• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

That statement is false.

You don't play against Sonic. You either gay or destroy Sonic.
truth, when you fight sonic, you get 2 stocked like chudat, when he fought speed.
I agree with Espy.

Tristate area has Malcolm, Kai, Blue, myself, and plenty more Sonics who attend regional and national tournaments. Heck, the whole EC is filled with blue blurs like Speed and Shado. Not to mention Espy and Mr.3k in Texas and Shugo and ITT in the midwest we got ourselves a pretty good mixup here.

:093:
:(:(:(:(:(
suck a **** guy...
and than you say you arent trying to make a list of all the good sonics... if you are talking about EC sonics, thats EXACTLY what youre doing...
I'm hearing my name a lot! woooo hooo hahaha.

boy people are arguing whether im good or not... ask sk92 or dekar nyak nyak hahah just joking but hopefully i can get up to more Oos tournaments and show you guys whats up IRL

:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
ugh... can i report this for spam or something? it burns my eyes..
Oh, I believe you're good X, lol. I just want to see you travel OoS more just to see HOW good you really are :o

qft.
I is ssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ****in bad.

Well, from what I hear, getting drunk and playing Brawl is not as enjoyable as drunk Melee, so I'm assuming people get high to fill in the gap?
thats what it looks like...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So you played Shugo and Kai?
Shugo wasn't at Genesis. If Kai was there and was with the whole group of sonic mains most of the time, then yeah I fought him. Talking to the sonics I fought, I'm pretty sure they said they were all there, except for malcolm who was in a bracket match. And I fought them all.
Oh, I thought he said SNES...

@ espy, Shugo and I weren't at Geneis. Shugo 3-stocked him in the 1 match they played at snes. I played him in like 10 matches and I think he won like 6 of em. I was rediculously high while playing him though cause me and lain smoked a bowl like 5 minutes before i played him. No excuses though, he's quite legit.

:(
Wait, what? I've never fought you or shugo, nor was I at SNES.... I don't know what you're talking about.
sup Ken Neth. haven't seen you since an earlier AiB ladder. (btw, i'm Jwallz)
What's up Jwallz. It's been awhile. I never get on AiB anymore.

And besides this huge 4 state tourney, X has taken 3rd and 2nd at Vegas tourneys with SK92 and Z and the rest of the Vegas smashers, so I don't see why you guys are doubting whether he's good or not like you are.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So wait, you guys are saying someone who took on the BEST players of the entire four corners(and el paso) isn't good? What the hell?X beat Wobbles, an amazing Wario, he beat out Forward, Darklink, ME, Furiousduffman, all of these GREAT PLAYERS. And you have the ****ing nerve to say he isn't good?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So wait, you guys are saying someone who took on the BEST players of the entire four corners(and el paso) isn't good? What the hell?X beat Wobbles, an amazing Wario, he beat out Forward, Darklink, ME, Furiousduffman, all of these GREAT PLAYERS. And you have the ****ing nerve to say he isn't good?
Pretty much, yeah. Needs more OoS in stronger regions.
Don't like playing the *******, but doing well in a region that's almost never discussed here isn't all that convincing to me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im glad espy said it so I dont have to be the only one thinking it.

Tbh, I try really hard to have a good knowledge of players from all regions and until four posts ago, I didnt know that forward or wobbles even played brawl.

Umby

Smash Master
Furthermore, no one is doubting that X is good at Sonic (he enthusiastically reminds us often). We just think you are overhyping him just a bit.

Also, from the few matches I've seen of Z (the Pikachu if I'm not mistaken? If not, then **** me.) he's not that great. Maybe link me to vids or something and I'll see if it changes my mind.

edit: is this him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS6pa1gqRAs

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Sm5. o: You're starting to have less confidence and more modesty than i do. :/. stop thinking everyone else is better than you. It takes a lotta skill to play sonic well and you're doing very well so stfu no more of this nonsense SM5ziez!

