• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
While I was hoping for it to remain turn based to stay true to the original game, I'm not at all opposed with their direction of an ARPG. Gameplay looks nice and combat seems to remain nice and simple. As for Cloud, he looks fine to me.

And let's be honest here, if Cloud had a good amount of muscles, he'd be a dead giveaway for that part with Don Corneo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm a little more interested in the ff7 remake now that it's an action rpg. I never was a big fan of the original ff7.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Beau voiced Barret in Advent Children too, so that probably means everyone's getting their Advent Children voice actors which makes sense since Square Enix kept good contact. Losing contact would suck like how Gabranth had to be voiced by Keith Ferguson, Basch, instead of Michael E. Rodgers in Dissidia. Keith did well, but Rodgers would have just fit without much of an issue.
I hope this is not the case with Aerith's voice actress. I much prefer her voice actress in Crisis Core. To me personally, that was the only one to nail the character right. Don't know the actress's name though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hope this is not the case with Aerith's voice actress. I much prefer her voice actress in Crisis Core. To me personally, that was the only one to nail the character right. Don't know the actress's name though.
Apparently, Aerith had 3 English voice actresses: Mandy Moore in KH1, Mena Suvari in KH2 and Advent Children, and Andrea Bowen in Dissidia 012 and Crisis Core. Assuming they decided on Crisis Core, then it's Bowen. Yuffie had 2 English voice actresses: Christy Carlson Romano in KH1 and Advent Children and Mae Whitman in KH2 and Dirge of Cerberus. Outside of Sephiroth who only had one appearance, KH1 had Lance Bass, where George Newbern didn't voice him, none of the other FFVII characters had voice actor changes.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
*shudders* Mandy Moore's Aerith. At least Lance just voiced one battle. Hearing her dialogue in KH1 pierced my heart like the Masamune.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apparently, Aerith had 3 English voice actresses: Mandy Moore in KH1, Mena Suvari in KH2 and Advent Children, and Andrea Bowen in Dissidia 012 and Crisis Core. Assuming they decided on Crisis Core, then it's Bowen. Yuffie had 2 English voice actresses: Christy Carlson Romano in KH1 and Advent Children and Mae Whitman in KH2 and Dirge of Cerberus. Outside of Sephiroth who only had one appearance, KH1 had Lance Bass, where George Newbern didn't voice him, none of the other FFVII characters had voice actor changes.
I think Lance Bass should make his triumphant return as Sephiroth.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
This game could receive a M rating considering Final Fantasy 7 was the first in the series to contain blood. I remember me being in shock when my brother was playing and he came across the Midgar Zolom scene.

I think it would be hard to turn this into T rating without toning down the blood. I think it would be cool if it had the M rating.

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
This game could receive a M rating considering Final Fantasy 7 was the first in the series to contain blood. I remember me being in shock when my brother was playing and he came across the Midgar Zolom scene.

I think it would be hard to turn this into T rating without toning down the blood. I think it would be cool if it had the M rating.
I think it'd have a rating similar to Crisis Core since it had quite a bit of blood too. Nowhere near FF7 levels but still.

EDIT:

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Typically, the blood has to be inherent to the gameplay. One or two bloody setpieces isn't enough to merit an M rating unless there's dismembered limbs strewn about.
Besides, Square-Enix will want a T rating, as they've always had for their numbered titles.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You guys are talking about Cloud being all scrawny but I mean, look at Barret
Does the guy even lift(anymore)?

... That's a head to head comparison of FF7's remake to the original game :V
His sunglasses, though.

Seems based on his Advent Children render which looks normal compared to Cloud who looks skinnier than his Advent Children appearance.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
>FFVII Remake plays like Kingdom Hearts

IT LITERALLY SHOT UP MY RADAR A WHOOOOOLE LOT

Also now I HAVE to play the original since it's basically a different game.

This is what I missed today?!?!?!

Wow... notice the way he fights in this game. Swinging that sword around one handed like it was a simple sword. They really wanted to emphasize his strength it seems.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is what I missed today?!?!?!

Wow... notice the way he fights in this game. Swinging that sword around one handed like it was a simple sword. They really wanted to emphasize his strength it seems.
The Buster Sword is actually lighter than it looks. Cloud says so in Dissidia in his story at one point.

That being said, the way he fights with it is still an impressive spectacle.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I think the game will a T rating or a 12/16 rating since i am in the UK. I remember i heard once that Square wanted a T rating when they were making the original game. I could be wrong.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
inb4 Dissidia isn't canon
It's not canon in terms of it's story events but it still stays true to the characters and elaborates on them.

I'm pretty sure it's not the only time it's mentioned, it's just the only instance I remember for certain.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
It's not canon in terms of it's story events but it still stays true to the characters and elaborates on them.

I'm pretty sure it's not the only time it's mentioned, it's just the only instance I remember for certain.
I think Crisis Core makes a small mention of that as well.

Still, for such a massive sword he still keeps balance after spins and swings it around faster than Noctis can swing his REGULAR sword!

Makes me wonder though... will Cloud only have access to Greatswords (or broadsword whatever you prefer)? Like Barret had access to glove-type weapons in the old game so could we see like secondary type for each character?

