• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What are the chances of having an FFVII (of FF in general) Assist Trophy?
I know Ryu didn't get one, so no promises there, but... What if there was?

Maybe Barret with his ultimate Limit Break?
Yuffie stealing other players' command inputs? (Steals Up+B, Steals Fsmash, etc)
Or maybe just a Chocobo ramming everyone?

I know nobody here probably plays with items, but I do turn on ATs from time to time just to mess with them (or the other way around), but it'd be pretty kewl.

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
You guys think we'll see Cloud footage at VGAs? Reggie did say something about #SettleItInSmash and I'm guessing the Sony representative will play as Cloud (why not?).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Interestingly, Xenogears started out as FFVII.
That's actually kind of interesting, if it's true. But how?

I get how Secret Of Mana ended up being Chrono Trigger (or the other way around), two of the main characters look pretty much like the other two main characters.

Anyway, it's nice how the relation between Nintendo and Sony has grown into a more friendly rivalry (although each party says they are not competing with each other, since they have different views), but they still compliment each other whenever they have the chance.

And on a note more related to the thread. I do recall people saying that Square-Enix was going to remake FFVII ONLY if FFXIII was a success.
... I take it it was a success? Or at least one of its sequels?

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I have a feeling we'll get one of two outcomes tonight:

1) Reggie announces the date of the Nintendo Direct and we'll have to wait until the conference to download Cloud

OR incredibly wishful thinking on my part:

2) Reggie announces the date of the Nintendo Direct conference, delivers us Cloud tonight, and adds fuel to the hype train regarding the next batch of fighters

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
So I started playing FF7 about two weeks ago for only the second time ever as I never got far the first time I played it and didn't play it again for a long time. I wasn't expecting Sephiroth to have a second phase and completely destroy me after beating Jenova Absolute and his first phase super easily. I guess that's what I get for not getting Ribbons and KOTR. I still somehow got the achievement for getting Cloud's last Limit Break despite not winning.

Edit: Uh..never mind. I didn't realize x4 cut would kill him in two turns..

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
This a very interesting conclusion to Smash DLC. Something tells me this broadcast will change video game history as we know it.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
This a very interesting conclusion to Smash DLC. Something tells me this broadcast will change video game history as we know it.
That's a very interesting avatar you have there. Makes me think I've seen it somewhere before...hmmm...
stink eye.jpg

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yeah, I'm assuming you're referring to the video games award in roughly an hour.
Here's the live feed:
Apologies in advance if the streaming content isn't held to the same censorship standards as the broadcast version.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll keep my expectations for the VGX very, very, very low. Sure, Nintendo had some decent showings last year (new Zelda Wii U footage was nice), but I don't want to have high expectations when we could get literally nothing...

I still remember VGX 2013 very vividly on Smashboards. Everyone was getting hyped for either Smash for Zelda footage and what we got was Cranky Kong getting confirmed for Tropical Freeze.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'll keep my expectations for the VGX very, very, very low. Sure, Nintendo had some decent showings last year (new Zelda Wii U footage was nice), but I don't want to have high expectations when we could get literally nothing...

I still remember VGX 2013 very vividly on Smashboards. Everyone was getting hyped for either Smash for Zelda footage and what we got was Cranky Kong getting confirmed for Tropical Freeze.
Dude... Dude. Cranky is the bomb. :p

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
and just like that, Splatoon wins the multiplayer game of the year award.
Also, Nathan Drake punching women confirmed. Now all I can do is picture a Smash announcement with him pistol-whipping Peach across the face with the tagline, "Nathan Drake punches in!"
And now Shaq Fu is a thing. Again.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What are the chances of having an FFVII (of FF in general) Assist Trophy?
I know Ryu didn't get one, so no promises there, but... What if there was?

Maybe Barret with his ultimate Limit Break?
Yuffie stealing other players' command inputs? (Steals Up+B, Steals Fsmash, etc)
Or maybe just a Chocobo ramming everyone?

I know nobody here probably plays with items, but I do turn on ATs from time to time just to mess with them (or the other way around), but it'd be pretty kewl.
I'd think having a summon would make the most sense. Like Shiva but I don't recall her in ff7

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Lmao this whole section of paying respect for Satoru Iwata and a buncha people are like, "BRACE YOURSELF FOR NEWS!!"

Or? Maybe we're just having an awesome moment to remember an amazing dude.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Well, I had a feeling GOTY was gonna go to Witcher 3. Nice to see Super Mario Maker be nominated though.

Top Bottom