Although I should take my own words as advice also lmao. Both of us are lame xD

@ the vid ^. That pikachu aint got nothin on Antherzy!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
All of you should 200$ MM Dekar. Tell me that he isn't good since he hasn't gone OOS to "stronger regions"

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
In terms of skill:

Anther
---------------------l here
Pikapika!
--------------------l here
Z
-----------l here

Z waaaaaaaaaack

Umby

Smash Master
All of you should 200$ MM Dekar. Tell me that he isn't good since he hasn't gone OOS to "stronger regions"
Once again, no one said X "isn't good." Stop taking things out of context. We're simply saying that his accomplishments, while notable, don't have that much impact and that you are overhyping him.

Who is Dekar?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol those were some fun times tho.

wes thread was mad fun.

Also, if you havent forced X to pick up a second character to deal with you, you arent good enough, as a region.

step ya game up

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Well, from what I hear, getting drunk and playing Brawl is not as enjoyable as drunk Melee, so I'm assuming people get high to fill in the gap?
lol perhaps.

:(:(:(:(:(
suck a **** guy...
and than you say you arent trying to make a list of all the good sonics... if you are talking about EC sonics, thats EXACTLY what youre doing...
I was really hoping the "and more" would fill in those gaps >_< you do make a point though...majority of the best Sonics live in EC.

Next time Imma just say "there are better Sonics" and leave it at that..lol

This reminds me of that Wes thread all over again :x...
rofl trufax

turns out Wes was a totally awesome and chill dude. lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Genesis Singles:

1. Ally - Snake - $2,336
2. M2K - Meta Knight - $1,460
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight - $876
4. Dojo - Meta Knight - $584
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong - $233
6. DEHF - Falco - $175
7. Fiction - Wario - $118
8. SK92 - Falco - $59
9. Judge - Meta Knight
9. Lain - Ice Climbers/King Dedede
9. Ultimate Razer - Snake
9. UTD Zach - Game & Watch
13. Bardull - Marth
13. Havok - Meta Knight/Marth
13. Zex - Marth/Meta Knight
13. Chip - Toon Link
17: Armada - Sheik
17: MikeHaze - Marth
17: Z - Pikachu
17: Co18 - King Dedede
17: Rich Brown - Olimar
17: edrees - Peach
17: Atomsk - King Dedede
17: DSF - Snake/Meta Knight
25: Dao
25: BoA - Marth
25: Light
25: JonT
25: Hylian - Ice Climbers
25: Kismet2 - Falco
25: c@nip
25: f0cus
33: Malcom
33: t0mmy
33: warp status
33: FOW - Ness

SK92, Z, and FOW are all on this list and X has played all of them. All of you *******es can STFU. Dekar is also one of the best Diddy players in the nation and went even with Mikehaze in a grand finals set not to long ago.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
We have. X goes MK on me sometimes now.

I'll be uploading matches from the tourney. I don't know how many of X got saved, but there are a ton of Dekar. You'll see just how good Dekar, and the four corner states, are.

LOL, but whatever. I'm done with this arguement. I'll just post here when the vids are up. Or you could just subscribe and see them as the come. Youtube channel: Ken4Neth

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Furthermore, no one is doubting that X is good at Sonic (he enthusiastically reminds us often). We just think you are overhyping him just a bit.

Also, from the few matches I've seen of Z (the Pikachu if I'm not mistaken? If not, then **** me.) he's not that great. Maybe link me to vids or something and I'll see if it changes my mind.

edit: is this him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS6pa1gqRAs
It's most likely him, since Z and Kinzer are in the same region, and even the same state, if I'm not mistaken.

...I honestly feel that from watching that video, that K Prime plays the Sonic match up better.

Once again, no one said X "isn't good." Stop taking things out of context. We're simply saying that his accomplishments, while notable, don't have that much impact and that you are overhyping him.

Who is Dekar?
I didn't mean for it to sound so blunt in my post, but I as well will not deny that X is a great Sonic player. It's just that he hasn't played anyone that I've heard about, save for SK92, with favorable results to X himself.

This wasn't directed at you either, love. This post just reminded me to clarify my initial post. As for Dekar. I have no idea.