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...Cloud is kinda superhuman, guys.

Granted it doesn't account for the balance/how unwieldy his weapon actually is, but being stronger than the average Joe would certainly make swinging it around a lot easier.

Smooth Criminal

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
I hope they can include the Fusion Swords in the game somehow. There's something so awesome about combining multiple swords to make one big sword. It's my favorite Cloud weapon.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Aw crap. I was hoping it would be turn-based. I knew it wouldn't be, but I was hoping anyway.
Don't get me wrong, unless turn-based RPGs have a high amount of customization, (Etrian Odyssey) I generally like ARPGs more, but this just doesn't feel right. At all.

I wonder how much of the humor from the original will be scrapped? The whole thing looked over-the-top gritty and "dark."
I'd say I lost all faith in Square-Enix, but that happened years ago. This was a chance to get some back.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I wonder how much of the humor from the original will be scrapped? The whole thing looked over-the-top gritty and "dark."
I'd say I lost all faith in Square-Enix, but that happened years ago. This was a chance to get some back.
...you say that about what is arguably the grittiest and darkest installment of the franchise.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
...Cloud is kinda superhuman, guys.

Granted it doesn't account for the balance/how unwieldy his weapon actually is, but being stronger than the average Joe would certainly make swinging it around a lot easier.

Smooth Criminal
Well his strength is a lot different than whats been shown. In FF7, it was tough to really have any idea about his speed or anything due to ATB but he still handled the sword in a way that you'd kind of expect. Dissidia made him a slower heavy hitting kind of fighter which made perfect sense considering... Buster Sword. Now the remake has him dancing with the thing.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I was gonna say, there is absolutely nothing colorful, optimistic, happy, light, etc, about basically being an eco-terrorist in the first few hours of the game. But yes, I do hope they keep the humor in tact as well.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well his strength is a lot different than whats been shown. In FF7, it was tough to really have any idea about his speed or anything due to ATB but he still handled the sword in a way that you'd kind of expect. Dissidia made him a slower heavy hitting kind of fighter which made perfect sense considering... Buster Sword. Now the remake has him dancing with the thing.
Well, I mean

Jenova-infused human being and all. That's gotta have some preternatural perks, amirite?

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
...you say that about what is arguably the grittiest and darkest installment of the franchise.
Smooth Criminal
Eh. Fair enough. As The_Cardinal said, there isn't much lightheartedness going around in the beginning of the game. Which is what the trailer covers.
Still, something tells me they're going to scrap a lot of the humorous parts of the game.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I seriously doubt that much'll change, all things considered.

Nomura still wants the infamous crossdressing segment in there, for example.

Smooth Criminal

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Well, I mean

Jenova-infused human being and all. That's gotta have some preternatural perks, amirite?

Smooth Criminal
Youarerite! I completely agree. I mean I was hoping they would show-off Cloud's super-human abilities but even I wasn't expecting it to be on that level.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Advent Children broke the laws of physics in every fight scene, man. It was crazier than a martial arts wuxia flick! I can only assume they're building off of that.

Smooth Criminal

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
I was gonna say, there is absolutely nothing colorful, optimistic, happy, light, etc, about basically being an eco-terrorist in the first few hours of the game. But yes, I do hope they keep the humor in tact as well.
Nah, I would think that Squeenix wouldn't make a horrible decision as cutting out the humor since that would give the people whining about it being too dark and edgy more fuel to light the fire with.

Also, I don't really recall any Square Enix game that doesn't have some lightheartedness in it at all.

Ghadaziaz

Smash Rookie
I'm noticing how different Cloud's colors are in the Remake as compared to his Smash release. Muted, almost completely black in remake, purple, silvers, brown on the belt and straps in Smash.

I remember that the dark pallette was what was used for his outfit at the end of Crisis Core, and it did have story reasons. It just makes me realize how much more I like his purple, Soldier 2nd Class (?) outfit. And I appreciate how clearly Smash is pulling directly from the original game source i.e. my nostalgia.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Also, I hate to dredge it up again, but I wanted to add something about how Cloud looked in the remake. I particularly like it because, well, this is how I've always envisioned the character, especially when you take his backstory into account.

I don't like plugging Tumblr very often anywhere, but I reblogged this little tidbit and it expands upon how I felt pretty nicely.

Smooth Criminal

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I mean, don't all FF's have some type of edginess to them? I mean in some form you always have Crystals, the life of the world, either trying to be destroyed, controlled for power, or just flat out dead. That's always the basics in EVERY FF game. Then you have the story content. You have main characters committing mass murders on innocent towns, evil tyrants and empires destroying everything in their path for control, etc. That's pretty dark to me. People ignore too much of FF7's lighter side. Gold Saucer is dark and edgy? Chocobo Racing? Cross dressing humor? Makes sense.

FF7 does go a lot deeper though. It touches base with terrorism, political corruption, and even world pollution
through Midgar's excessive usage of the planets energy (notice Midgar is surrounded by a desolate wasteland).

What makes FF7 so amazing is the fact that it used real life crisis and combined it with the fantasy we've come to love. Yes, it's extremely dark. But isn't that one of the reasons why it's considered one of the greatest games of all time?

People seem to forget that the world we live in is no brighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom