• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I feel I must acknowledge that I'm proud of Nintendo for using the spotlight to give one last (hopefully) eulogy for Iwata-sama, and not just use it for advertising like everyone else.
That said, I am sad that we still have no idea when the Smash Direct or Cloud can be expected to arrive.

Kiechi

Smash Rookie
The anticipation is killing me.
I'm fed up with googling the latest news in hope the release date has been announced. All I'm met with are several behind the times bogus news sites regurgitating old news. I need cloud now!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
If I can wait a decade for FF XV, I can wait a few weeks for Cloud. I got this.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
To be fair, the 16th sounds about right when you consider when all the other DLC characters were released (around the halfway point of the month), so I'm sure that that might be our actual date. I can be patient. I can't can do this. Just a few more weeks.

Morbi

Scavenger
If I can wait two decades for the Final Fantasy VII remake, I can wait a few weeks for Cloud... But then again, I still have to wait for the remake. So who knows, I might give up before 2017 and lose the will to live. That is not the point though, the point is that Cloud is very near and I will be very much alive once he arrives.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Honestly, for the amount of time we have had to wait for FFXV to come out, it better TOP FFVII. I was soooooo hyped when the game was anounced.... 10 years ago. Though the demo was pretty nice.

Then whoosh! FFVII remake comes in and pretty much invalidates everything.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, for the amount of time we have had to wait for FFXV to come out, it better TOP FFVII. I was soooooo hyped when the game was anounced.... 10 years ago.
Fortunately for me, I did not even realize that it was coming until around 2013. The wait has still been quite long; however, it was reasonable.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I had a feeling GOTY was gonna go to Witcher 3. Nice to see Super Mario Maker be nominated though.
Hell yeah The Witcher 3 is a GOTY.

Seriously, how would you argue against it? :p

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
It's probably pretty obvious it was gonna be like this already, but the ending lag for Finishing Touch is pretty massive. Not only does he hit to both sides, but after he's done with the second strike he swings his sword into the air for a pose (I wonder if that has a hitbox?), but then brings his sword down to the ground almost before resetting back to his neutral position.

The end lag is long enough that the trailer cuts to the next scene before Cloud returns to neutral state. For comparison, Lucas's USmash and Little Mac's KO Punch seem to have less endlag based on their trailers.

I hope the attack is strong enough to break shields, because if it whiffs, you're definitely going to get punished hard.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...but if Finishing Touch instantly KOs (re: like moves with the same property), I'd say the risk/reward is worth it. Not to mention there could be setups leading into it (e.g. Wario's Waft, Jiggs' Rest, Mac's KO Punch). It also appears to cover both sides of Cloud, meaning you could potentially tag somebody trying to roll behind you, bait out bad empty hops, etc.

I could drum up a long-winded post about resources, too, but I won't because I'm not quite sure about how Limit works with Cloud yet. Consider the gist of it, the tl;dr: It's a kind of pressure that works both ways. Deleterious to you if mismanaged, but a bag-o'-tricks to an opponent if you don't.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not like the runner up was much better. Fallout 4 being GOTY is the biggest BS out there. At least for now. At least Witcher 3 had free DLC as support
GOTY for me means "all DLC" nowadays since that's pretty much what they are. Examples being Borderlands, Batman, Uncharted, etc. Just the "cheaper", DLC-packed edition of the game you can get later on. Basically, there's almost no meaning to it anymore. There is still merit to The Witcher 3 winning where it's like a victory for Poland and other countries that develop games, but are overshadowed since there's less of them than in the US and Japan. Was Life of Strange not a nominee? I didn't watch it. Would have been cool for France to be recognized even though people do acknowledge that games like The Witcher and LiS are gold games.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If Finishing Touch has massive cooldown (moreso than Little Mac's KO Punch), I wouldn't put it past them to make it as powerful as, or almost as powerful as, Little Mac's special. If Cloud can build his Limit Break anytime he wants to and get instant access to a KO special? That's going to be freaking HUGE for him. For Little Mac, having KO Punch online is one of the biggest factors of intimidation out there in Smash 4. Give that to Cloud where he can control it anytime? That's a recipe for disaster for the opponent.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
It'd be even more crazy if you can combo into it like KO Punch. Easily one of the first things I'm gonna try linking in training mode.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
GOTY for me means "all DLC" nowadays since that's pretty much what they are. Examples being Borderlands, Batman, Uncharted, etc. Just the "cheaper", DLC-packed edition of the game you can get later on. Basically, there's almost no meaning to it anymore. There is still merit to The Witcher 3 winning where it's like a victory for Poland and other countries that develop games, but are overshadowed since there's less of them than in the US and Japan. Was Life of Strange not a nominee? I didn't watch it. Would have been cool for France to be recognized even though people do acknowledge that games like The Witcher and LiS are gold games.
Yeah I mean I don't disagree at all with the award. I think The Witcher 3 deserves it easily. But there was only like 4 games that were nominated for GOTY I think; Super Mario Maker, Fallout 4, Metal Gear, and The Witcher 3.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'm still hopeful we'll get an announcement next week.
No particular reason besides wishful thinking that I might be able to play Cloud during my vacation.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
To be honest guys, the best way to mentally deal with it is just forget about Cloud for the time being, focus on school/work/w.e else is going on in your life, and just let it happen. It's usually uncertainty that drives people crazy, and we all will have more than enough time to mess around with the character whenever he comes out. The next "supposed" release date time is on the 16th, but I wouldn't get hyped about it. The VGA this year was sort of meh... the Iwata speech was nice, but that artist didn't do him justice IMO.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'll be catching up a bit on my backlog as I wait for Cloud. After today, my Wii U's going to be in the hands of my friend/roommate since I'm buying Xenoblade Chronicles X for his birthday/Christmas. He doesn't own a Wii U so I figured I would loan mine out for his playthrough. Figured I'd either finish my story run of ORAS, or start another playthrough of Jade Empire.

