughout the tournament. I'll put results up when I fix up the first two posts.

That, and I need to convince people that Bowser doesn't go any worse than 50:50 with Sonic. It's impossible.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, that was kinda funny. The crowd went crazy.

Here are my craptastic results:

HOBO 19
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250929
October 3rd
Out of 71:
33rd - Espy (Sonic)

Worse placing I've ever had. It's humiliating.

EDIT: I fixed all of the typos for Malcolm's name, and I checked the results that KID brought up. None of their results with those first place wins had the required number of entries at minimum which would warrant a cyan name.

I also edited the first post and slapped the upcoming tournaments in their proper regions. If I have made a misteak with one or two states and put them in the incorrect regions, please let me know.

infomon

Smash Scientist
That, and I need to convince people that Bowser doesn't go any worse than 50:50 with Sonic. It's impossible.
You might well be right, but it looked like you was gettin wrecked pretty bad by a lot of matchup inexperience. Like, even I knew what he was gonna do before it smacked you in the face. Maybe that's because he simply has good options against us in most situations, ie. he has the advantage.... but I'm not yet convinced. I think you were simply approaching in predictable ways for which Bowser had good responses.

oh well, <3 espizzlez

:054:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You might well be right, but it looked like you was gettin wrecked pretty bad by a lot of matchup inexperience. Like, even I knew what he was gonna do before it smacked you in the face. Maybe that's because he simply has good options against us in most situations, ie. he has the advantage.... but I'm not yet convinced. I think you were simply approaching in predictable ways for which Bowser had good responses.

oh well, <3 espizzlez

:054:
The only thing I was really getting dumbfounded about was the ridiculous range he had on several moves. Bair, fair (hitting behind him...), and sideB.

I do know a fair amount about Bowser, and his sideB's range and speed just makes it incredibly difficult to approach any other way without risking a sideB setup into an aerial.

That, and Bowsercides are lame.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

The only thing I was really getting dumbfounded about was the ridiculous range he had on several moves. Bair, fair (hitting behind him...), and sideB.

I do know a fair amount about Bowser, and his sideB's range and speed just makes it incredibly difficult to approach any other way without risking a sideB setup into an aerial.

That, and Bowsercides are lame.
I'm with Infzy on this... if you weren't on a bad day like you said you were, I honestly believe you could've won that MM.

Still, it's done and over with, so nothing can be changed and no johns, but you were doing a lot of things that you normally don't do. You even just outright got read. I'd nitpick specific examples from the videos, but I think you know as well as I do that you were doing an unusual amount of FSmash.

At least the video taught me to NEVER underestimate a Bowser worth his salt. Such a shame that there are literally less than 5 of those in the U.S.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Espy must've played Vex.

Side B and OoS UpB is mad gay vs Sonic >_>
I agree that it's about 50:50.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, look at Eggman.

Sonic is just destined to be rivals with fatties.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's very true. Eggman's got no game.

...GET A LOAD OF THIS

Umby

Smash Master
That's very true. Eggman's got no game.

...GET A LOAD OF THIS

Tails: Have you ever even thought of why Amy wants to go out on a date with you?

Eggman: Because I laid my game down quite flat.

Sonic: Game? What you know about the game, Eggman? You takin her out to Red Lobster wit da chedda biscuits! The Knothole ain't eatin chedda biscuits, but this random hedgehog is eatin chedda biscuits!

Eggman: Hey, I know the game!

Sonic: Game recognize game, Eggman!

Eggman: Eggman recognize game! Eggman recognize game!

Sonic: Game recognize game, and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now! What's......where's Eggman? Can I help, you sir?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Why you little...!!

xD

So yeah. Tournaments. I'm going to some soon. How about you guys? Sonic is now ranked 16th on the Character Rankings List, let's keep it there.

Top Bottom