This reminds me of that Wes thread all over again :x...
In a sense, it is.
Except Wes kinda vanished, and has yet to submit results that continue to support his validity as a great Sonic.

Not that he isn't, there's just no hard evidence of it. Much like X. He's great in his region, but that's all we've seen.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
except that wes plays in a region that other people live in (malcolm, kai) or travel to (like myself)

X is good and the fact that he plays MK now proves it.

He just needs to hit bigger tourneys

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
except that wes plays in a region that other people live in (malcolm, kai) or travel to (like myself)

X is good and the fact that he plays MK now proves it.

He just needs to hit bigger tourneys
It also proves that he wants to win.
All he needs to do now is drop this piece of **** character.

Umby

Smash Master
SK92, Z, and FOW are all on this list and X has played all of them. All of you *******es can STFU. Dekar is also one of the best Diddy players in the nation and went even with Mikehaze in a grand finals set not to long ago.

SK92 and FOW are good. From every video I've seen of Z's Pikachu, they've all been mediocre. So that's X vs just two nationally renowned people (=/), and I don't hear mention of the frequency that they played and their win loss ratio in that regard. I've never seen Dekar's Diddy or heard of him, so I'll take your word for however good he is.

In any case, stop taking things out of context. It's fine to pole jock your resident high placing garbage tier player, but when we say he's overhyped, we're NOT SAYING HE'S BAD. As a matter of fact, he is very good for Sonic. We're just saying, if you want us to join your little bandwagon, we need to see a little more than "HE PLAYED A GOOD FALCO, A GOOD NESS, AND A MEDIOCRE PIKACHU AND GETS TOP PLACINGS IN OUR ONE REGION."

Also, not to play down on Dekar's skill (I mean, I don't even know how he plays), but if your claim is that he's one of the best Diddys in the nation:
1) How do you know if he doesn't play OoS often?
2) How come I've never heard of him?
3) What are his major accomplishments (besides the aforementioned case with MikeHAZE, which I'd still like confirmation and insight on)?

Umby

Smash Master
Fixed for truth. You can't just say Z is mediocre because you saw some vids of him off youtube. He placed top 20 at GENESIS.

Here's a vid of Dekar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hckP3hPpbpM

Also, I would pole jock X just because he is that awesome.
Considering the vids were pretty recent, I'd call mediocre an accurate depiction. Heck, I saw Z on a Vegas livestream and remember thinking that his tactics were a bit meh. I really hate trashing on this guy, considering I don't know him, but I don't know how he placed that high at Genesis.

And Dekar is a pretty good Diddy, I'll give him that, but I wouldn't called getting 3-0d in a set going "even" with someone. Taking matches down to last stock are pretty common, even if there is somewhat of a skill gap between players (I usually get Reflex and kismet down to last stock whenever I play them in tournament, and they're 4 times the player that I am). Good stuff on his part though, no doubt. You'd still have to explain how he's one of the "best diddys" though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Considering the vids were pretty recent, I'd call mediocre an accurate depiction. Heck, I saw Z on a Vegas livestream and remember thinking that his tactics were a bit meh. I really hate trashing on this guy, considering I don't know him, but I don't know how he placed that high at Genesis.

And Dekar is a pretty good Diddy, I'll give him that, but I wouldn't called getting 3-0d in a set going "even" with someone. Taking matches down to last stock are pretty common, even if there is somewhat of a skill gap between players (I usually get Reflex and kismet down to last stock whenever I play them in tournament, and they're 4 times the player that I am). Good stuff on his part though, no doubt. You'd still have to explain how he's one of the "best diddys" though.
This. Umby's pretty much doing all of the work.
I...wanted to do some of it, though. ;__;

dekars legit imo
Too bad "imo" loses to hard facts, which the previous few Utah posts lack on X's part.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I heard someone in the vid say he's the best diddy. xD They dont know about that ADHD/Gnes Action!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
This. Umby's pretty much doing all of the work.
I...wanted to do some of it, though. ;__;

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Let me help you out with that. i can put in a bit of work here.

I really hate trashing on this guy, considering I don't know him, but I don't know how he placed that high at Genesis.

I do

Pikapika was talking to me in the xat and he was very peeved at how Z placed, because he looked it up and saw exactly how easy his bracket was.

allllllllll of this.

I heard someone in the vid say he's the best diddy. xD They dont know about that ADHD/Gnes Action!
I love how people are talking about X and giving examples of him winning and placing in tourneys and than are trying to compare dekar to the guy that won SNES

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love how people are talking about X and giving examples of him winning and placing in tourneys and than are trying to compare dekar to the guy that won SNES
They only reported X's 3rd place at that recent tournament regional they had. They haven't given any more recent evidence other than that.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Oh snap, that was wes, not ken neth (I was also high when I wrote that post) sorry ken neth.

Genesis Singles:

1. Ally - Snake - $2,336
2. M2K - Meta Knight - $1,460
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight - $876
4. Dojo - Meta Knight - $584
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong - $233
6. DEHF - Falco - $175
7. Fiction - Wario - $118
8. SK92 - Falco - $59
9. Judge - Meta Knight
9. Lain - Ice Climbers/King Dedede
9. Ultimate Razer - Snake
9. UTD Zach - Game & Watch
13. Bardull - Marth
13. Havok - Meta Knight/Marth
13. Zex - Marth/Meta Knight
13. Chip - Toon Link
17: Armada - Sheik
17: MikeHaze - Marth
17: Z - Pikachu
17: Co18 - King Dedede
17: Rich Brown - Olimar
17: edrees - Peach
17: Atomsk - King Dedede
17: DSF - Snake/Meta Knight
25: Dao
25: BoA - Marth
25: Light
25: JonT
25: Hylian - Ice Climbers
25: Kismet2 - Falco
25: c@nip
25: f0cus
33: Malcom
33: t0mmy
33: warp status
33: FOW - Ness

Wait... I... I think I see something here!

Z placed higher than MalcolM, using the inui theorom we see that X > Z > MalcolM.

MalcolM = Best Sonic, X > MalcolM

therefore X = bestest sonic!

Inui logic is completely flawless!

j/k j/k much loves to all sonic mains.

Sm5. o: You're starting to have less confidence and more modesty than i do. :/. stop thinking everyone else is better than you. It takes a lotta skill to play sonic well and you're doing very well so stfu no more of this nonsense SM5ziez!

@ the vid ^. That pikachu aint got nothin on Antherzy!
Dude, you aren't allowed to be modest. I used to be able to claim "best sonic in the MW" but after you appeared on the scene I can't even claim "best sonic in ohio"

The only thing I can claim now is that I don't have a secondary and never make it out of pools at nat'l tournies. awesome.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I don't understand why you guys feel the need to argue over this ******** ****.

Is dekars better than Z better than X?
The correct answer, is who gives a sh-t?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

That video is nothing like Dekar is today. :/ I was ****ing freaked out by his Diddy in grand finals. Most technical thing I have ever seen.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

yeah right...if i was doing well, i would have taken top 3 or at least place in the money...Im not good lol. I agree somewhat with that last statement. You definitely arent lame. in no way possible.

Dude, you aren't allowed to be modest. I used to be able to claim "best sonic in the MW" but after you appeared on the scene I can't even claim "best sonic in ohio"

The only thing I can claim now is that I don't have a secondary and never make it out of pools at nat'l tournies. awesome.
this. you have no reason to be acting like this shugo. Oh wait ITT, i dont have a secondary either. but i dont have one because i choose not to. but enough about this, X is too goodz. None of us can deny this...and he is Ranked 3rd in his region (if i am correct?) I dont see no reason to get all riled up about this. I consider X to be very, very good in order to consistantly place top 3 with Sonic.

Umby

Smash Master
That video is nothing like Dekar is today. :/ I was ****ing freaked out by his Diddy in grand finals. Most technical thing I have ever seen.
Numerous people get freaked by the Sonic stuff I do. =/

You'd have to provide a more recent video and compare it to NinjaLink and ADHD to be a bit more convincing.

Top Bottom