Smooth Criminal

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I'll be catching up a bit on my backlog as I wait for Cloud. After today, my Wii U's going to be in the hands of my friend/roommate since I'm buying Xenoblade Chronicles X for his birthday/Christmas. He doesn't own a Wii U so I figured I would loan mine out for his playthrough. Figured I'd either finish my story run of ORAS, or start another playthrough of Jade Empire.

Smooth Criminal
Im actually waiting on (OR)AS as we speak. Supposed to come in this week. How is it?

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I'll be limiting my use. I'll browse the threads from time to time, but I likely won't contribute much until Cloud's release. I'm in the process of getting a Kickstarter project rolling; trying to get funding for my production company, so I may not be responsive for quite a while.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
If I can wait two decades for the Final Fantasy VII remake, I can wait a few weeks for Cloud... But then again, I still have to wait for the remake. So who knows, I might give up before 2017 and lose the will to live. That is not the point though, the point is that Cloud is very near and I will be very much alive once he arrives.
At the rate Squeenix is dishing out games, I will be playing the FF7 Remake with my child, which actually might be kinda neat. I always figured that if you're gonna let your kids play video games, just as well expose them to games that will encourage them to think carefully and the type of good story telling that is best told in a gaming format.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal -- thank you, my friend. I may add Smash critiques and Smash related content to the channel, but the company is called Pyro Yacht Productions. We're going to be largely comedy-based; doing sketches/skits, reviews of games, music, film, etc. along with discussions, Let's Play, and other various live events.

Our YouTube channel is up and within this month we'll be posting our first piece of content: Drunken Debates. The premise is pitting two teams of inebriated folks against one another as they drunkenly debate various topics. We're integrating Twitter so that users can interact and pose debate topics. Ultimately, we want to be a user generated production company, so each month we'll ask our viewers to submit their ideas for content, we'll give them a shout out, do a webcam interview and credit them, and do our best to make their ideas a reality.

The point of the Kickstarter is to get enough money for the studio space and the equipment.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Just play some Final Fantasy games while you wait. Even if Clouds not on there. Its a great series. Go see what makes it so good. Or play Dissidia which as more Final Fantasy characters.

but when Cloud does come to Smash...I'm ready for an all night binge fest.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
To be honest guys, the best way to mentally deal with it is just forget about Cloud for the time being, focus on school/work/w.e else is going on in your life, and just let it happen. It's usually uncertainty that drives people crazy, and we all will have more than enough time to mess around with the character whenever he comes out. The next "supposed" release date time is on the 16th, but I wouldn't get hyped about it. The VGA this year was sort of meh... the Iwata speech was nice, but that artist didn't do him justice IMO.
This.
I'll be checking in once or twice a day, upvoting here and there, but I've got some other things to do; I still need to finish the new Star Wars book before going to Episode VII (opening night!). Let's hope the 7th episode is as good as the 7th Final Fantasy!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't think Nintendo would lie about a Smash direct like that.
Oh, the direct? I meant the release of Cloud. Would be right on Final Fantasy VII's release date and birthday. As for the direct? Eh, whenever it'll happen, it'll happen.

D

Deleted member

Just play some Final Fantasy games while you wait. Even if Clouds not on there. Its a great series. Go see what makes it so good. Or play Dissidia which as more Final Fantasy characters.

but when Cloud does come to Smash...I'm ready for an all night binge fest.
Honestly, I am kinda tempted to buy Dissida and/or it's sequel... er prequel so that I can play as Terra. I LOVE Final Fantasy VI and she is one of my favorite protagonists. :)
I wanna play VI again, but... if I am playing VII soon (along with Xenoblade X, which is a massive game), I think it's best if I save another playthrough of that game for later.

December 16 does really sound likely to me.
I think December 16 is likely as well, but I think it can happen earlier. I just hope that Cloud gets released this month...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly, I am kinda tempted to buy Dissida and/or it's sequel... er prequel so that I can play as Terra. I LOVE Final Fantasy VI and she is one of my favorite protagonists. :)
I wanna play VI again, but... if I am playing VII soon (along with Xenoblade X, which is a massive game), I think it's best if I save another playthrough of that game for later.

I think December 16 is likely as well, but I think it can happen earlier. I just hope that Cloud gets released this month...
I am certain him and another will be released this month consodering we haven't gotten a new character since June.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
December 16th does sound like a reasonable date to air the Smash Bros. broadcast but, as usual, I'm not gonna bring my hopes up until Sakurai or Nintendo confirms this themselves. My money is ready for Cloud to come out.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll bet money on it being any other date than December 16th.

I've given up on predicting Sakurai ever since Cloud of all people got freaking announced.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>FFVII Remake plays like Kingdom Hearts

IT LITERALLY SHOT UP MY RADAR A WHOOOOOLE LOT

Also now I HAVE to play the original since it's basically a different game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom